El Gunner
Ali
djoe26
Twoism
Raptorgunner
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm finally off my "WTF Arsenal" mood Empty I'm finally off my "WTF Arsenal" mood

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:27 pm

And i think the gunners can do really well... but here's the thing: Believe it or not, our defense is far more talented than our offense now lol. I personally think we should try and play for results as opposed to aim for pretty football given the current team's makeup.

Sagna, Vermaelen, Per, Santos, Frimpong and Song is a pretty tough group other than Santos. There's no reason we couldn't play a more compact defensive game. Besides, Gervinho and Walcott are more adept at the counter attack than anything else given their speed.

I wonder if Wenger will try to be more defensive at least. He should.

Back to top Go down

I'm finally off my "WTF Arsenal" mood Empty Re: I'm finally off my "WTF Arsenal" mood

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:30 pm

I really believe we can hold on to 1-0 games now and win more games. Our defense looks really good, all we need is for RVP and others score and the defense will take care of the rest.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

I'm finally off my "WTF Arsenal" mood Empty Re: I'm finally off my "WTF Arsenal" mood

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:33 pm

I think we just need to be more direct in our style given that our midfield is pretty meh. Our strengths are our defense and our forwards... no point dallying in areas where we're not good anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Yeah i said it b4, this group of players are better for counter attack. Defense can endure pressure, fast recovery in the midle, pacey ppls on top. Arteta needs top step up with his long range passing, damn I miss Petit with his awesome pass.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:36 pm

I really hope we can change our formation and use 2 strikers instead. I would love to see Walcott in striker role and we also got Ju.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Our wingers dont have work rate and defensive skill for the 442 though.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Reminisce of the Invincibles
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Walcott and RVP up front will hurt a lot of teams, this team will be a more discipline.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:44 pm

Really need Diaby back and playing OK... when's he due?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:52 pm

sportsczy wrote:Really need Diaby back and playing OK... when's he due?

For the first time I have to admit, I miss Dibay, he is needed real bad. I think he should be back for the next game maybe the CL game.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:54 pm

The last thing we should rely on is Diaby.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Twoism wrote:The last thing we should rely on is Diaby.

I think he has a good two months in him lol... just enough time for Wilshere to get back. More than that is just bonus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Diaby has the talent to be one of the best, injuries have made him lazy.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:02 pm

I will take that 2 months, this coming month is important to see how we shape the midfield the only area i have no clue, assume wilshere got 1 spot when he gets back from ijuries, the last 2 would be Song vs Frimpong, Ramsey vs Arteta. other area are set.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:06 pm

Twoism wrote:I will take that 2 months, this coming month is important to see how we shape the midfield the only area i have no clue, assume wilshere got 1 spot when he gets back from ijuries, the last 2 would be Song vs Frimpong, Ramsey vs Arteta. other area are set.

We wont see wilshere for another 3 months, We need some one to step up take his position, and Dibay is the man.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:09 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

Diaby has the talent to be one of the best, injuries have made him lazy.

That's really a myth. Apart from RVP, he's our 2nd longest serving member, and until now we still talking about his potential hopefully one day fulfilled. Arsenal ( or wenger) is too lenient with him, be it any team out there, he would get his ass kicked out already, although he did better 4 france 4 some reason.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Twoism wrote:I will take that 2 months, this coming month is important to see how we shape the midfield the only area i have no clue, assume wilshere got 1 spot when he gets back from ijuries, the last 2 would be Song vs Frimpong, Ramsey vs Arteta. other area are set.

We wont see wilshere for another 3 months, We need some one to step up take his position, and Dibay is the man.

I'm personally for Song Frimpong Aeteta in away matches and Song Rambo Arteta at Emirate.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:18 pm

Diaby is bad ass, I agree with Raptor!

When he's on form - He's juz totally great, but ya know when is off form - God Dammit, 'killing him' comes to the mind of any Arsenal fan. Smile
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:26 pm

I dont know how he keeps getting injured, he never plays. Very Happy for real our medical team needs to go, they had their chance.

I want a German Smile medical team.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:28 pm

Here is how I look at it. From what I have seen from Ramsey, he is not quite ready to take the burden of being the CM for us- Not yet. Some of you mentioned Diaby, but I dont think he has the discipline to protect the ball. He always goes on his retarded offensive runs. Taking on 2-3 defenders, when he can just pass and move.

We should stick to Song Arteta Frimpong. Sure its conservative but at least our defense will not be ripped open or over worked. Against stronger teams we can play Arshavin (we really need him back to his old self) as the tranqualista behind the 2 strikers, to make those short passe in the final 3rd- while Arteta dictates the overall offence as a deep lying play maker.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:31 pm

A healthy Diaby is the best option in the midfield, he is a force.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:33 pm

When was the last time DIaby performed well for a series of games? that was 2 seasons ago. Why do you rate him so highly?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Yeah agree, although at Emirate against weaker teams, we can be more adventerous with Ramsey or even Rosicky. I really want Rambo get decent playing time
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Diaby when in form is a total beast. People compare him to Viera, FFS. The thing is with constant injuries, how are you supposed to get back 100%? I would not mind him at all being back to that 100%, because he's great. Even if he's just a backup, he'd be a solid one.

I still don't understand how a man with physique such as his is so injury prone.

I agree our defense is stronger than our offense, paradoxically Laughing I'm looking forward to more counter attacks and grinding out results when needed.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:43 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:When was the last time DIaby performed well for a series of games? that was 2 seasons ago. Why do you rate him so highly?

Trust me he is still young, I think he gets rushed back too soon, this year we have the squad, so he wont get rushed back. He is type guy that can make things happen, I just hope he can come back healthy, and will take over the midfield.

He just signed a new contract, I think so he will be with us for while. Smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum