Red Alert
TheRedStag
Art Morte
Nishankly
iftikhar
19 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer (outbound) Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer (outbound) Thread

Post by Fahim89 Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:23 pm

RedOranje wrote:Degen's agent has said that they have not been in contact with Rangers and that he will not be moving there, unfortunately.

ahh well we could have hoped for more four hours. . Sad

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer (outbound) Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Transfer (outbound) Thread

Post by stevieg8 Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:12 pm

N'Gog at Bolton to finalize deal.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:08 am

N'gog to bolton is official
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:04 am

MEIRELES WRITTEN TRANSFER REQUEST
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:06 am

Woah, it's Torres episode all over again, now with Meireles... I wonder what Chelsea are offering?!?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:25 am

Who knows. Window is about to close. Will they make it?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:42 am

John Brewin: DONE DEALL Chelsea have signed Raul Meireles, and have proclaimed it on their website. "Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Raul Meireles from Liverpool on a four-year contract."
____

Degen has left too.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by D4yw41k3r Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:53 am

RAUL LEFT WE GOT BELLAMY

D4yw41k3r
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:15 am

Raul to Chelsea. That does spoil all the fun. So only dead-wood left is Jones!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:21 am

Can some one updated, im to devastated by RM
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:38 am

Ridiculous. All that midfield depth and quality has gone. I figured with Aquilani gone, we'd keep Meireles, but apparently not. I'd really love to hear an explanation about this one.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:50 am

poolsupporter wrote:Ridiculous. All that midfield depth and quality has gone. I figured with Aquilani gone, we'd keep Meireles, but apparently not. I'd really love to hear an explanation about this one.

He was offered twice the wages, with a longer contract under his country-mate manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:51 am

Well, it was obviously going on behind the scenes then. I'm actually very disappointed with that transfer.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:24 am

poolsupporter wrote:Ridiculous. All that midfield depth and quality has gone. I figured with Aquilani gone, we'd keep Meireles, but apparently not. I'd really love to hear an explanation about this one.

CM - Spearing, Lucas, Adam, Shelvey, Coady, Henderson, Gerrard

R/LM/W - Downing, Gerrard, Henderson, Kuyt, Bellamy, Suarez, Sterling, Maxi

CAM/SS - Gerrard, Suarez, Henderson, Maxi, Adam, Shelvey

I think we'll be alright for depth in midfield right now. We can always dip into the market in January if need by and pick up a midfielder for a side that has dropped out of the CL should injuries not go our way. Raul's move wasn't ideal, sure, but let's not let it take away from what was undoubtedly our best transfer window in over a decade (IMO) and one that we were hugely successful in.

We have the King back, we have more depth across the field than we've had at any time since the start of the Premier League, we have have brilliant forward-thinking owners, we have momentum in the League, and we have a bright future again finally. Don't let one transfer make you lose sight of those things.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:40 am

I agree this has been one of our best transfer windows in ages Red. However this last minute move has taken some of the shine away. I'd rather not go on about and just move on, but it is frustrating.

There are always two perspectives when transfers happen. The club's and the player's. As such, it's hard to tell who is responsible for transfers.

We do have depth in CM but the one thing guys like you and me often reiterated time and time again when the Torres speculation was going on was that we should not sell our best players. Aquilani's move was understandable to an extent. Meireles' on the other hand came out of left field. We knew a bid came in, but I would have never guessed us to accept it.

On the bright side, as mentioned by someone on TIA, perhaps Kenny sees something special in our new recruits that makes someone like Raul a little redundant. So with that, I'm going to try and let this pass and not bother me as much. It is frustrating though.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:59 am

That's the thing though, Meireles didn't even appear to be a starter in Kenny's eyes this season, much less one of our best players (and that's without Gerrard being in consideration). Given the timing, if Kenny had thought Raul was necessary we could easily have kept him.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:59 am

Cody is way too young to be considered as any sort of replacement for Raul or Aqualini.

Even Shelvy or Henderson are yet to reach any where near the level those two were.

That leaves only (an injury-prone) Gerrard & Adam to provide the scoring & creative sparks in the hole.

My best wishes for Raul.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:07 am

Exaggeration, there Ifikhar. Henderson has already shown he has the quality to do a job. We're a side focusing on youth these days and Meireles was very near his "sell by" day.

People are making a mountain out of a molehill, here.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:10 am

Now i would agree with Red here cause i myself do not feel Raul to be much of GREAT LOSS! I feel we have much more adequate back-up to Raul who have proved to be King's preferred then Raul. . . Gerrard & Adam fill the position up all too well. . if not there is Hendo & Shelvey . .now not long ago many of us where thinking giving Shelvey a little more game time! ! Now he can atleast feature in the Cup ties!

Honestly there were toooooo central minded players in our squad & i really see this as a huge benefit for our wage bills & potential youngsters! !

Undoubtedly this has been the greatest transfer window that i as a fan of Liverpool has got to see. . I MEAN COME ONE PEOPLE POULSEN DEGEN NGOG COLE ELZHAR ALL GONE! ! !

So i feel let us not look at the last minute incidence which won't have much significance & rather look into how nicely the squad has turned up now Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:29 am

RedOranje wrote:Exaggeration, there Ifikhar. Henderson has already shown he has the quality to do a job. We're a side focusing on youth these days and Meireles was very near his "sell by" day.

People are making a mountain out of a molehill, here.

Henderson or even Shelvy are talented players and they have shown enough promise thus far. But neither is the matured finished product Raul or Aqualini were. We should agree, IMO.

Yes with R&A leaving, H&S will have more game-time and allow them to mature faster, one hopes.

BTW, did Chelsea 'over-pay' (£12 million) for Raul!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:55 am

[quote="iftikhar"]
RedOranje wrote:Yes with R&A leaving, H&S will have more game-time and allow them to mature faster, one hopes.

BTW, did Chelsea 'over-pay' (£12 million) for Raul!!!

We shouldn't be the one thinking about that! ! the guy put in a transfer request & for 29yro CM we got that we should me more then happy! ! next season we would not have received anyway near! Very Happy

Now see you yourself pointed the greatest benefit of the sale of Raul & AA! ! Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:28 am

Cole agreed to join the French club despite late interest from Aston Villa, having made only nine starts in the Premier League last season. Fenway Sports Group, which inherited the 29-year-old's £100,000-a-week contract, was keen to offload the midfielder but struggled to find a suitor. Through the director of football Damien Comolli, Liverpool had used Lille's interest in Cole as a means to try to steal a march on their rivals for Hazard.

Liverpool inquired about Lille's attacking midfielder earlier in the summer and, along with Arsenal and several European clubs, were informed that the 20-year-old was not for sale. But Lille's stance on Hazard may change at the end of this season, prompting Liverpool to offer generous loan terms on Cole.

That actually does make sense . . maybe there are somethings not visible now but maybe later . . I for one was hoping Hazard wasn't sold this time so that we can make a stronger pursuit next time with a CL spot which seems all the more likely after Arsenal & Tottenham's business which truely has not lit the EPL on fire Razz

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/31/liverpool-joe-cole-craig-bellamy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:48 am

I'm fine with Meireles gone. Agree with Red-O that we've got enough CMs (defensive, attacking or in between). Remember how well Spearing played last season?

Of course Raul would've been a great player to have in our squad, but I'm confident this hasn't been a set-back for us in any way.

Got a decent price for him, too, £12m for an 28-yo (and we paid £11.5m for him I think). Although only time will tell how valuable he turns out to be for Chelsea.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:33 pm

Liverpool agreed to pay 60% of Cole's wages during his season at Lille in an attempt to obtain first refusal on the Belgium international, Eden Hazard, should the French club elect to sell their coveted midfielder. That request was rejected by Lille, although Liverpool retain hope that their £3m costs for Cole over the next 12 months will deliver an advantage in any future talks for Hazard.

- Guardian.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Liverpool agreed to pay 60% of Cole's wages during his season at Lille in an attempt to obtain first refusal on the Belgium international, Eden Hazard, should the French club elect to sell their coveted midfielder. That request was rejected by Lille, although Liverpool retain hope that their £3m costs for Cole over the next 12 months will deliver an advantage in any future talks for Hazard.

- Guardian.

I put this post in Transfer thread & it saddens me to see this interview of Lille President Sad . .but then again who knows what might happen in Silly Seasons Razz

Lille general manager Frederic Paquet has dismissed the claims and insists there is no link between Hazard and Cole.

"There is absolutely nothing in that," Pacquet told The Independent. "There is no link between Joe Cole and Eden. There has been no discussion.

"We know Eden Hazard is interesting some of the best clubs in Europe, but he is here and part of the project."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_7141863,00.html
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Art Morte wrote:

- Guardian.
We'll certainly be in a better position than Arsenal when dealing with Lille!
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next