What would Di Natale have been if he started young ?

+14
Lord Hades
Sushi Master
zarola
spanky
che
kiranr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
justdoit_
DeviAngel
Vibe
Senor Penguin
Giggslegend
Rabea
JuvenelCuore
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What would Di Natale have been if he started young ? Empty What would Di Natale have been if he started young ?

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Toto Di Natale is no doubt one of the best players in the modern game; he plays for a lower-level team than the European Giants typically housing the starts of football, but he carries Udinese while scoring 60% of their goals I believe, or something like that.

The problem is that he started in 2008, when I mean started, I mean he really became a start player. He was about 30 at that time, and is now 33, turning 34 in October.

Fact: During the 2010–11 season, Di Natale had the best strike rate of any player in Italy, scoring 28 goals in 36 games with a strike rate of 0.78 goals per game. This was also the third best strike rate in Europe, behind Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.

The problem is that CR7 and Messi are infinitely younger than he is, though Di Natale had a greater accomplishment having that strike rate with a team like Udinese as opposed to Real Madrid and Barcelona who score a ton more goals, but this is not a debate.

Toto also was the Capocannoniere last season and the season before that, a successive run of two titles. Not to mention now he just scored a chipper header beautifully v. Arsenal to level the scores on aggregate.

But my question is what would Toto Di Natale have been had he started off playing as well as he is now when he was 23-24, continuing at his present rate ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

What would Di Natale have been if he started young ? Empty Re: What would Di Natale have been if he started young ?

Post by Rabea Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:41 pm

I'd say, Abate who?

Rabea
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

What would Di Natale have been if he started young ? Empty Re: What would Di Natale have been if he started young ?

Post by Giggslegend Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:46 pm

He would been bossing, but despite his high age he still got good pace, wich is one of the only aspects a striker lose when getting older.
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Giggslegend wrote:He would been bossing, but despite his high age he still got good pace, wich is one of the only aspects a striker lose when getting older.

I agree, he is very agile and quick for his age, and that is why he is able to be as good as he is. If he was slow, I reckon he would still be a worldclass talent, but not as much as he is now.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Had he started young we would've seen Di Natale vs Messi threads instead of Ronaldo vs Messi.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:48 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:Had he started young we would've seen Di Natale vs Messi threads instead of Ronaldo vs Messi.

I agree. Di Natale is still an amazing player at his age. I doubt Ronaldo will be able to do that when he is 33.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:50 pm

You're 17,wiki is not a good source...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:58 pm

VibeTribe wrote:You're 17,wiki is not a good source...

Wiki ? I used Wiki to see when his birthday was, guilty. However, both the stats I got from Sky Sports, but sure, if it makes you feel any better.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:03 pm

he just missed penalty oh whyy ?? Sad
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:03 pm

Choke artist at the spot.

What a shame.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:07 pm

He does falter under pressure, but I mean, they can find someone else if he was a younger lad. Smile
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:09 pm

Miss more penalties?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:15 pm

Di Natale was so worked up during the match. Screaming at the ref, his teammates and whining in general, it is no surprise that he missed two golden opportunities.

One was the tap-in that hit the post and the other was the penalty. For all his talent and skill, he would have been an eternal underachiever and is still is, i suppose.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:18 pm

I doubt he would have been an underachiever, he was top scorer two years running on Udinese and carried them to a CL spot, albeit they lost.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:20 pm

well this thread sure is backfiring Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:20 pm

che wrote:well this thread sure is backfiring Laughing
Nah. There's always the "he was injured" excuse.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:22 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:I doubt he would have been an underachiever, he was top scorer two years running on Udinese and carried them to a CL spot, albeit they lost.

Problem is he fails under pressure and does'nt really have a champions mentality i agree he's an extremely talented player and perhaps underrated....

But i think there's a reason why he's never succeeded for the national team and in europe...

As i have said before there is far more to making it to the big than just pure talent... application, mentality and many other factors make a world class player.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:22 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:

Wiki ? I used Wiki to see when his birthday was, guilty. However, both the stats I got from Sky Sports, but sure, if it makes you feel any better.

You just looked at his goalscoring record to determine when he "started"...Di Natale used to be a winger.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:30 pm

VibeTribe wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

You just looked at his goalscoring record to determine when he "started"...Di Natale used to be a winger.

What ? I said 2008 was when he started becoming a star player. That is because he really became noticeable and played in the Euro, etc. Making no sense there Vibe. I never said he was always a striker. scratch

@Mole: I agree, but he is older. I wonder if he had started playing for a big club or started playing at a top level from a very young age if he would have been moulded differently. I mean, Champion's League or playing in European competitions are foreign to him, and even teams that he played with. Perhaps if he had been on a good team he would have quickly gotten experienced he needed.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:43 pm

actually he doesnt usually miss penalties...
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:49 pm

spanky489 wrote:actually he doesnt usually miss penalties...
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:51 pm

He'd be a bit more well known. Surprised he wasn't poached by Juve or something, but I guess he's one of the few loyal ones.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Sushi Master wrote:He'd be a bit more well known. Surprised he wasn't poached by Juve or something, but I guess he's one of the few loyal ones.

Juventus actually went after him last summer and this summer, but he said he wanted to retire with Udinese, which I can respect having had the Glorious Five who played in Serie B.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:58 pm

zarola wrote:
spanky489 wrote:actually he doesnt usually miss penalties...
Give the lad a break. Not everyone can score against the mighty Iker Casillas.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:21 pm

Hes very talented.. but a big game choker
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum