Ganso
shamr9pato
cripsy dipsy
Dim123
BiasedMilanFan3
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Serie A | Milan - Napoli | Stadio San Paolo Empty Serie A | Milan - Napoli | Stadio San Paolo

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:19 am

This can be our pre / post match thread.

Firstly, I would like to say that I am not afraid of Napoli like I am of Barcelona. I am afraid that, like every season for the last ten or so years, we have an injury crisis that could sabotage our Scudetto claim.

Boateng is out with a rib injury, Ambrosini is out for four weeks due to a dislocated shoulder, Gattuso still having problems (blurred vision, migranes), Robinho not yet fit, Taiwo 50/50, Pippo out with that mysterious calf complication, Ibra out due to a muscle injury, Mexes just back with the squad, will not partake in games for another 4-5 weeks and Flamini out till 2012 while even Kingsley Boateng is out.

Shocked

Milan are Milan and we will go to the San Paolo looking for a win, but we should also remember that both of our goalscorers and the man who provided the assist for each are all out. We will most likely start with an attacking duo of Pato and Cassano. Despite El Shaarawy's name being thrown around, I think we all know Allegri will pick, as he has so many times before, the safe option. Reported on MilanNews was that Allegri is still yet to decide between Aquilani and Urby for the treq. position. Aquilani must take it. Urby, being the athlete he is, offers a much different aspect than what we would want and it is not an athlete that will be most effective against a five man Napoli defense. We need Alberto there to unlock the defense with his deft touches and vision, like he did against Lazio, to break the Neapolitans down.

You may have read in the sub-title that I suggested a Camp Nou-esque Milan. Why? If Manchester City, perhaps the only club in the world that can match our attacking depth with all our attackers fit and in arguably the best form and shape the club has been in its history, scoring 15 goals in their last four games could come up against a defensive minded Napoli side an look blunt, scoring one lucky goal I struggle to see how a similar Milan, with all our injuries, could do more.

If we attack them, the same thing will happen as it did to City, Napoli will break, and quickly. Lavezzi, Hamsik and Cavani are among the quickest and defintely strongest attacks in Europe and playing a high line, throwing players forward with an attacking minded midfield would be suicide. We saw against Lazio that Nesta, van Bommel, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ambrosini cannot cope with that type of game. It was only when Allegri dropped the line of both defense and midfield that we began to look confident. It is this reason why I suggest we adopt our tactics employed against Barca, but to a less degree. So what do I suggest as our line-up?

Abbiati
Abate - Nesta - Silva - Taiwo
Nocerino - van Bommel - Seedorf
Aquilani
Pato - Cassano

I hope Taiwo will be fit for this game as I do not see Zambrotta's brain or Antonini's athleticism able to cope with Hamsik or Lavezzi at full speed. Taiwo was brought in as our left back issue solution and he will need to come up big if we are to come away with smiles on our faces. Nocerino is a warrior, he should that with his tireless work rate vs Barca (proven by states, covered the most distance) and should be selected to negate the Neapolitan midfield of Inler and, most probably, Gargano. van Bommel should sit, like he always does, in front of the defense but not as deep as against Barca, we surrendered the entire middle of park on Tuesday and doing so again would give Pato and Cassano very little to work with. El Shaarawy should come on as soon as Cassano starts to tire and depending on Aquilani's influence, he should be taken out for Urby as both Urby and Stephan's speed would be very difficult for Napoli to cope with towards the end of the game.

We should not attempt to control the midfield. Inler, Gargano and Dzemaili (if he is played) are, sadly, too much for us to attempt to dictate against. I am for sticking Nocerino next to Inler and at the back doing the same thing we did last season in both partita vs Napoli, Silva tight on Cavani with Nesta sweeping around. It worked perfectly last season and I am sure it will work this season.

I think we can expect something like:

--------------------------- De Sanctis -------------------------------
--------------- Aronica ---- Cannavaro ---- Campagnaro -------------
Maggio --------------------------------------------------- Zuniga
-------------------------Inler - Gargano -----------------------------
--------------- Lavezzi --------------------- Hamsik ----------------
----------------------------- Cavani --------------------------------

which is pretty intimidating. Hats off to Napoli for making such a top squad.

