Milantildeath
PinePHresh
Grande_Milano
Ganso
BiasedMilanFan3
KR10
10 posters

Go down

We should play 4-3-3 with emanuelson starting Empty We should play 4-3-3 with emanuelson starting

Post by KR10 Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:51 am

With Pato out, Emanuelson having a great game today, as well as our lack of a natural TQ, I firmly believe that we should switch over to a 4-3-3 formation, at least for the time being. Since we use 2 DM's, I think this will be a balanced line up as well:

Emanuelson Ibra Robinho(when back from injury)

Seedorf/Aquilani MVB Nocerino

Taiwo/Zambrotta Nesta Silva God

What do you think?

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

We should play 4-3-3 with emanuelson starting Empty Re: We should play 4-3-3 with emanuelson starting

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:42 am

Depends if Allegri knows how to use a 433 formation properly
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

We should play 4-3-3 with emanuelson starting Empty Re: We should play 4-3-3 with emanuelson starting

Post by Ganso Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:44 am

we tried last season,didnt work.But Dinho and Pato were on the wings,with emanu and robinho it will probably work
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:01 am

4-3-3 is not our thing. We are always a 4-4-2 diamond or 4-3-1-2, or even ''xmas tree''. For 4-3-3 even for a defensive one you need good wingers, and we have Pato and Robinho who are not natural at this position. You also need speed, the whole team should be moving fast, and how you gonna do it with Seedorf-MVB-Nocerino as it stands for now?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:39 pm

Formations and tactics are two different things. What do you feel would be different with a 4-3-3? How would you make it work? Please provide some specific tactical points, otherwise it tells me nothing to say that we should line up in x manner.

A 4-3-3 requires dynamic midfield players who can surge forward into the space created by a striker, when his runs pull defenders out of position. Unfortunately, Ibrahimovic has a terrible work rate. Despite possessing great strength, height, and pace, he does not have the mentality to play as a lone striker. He works best receiving the ball to feet, being able to dictate play or use his technical ability to feed teammates with flick ons and one-twos. This is why he is so successful in Italian football.

To add to this point, your particular lineup would not suit Milan's style of play imo. We have trouble linking the defense to the attack. With two defensive midfielders, we are reliant on Seedorf and two supporting fullbacks to get the ball forward to the attacking third. In a 4-3-3, two defensive midfielders would be detrimental. In order two work the ball further up the pitch, one of the wide players would have to continuously drop deep to receive the ball. This would create a shape that is similar to a 4-3-1-2 anyway (one attacking midfield player supporting two players further up the pitch). With attackers operating in wide positions, the space in the middle would be occupied only by Seedorf, who would have to do plenty more running, and Nocerino, a ball winner who is not a true passer of the ball. Without a more dynamic midfield, I do not think the 4-3-3 would work as our primary system.

We don't have many players who operate in wide areas who can really whip in a cross with consistency. We also don't have many players who are good in the air.

I believe you made this thread in response to today's match versus Cesena, and it would be a response with which I can sympathize. I actually created a thread on the old forums asking for a 4-3-3 to be implemented at certain times. As we have seen with Allegri's Milan, a team that plays through the middle can be thwarted by opposition who play a disciplined game reliant on counter attacks (see: Napoli, Udinese, last season's Coppa Italia vs Palermo). When this occurs, it is important for the attackers to stretch the field of play to be as large as possible. This includes utilizing wide areas, playing at a high tempo, and switching the point of attack when appropriate. With our current personnel, we don't need a new formation, but simply a tweak in tactics at times from Allegri.

I think the 4-3-1-2 is the right formation for us, but Allegri needs to create space for a passer at RCM, and Galliani needs to add one midfield player in January, who is youthful and combines stamina with vision and technique.
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:49 am

4-3-1-2 is in our DNA and any time we have gone away from that we have struggled. Robinho should be playing behind Cassano and Zlatan in my opinion, then we can move Prince into the mid field three to add some more creativity in there.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:52 am

Milantildeath wrote:4-3-1-2 is in our DNA and any time we have gone away from that we have struggled. Robinho should be playing behind Cassano and Zlatan in my opinion, then we can move Prince into the mid field three to add some more creativity in there.

Agreed. Both Robinho and Cassano have excelled in that kind of formation. And we need Boateng in the midfield three.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:03 pm

Milantildeath wrote:4-3-1-2 is in our DNA and any time we have gone away from that we have struggled. Robinho should be playing behind Pato and Zlatan in my opinion, then we can move Prince into the mid field three to add some more creativity in there.

Fixed.

Cassano has done absolutely nothing to warrant a spot in the starting XI IMO. Unless he shapes up, he should be benched immediately upon pato's return.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:46 pm

ACMRox wrote:
Milantildeath wrote:4-3-1-2 is in our DNA and any time we have gone away from that we have struggled. Robinho should be playing behind Pato and Zlatan in my opinion, then we can move Prince into the mid field three to add some more creativity in there.

Fixed.

Cassano has done absolutely nothing to warrant a spot in the starting XI IMO. Unless he shapes up, he should be benched immediately upon pato's return.

He has done more than Pato and he actually doesnt get injured so we can really rely on him ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Both of them should be on the bench. Robinho does a lot more for the team and also plays very well with Ibra.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Unless Robinho plays as AM, then Pato or Cassano can start with Ibra.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:02 am

Cassano has earned a starting spot for right now, also Pato is hurt and is out one month minimum, Cassano has proven to be very dynamic when playing with Robinho and Zlatan. I can't wait to see them all playing together again.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down