harhar11
ChollaVille
jn2002dk
Jack Daniels
The BoyWonder
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How the Stepover was made meaningless Empty How the Stepover was made meaningless

Post by The BoyWonder Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:26 am

You see Cr7, robinho, every brazilian wannabe do it, but none of these players are succesful at it. either they don't have skills, or speed enough, or either they are just too clumsy. Please stop it. You have disgraces the trick. Everytime i see Cristiano Ronaldo, Alexis Sanches, Robinho and who else do this, i wanna make facepalm gesture. it's laughable. cristian does it every 3rd time he get's the ball, and the only 1 he can fool is himself, coz he can't do it.

leave it to R9 and R10. no one else can do it, so please stop disgracing yourself

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

How the Stepover was made meaningless Empty Re: How the Stepover was made meaningless

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:29 am

The thing is step overs are usually effective while moving towards your opponents not in a stand off like Cristiano does.

And imo Robinho's step overs are class.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How the Stepover was made meaningless Empty Re: How the Stepover was made meaningless

Post by The BoyWonder Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:32 am

but most of the time it's pretty useless. it's nice to look at of course, but they can't fool anyone with it. that's the problem

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jn2002dk Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:37 am

The REAL Ronaldo was the master of it and could do it effectively

I cringe when i see CR doing it

Notice how he did the move using his entire body to fool the defender and gain momentum to run past him, not just his legs as you see so many do today
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:36 pm

jn2002dk wrote:The REAL Ronaldo was the master of it and could do it effectively

I cringe when i see CR doing it

Notice how he did the move using his entire body to fool the defender and gain momentum to run past him, not just his legs as you see so many do today

This!!!

ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:52 pm

The BoyWonder wrote:

This one actually worked! Look at how the defender gets fooled Laughing

Although alexis sanchez can sometimes over do the step overs,for ex against brazil in the WC qual he made a gazillion of step over and got no where Laughing , but at the same time alot of the times he gets past player with them.

For example 0:33

He creates enough of space to make a(lousy) shot..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:37 pm

The thing is step overs aren't used just to go past players it helps wingers keep possession and create space for crosses.

In that example of Ronaldo making the RB dance it was the 93rd minute and Ferige gave instructions to waste time instead of Ronaldo shielding it with his back he was wasting time by making the RB dance who ever it was Eboue/Sanga and another example countless times before yesterday Ronaldo used step overs to create space and whip in great crosses even though he was being doubled up on.

Defenders no not to dive in when players like Robinho do step overs it creates time and space for other players to make runs as well.

Not making any excuses for those players anyway since no one can do it like R9.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:54 pm

All hail Mancini.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:10 pm

Van Basten >> R9
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Lol you guys know nothing about stepovers, it doesnt matter if you feint your body to the side while you do them, the defender looks at the ball and your legs, and that would make you much slower doing them as well
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jn2002dk Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:25 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:Lol you guys know nothing about stepovers, it doesnt matter if you feint your body to the side while you do them, the defender looks at the ball and your legs, and that would make you much slower doing them as well
Irony, look it up

The point of doing any feint is to fool the defender and if you're going to fool them into thinking you're going to move in one direction you need to feint the entire movement not just frantically moving your legs like they were on an action figure
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:39 pm

jn2002dk wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:Lol you guys know nothing about stepovers, it doesnt matter if you feint your body to the side while you do them, the defender looks at the ball and your legs, and that would make you much slower doing them as well
Irony, look it up

The point of doing any feint is to fool the defender and if you're going to fool them into thinking you're going to move in one direction you need to feint the entire movement not just frantically moving your legs like they were on an action figure
Whatever floats your boat Very Happy
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jn2002dk Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
jn2002dk wrote:
Irony, look it up

Sorry man, that came out a bit harsh Smile

I just really cringe when CR does the step over his way but as you said whatever floats my (and anyone else) boat
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:05 pm

jn2002dk wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
jn2002dk wrote:
Irony, look it up

Sorry man, that came out a bit harsh Smile

I just really cringe when CR does the step over his way but as you said whatever floats my (and anyone else) boat

Well his stepovers are not bad.. but he over uses them. But against zaragoza he actually put them in good use, didn't do tons either.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:10 pm

never knew Emile Heskey could heave a good first touch at least moreover to perform a step over...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Step overs create space for the attacker very well. Not a fan of the players that showboat with it, but even when you dont beat the guy, it creates space for a pass cause the defender has to back off or be burned badly.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:10 pm

i usuallly do 1 stepover and run the otherway trying to overun the defender and i sometimes do a fake touch,stepovers are the most effective when in speed and i like to keep my feet as close to the ball as possible
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:15 pm

stepovers are amazing workout to boost your acceleration but skillfull trick it is not...
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:15 pm

Fail troll thread Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:17 pm

imo cristianos stepovers have become useless since his united days

now, many of the stepovers he did at united we simply class
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:18 pm

imo Robinho is the king of step-overs. how I still remember his 8 step-overs against Atletico-MG iirc.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:51 am

those 8 step overs were a milestone in his career which truly attracted attention from the big european teams
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:19 am

Robinho does the same as r9,he does stepovers while going forward and then dribbles or gives a killer pass,he does it all the time for us.I'll post videos later I'm on the iphone.the guy is a stepover master.cr's stepovers and tricks are useless though,he normally does it and pass it back
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:26 am

lol i tottaly agree with the OP, step overs are not for everyone, so C Ronaldo, please stick to being athletic leg shaving machine and leave magic to the magicians
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:28 am

Stepovers mostly annoy me, but there are guys who know how to use them every now and then.

Stepover wank like Robinho in his days piss the shit out of me, and that's when I understand why sometimes they are received with bad tackles.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next