A Suggestion to Increase the Number of Registered Users!

+2
FennecFox7
PinePHresh
6 posters

Go down

A Suggestion to Increase the Number of Registered Users! Empty A Suggestion to Increase the Number of Registered Users!

Post by PinePHresh Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:08 am

How about creating a few more club sections? If I were looking to join a football forum, I would want a space to discuss my beloved Milan. I think we are missing out on many potential members, because we do not have a forum for their preferred club.

Ajax
PSV
Spurs
Everton
Manchester City
Schalke
Borussia Dortmund
PSG
Marseille
Lyon
Celtic
Rangers
Lazio
Napoli

These are just some of the clubs that could really increase membership. I don't see much activity in the sections titled 'Eredivisie' or 'A-League.' Potential users want their own section to discuss matters with their fellow supporters!

Perhaps these clubs do not possess a worldwide brand as a Barcelona or a Manchester United, but even if these sections were small, they would add to the international scope of the forum and make for more quality reading!
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

A Suggestion to Increase the Number of Registered Users! Empty Re: A Suggestion to Increase the Number of Registered Users!

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:19 am

I agree with this 100%!
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

A Suggestion to Increase the Number of Registered Users! Empty Re: A Suggestion to Increase the Number of Registered Users!

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:23 am

Would be a waste of space. You do realize how much scrolling you would have to do and how many empty sections there would be?

And how do you know that the guests support these clubs?

Maybe they just don't want to register?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:28 am

I don't think that adding a few sections would cause my right hand to cramp due to excessive scrolling.

There will always be lurkers, but what about the people who come to this site for just one visit, see how few club sections there are, only to leave and never return? This forum is currently dominated by fans of a few select clubs. New perspectives would be welcomed by this user.

There should really be a section for Napoli, PSG, and Ajax imo.
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:12 am

Looking at how little usage the Eredivisie, Serie A, and Bundesliga sections get I see no reason to believe that creating new club sections would help with users. Frankly, if you want new users then the most effective method would be to have more quality posts worth registering and responding to... and that's not the Admin's/Mod's area of influence.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:38 am

I don't think club sections (or lack of them) is a problem, not at this point.

If you want more users, you'd have to advertise GoalLegacy on way or the other, make more people aware of it.

Maybe make a thread about GL on forums of some clubs, ask people to check it out.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:03 pm

Personally, I think this wouldn't be the best of ideas. As it is, I would argue that there may be too many club sections.

Sure, the idea may sound nice for a fan joining, yet why would he want to join if he happens to be staring at an empty club section.

In my opinion, forums are generally better when there are only a few, necessary sections. Too many sections simply clogs up a forum and takes away from a lot of the conversation that could occure. If someone wants to just talk about their club, then they would join a specified forum for that club alone.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down