Red Alert
Brigate Rossonere
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Leiva vs Essien

Lucas Leiva vs Essien(atm) Vote_lcap60%Lucas Leiva vs Essien(atm) Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 12 ]
Lucas Leiva vs Essien(atm) Vote_lcap40%Lucas Leiva vs Essien(atm) Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 20

Lucas Leiva vs Essien(atm) Empty Lucas Leiva vs Essien(atm)

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Topic
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Lucas Leiva vs Essien(atm) Empty Re: Lucas Leiva vs Essien(atm)

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:33 pm

ATM???????

90% of DM's are better than Essien atm, he's been awful for going on 2 years now.

Lucas is better for my money but i dont rate Essien that highly anymore, even when he has a run in the side he does'nt impress me anymore.

He's a poor man's Tiote Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:42 pm

All Lucas does is pass the ball sideways and occasionally win a tackle. No technical ability, not an attacking threat and not much of an asset in any aspect in the midfield.

Would take an out of form Essien over him anyday.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:46 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:All Lucas does is pass the ball sideways and occasionally win a tackle. No technical ability, not an attacking threat and not much of an asset in any aspect in the midfield.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Brigate Rossenere wrote:not much of an asset in any aspect in the midfield.
Suspect

Seems like you play too much FIFA Laughing

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:50 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:All Lucas does is pass the ball sideways and occasionally win a tackle. No technical ability, not an attacking threat and not much of an asset in any aspect in the midfield.

What you said makes Busquets crap aswell and Mikel for that matter and many more DM's that are tactically smart and dont need to make millions of last ditch tackles because they are never out of position....

Those type of players are one of the most underrated on this forum.

Frankly what you said makes Makelele crap aswell also did'nt you say earlier you dont watch EPL much?

Laughing

Last edited by Immaculate_Mole on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:00 pm

atm Essien is injured so he cant so leiva wins.

That being said Leiva is no where close to a fit Essien
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:What you said makes Busquets crap aswell and Mikel for that matter and many more DM's that are tactically smart and dont need to make millions of last ditch tackles because they are never out of position....

Frankly what you said makes Makelele crap aswell also did'nt you say earlier you dont watch EPL much?

Laughing

You are implying that he is tactically aware. Ok so he gets his positioning right. Isn't that only half the job done, though? I struggle to see how people can rate Lucas, but not Gattuso or Ambrosini, the latter who does everything twice as good as Lucas and actually has a passing range.

I did say I don't watch EPL much, but I watch at least 2-3 games each month if not more....
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:17 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:What you said makes Busquets crap aswell and Mikel for that matter and many more DM's that are tactically smart and dont need to make millions of last ditch tackles because they are never out of position....

Laughing

You are implying that he is tactically aware. Ok so he gets his positioning right. Isn't that only half the job done, though? I struggle to see how people can rate Lucas, but not Gattuso or Ambrosini, the latter who does everything twice as good as Lucas and actually has a passing range.

I did say I don't watch EPL much, but I watch at least 2-3 games each month if not more....

Lucas has much better passing range than Gattuso and Ambrosini he just does'nt show it often because it is'nt his role and they are not twice as good as Lucas at everything he does especially not anymore....

I dont like to say this but i sense bias and as i said before Lucas type is one of the underrated sort of footballers around they do thier jobs with out any fuss and efficiency and extremely important for thier teams midfield.

But tend to get no credit unfortunatly, while people like Mascherano and Essien get tonnes of credit because they run round like maniacs and make last ditch tackles but if you are never out of position you dont need to make tackles that is what made Makelele so great.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Lucas has much better passing range than Gattuso and Ambrosini he just does'nt show it often because it is'nt his role and they are not twice as good as Lucas at everything he does especially not anymore....

I dont like to say this but i sense bias and as i said before Lucas type is one of the underrated sort of footballers around they do thier jobs with out any fuss and efficiency and extremely important for thier teams midfield.

But tend to get no credit unfortunatly, while people like Mascherano and Essien get tonnes of credit because they run round like maniacs and make last ditch tackles but if you are never out of position you dont need to make tackles that is what made Makelele so great.

