IAmManUnited
DagenhamDave
RED
19 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Luis Nani - Page 4 Empty Re: Luis Nani

Post by II Capitano Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:29 pm

Thus far this season, Nani has been mediocre in two games: Everton and Liverpool. However, to give him some credit, since he hasn't been terrible either, he was promising against Southampton as a sub (assist from corner for winning goal to Van Persie), showed signs of the "old Nani" against Wigan and registered an assist after showing how useful his unpredictability can be at times, and was our start attacking player against Galatasaray, creating the most chances, albeit he missed a penalty. I don't fathom our fans saying that we should sell him. If there's a suitable option to replace him, then by all means purchase an asset that is going to be better and meet our needs (whatever that is). But we cannot sell him and stick with Giggs and Young, two inferior options that should never be considered

II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Looks like his days are numbered at United Sad

his whole body language and attitude is that of a player who's heart is not at the club no more. No passion, no desire....looks like he can't be arsed no more.

SAF taking him off at HT v LFC was very telling. Looks dead cert right now to be sold, either this Jan or next summer.

Sad because I think he is such a great player.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:25 pm

You just can't be a great player when the mental side of your game is so poor. 'Good' player will be the right category for him. His technical ability is certainly up there though. Would be a star player for a club like Spurs though, where he doesn't have to be amazing all the time.

If Bale plays for a big club, I would expect the same thing. Inconsistency, poor decision making,...... will all become much more obvious.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:23 am

SchinnerC wrote:You just can't be a great player when the mental side of your game is so poor. 'Good' player will be the right category for him. His technical ability is certainly up there though. Would be a star player for a club like Spurs though, where he doesn't have to be amazing all the time.

Agreed. Nani, needs to really sort his mental part of his game. Okay, he has been injured but he's been kinda inconsistent too when given the chance. There's been a rise in his form over the last two games however. Really want him to stay, by farrrrr our best winger.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:40 pm

Looking sharp at the just the right moment. 2 assists an a goal in his last 2 games since his return.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:08 am

Nani has been very inconstant last two seasons. We must sell him till we can still get at least 15 mil pounds on him.

Same shit is happening with Valencia and lately with Young. What if we sell all of them? We have Zaha, Welbeck, Januzaj, Lingard, Kagawa who can play on the wings. It's obvious that we won't sell them all, but in my opinion Valencia and Nani are pretty useless from now.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:50 pm

i'd rather keep Nani, and sell young and Valencia.

Nani on his day is one of the best in the world at his position, the other 2 not close to his level on there best
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:34 pm

I agree with B-Mac. Nani should stay, sell the other two.

Play Nani consistently see if he is able to regain his form.

Seriously though, if Nani is able to perform, then we wouldn't need Bale. We won't need a winger and Kagawa/Rooney can play behind RVP. We'd be a CM and LB(unless Fabio doesn't get injured, big IF) away to having no real weakness.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Agree with r_9 . I will never forget his performance against bayern. He was unplayable @ the tail end of that season tbh. He needs to play a full season and not get injured. Thats what makes Ronaldo so extraordinary. The guy never used to get injured. His conditioning is ridiculous

Valencia is and has never been good enough. In that cl final in 11 he looked out of his depth. Young as well. Bar Nani our wingers are average at best. Zaha is looking promising. I dont want kagawa out wide, he can influence games much better when he is behind the cf

We need a tactical overhaul tbh
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:02 pm

You don't have to tell me that Nani is talented and how amazing he was in the past.

Nani disappointed me with his poor performances in the last seasons. It's hard to believe he will regain his old form.He loses his form every time he gets injured and unfortunately he became an injury prone in the last 2 years Sad.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:21 pm

ya I think are winger depth is a bit overrated right now, Young has been average or worse since about 2 months after we bought him, Valencia is a good depth player but not near the quality you need in your starting 11 if you want to be competing for CL. Zaha is young although promising, Januzaj hasn't looked out of place in pre season...but I think we would be naive to rely on such youth and expect to be serious CL contenders.

which is why I would like us to bring in Bale, unlikely at this point but would be ideal purchase....if not bale then Shaqiri who has been loosely suggested in some reports as well. Don't know of any other likely wingers to bring in TBH, good enough or for sale
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:37 pm

Bale would be our best transfer ever. Like I said before, he fits our style of play perfectly and he is now at his prime. It would be a disaster to see him gone to Real Madrid. This week he has been strongly linked with them. They'd better take Nani Laughing
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:52 pm

I'd love to have Bale, but I think it's wishful thinking.

