spanky
Seth
Babun
Arquitecto
Lord Spencer
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anyone had this problem with their MacBook Pro Empty Anyone had this problem with their MacBook Pro

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:59 am

Suddenly, this noise came from the laptop, like this (eaaaaareeeheeeezzzzeeezzzze. eeeeearetz eeeeartz eeeartazz tztesee) and then it repeats for a minute or two then it stops. First, it happend once in three days, then onece in a day, and now it repeats every fraking hour.

It did it twice while I was writing my thread, I generally have low patience with electronics, so I might destroy this laptop. Evil or Very Mad
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Anyone had this problem with their MacBook Pro Empty Re: Anyone had this problem with their MacBook Pro

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:52 am

I'm currently using a mac and have faced worse problems then this.

IMacs and Apple in general is simply all marketing hype with cheaply made products while HPs and Dells are twice as good.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Anyone had this problem with their MacBook Pro Empty Re: Anyone had this problem with their MacBook Pro

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I'm currently using a mac and have faced worse problems then this.

IMacs and Apple in general is simply all marketing hype with cheaply made products while HPs and Dells are twice as good.

LOL@HP's being as twice as good. Dell's are good, but hp's are absolute crap. I had an hp before the Mac and it took less than 3 months for it to break down.

My current Mac is 3 years old. (P.S, buying a Mac from places other than the U.S. where they sell their top quality products and have the best repair is not as good)

I contacted Apple, and they want me to send them my Mac, but since I need it so bad, I want to see if there are any quick fixes.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:I'm currently using a mac and have faced worse problems then this.

LOL@HP's being as twice as good. Dell's are good, but hp's are absolute crap. I had an hp before the Mac and it took less than 3 months for it to break down.

My current Mac is 3 years old. (P.S, buying a Mac from places other than the U.S. where they sell their top quality products and have the best repair is not as good)

I contacted Apple, and they want me to send them my Mac, but since I need it so bad, I want to see if there are any quick fixes.

HP bad? I had an HP 3 years ago and it was quite good.

I disagree that Apple is is quality as this is my 2nd mac and its failing on me again.

What do you feel are the best btw?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:22 pm

Notebooks? Dell for the ones with money and Asus for cheapos Very Happy Mac Books are too much into style, so much that there isn't enough room for high end stuff and very important, its ventilation Very Happy Most of the notebooks get problems with time if the ventilation is bad or the battery isn't a Lithium-Ion powered one Very Happy
Don't use Notebook on your bed or any surfaces that hinders ventilation (The pores for it are on the bearing surface of notebooks) Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:40 pm

Could it be the sound of the HDD reading the disc?

Although if that keeps on happening and the HDDs are indeed the one with problems. Odds are that you may need to replace your HDD soon =X

You'd probably need to be more specific though before anyone else can help you with it =O

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:05 pm

yeah most people dont know that the initiator for laptop failure is in fact bad ventilation. heat transfer is the most important aspect of laptop maintenance because if you dont transfer the heat away from the motherboard it melts the circuits which means that you will need to go buy a new laptop.

some factors which contribute to bad ventilation:

1) like babun said keep your laptop away from soft fabric surfaces like blankets and pillows, because they block the ventilation shafts so your laptop is getting no fresh/cold air.

2) biggest factor in laptop failure is dust.... it stacks up on air shaft entrances and most importantly on fans, why this is such a big problem is because dust blocks the shaft a bit which decreases the volumetric flux of air going in. and dust on the fan causes the fan to lose cooling efficiency which consequently causes the fan to spin at a faster rate increasing failure probability. Your fan not cooling enough can already cause substantial damage to your motherboard if the bushing gets jammed im willing to say 100% that ur laptop is a goner within a few minutes maybe even less.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:30 pm

tbh reason Macs > all is the os, the hotkeys and the keyboard

ever since I had a mac I've never regretting paying it and I hate all the other laptops, multi touch is the shit btw
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:13 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

HP bad? I had an HP 3 years ago and it was quite good.

I disagree that Apple is is quality as this is my 2nd mac and its failing on me again.

What do you feel are the best btw?