I don't like to say this but I sense some bias. Lucas has a better passing range then Ambrosini? Ok I don't watch much EPL, but you must not watch any Serie A. Just like Lucas does his job with minimum fuss and efficiency, Ambrosini is exactly the same and can actually set up plays and take the ball forward unlike Lucas. On top of that Ambrosini is an asset in the air and is never, ever caught out of position.

I was not having a laugh when I said that whatever LL can do, Ambrosini can do it better.

But this argument was not about them, it was about Lucas and Essien and even with Essiens age, I would take him over Lucas in any of my teams?
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:31 pm

saying that Lucas "occasionally" tackles is being harsh.He was the player with most successful tackles in the epl last season.

also,im watching him right now and hes spraying a lot of passes forward.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

I don't like to say this but I sense some bias. Lucas has a better passing range then Ambrosini? Ok I don't watch much EPL, but you must not watch any Serie A. Just like Lucas does his job with minimum fuss and efficiency, Ambrosini is exactly the same and can actually set up plays and take the ball forward unlike Lucas. On top of that Ambrosini is an asset in the air and is never, ever caught out of position.

I was not having a laugh when I said that whatever LL can do, Ambrosini can do it better.

But this argument was not about them, it was about Lucas and Essien and even with Essiens age, I would take him over Lucas in any of my teams?

I watch Serie A every week, dont you remember asking you and Izzy for streams every week lol?

Anyway yh i agree it is about Lucas v Essien and imo Lucas is better now, Essien has'nt been good for going on 2 years now if you disagree fair enough but its the way you replied i disagreed with it was basically saying all DM's with tactical awareness and does'nt contribute to the attack are not good because thier role requires them not to.

That is all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Ganso wrote:also,im watching him right now and hes spraying a lot of passes forward.

I'm of the opinion that today actual specified exactly what is lacking in his game, decisiveness. When Liverpool needed to push forward, Lucas was never there in support. Whenever there was a surging run through midfield, it was provided by Adam or Downing. Lucas just is not versatile and competent enough to be an all round good midfielder. Sure he's a good tackler and has good positioning, but that confines him to be ept at only a very small part of the pitch.

Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
I watch Serie A every week, dont you remember asking you and Izzy for streams every week lol?

Anyway yh i agree it is about Lucas v Essien and imo Lucas is better now, Essien has'nt been good for going on 2 years now if you disagree fair enough but its the way you replied i disagreed with it was basically saying all DM's with tactical awareness and does'nt contribute to the attack are not good because thier role requires them not to.

That is all.

Actually, I do remember.

And since I have nothing more to contribute, lets agree to disagree.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:35 pm

:lol!:

That is all.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:44 pm

Obviously Lucas since Essien is injured.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:54 pm

I'd take essien with 2 broken legs over lucas.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Essien has sadly been meh for a long time. Hasn't been good since Torres was good, IMO.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:39 pm

I wouldn't hesitate for a nano second here as Lucas takes it by a nautical mile.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:44 am

Arquitecto wrote:I wouldn't hesitate for a nano second here as Lucas takes it by a nautical mile.

Why are you down to 75%?
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:37 am

atm lucas of course, hes in his prime and essien is injury riddled and severly not match fit, although esien on form and in his prime blows lucas and buscuits out of the water, only player i can think of who could compete with an on form essien is xabi alonso (they make a great midfeild pairing in FIFA btw Razz)
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:41 am

Lucas, however, Mikel is far better than them both, Criminally underrated in this forum.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:58 am

@ fm123: Lucas is 24. He's not in his prime. scratch

@ mars: Leiva is basically the Liverpool version of Mikel.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:00 pm

Yes but Mikel plays for Chelsea which makes him better. Smile

Ok Mikel is not far better but IMO he is better.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:10 pm

LOL.

You got it all wrong mate Very Happy

First of all

RED - He use to 2 years ago, Yes.
GREEN - ROFL , No he is the best "tackler" in the epl along side De jong.

And about the Attacking threat - Lucas is a PURE DM , While Essien is a CM. Lucas is ok in attack and awesome in Defense

While Essien is awesome in attack while balls in defense.

The comparison is wrong due to the specialty within normal midfielders. The thread just says which one is better? which is stupid. An ability should be taken into consideration, then comparison of two players should take place.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next