Albiceleste
BarcaKizz
42 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Barca Section Lounge - Page 6 Empty Re: Barca Section Lounge

Post by free_cat Mon May 14, 2012 3:52 am

Barcastatistics:
#Cristiano had 9 shots against Mallorca today (1 goal), Ozil 2 shots (2 goals) #troll #OZIL

Hahahhaha.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon May 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Barcastatistics wrote:Most Balls won back (Liga 2011/12): Mascherano 342, Sergio 249, Alves 249, Abidal 226, Puyol 180 , Pique 175

Machete. :bow:
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu May 31, 2012 7:49 am

In my research for an essay on Iberian political culture I've been even more drawn in by Catalonia.

Definitely the GOAT place in Sthn Europe. Basques also have an interesting history and culture, but Catalans impress me most in their political and economic development.

Catalonia :bow:
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Thu May 31, 2012 11:07 am

Just out of curiosity with the EC 2012 coming up, what teams are you guys supporting? For me it's Oranje all the way and Spain is my second team due to the Barcelona influences.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu May 31, 2012 11:33 am

Like I said in Euro thread, as always... teams with Barca players.

So Spain, then Afellay :bow:. Maybe a bit of love for the Irish, Aussies have a bit of a cultural connection with them.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu May 31, 2012 11:38 am

Let's say an unnamed team signed all your favourite Barça players. They started with Iniesta and Piqué, then they signed Messi, Thiago, Villa... even the new guys from la Masia Cuenca and Tello...

Would you start supporting them?

Say that this team instead of signing your players, just takes them on loan without Barça's permission, tires them during summer, exposes them to injury and they barely pay for it and pay no compensation in case of injury.

Add that this team represents the same values as Barça's arch-enemy Real Madrid: Spanish nationalism and centralism.

Would you support them? really? No way I'm supporting Spain, for me Barça players are just on a loan to the second most disgusting team in the world.

Remember, players come and go, the Club and its fans continue. Barça exists to represent certain values in football world.

I dunnow who I'll support, probably no one unless some squad plays really entertaining.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu May 31, 2012 11:49 am

free_cat wrote:Let's say an unnamed team signed all your favourite Barça players. They started with Iniesta and Piqué, then they signed Messi, Thiago, Villa... even the new guys from la Masia Cuenca and Tello...

Say that this team instead of signing your players, just takes them on loan without Barça's permission, tires them during summer, exposes them to injury and they barely pay for it and pay no compensation in case of injury.

Add that this team represents the same values as Barça's arch-enemy Real Madrid: Spanish nationalism and centralism.

Would you support them? really? No way I'm supporting Spain, for me Barça players are just on a loan to the second most disgusting team in the world.

To the first point, if you mean like if a club signed them all. The answer isn't yes, but I have followed clubs a bit once Barca players have left (eg. interest in Man City because of Toure, in Roma because of Bojan). I wouldn't support them though, because Barca still exists. Barca don't exist on the national scene, so I have nobody in Europe to support. Like I said, I don't support the nation much, more a desire that my favourite players perform and succeed.

As for the values they represent, that has nothing to do with it, as I've already explained I just want to see my favourite players do well. If an Australian played for Madrid I would want him to do well, while also hoping Madrid fail. I don't know as much about the Spanish team's history (a bit during the Franco years), but if you're going to judge them on that only, you could discredit most Euro teams. Germany anyone?

I just want to see Barca players do well and I'll have no problems cheering their team if they succeed.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu May 31, 2012 11:57 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Barca don't exist on the national scene...

hmm hmm hmm
Good idea, barça shoul definitely become a National Team. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Thu May 31, 2012 12:29 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:
free_cat wrote:Let's say an unnamed team signed all your favourite Barça players. They started with Iniesta and Piqué, then they signed Messi, Thiago, Villa... even the new guys from la Masia Cuenca and Tello...

To the first point, if you mean like if a club signed them all. The answer isn't yes, but I have followed clubs a bit once Barca players have left (eg. interest in Man City because of Toure, in Roma because of Bojan). I wouldn't support them though, because Barca still exists. Barca don't exist on the national scene, so I have nobody in Europe to support. Like I said, I don't support the nation much, more a desire that my favourite players perform and succeed.

As for the values they represent, that has nothing to do with it, as I've already explained I just want to see my favourite players do well. If an Australian played for Madrid I would want him to do well, while also hoping Madrid fail. I don't know as much about the Spanish team's history (a bit during the Franco years), but if you're going to judge them on that only, you could discredit most Euro teams. Germany anyone?

I just want to see Barca players do well and I'll have no problems cheering their team if they succeed.

Germany is typically disliked by still a relatively large group of the Dutch. It's not exactly the feeling that Catalan people like free have about Spain, but I can somewhat relate. More so than other European countries due to the history and us being direct neighbours. I have that same feeling about them when it comes to sports, I really enjoy it when they lose. And from a communitarian view it's rather justified. With Spain though, it's completely different for me. I know about the history but because neither my ancestors or myself have lived it, it is harder to directly relate. I don't make the connection Spain = evil. So yeah, I just want the Barça players to perform well. If the bulk of the Barça team would consist out of, for instance, French players, I would root for France. If the majority of Barça players would be German nationals I would really hate it and I'd still hope they would lose though. Wink
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu May 31, 2012 1:23 pm

Yeah. Although I am relatively informed about how Spain was used as a propaganda instrument by Franco, I don't make the connection of Spain = Evil, like I do with Madrid either.

I dunno why exactly. I don't have a personal reason to hate Spain, and I've always liked Spanish culture as well as Catalan culture... this has something to do with it.

Maybe England is the type of team I can almost sort of relate to hmm. I don't want to see England win no matter what. Same with any sports tournament. Why? Because Australia has a strong rivalry with them, and I would like official independence from Britain.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:06 am

I thought I'd let you know about a podcast I've been working on for the site Goldenfoot.com. This is our debut episode and it includes both myself and Crimson from these forums. We're discussing the Euros, so please have a listen .

Any feedback would be great, but go easy... first ep

Thanks guys

http://goldenfoot.com/golden-foot-2012-voting-has-begun-euro-2012-preview-transfer-talk-podcast
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:09 am

BarcaKizz wrote:I thought I'd let you know about a podcast I've been working on for the site Goldenfoot.com. This is our debut episode and it includes both myself and Crimson from these forums. We're discussing the Euros, so please have a listen .

Thanks guys

http://goldenfoot.com/golden-foot-2012-voting-has-begun-euro-2012-preview-transfer-talk-podcast

Listened to it while posting accounting books. I think you should have gone much harder on Crimson on the golden foot candidate. Xavi deserves it much more than Raul and a good argument is that Spain only became a good NT after Raul went.

Same goes with the Busquets - Alonso debate. Alonso hinders Spanish NT team play obviously. In the last WC, whenever Alonso left, Spain played better and scored. However, I'm very happy Alonso keeps playing cause this means spain is less bound to win the tournament.

Alonso complements Busquets perfectly: Alonso loses the ball, Busquets gets it back! Very Happy

PS. Also, too much "you knows" and "but uhm", but that's endemic of english speakers anyway.

Question: what is Goldenfoot.com? Is it a magazine, only a website, it's Austarlian based...? I heard about the award before. How did you get to be in the "show"?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:57 pm

free_cat wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:I thought I'd let you know about a podcast I've been working on for the site Goldenfoot.com. This is our debut episode and it includes both myself and Crimson from these forums. We're discussing the Euros, so please have a listen .

Thanks guys

Listened to it while posting accounting books. I think you should have gone much harder on Crimson on the golden foot candidate. Xavi deserves it much more than Raul and a good argument is that Spain only became a good NT after Raul went.

Same goes with the Busquets - Alonso debate. Alonso hinders Spanish NT team play obviously. In the last WC, whenever Alonso left, Spain played better and scored. However, I'm very happy Alonso keeps playing cause this means spain is less bound to win the tournament.

Alonso complements Busquets perfectly: Alonso loses the ball, Busquets gets it back! Very Happy

PS. Also, too much "you knows" and "but uhm", but that's endemic of english speakers anyway.

Question: what is Goldenfoot.com? Is it a magazine, only a website, it's Austarlian based...? I heard about the award before. How did you get to be in the "show"?

You are very right on everything.

1. Yeah. In the future, there will be a bit more banter between us... especially in the Clasicos Very Happy For this time, the host skipped over the Xavi discussion, I had some more points. It was also our 3rd recording, 2nd one was better but recording stuffed up.

2. Again, in the 2nd recording we went into Alonso a bit more. I agree... he's of little use.

3. Yep... that is the first thing I picked up about my speaking... Waaaay too many 'you knows' and 'ummms' it was a bit embarrassing haha. I'll try to work on this.

4. Goldenfoot.com is a magazine and a website I believe. I've never seen the mag in Australia though. No its definitely not Australian. Its just chance we're both there. We got on there because somebody we both know (he was on this forum once, the host) just got a job with the site. In the future we are hoping to be more connected officially ourselves.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Kizz your voice is much deeper than I imagined! Not that I had thought it would be high or anything, but you have quite the deep voice. Similar to Jermaine's from Flight of the Concords. OH, AND +1 FOR MENTIONING MODRIC.

The you know's and ummm's aren't too bad...it could be worked on, but that will come naturally.

And who was the host btw? If he was on the forum once, can you reveal what his forum ID was? Simply curious. If not that's fine.

Overall, good job Kizz! I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to more Very Happy keep us updated.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Woah Kizz your voice is so much deeper than I expected Razz

Since you asked for feedback I liked the podcast, I thought you did a good job, but I would try to cut back on the "I guesses" and "umms". Although you've already recognized this as problem. It's sometimes better to say nothing for 1 second than one of those, since it will make you seem more confident.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:31 pm

The host was halconnoche, I'm not sure if he was before your time or not. He came on the Barca section quite often, despite being a RM fan.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Second ep with me

http://goldenfoot.com/la-revue-the-weekly-outlook-on-world-football-podcast/
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:40 pm

Next podcast is up! Talking euros this week again. Check it out guys!

http://goldenfoot.com/la-revue-5-the-weekly-outlook-on-world-football-podcast/
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Free let me you a question: if the national team Xavi & Co played for were Catalonia instead of Spain, would you have a problem with them playing international football at all? Because I suspect all that talk about injuries would go out the window then...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:48 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Free let me you a question: if the national team Xavi & Co played for were Catalonia instead of Spain, would you have a problem with them playing international football at all? Because I suspect all that talk about injuries would go out the window then...

Lol of course he wouldn't
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:37 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Free let me you a question: if the national team Xavi & Co played for were Catalonia instead of Spain, would you have a problem with them playing international football at all? Because I suspect all that talk about injuries would go out the window then...

I don't know. I've never been a fan of international football, but maybe I would become a catalan hooligan and disregard all the negatives it has on Barça, but I don't think so.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:22 am

Hey guys. My podcast now has an official page and facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/LaRevueOfficial

Please LIKE the FB page as we are trying to establish a fanbase. Help a bro out Very Happy lol.

Cheers. And share with anyone you think might enjoy it.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:59 pm

Has anyone tried reading Graham Hunter's 'Barca- The Making Of The Greatest Team In The World' ?

I have read quite a lot of it with only four chapters left. There are two chapters each on Messi and Pep, one each on Cruyff, Xavi, Iniesta and Laporta. Then there is one chapter on Puyol and Pique together, one on La Masia, one on the rivalry with Real Madrid and one on the UCL final of 2011. For other first eleven players of 2011 who do not have chapters devoted to them, there are at least two pages dedicated to each and every one of them.

I think the chapter on Cruyff was absolutely brilliant. The chapter on Xavi was almost as good. Both chapters on Pep were great but especially the second one. I haven't yet reached the chapter on Iniesta and you can well imagine how eagerly I am awaiting that.

Overall I think it's a book we Barcelona fans should not miss.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:18 pm

messixaviesta wrote:Has anyone tried reading Graham Hunter's 'Barca- The Making Of The Greatest Team In The World' ?

I have read quite a lot of it with only four chapters left. There are two chapters each on Messi and Pep, one each on Cruyff, Xavi, Iniesta and Laporta. Then there is one chapter on Puyol and Pique together, one on La Masia, one on the rivalry with Real Madrid and one on the UCL final of 2011. For other first eleven players of 2011 who do not have chapters devoted to them, there are at least two pages dedicated to each and every one of them.

I think the chapter on Cruyff was absolutely brilliant. The chapter on Xavi was almost as good. Both chapters on Pep were great but especially the second one. I haven't yet reached the chapter on Iniesta and you can well imagine how eagerly I am awaiting that.

Overall I think it's a book we Barcelona fans should not miss.

Sittin on the shelf now mate. I'll probably get round to it by the summer. Good to hear its a good read. I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on it.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks kizz. I'll perhaps post some more after having read some more.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Barca Section Lounge - Page 6 7778002594_76ecb8163a

Barca Section Lounge - Page 6 7778002376_ed2625fc0e

Just recently came in and I'll be wearing it all season long. An absolute gem in my eyes ($25).
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next