RED
Busby Babe
B-Mac
14 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Stretford End Empty The Stretford End

Post by B-Mac Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:41 pm

Just a place to post random thoughts, articles, personal pictures, funny pictures, quotes, jokes, banter, anything of the sort United related that's not significant enough to post it's own thread but you'd like to share.

Sorta like the lobby/lounge threads other sections have just with a better name  Thumbs up  Very Happy

would appreciate if a Mod/Admin would sticky this for us thanks!
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

The Stretford End Empty Re: The Stretford End

Post by Busby Babe Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:50 pm

If you PM RG (I think he's incharge of our section) he'll be happy to sticky it.

On topic:

This is one of my favourite banners

The Stretford End United_kids_wife

Biblical or what

The Stretford End Article-1163236-0001DF8C00000258-930_306x376_popup
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:35 pm

I found some GIF's if anyone wants them. Apologies if their too flashy.

The Stretford End Tumblr_lqredhYLQD1qc41wuo1_r2_500

The Stretford End Tumblr_lqredhYLQD1qc41wuo2_500

The Stretford End Tumblr_lqrrlangk11qi9sh1o1_500

The Stretford End Tumblr_lqrgbi4CQi1qc41wuo1_r1_500

The Stretford End Tumblr_lpj9xpAD2b1qi9sh1o1_500
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:11 am

sticky!! wooo thanks RealGunner

nice gifs too!
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:15 am

From boy to man Tom Cleverley documentary.

The Stretford End Tom-cleverley-could-start-005

http://wwwstatic.megavideo.com/mv_player3.swf?image=http://img3.megavideo.com/9e6cec67fe0bb484353a7aec71afa54b.jpg&v=XLHDTVTO
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:30 am

Great gifs, R9.

Thanks for that Cleverley link, I've bookmarked it for later.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:40 am

The Stretford End Article-0-0D5B582100000578-620_468x623

A stats comparison of Scholes and Clevs. It obviously doesn't tell the full story, because stats never do. Nevertheless, it's one of many indicators of how well Cleverley did last season.

Cleverley has also been superb this season. So glad the Sneijder deal fell through.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:37 pm

The Stretford End JohnTerrySlips
The Stretford End Brwndls3
The Stretford End Nani_nutmeg_fulham3
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:03 pm

^LoOooL @ Brwnd

Welbeck kissing the Man Utd badge.

The Stretford End Tumblr_lqd01rM38u1qzmfi4o2_400

I was suprised when Chico kissed it, he started to doing it awfully quick, but I guess that's the effect of our club. Cool
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:16 am

Damn you know what, I had a ton of United pics and images that I put on the old forum....all got lost in my old PC. I had some quality ones. Such a shame, would've loved to share it with you guys.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Nani aims to be number one

Nani has enough faith in his ability to allow himself to dream of becoming the world's best player.

Four years since arriving at Old Trafford as an unknown bag of tricks, the Portuguese winger is starting to realise his undoubted potential as an attacking force.

The 24-year-old was voted player of the year by his Reds team-mates last season and has begun this campaign in exciting fashion, scoring three goals in the opening four games.

With confidence brimming, the wideman has set himself a lofty goal, though he recognises he’ll have to work hard to achieve it.

"That’s one dream I’ve got: to be the best in the world," Nani told Inside United, out on Wednesday.

"But I don’t let it frustrate me. I’m not like: 'I have to be the best in the world', because I have other priorities like winning trophies with the team.

"Hopefully, when I have finished playing football, people will say 'Nani was a fantastic player who won a lot of titles and beat records at the club' or something like that.

"I know I have the condition to be among the select best players in the world, but I have to work hard and show that.

"Sometimes that doesn’t happen, but what I can promise is that as long as I am a football player, I will do my best to try to get there."

It’s an echo of comments once made by Cristiano Ronaldo during his time at United, but Nani is tiring of the comparisons to his compatriot and close friend.

"For five years, every time the question is the same," he said. It’s all about Ronaldo. You have to be him. Are you doing the same? Do you think you can do it now?

"Always when I do something good it’s the same. When I do okay, it’s nothing. When I do something very good, they come with this question about him. But it’s okay. It doesn’t change anything in me.

"This is my fifth year here and people know what I can do. Sometimes I play a nice game, sometimes I play not such a fantastic game, but I think everyone knows me and what I can do."

Our best player last year, I think if he also performs in the CL this season and the Euro's he will be regarded more highly.

I also think the comparisons of him and CR7 are silly, the similarities stop at both of them being Portuguese. They both have their own qualities.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/Sep/Nani-aims-to-be-number-one.aspx?pageNo=2
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:07 pm

ronaldo__9 wrote:
Nani aims to be number one

Nani has enough faith in his ability to allow himself to dream of becoming the world's best player.

Four years since arriving at Old Trafford as an unknown bag of tricks, the Portuguese winger is starting to realise his undoubted potential as an attacking force.

The 24-year-old was voted player of the year by his Reds team-mates last season and has begun this campaign in exciting fashion, scoring three goals in the opening four games.

With confidence brimming, the wideman has set himself a lofty goal, though he recognises he’ll have to work hard to achieve it.

"That’s one dream I’ve got: to be the best in the world," Nani told Inside United, out on Wednesday.

"But I don’t let it frustrate me. I’m not like: 'I have to be the best in the world', because I have other priorities like winning trophies with the team.

"Hopefully, when I have finished playing football, people will say 'Nani was a fantastic player who won a lot of titles and beat records at the club' or something like that.

"I know I have the condition to be among the select best players in the world, but I have to work hard and show that.

"Sometimes that doesn’t happen, but what I can promise is that as long as I am a football player, I will do my best to try to get there."

It’s an echo of comments once made by Cristiano Ronaldo during his time at United, but Nani is tiring of the comparisons to his compatriot and close friend.

"For five years, every time the question is the same," he said. It’s all about Ronaldo. You have to be him. Are you doing the same? Do you think you can do it now?

"Always when I do something good it’s the same. When I do okay, it’s nothing. When I do something very good, they come with this question about him. But it’s okay. It doesn’t change anything in me.

"This is my fifth year here and people know what I can do. Sometimes I play a nice game, sometimes I play not such a fantastic game, but I think everyone knows me and what I can do."

Our best player last year, I think if he also performs in the CL this season and the Euro's he will be regarded more highly.

I also think the comparisons of him and CR7 are silly, the similarities stop at both of them being Portuguese. They both have their own qualities.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2011/Sep/Nani-aims-to-be-number-one.aspx?pageNo=2

wonder if we are still selling him to Juventus :coffee:

should we go ask them? lol
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Lol it would be fun to go troll other sections

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:14 am

OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay
Ferguson: "Sneijder isn't the ideal replacement for Scholes. He's a fantastic player but ...only Xavi and Iniesta are comparable to Scholes"

If only Fergie joined this forum Cool
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:24 pm

ALEX FERGUSON has praised Max Allegri and said that unlike others, he doesn’t forget Sacchi’s Milan.

Manchester United Boss Sir Alex Ferguson is probably the most respected Coach in the history of football; he has brought the Red Devils countless success and many titles since arriving there in the year of 1986.

At the same year, Silvio Berlusconi bought AC Milan and turned them into the most successful club in the history of Calcio. Barca are the team to beat today, but Fergie does not forget Arrigo Sacchi’s side.

T. Silva: “I want to win, win and win!”
Official: The strike is off! Serie A resumes

“Today’s Barcelona are definitely one of the strongest teams ever but I also remember Milan that had Baresi, Ancelotti, Donadoni and the Dutch players, it was a fantastic team. Memories fade after a few seconds in football and now everyone is saying Barcelona are the best team ever but they said the same thing at the time about Milan,” Ferguson said in a long interview with the sports daily il Corriere dello Sport.

“The Spanish are the team of the moment, Milan the team from the past. Both teams are to be applauded without asking which is the strongest team. Sacchi changed Italian football. He changed from catenaccio to pressing high up the pitch… There was a change of mentality, which also went for [Fabio] Capello’s team.”

Current Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri is frequently compared to the likes of Sacchi and Capello, and Ferguson, who will turn 70 in December, believes that the former Cagliari boss has a promising future:

“A few days ago there was a meeting organized by UEFA coaches, we noticed that the average age has dropped thanks to coaches like Allegri, for example, one that I like, he is good, give him time to develop.”

The undoubted hero of Milan in the last decades was Paolo Maldini, who hung up his boots in 2009. Fergie has revealed that he was trying to land il Capitano at Old Trafford but that was impossible. “I made a question to Maldini’s father and he looked at me as if I was crazy. He said ‘what??’ That was enough for me to understand it was a no,” Ferguson added in the interview with the Roma-based paper on Tuesday.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Good read that. Thanks for sharing, Arq.

I agree with SAF too on this whole "Barca is the greatest team of all time" crap! They are really good but I feel that is a tad disrespectful to the other teams who were also great teams in their era like Milan, Ajax...

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:49 am

Sir Alex ponders Pogba debut

Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to hand Paul Pogba a first-team debut in the Carling Cup and will consider several other promising reserves for the trip to Leeds.

The boss plans to integrate Pogba into his squad this term after he had a taste of senior action in Paul Scholes' testimonial, coming as a substitute for the retiring legend.

"Pogba's in the first-team training set-up now," he told Inside United when asked how much he planned to use the France Under-19 midfielder. "So that's the first step.

"After that, it'll likely depend on when we decide to make changes. He'll probably be involved in the League Cup and that'll be his chance to establish himself in the squad."

Pogba, speaking to French magazine 10 Foot whilst away on international duty, feels he is getting closer to realising a dream of playing at the top level.

"Every day I’m aiming for the first team," he stressed. "Sir Alex gave me confidence by picking me for the pre-season game against Marseille in August. So I know I’m on the right track.

"Everyone at the club is great – they look after young players well. We have a laugh and there’s a special atmosphere."

When asked by Inside United about any other youngsters who could be blooded at Elland Road, the boss name-checked five reserve-teamers although the high-profile nature of the draw may end up calling for a more senior starting XI.

"There are a few players who have done well," Sir Alex replied, speaking before the Reds came out of the hat to travel to Yorkshire.

"Will and Michael Keane, Ezekiel Fryers, Larnell Cole, Jesse Lingard - these boys are all good, young players who are making the right progress."

Imagine Pogba scores a screamer vs Leeds = Instant Legend lol

common Fergie give Morrison a go too!
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:19 pm

Do you guys like the gif on my sig? Wink

It's not mine BTW, I got it from another site.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:59 am

Great to see this section getting more busy by the day. Keep it up guys
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:16 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Do you guys like the gif on my sig? Wink

Awesome sig is awesome. Cool
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:24 am

ronaldo__9 wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:Do you guys like the gif on my sig? Wink

Awesome sig is awesome. Cool

Thanks, bud. Cool

@ RG...section is def picking up. Good to see.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:47 am

Phil Jones or Lionel Messi?
The Stretford End Jones6re7
B-Mac
B-Mac