He rejected us before what's to say he won't do it again? Okay, last time it was for first team football, but if the attractiveness of the club didn't lure him before what's to say he won't reject us again. I think on a pure footballing move he should choose us though. The way he choose Spurs the first time. He also seems to have a man crush on CR7, hopefully the one on Giggs is greater Wink .

This could all be pointless though, Real Madrid can easily outbid us. Let's hope Perez is not too obessed with Bale.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:14 pm

ronaldo__9 wrote:I'd love to have Bale, but I think it's wishful thinking.

He rejected us before what's to say he won't do it again? Okay, last time it was for first team football, but if the attractiveness of the club didn't lure him before what's to say he won't reject us again. I think on a pure footballing move he should choose us though. The way he choose Spurs the first time. He also seems to have a man crush on CR7, hopefully the one on Giggs is greater Wink .

This could all be pointless though, Real Madrid can easily outbid us. Let's hope Perez is not too obessed with Bale.

I don't believe so. Easily outbid? We can compete with them when it comes about money. If we want to buy a British player we also have a slight advantage. They have that kind of advantage with spanish players and that's a normal thing.

We have a lot of money to spend but we usually don't use them because we have different principles. If we change our mentality, we can throw with a lot of money on a lot of players. But this is not a good thing; best examples: Real Madrid and Man City.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Perhaps bad phrasing on my part

Not because we're financially incapable but because we'd refuse too go so high and Real Madrid will go higher as they misjudge the true value of Bale.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:27 pm

Yes, but this is a completely different thing from what you've initially said.If they outbid us because they give an illogical sum of money on Bale, I'm not disappointed with us.

Real Madrid's transfer policy in the last 5 or 6 years is the worst in the history along with Man City's.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:33 pm

Ya i think being sensible about are transfers and spending, makes people mistaken us for not having the money....this club has massive turnover every year, we can spend with the best of them but we aren't idiotic about are valuations of players and spending.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:08 am

Lately I wish us to be 'idiotic' like other big clubs because we really need to buy at least one player, that would be a midfielder in first instance.

#saveusscholes

Laughing
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Nani signs new deal

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Nani has signed a new five year contract to June 2018.

The Portuguese winger signed for United in May 2007 and has won four Barclays Premier League titles, two League Cups, a FIFA Club World Cup and the UEFA Champions League in his six seasons at Old Trafford.

David Moyes said: "I'm really pleased Nani has re-signed for the next five years. He has great ability and experience beyond his 26 years. I've been impressed with his approach to training and look forward to working with him in the coming seasons."

Nani said: "Playing at United has been a fantastic experience for me. When I came to the Club, I never imagined the success we have enjoyed. Training every day with top players who want to win trophies every year is a great motivation to me. I'm very happy that the new manager has shown this faith in me and I'm looking forward to helping the team compete for more honours this season."
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/Sep/Nani-new-contract.aspx

cheers
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:13 pm

Nani knows what's best for him. Cool 
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:44 pm

Never understood why there was rumours we would sell him, easily our best winger when healthy.....offers something none of the others do, ability to cut in or go wide because he has 2 good feet makes him unplayable
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:56 pm

yep. In form nani and valencia in that right flank can be a very deadly combo, one hopefully we will see a lot this season. And we have Zaha as well. Very Happy

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:08 pm

that raping he gave Ashley Cole at Old Trafford 2 years ago Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:17 pm

Proud

212 matches for Manchester United, 40 goals and many assists. :bow:
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:46 pm

ffs, Nani Proud 
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:52 am

The beast Nani :bow:

Luis Nani - Page 4 Cristiano-ronaldo-493-soccer-player-luis-nani-six-pack-abs-body-muscles-while-being-shirtless

Luis Nani - Page 4 Nzb8pP-Hq7VfoMPk7e1_ItJWdU11N-5rVpI--ZQ4Jm3Q4Bp1g2wF31JI3DarnU6E__J67lwWt4O8Ea8BfoL3mKUQ4PIYTRzOieRQjlVdvcs4YTCGxV8

Luis Nani - Page 4 Luis+nani+profile+11
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next