Should Greece remain in the euro-zone after they default?

+15
Robespierre
RealGunner
Cruijf
iftikhar
Dante
ProXima
kiranr
VivaStPauli
Seth
pUsHa
beatrixasdfghjk.
KMD
Art Morte
Yuri Yukuv
BarrileteCosmico
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Should Greece remain in the euro-zone after they default? Empty Should Greece remain in the euro-zone after they default?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:58 am

:coffee:

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Should Greece remain in the euro-zone after they default? Empty Re: Should Greece remain in the euro-zone after they default?

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:20 am

You know they didnt default right?
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Should Greece remain in the euro-zone after they default? Empty Re: Should Greece remain in the euro-zone after they default?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:59 am

they will man
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:14 am

So I am taking your long greek CDS? Or short greek bonds? Short euro?

Cuz if you are that sure you shud make some money off it.

I think europe will contain this.

I dont see why they would both default and revert back to the drachma, it wont make much sense. One solution would be for them to revert and then monetize the debt, or to default and stay in the euro. Doing both wont be very beneficial for the country.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:17 am

It doesn't look like they'll be able to stick to their austerity plans, therefore EU / IMF might stop paying those aid packages or whatever and that would be the final nail in the coffin. It, the default, could very well happen in any case, too.

Should Greece remain in the Euro after their likely default, I don't know.

It's not Greece I'm too worried about, even, but economies of the likes of Italy and Spain. The bad news from the U.S. aren't exactly great, either. Every week new global recession looks more likely, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:21 pm

they will default but i think not yet, because Greece will be like a testing puppy for the the global economy, trying different measures and see which one are the best, then when it's Italy's and Spain's turn, they will have some knowledge but again they might be testing different measures, taking it slowly.

But ye I'd bet Greece will default probably by november, and I guess the best option is to hold cash $$$$....

also guys, media is so sh*t.... there are protests on wall street but barely anyone knows about them.

some pics, don't mind the language

and yahoo would block emails from people encouraging to participate in it, labeling it as "suspicious activity"

KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:44 am

If they defaulted the global economy would die, so I don't think the IMF would let them :coffee:

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:27 am

It's the Germans fault for fking accepting them to begin with ... Greece didnt have the economy to step into the EU and add to that their peoples are lazy ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:28 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:If they defaulted the global economy would die, so I don't think the IMF would let them :coffee:

No ... The Dollar is only rising because of it ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:32 am

pUsHa wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:If they defaulted the global economy would die, so I don't think the IMF would let them :coffee:

No, default = lower confidence = lower spending = lower investment = death.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:59 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
pUsHa wrote:

No, default = lower confidence = lower spending = lower investment = death.

Oh what about the Dollar rising more and more after these events .... if Greece fall into default the EURO will also considerably fall , making the Dollar asked more and more again ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:22 am

Dollar rising more and more?
How volatile has the stock market been recently?
The US got their credit rating cut and they're screwing themselves over in parliament :L

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Speaking on a global perspective, if Greece defaulted, we are probably going to see a drop in confidence in the global financial system itself.

As for the dollar rising due to Euro drop in value, I think the same happen too (i.e. their dollar will drop) when US is screwing themselves over the debt too.

Even Australia who escaped the 2009 financial crisis relatively untouched is now having a slowdown in the retail sector. The only reason why Australia's economy appears to do so well is because the mining industry is doing very very good >_>

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:32 pm

Being an Australian, I agree.
But you don't know how crap our opposition is, talking about 'hundreds of millions of debt' or something crazy like that ==
It's like nothing compared to other major OECD nations :L
But yeah, lots of Australians aren't that smart.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:21 pm

They'll get bailed out, the crisis will result in a tighter political Union in the EU, and that's it, basically. :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:42 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:They'll get bailed out, the crisis will result in a tighter political Union in the EU, and that's it, basically. :coffee:

There will be a managed default type of thing, maybe greece will default on 30% in a controlled matter. A haircut too.

But yeah, you guys will bail them out. Rescuing greece is not about rescuing greece, its about rescuing european banks.

In the future I hope germany will have more influence on how eurozone is run financially.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:53 pm

Ze Germans want to create the United Nations of Europe :coffee:

:bow: dem Germans
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:12 pm

The German lower house passed the EFSF amendment bill with a leading conservative lawmaker noting that the coalition did not need to rely on opposition votes.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:28 pm

pUsHa wrote:Ze Germans want to create the United Nations of Europe :coffee:

Yeah they do. And it's a great idea.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:38 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
pUsHa wrote:Ze Germans want to create the United Nations of Europe :coffee:

Yeah they do. And it's a great idea.

Yes it is ... Very Happy

But It would have been even better if this Union was never created and only a free trade agreement was made between countries ... Germans win again Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:56 pm

Nah, go United States of Europe, someone's gotta tell the 'Mericans and the Chinese who's boss.

And it's us.

Ze Europeans.
(Totally not a German Empire)
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:33 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Nah, go United States of Europe, someone's gotta tell the 'Mericans and the Chinese who's boss.

And it's us.

Ze Europeans.
(Totally not a German Empire)

Naw naw .. It's totally a German Empire behind the scenes , lol

But I dont care I'm not in EU yet Very Happy
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:23 pm

Greece's administration has just called for a referendum so they can approve the austerity measures and he bailout fund
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:58 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:Greece's administration has just called for a referendum so they can approve the austerity measures and he bailout fund
Really?
Oh god, I can't see the Greek public approving of it.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:36 pm

Dow jones just said that prez recalled it but that the goverment is collapsing
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next