As a technologically inept person. The Mac was the first Laptop that I did not completely make useless in less than a year. I tried hp twice, Dell, Acer, and Sony. Other than the Dell, I despised the rest of them.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:39 pm

I've had my macbook pro for 2 and a half years and the only problem ive ever had with it is that my mousepad broke due to my own fault, I can get it fixed for free whenever I want cause I have AppleCare I just haven't bothered to do it yet

@LordSpencer, what type of surface was your computer sitting on when the noise occurred?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:53 pm

bhends wrote:I've had my macbook pro for 2 and a half years and the only problem ive ever had with it is that my mousepad broke due to my own fault, I can get it fixed for free whenever I want cause I have AppleCare I just haven't bothered to do it yet

@LordSpencer, what type of surface was your computer sitting on when the noise occurred?

First it was on bed sheets, but now it happens at any surface.

The only I can make it stop is by waving it around like a madman.

@Spanky, thanks for the information, do you think it can be fixed or would I need to break the bank.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:07 pm

i think its probably a heating problem i forgot to mention that when dust stacks on ur fan it spins faster which makes it louder(a lot).

you can try vacuuming your ventilation shaft although its recommend to use compressed air in a can.

although the first thing to ask yourself before executing the cleaning would be: are you a practical person?

if yes u should do it yourself if not go to a technician or something and have them do it for you.

example: http://www.instructables.com/id/Extend-your-laptop-s-life!-Clean-the-dust-out-of-i/
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:45 pm

I am a practical person, although I don't have the tools to open up a Mac, or I would have done that a long time ago.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:49 pm

bed sheets are probably the culprit, especially if your mac was charging at the time...it definitely sounds like a heating problem to me....That same thing has happened to me before but usually when it happens I move my mac to a hard surface like a desk and then close it

come back in an hour or two and its fine...at least thats been my experience with it

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:I am a practical person, although I don't have the tools to open up a Mac, or I would have done that a long time ago.

all u need is a screw driver
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Apple is a problem itself lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:25 am

Either the fan or the hard drive.

Also, HP laptops are garbage. Very, very poor design. Known for hardware issues.

poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:07 am

Can you tell from which corner the sound is coming from? If its from the right bottom corner then its the Hard drive. If its from the top then there maybe some dirt & dust build up on the fans.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:10 am

Haha, you bought a Mac Very Happy

I agree it sounds like a hard drive issue. If it were overheating it would just shut down, without making those sort of noises.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:22 am

Sushi Master wrote:Haha, you bought a Mac Very Happy

I agree it sounds like a hard drive issue. If it were overheating it would just shut down, without making those sort of noises.

I think it is a fan issue, I used my super breath to blow into the fan (like we used to blow in cartridges) and the problem kinda disappeared.

Anyway, this mac is the only laptop that survived more than 6 months with me, so I am happy about that, Consider me a satisfied customer.

Anyway I got this idea for a thread.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:40 am

Honestly, if any of you guys are losing computers every 6 months - 1 year, you don't know how to use it.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:51 am

poolsupporter wrote:Honestly, if any of you guys are losing computers every 6 months - 1 year, you don't know how to use it.

I am technologically inept, however, this Mac have been with me for 3 years.

All the others could not handle 6 months with me.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Haha, you bought a Mac Very Happy

I think it is a fan issue, I used my super breath to blow into the fan (like we used to blow in cartridges) and the problem kinda disappeared.

Anyway, this mac is the only laptop that survived more than 6 months with me, so I am happy about that, Consider me a satisfied customer.

Anyway I got this idea for a thread.
Then it might just be loose. If you know how, open it up and see if there are any loose screws or perhaps something got loose and is making contact with the moving fans, thus the weird noises. Gotta open it up, though.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Probably a hard drive issue. Maybe dust's clogging the ventilation system?

Btw, I had a laptop (Toshiba, and it was shared), and I went 3 and a half years with it. In fact it's still working today. I bought a Fujitsu 4 or 5 months ago, still going strong. Maybe Japanese computers are better Razz?
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:46 pm

All computer are made in China, so the problem is elsewhere.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next