I just know Iras will shun me for being so intimated by Napoli, a team that was in Serie C five seasons ago but with all these injuries, it is tough for me to be optimistic but just like last game, I have hope.

Prediction: Napoli 1-1 Milan.

Back to top Go down

Serie A | Milan - Napoli | Stadio San Paolo Empty Re: Serie A | Milan - Napoli | Stadio San Paolo

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:34 am

Lavezzi is reportedly injured and will not feature

Good post 1899!
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Serie A | Milan - Napoli | Stadio San Paolo Empty Re: Serie A | Milan - Napoli | Stadio San Paolo

Post by Dim123 Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:23 am

Good post mate!

I must admit, I have a small soft spot for Napoli, my step dad was born there. They have a good team and it's good to finally see a team outside of the big 3 get off to a good start in Europe.

It will be a tough match for us given all our injuries but I'm predicting 2-1 win for Milan with Pato and the El Shaarawy on the scoreboard. Allegri must play him. From what I've seen, he has the creativity we are lacking.
Dim123
Dim123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:28 am

I'm gonna predict a 1-1 draw with Milan staying true to their slow starts to the season
But this time it's because we're playing some good teams
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cripsy dipsy Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:23 pm

Milanista-1899 wrote:This can be our pre / post match thread.

Firstly, I would like to say that I am not afraid of Napoli like I am of Barcelona. I am afraid that, like every season for the last ten or so years, we have an injury crisis that could sabotage our Scudetto claim.

Boateng is out with a rib injury, Ambrosini is out for four weeks due to a dislocated shoulder, Gattuso still having problems (blurred vision, migranes), Robinho not yet fit, Taiwo 50/50, Pippo out with that mysterious calf complication, Ibra out due to a muscle injury, Mexes just back with the squad, will not partake in games for another 4-5 weeks and Flamini out till 2012 while even Kingsley Boateng is out.

Shocked

Milan are Milan and we will go to the San Paolo looking for a win, but we should also remember that both of our goalscorers and the man who provided the assist for each are all out. We will most likely start with an attacking duo of Pato and Cassano. Despite El Shaarawy's name being thrown around, I think we all know Allegri will pick, as he has so many times before, the safe option. Reported on MilanNews was that Allegri is still yet to decide between Aquilani and Urby for the treq. position. Aquilani must take it. Urby, being the athlete he is, offers a much different aspect than what we would want and it is not an athlete that will be most effective against a five man Napoli defense. We need Alberto there to unlock the defense with his deft touches and vision, like he did against Lazio, to break the Neapolitans down.

You may have read in the sub-title that I suggested a Camp Nou-esque Milan. Why? If Manchester City, perhaps the only club in the world that can match our attacking depth with all our attackers fit and in arguably the best form and shape the club has been in its history, scoring 15 goals in their last four games could come up against a defensive minded Napoli side an look blunt, scoring one lucky goal I struggle to see how a similar Milan, with all our injuries, could do more.

If we attack them, the same thing will happen as it did to City, Napoli will break, and quickly. Lavezzi, Hamsik and Cavani are among the quickest and defintely strongest attacks in Europe and playing a high line, throwing players forward with an attacking minded midfield would be suicide. We saw against Lazio that Nesta, van Bommel, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ambrosini cannot cope with that type of game. It was only when Allegri dropped the line of both defense and midfield that we began to look confident. It is this reason why I suggest we adopt our tactics employed against Barca, but to a less degree. So what do I suggest as our line-up?

Abbiati
Aquilani
Pato - Cassano

I hope Taiwo will be fit for this game as I do not see Zambrotta's brain or Antonini's athleticism able to cope with Hamsik or Lavezzi at full speed. Taiwo was brought in as our left back issue solution and he will need to come up big if we are to come away with smiles on our faces. Nocerino is a warrior, he should that with his tireless work rate vs Barca (proven by states, covered the most distance) and should be selected to negate the Neapolitan midfield of Inler and, most probably, Gargano. van Bommel should sit, like he always does, in front of the defense but not as deep as against Barca, we surrendered the entire middle of park on Tuesday and doing so again would give Pato and Cassano very little to work with. El Shaarawy should come on as soon as Cassano starts to tire and depending on Aquilani's influence, he should be taken out for Urby as both Urby and Stephan's speed would be very difficult for Napoli to cope with towards the end of the game.

We should not attempt to control the midfield. Inler, Gargano and Dzemaili (if he is played) are, sadly, too much for us to attempt to dictate against. I am for sticking Nocerino next to Inler and at the back doing the same thing we did last season in both partita vs Napoli, Silva tight on Cavani with Nesta sweeping around. It worked perfectly last season and I am sure it will work this season.

I just know Iras will shun me for being so intimated by Napoli, a team that was in Serie C five seasons ago but with all these injuries, it is tough for me to be optimistic but just like last game, I have hope.

Nice like up, totally agree with it Thumbs up
cripsy dipsy
cripsy dipsy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by cripsy dipsy Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:25 pm

Milanista-1899 wrote:This can be our pre / post match thread.

Shocked

Abbiati
Aquilani
Pato - Cassano

Nice like up, totally agree with it Thumbs up
cripsy dipsy
cripsy dipsy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:56 pm

my prediction napoli 1 milan 3,, pato on the double and elsharawy... cassano to be involved in atleast 2 goals.. also betting my money on one of the new signings if pato to score once.. our new signings always does well against napoli.. i remember pato, robinho and ibra all scored against napoli in their first seasons also ibra
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:27 pm

Good to see three youth players (Carmona, Ganz and Valoti) and an 18 year old (El Shaarawy) all in the squad. Bring in Montolivo and perhaps our old guard may be losing its grip on the side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:44 pm

I predcit a 1-2 win,with a pato brace for us
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:06 pm

2-0 Van Bommel, Taiwo
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:03 pm

2-0 for me. Pato, Cassano
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:08 am

Interesting, Taiwo is still touch and go and Zambrotta has not been called up. Antonini on the left could be catastrophic.

Scrap my formation with Seedorf in it, he was knackered after the Barcelona game, he gave it his all and more. Just like last season, if overused he will play poorly. Urby should occupy our LCM role.

Lavezzi did not train with the Napoli squad yesterday and as of this point will not play tomorrow. Goran Pandev will likely be starting in his place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:43 am

I respect Napoli more than all of our title challengers, but I think that head-to-head, our team is naturally built to counter their style of play. We played some of our best games against Napoli last year. Getting an early goal will be key I think. Pato must start.

Zambrotta/Taiwo are far, far, far, far, far, far.... superior to Antonini. Not that anyone here would dispute that. I'd rather play Emanuelson, Ambrosini or even Gattuso in LB instead of him. Seriously.

Pandev? lol, did anyone else see him miss with an open goal from about 4 meters out against Cesena.

Hamsik, Lavezzi, Cavani is a very strong attack. Lavezzi is the key though, if we shut him down it makes it twice as hard for the other 2 to have an impact.

I'm a fan of Gargano as well, I think he's one of Napoli's most underrated players and performs well to recover possession and protect the defence.

I think we'll win, 0-1 if Lavezzi plays, 0-3 if he doesn't (like last time).
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Mazzari is a smart man, he won't make the same mistake twice. Pato is brilliant against teams who play a high line (Napoli @ San Siro, Barca @ Camp Nou). Napoli defended very deep when playing City but when attacking pushed pretty high up, which is what they have been doing for a while. What interested me most from their game against City was how Campagnaro tended to play as a sweeper and not a natural CB. I am certain the same thing will happen tomorrow to negate the possibility of Milan counters through Pato.

Playing with a sweeper and dropping the line should make Pato a lot less effective but we all know speed isn't his only attribute and it is his clinical finishing inside the box that makes us salivate at the thought of an injury free season.

Perhaps with so much attention aimed at Pato, Cassano or Aquilani might be able to slip under the radar and perform well, but I doubt it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagur Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:41 am

Serie A | Milan - Napoli | Stadio San Paolo B284cc4e
Chagur
Chagur
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:35 pm

The game is officially a sell-out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Its funny that Napoli beat us at our own game, Im not laughing though...Props for Walter Mazzari, great coach.

