BeautifulGame
Messi
McAgger
Magricos
Harmonica
39 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

All time European Cup/ Champions League XI - L'Equipe - Page 2 Empty Re: All time European Cup/ Champions League XI - L'Equipe

Post by jibers Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:16 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:Raul and Xavi should both be there

Giggs has been performing t a higher level than Xavi, why should xavi be there over him? Get over yourselfs, next thing you'lll say xavi is better than Cruyff.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

All time European Cup/ Champions League XI - L'Equipe - Page 2 Empty Re: All time European Cup/ Champions League XI - L'Equipe

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:22 pm

jibers wrote:

Giggs has been performing t a higher level than Xavi, why should xavi be there over him? Get over yourselfs, next thing you'lll say xavi is better than Cruyff.

Not really.Giggs has been very inconsistent even at his peak.Only now at his end of his career for a very short term he showed real consistency which is masking his known inconsistency throughout his career.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:29 pm

free_cat wrote:
Messi wrote:wow I thought he won it more.

It's the "Zidane effect". He is so overated that people believes he did things he never did. People believes he single handedly won 2 WC and 2 Eurocups, that he won single-handedly several CL, even that he shitted gold and farted Channel nº 5.

Zizouverated Zidane.

lol at barca fans and their hate towards zidane
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:
free_cat wrote:

It's the "Zidane effect". He is so overated that people believes he did things he never did. People believes he single handedly won 2 WC and 2 Eurocups, that he won single-handedly several CL, even that he shitted gold and farted Channel nº 5.

Zizouverated Zidane.

lol at barca fans and their hate towards zidane

Nah we dont hate Zidane, he didnt win anything of any great note while at Madrid apart from 1 CL........

If he won 4 CL's then we would hate him Very Happy

I agree with Free nonetheless Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:21 pm

jibers wrote:

Dont think Giggs has performed at a higher level than Xavi.
Peak performance wise Xavi easily better than Giggs in the CL.
Only thing Giggs has is playing in 20 odd CL seasons which is a great achievement but he has that on all other footballers not named Maldini.
But Xavi is no slouch in the longevity department either.
Xavi definitely deserves to be on the list.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:29 pm

free_cat wrote:

Zizouverated Zidane.
You can never singe handedly win consecutive trophies at time. Zidane never had an solid partner to work with and expand the history of Madrid, thats one of those reasons why Zidane maybe didint look good for you, but he certainly was a WC player for me. Is xavi any better midfielder without Iniesta maybe, or for example what would barcelona be without Messi. Point is you can never win anything just by yourselves, but he had very amazing WC 2006 tho. Shame France lost in the final Sad
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:31 pm

Why Seedorf is there? Despite winning mulyiple titles, he is no by any means legendary...
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:33 pm

Seedorf IS a legend man. One of the best in his position
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Hm. Strange that Dino Zoff didn't win the CL more than once. He would have merited at least an honorary mention, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:26 pm

Clemence
Neal Puyol Hansen Kennedy
Souness
Xavi Iniesta
Messi Dalglish Cruyff

:bow:
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:30 pm

The xcx wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Zizouverated Zidane.
You can never singe handedly win consecutive trophies at time. Zidane never had an solid partner to work with and expand the history of Madrid, thats one of those reasons why Zidane maybe didint look good for you, but he certainly was a WC player for me. Is xavi any better midfielder without Iniesta maybe, or for example what would barcelona be without Messi. Point is you can never win anything just by yourselves, but he had very amazing WC 2006 tho. Shame France lost in the final Sad
Thats where I stopped reading.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:32 pm

why is CR7 not on that list?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:42 pm

free_cat wrote:

Zizouverated Zidane.
:bow:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:11 pm

baresi wrote:
The xcx wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Zizouverated Zidane.
Thats where I stopped reading.
Please explain
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:27 pm

Roberto Caros, Luis Figo, Raul, David Beckham, Fernando Hierro, Ronaldo, Makelele, all those played along side Zidane.

I am not getting into the argument if he is a great player or not, he is by all means, but I am commenting on "Zidane never had an solid partner to work with and expand the history of Madrid"
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:33 pm

baresi wrote:Roberto Caros, Luis Figo, Raul, David Beckham, Fernando Hierro, Ronaldo, Makelele, all those played along side Zidane.

I am not getting into the argument if he is a great player or not, he is by all means, but I am commenting on "Zidane never had an solid partner to work with and expand the history of Madrid"
I meant that he didint have an solid midfield partner, The names you just enlisted dosent fall for that category, apart from figo, beckham, Hierro, Makelele, they were a apart of a midfield but I dont recall them being Zidanes cm duo . And beckham on the list? All time European Cup/ Champions League XI - L'Equipe - Page 2 1625187496
Idiocy
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:06 pm

I am not a fan of Zidane, also dislike his attitude, but he gets too much hate.

He was the catalyst, game changer and the one who keep that NT together. Have you seen France 2002 with bad Zizou? A clueless bunch.

2006 team, despite having tremendous players, was a joke of a team (kinda like England post-2002). Until Zizou started performing, they could not do a thing.

Spain, Brazil, Portugal were all Zidane shows.

Last edited by Grande_Milano on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:07 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:I am not a fan of Zidane, also dislike his attitude, but he gets too much France.

He was the catalyst, game changer and the one who keep that NT together. Have you seen France 2002 with bad Zizou? A clueless bunch.

2006 team, despite having tremendrous players was a joke of a team (kinda like England post-2002). Until Zizou started performing, they could not do a thing.

Atleast someone thinks good about Zidane.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:12 pm

:lol!: did people forget France wasn't going to qualify in 06 not saying it was him alone obviously Makalele and Thuram came back as well.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Magricos wrote: :lol!: did people forget France wasn't going to qualify in 06 not saying it was him alone obviously Makalele and Thuram came back as well.

Makelele was close to retirement, Thuram also.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:19 pm

jibers wrote:
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/login?logout=1&tid=eee2e0679b7bdf4c7e851f5953eb07f9&key=218a60

No, xavi at his best >>>>>> giggs at his best. What giggs has over xavi is his longetivity

baresi wrote:why is CR7 not on that list?

Because he has only won 1 CL and to be apart of this team you have to win it atleast 2 times

Grande_Milano wrote:I am not a fan of Zidane, also dislike his attitude, but he gets too much hate.

2006 team, despite having tremendous players, was a joke of a team (kinda like England post-2002). Until Zizou started performing, they could not do a thing.

Zidane doesn't get to much hate on this forum. Almost everyone on this forum seems to think that zidane was a one-man team, who single-handedly won france the WC at 98 when the truth is he had a lukewarm tournament until the final.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:33 pm

The xcx wrote:
baresi wrote:Roberto Caros, Luis Figo, Raul, David Beckham, Fernando Hierro, Ronaldo, Makelele, all those played along side Zidane.

I meant that he didint have an solid midfield partner, The names you just enlisted dosent fall for that category, apart from figo, beckham, Hierro, Makelele, they were a apart of a midfield but I dont recall them being Zidanes cm duo . And beckham on the list? All time European Cup/ Champions League XI - L'Equipe - Page 2 1625187496
Idiocy
Noooooooo way for how long have you been a Madrid fan.

As for the rest of the post its just laughable.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:36 pm

harhar11 wrote:

baresi wrote:why is CR7 not on that list?

Because he has only won 1 CL and to be apart of this team you have to win it atleast 2 times

Did'nt he win it last season with RM?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:08 pm

baresi wrote:
The xcx wrote:

Idiocy
Noooooooo way for how long have you been a Madrid fan.

As for the rest of the post its just laughable.
hey whatever makes you sleep at night.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:12 pm

I'd change Giggs with Xavi

They should have a bench, where I would of put Giggs and Raul (Raul is amazing but not knocking anybody off that list)

Also no more Zidane talk, he only won 1 CL so no point of his name being mentioned here
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:53 pm

windkick wrote:I'd change Giggs with Xavi

They should have a bench, where I would of put Giggs and Raul (Raul is amazing but not knocking anybody off that list)

Also no more Zidane talk, he only won 1 CL so no point of his name being mentioned here

This he only won 1 CL so he doesn't matter in this context and Grande Hierro wasn't Zizou's midfield partner.

Last edited by Magricos on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum