Brighton vs Liverpool // Wednesday 21th Sep // Carling Cup

+2
iftikhar
Art Morte
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brighton vs Liverpool // Wednesday 21th Sep // Carling Cup Empty Brighton vs Liverpool // Wednesday 21th Sep // Carling Cup

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:29 pm

If I'm honest, I'm looking forward to the Wolves game on the weekend already, to get our league campaign back on the winning track after two horrible games. But before that we play Brighton in the League Cup on Wednesday.

They are in fine form with a 5 - 1 - 1 record in the Championship after seven games. I'm sure they will prove to be a tough nut to crack, but I'd like to think we will come through victorious and thus avoid a losing streak of three games.

I'm expecting Doni, Coates, Maxi and Spearing to start and hoping those lads can put in a strong performance. Also remains to be seen whether Gerrard will feature for the first time since March. A late substitute maybe.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Brighton vs Liverpool // Wednesday 21th Sep // Carling Cup Empty Re: Brighton vs Liverpool // Wednesday 21th Sep // Carling Cup

Post by iftikhar Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:49 pm

--------------Reina--------------
xxxx--Coats---Agger--Enrique
Maxi-Spearing-Lucas-Bellamy
---------Kuyt---Carroll---------

1. No idea who should play at RB. Guess Glen or Kelly will be fit for it.

2. With Skrtel out of next EPL match, may be Agger should be rested.

3. This possibly the 'easiest' of next 4-5 matches and may be Enrique & Lucas rested.

4. Kuyt will play as SS and he, Maxi & Bellamy will interchange places.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Brighton vs Liverpool // Wednesday 21th Sep // Carling Cup Empty Re: Brighton vs Liverpool // Wednesday 21th Sep // Carling Cup

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:30 pm

iftikhar wrote:--------------Reina--------------
xxxx--Coats---Agger--Enrique
Maxi-Spearing-Lucas-Bellamy
---------Kuyt---Carroll---------

1. No idea who should play at RB. Guess Glen or Kelly will be fit for it.

2. With Skrtel out of next EPL match, may be Agger should be rested.

3. This possibly the 'easiest' of next 4-5 matches and may be Enrique & Lucas rested.

4. Kuyt will play as SS and he, Maxi & Bellamy will interchange places.

Errr, surely Agger remains injured, yes?

As for RB, Flanagan is there. If Carragher doesn't play it's probably Wilson.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Massive game. Must win at all costs:

Reina
Flanagan
Carragher
Coates
Enrique
Lucas
Spearing
Maxi
Bellamy
Suarez
Carroll

Bench:
Doni
Robinson
Wilson
Gerrard
Kuyt
Shelvey
Henderson

for the love of god, I hope we win and Carroll gets a goal. the lad is shot of confidence, but put in a great defensive shift yesterday....please be kind to him god, and let him have a goal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:08 pm

No way we're playing a full strength side in this match. It's simply not feasible.

I'd like to see Coates and Shelvey get run outs, as well as Gerrard. Beyond that I'm not too bothered as long as it isn't going to affect our line up for the weekend.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:13 pm

Skrtel and Adam will serve their suspensions during the league cup so they WILL be available for the Wolves game.

I'd like to see......
----------------------Reina--------------------
--Flanagan----Coates----Wilson--Robinson--
-------------Spearing--------Aurelio-----------
-----Maxi-------------Kuyt-------------Bellamy
----------------------Carroll----------------------
Or Wisdom instead of Wilson.....If Aurelio is fit, hopefully he plays.....And let's hope Carroll grabs a goal
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:31 pm

Aurelio in midfield over Shelvey?

Have we forgotten the lad exists?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:52 pm

Shelvey is still too young, doesn't add anything special to the game, does everything a professional footballer should be able to do and nothing more at this point. I just have a man crush on Aurelio, i've always liked him as a player, so sad to see him injured and unable to play all the time....He should be played at least in these kinds of games at least
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:03 am

We will take this competition seriously

People laugh at Arsenal's lack of trophies in the past 7 years...well, we are only 1 year ahead. also, it'll be HORRIBLE for team morale if we lose.

Brighton are leaders of Championship and a team who passes the ball and are very fast. It's a very tricky tie. A win would be fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:10 pm

@ art, I didn't watch the whole of Spurs game and only saw the Skrtel red. I guess we will have to go with C&C at CB.

BHA may be playing great, but they are still in Championship while we are contending for CL. That means 16 levels in between.

Shelvy should partner Spearing in mid-field while Enrique should be rested if Aurelio is fit to play.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:00 pm

I will miss this game 90% Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:42 pm

Just noticed that Brighton play Leeds in the Championship on Friday. Gotta say that's hugely harsh on them, play in the League Cup on Wednesday and next game already on Friday... Anyway, good for us, I'd imagine they will rest some first XI players as well.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Messiakanino wrote:Shelvey is still too young, doesn't add anything special to the game, does everything a professional footballer should be able to do and nothing more at this point. I just have a man crush on Aurelio, i've always liked him as a player, so sad to see him injured and unable to play all the time....He should be played at least in these kinds of games at least
Shelvey has shown himself to be as accomplished as Aurelio in CM in the past season, especially going forward. He's also younger, in need of game time to properly develop, and less injury-prone. Seems a more logical choice in my mind.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Shelvey ahead of Aurelio in MF any day of the week for me, especially in League Cup. We need to give our youngsters some games, too.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:04 pm

Should be a tough game as Brighton are a decent side.

Many players must be rested such as JE, Suarez, Hendo, carra etc.

This game must be used to test youth such as Flano, Robinson, Shelvey, and to warm up Maxi, Bellamy, Coates.

Reina
Flano-Coates-Skrtel-Robinson
Jonjo-Spearing
Kuyt------Maxi----------Bellamy
Carroll

Backline is obvious as everyone there is more then capable.

Jonjo coming in from deep where Spearing plays a free role as a holding mid while Maxi is capable of the CAM and the width and workrate from Bellamy and Kuyt providing Carroll his needs.

The theme of this match is redemption and to gain confidence from what is lost. (I'm looking at Skrtel and Carroll to use this match)
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Skrtel is suspended for this match, unfortunately.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:39 pm

And I find it a wee bit worrying that we have to consider a Carling Cup match to work as a confidence boost for our 1st choice striker.. : /
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:23 am

I have high hopes for Gerrard. Hopefully his presence can create more space for our strikers and help Andy get some form and confidence back.

Gerrard :bow: :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:33 pm

What's the latest on team news!!!

Any clue on the starting XI!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:22 pm

iftikhar wrote:What's the latest on team news!!!

Any clue on the starting XI!!!

Gerrard and Bellamy rumored to start.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:43 pm

2 hours to go .. Cant wait to Gerrard back .. <3
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Official Line up:

Reina
Kelly
Carra
Coates
Robinson
Spearing
Lucas
Bellamy
Maxi
Kuyt
Suarez

don't know about the bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Lol sepi and his sources.

I aint watching if Gerrard is not on the bench. Razz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:32 pm

got the line up spot on :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Stream?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum