RealGunner
Mr Nick09
rwo power
donttreadonred
Yeezus
83 posters

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next

Go down

France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 19 Empty Re: France NT News, Formations & Results

Post by sportsczy 8/6/2014, 23:00

Well... Benz-Giroud looked good Laughing Hard to really take a lot out of a game like this though. But i have a feeling that DD will give it a go against Honduras.

And i'll be quite honest... Sissoko is a BEAST with NT. I almost want him to start over Pogba. Actually, i think he deserves it. Maybe he does.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 19 Empty Re: France NT News, Formations & Results

Post by BarcaLearning 9/6/2014, 08:07

messixaviesta wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:I remember reading a story about Benz refusing to play left wing.  I think under domenech.
That was BS.  Domenech would leak false stories out there so that his bad decisions would always seem like the fault of someone else.  He got called out on it after the 2010 WC by everyone, including the French Federation press liaison that acted as his leak guy on NT lol.  

Fate should be thanked that France did not win WC 2006 because if Domenech's name appeared in the list of world cup winning coaches it would be an eternal embarrassment for football. There's rarely been a worse piece of crap managing a top national team and he got to stay for six long years.

Looooooooooool! Wow, didnt know this.... if true then hes really pathetic.... I always gave him decent credit for France's run that yr.... but then many consider it as the team and Zidane rather than him.... probably thats right. Hes just too much of a clown overall? Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta 9/6/2014, 10:21

BL, just consider the whole of Domenech's tenure. Qualification for WC 2006 was likely to be a failure until Zidane and company came back and bailed him out at the last minute. Qualification for Euro 2008 was poor and they just edged very unlucky Scotland to make it. Qualification for WC 2010 was even worse and Henry had to use his hand to help them into the tournament at the expense of Ireland. In Euro 2008 they finished last in their group. In WC 2010 not only did they finish last in their group but they shamed themselves in front of the entire world with their conduct. Yet in WC 2006 they reached the final and almost won the trophy. Does all this seem to be the work of one person? Quite clearly in WC 2006 the team was being run by a different individual - Zinedine Zidane.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 9/6/2014, 10:37

Zidane called Domenech crap in the media from the moment he was hired too Laughing Only reason he came back to NT in 2006 for the last WCQ game and then the WC, was that the French public begged him.  Remember that France needed to win that last WCQ game to make the WC.  

Complete disaster in every way Domenech which is why nobody has hired him since 2010.

Ok, here are some plane pics:

France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 19 BprLQzoIAAAMbmT
France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 19 BprJ-KeIMAAcGPd
France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 19 BprNbJTIYAEjoWh
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 9/6/2014, 11:17

Just so people are clear about what our shape looks like:

The setup is really a diamond midfield with 2 strikers that can also change into a 433. Giroud-Benz will be the 2 strikers to start. But even when Remy or Griezmann played on the left, it was the same way. Valbuena played behind the two strikers and everyone roamed around.

Lloris
Debuchy - Varane - Sakkho - Evra
Cabaye
Pogba Matuidi
Valbuena
Giroud - Benzema
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit 9/6/2014, 11:18

Someone on twitter is trying to tell me Sissoko will start over Griezmann and play LW. Doubt there is any truth to that, sports pls confirm.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 9/6/2014, 11:39

No truth at all.  Sissoko has never played a second on the left at NT Laughing He's always been on the right and that's Pogba-Valbuena.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta 9/6/2014, 11:50

sportsczy, I agree completely. Domenech has easily been one of the most good for nothing managers ever seen at a football world cup.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta 9/6/2014, 11:54

His being retained beyond Euro 2008 up to WC 2010 remains an unbelievable decision. Somehow he had the right political backing. Major figures such as Platini publicly supported him for reasons I do not know. Once again let me say thank fate that he is not listed as a world cup winner. His name is enough to disgrace the entire institution.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 9/6/2014, 12:25

There's a very firm "Old Boys" network in France with the DTN (Direction Technique National).  These guys used to have a huge influence on manager hires for NT.  The good thing that came out of the Domenech fiasco is that the DTN influence got pushed waay down...  the 98 WC winning players have a ton of influence and they've asserted themselves.  

Jacquet, who became the main figure at the DTN after WC98, chose the next managers for a while... and it was disastrous.  Lemerre, Santini and then Domenech.

When Escalette got fired along with Domenech, it marked the end of the DTN's power hold of France NT.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai 9/6/2014, 14:55

Is Valbuena fighting for a spot right now? Or is he guaranteed.