As for Allegri, he tried with what he had. He subbed some slow players for more speed. Cassano really seems on and off, doesnt have the winning mentality imo.
Typical for Pato, his vision is horrible. He can make a dribble but have absolutely no idea that another opponent is closing in on him from the right or left. I hope this is fixable for the future. His passing and touch at times is also not good enough.

Its more obvious now that Robinho is so important for us, would have seen more goals with him tonight.

Good point, as Milanista1899 said, Pato is great when facing high defensive lines, not as in this game at the San Paolo. Robinho-Ibra, or Ibra-Cassano would be better for this one. Still, Walter did a great job and owned us tactically.

Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:20 pm

welll, first the positives,

aquilani pretty awesome as trequartista, scored great goal, had good attempt on goals, ball distribution was good in counterattack.

el sharrawy, did so much with 15 mins of playing time than pato in 93 mins of football. first touch was good, workrate was great, he came all the way to help in midfield and take the ball forward, and looking for free space, or free player, actually pato was right, he might be better player than pato himself lol

abate, not good game but, i have faith in him, he works hard for the team he did that today as well,

nesta and silva as combo still great partnership but again a little disappointed with nesta clearance which lead to cavani hattrick.

cassano, i liked him running a lot today, trying to win the ball offf from opponent, he set up goal as well. but not enough decisive passes.

neagtives;

im very very disappointed with pato today, like arabprince said, tonight was supposed to be pato's game, instead he messed up so bad. pato has great potential to be one of the best footballer in the world, but for few seasons now, he cant play simple football, i mean, simple passing, to keep possession, not loose ball, and help midfield to chase and win ball from opponent, even greatest players like messi iniesta rooney does that. if he cant play simple football, im affraid he cant live upto the potential and expectations he was hyped about.
what i was even more disappointed about pato today was his behaviour, pushed off maggio for no reason, trying to win freekick from dive, which would have got him red had he got yellow on maggio push. he wouldnt just come and help his team mates to chase the ball or win off the ball, atleast i was wishing him of solo work, but that didnt work either

nocerino, unbelievable, goes forward, leaves hefty of space, amount of counterattack milan suffered in midfield, van bommel was just all alone to do all the dirrty work. nocerino was nowhere to be found to marshall the midfield.

seedorf, no comment

abbiati, amazing when he is full of confidence, but tonight he couldnt even save a straight shot coming at him. actually two of cavani's goal.

actually i lavish praise on napoli, 50 million salary on their entire squad , vs our squad who is paid more than 150 million..

de laurentis, i dont like him i hate him actually, but this guy makes his player sweat blood for every penny he pays to his players... hardwork... thats how it should be..

antonini is payed like 1.2 million, thats pretty much equilvant to what i think cavani or lavezzi is paid..

(note: same post, as previously posted in live thread) peace..^O~V

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:22 pm

oh and ttonight mazzarri > Allegri

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:26 pm

I think the injuries and absences, combined with the fatigue of the midweek Barca game and the fact this was an away game, it all just amounted to too much for the players
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Some good points JespSwe. Shocking not to see Bonera in your list of negatives though. He was burned time and time again and gave lavezzi far too much space to cross for Cavani's third. The guy really shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch. What's disgusting is that he even gets payed to play horribly whenever he's called upon.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:35 pm

I heard the commentator talking about how Pato was linked with Chelsea a while back, and it hit me; If Pato is not gonna improve at all during this season, and we could get some good cash for him, its not THAT crazy actually. His relations with Barbara could be a problem here lol.

Besides pace, what has Pato really brought to our game? Shall he only be used against teams with a high defensive line then? Perhaps, but now we cant use Ibra or Binho, so Pato will have to prove himself against all kinds of defenses.

Perhaps I'm exaggerating, specially after that goal he scored against Barca, but at this level and this club, its only fair that everyone gets their share of critique.

Serie A | Milan - Napoli | Stadio San Paolo Flameshield
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:45 pm

I can tell you that Napoli is going to be denagerous against evryone. They destroyed us after barcelona did not destroy us, and they had 1 day less rest after a hard game against mancester City. I am worried.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:46 pm

JespSwe wrote:welll, first the positives,

aquilani pretty awesome as trequartista, scored great goal, had good attempt on goals, ball distribution was good in counterattack.

el sharrawy, did so much with 15 mins of playing time than pato in 93 mins of football. first touch was good, workrate was great, he came all the way to help in midfield and take the ball forward, and looking for free space, or free player, actually pato was right, he might be better player than pato himself lol

abate, not good game but, i have faith in him, he works hard for the team he did that today as well,

nesta and silva as combo still great partnership but again a little disappointed with nesta clearance which lead to cavani hattrick.

cassano, i liked him running a lot today, trying to win the ball offf from opponent, he set up goal as well. but not enough decisive passes.

neagtives;

im very very disappointed with pato today, like arabprince said, tonight was supposed to be pato's game, instead he messed up so bad. pato has great potential to be one of the best footballer in the world, but for few seasons now, he cant play simple football, i mean, simple passing, to keep possession, not loose ball, and help midfield to chase and win ball from opponent, even greatest players like messi iniesta rooney does that. if he cant play simple football, im affraid he cant live upto the potential and expectations he was hyped about.
what i was even more disappointed about pato today was his behaviour, pushed off maggio for no reason, trying to win freekick from dive, which would have got him red had he got yellow on maggio push. he wouldnt just come and help his team mates to chase the ball or win off the ball, atleast i was wishing him of solo work, but that didnt work either

nocerino, unbelievable, goes forward, leaves hefty of space, amount of counterattack milan suffered in midfield, van bommel was just all alone to do all the dirrty work. nocerino was nowhere to be found to marshall the midfield.

seedorf, no comment

abbiati, amazing when he is full of confidence, but tonight he couldnt even save a straight shot coming at him. actually two of cavani's goal.

actually i lavish praise on napoli, 50 million salary on their entire squad , vs our squad who is paid more than 150 million..

de laurentis, i dont like him i hate him actually, but this guy makes his player sweat blood for every penny he pays to his players... hardwork... thats how it should be..

antonini is payed like 1.2 million, thats pretty much equilvant to what i think cavani or lavezzi is paid..

Its crazy, and Ibra is overpaid as hell. If he starts showing up in the CL its ok, but he is 29, and his motivation is not getting better each year.

We dont need to worry that much about Napoli I think, they have a very think squad when it comes to attacking. If just Cavani or Lavezzi is out, they might lose points in the leauge. The CL is also gonna wear them down this season. Whats certain is that its impossible to see where this season is going if we continue to have injury-blows like last year. We gotta get Taiwo and Mexes in form soon, cause Bonera and Antonini aint good for sh1t.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Eivindo wrote:
JespSwe wrote:welll, first the positives,

neagtives;

seedorf, no comment

Its crazy, and Ibra is overpaid as hell. If he starts showing up in the CL its ok, but he is 29, and his motivation is not getting better each year.

We dont need to worry that much about Napoli I think, they have a very think squad when it comes to attacking. If just Cavani or Lavezzi is out, they might lose points in the leauge. The CL is also gonna wear them down this season. Whats certain is that its impossible to see where this season is going if we continue to have injury-blows like last year. We gotta get Taiwo and Mexes in form soon, cause Bonera and Antonini aint good for sh1t.

hehehe maybe galliani should have said ok we pay u 5 million a year in general but bonus of 4 million if u take us to atleast semi final in CL. ya he is overpaid, but guy does sometimes unbelievable things. who knows we might get hefty offer from anzhi.

about that i agree man, napoli isnt the same beast without hamsik cavani and lavezzi, they have flaws, maybe thats why they bought so many players this season just incase one of them is out. like pandev on loan.

and btw i thought taiwo was fit, cause he was in bench, i think he was even available against barca wasnt he.. anyway ya man only way to revive our start, is to get robinho ibra boateng back to our squad.. speaking of which i think aqua boa should swap position dont u think aqua works well as AM and boateng as LM or box to box..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next