His attitude on the pitch yesterday was poor.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 9/6/2014, 14:58

Guaranteed.  Valbuena is the heart and soul of this team.  He had 2 fantastic games before last night and i thought he was ok last night too... just didn't want to get injured.

What do you mean his attitude was poor???  i saw the game and i must have completely missed it.  If you mean that he was disappointed that he completely missed the ball from 6m out all alone...  i think he was embarrassed.  It wasn't a bad attitude.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta 9/6/2014, 16:23

sportsczy wrote:There's a very firm "Old Boys" network in France with the DTN (Direction Technique National).  These guys used to have a huge influence on manager hires for NT.  The good thing that came out of the Domenech fiasco is that the DTN influence got pushed waay down...  the 98 WC winning players have a ton of influence and they've asserted themselves.  

Jacquet, who became the main figure at the DTN after WC98, chose the next managers for a while... and it was disastrous.  Lemerre, Santini and then Domenech.

When Escalette got fired along with Domenech, it marked the end of the DTN's power hold of France NT.

Very educational but was Lemerre that bad. He won Euro 2000 and at WC 2002 injuries such as Zidane's hit him.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame 9/6/2014, 16:40

@sports

So are Varane and Sakho the starting CBs now?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous 9/6/2014, 16:55

Varane has been the starter for a while now if I'm not mistaken.

Also Greaseman should start imo, the kid is fantastic.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 9/6/2014, 17:07

Giroud has outperformed Griezmann in the 3 prep games and by quite a bit.  Griezmann will be a supersub.

Varane is always a starter if he's healthy.  It's not even a question anymore.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 9/6/2014, 17:09

messixaviesta wrote:
sportsczy wrote:There's a very firm "Old Boys" network in France with the DTN (Direction Technique National).  These guys used to have a huge influence on manager hires for NT.  The good thing that came out of the Domenech fiasco is that the DTN influence got pushed waay down...  the 98 WC winning players have a ton of influence and they've asserted themselves.  

Very educational but was Lemerre that bad. He won Euro 2000 and at WC 2002 injuries such as Zidane's hit him.

The players ran themselves.  He was the lapdog for Jacquet before becoming the manager Laughing When he got named, everyone was like wtf.  His hadn't even managed a Ligue 1 side before. it was all ligue 2 and lower.

After 1998 and until 2006, the players basically ran themselves.  The choices were all such a joke that they didn't have a choice.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous 9/6/2014, 17:11

I must admit I haven't watched the friendlies but I'm confident that Greaseman is generally speaking a better player than Giroud is.

However good form is one hell of a drug for strikers so Giroud might preform at a high level.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che 9/6/2014, 17:12

now to the more important question, anyone know what kind of watch is valbuena wearing in the last picture?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 9/6/2014, 17:19

It does make the team more balanced Z.  For one, it allows Benz to roam around and play just around Giroud, which is what he does best.  Second, it adds a physical dimension to the attack.  If Giroud is on form, i think it's better.  BUT, I don't think France loses anything with Griezmann.  It just makes the tactics different is all.

Since France has gone with a diamond or 443 towards the end of last summer, the offense has exploded.  Only poor result was the first leg against Ukraine (where Varane didn't play btw).

Belarussia 4-2 W
Australia 6-0 W
Finland 3-0 W
Ukraine 2-0 L
Ukraine 3-0 W
Holland 2-0 W
Norway 4-0 W
Paraguay 1-1 (missed like 10 great chances) D
Jamaica 8-0 W

You know the nordic and east european teams park the bus and defend like champs.  Other than the Holland game, those have impressed me the most.  Played Holland without Ribery too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 9/6/2014, 17:31

che wrote:now to the more important question, anyone know what kind of watch is valbuena wearing in the last picture?
lol. I've never seen anything like that in my life.

Btw, you think Valencia will pay up and get him? My OM dropping the ball yet again... but i remain positive with Bielsa.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous 9/6/2014, 17:31

che wrote:now to the more important question, anyone know what kind of watch is valbuena wearing in the last picture?

Can't tell, but I'm not really a fan of the revolver look.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che 9/6/2014, 17:37

sportsczy wrote:
Btw, you think Valencia will pay up and get him? My OM dropping the ball yet again... but i remain positive with Bielsa.

bielsa is apparently crazy about banega, so they could work something out...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger 9/6/2014, 17:42

Sportz, so do the last few preparation matches mean Sakho starts over Kos in the WC?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 9/6/2014, 17:43

Yeah... Sakho-Varane are the starters going into WC. He's earned a first look.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 9/6/2014, 18:21

France NT News, Formations & Results - Page 19 Bpoy1CKIcAA0xrT
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 43 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next