Greatest World Cup game of all time? Even the English think it was Italy-Brazil 82

+16
white_star
Arquitecto
rsinatra
S
7amood11
VivaStPauli
M99
honduran09
Albiceleste
PedroBR
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
The Madrid One
Swanhends
Ganso
wigglesworth
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Greatest World Cup game of all time?  Even the English think it was Italy-Brazil 82 Empty Greatest World Cup game of all time? Even the English think it was Italy-Brazil 82

Post by wigglesworth Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:18 am

"For sheer drama and quality, this game remains hard to match. Bobby Charlton was my co-commentator and he was almost in tears with the emotion of it all."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1281298/World-Cup-games-Ten-greatest.html

I certainly was in tears.

But, I think they excluded two Italy-Germany matches. 1970 and 2006.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Greatest World Cup game of all time?  Even the English think it was Italy-Brazil 82 Empty Re: Greatest World Cup game of all time? Even the English think it was Italy-Brazil 82

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:23 am

black power ftw
Greatest World Cup game of all time?  Even the English think it was Italy-Brazil 82 Article-1281298-09A7F0E2000005DC-663_634x373
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Greatest World Cup game of all time?  Even the English think it was Italy-Brazil 82 Empty Re: Greatest World Cup game of all time? Even the English think it was Italy-Brazil 82

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:26 am

im watching some highlights....zico and falcao were amazing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:35 am

My hero, Paolo Rossi was fantastic.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:07 am

Germ-France '82 was better
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:25 am

france vs brazil 1998
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:26 am

bhends wrote:Germ-France '82 was better

There is always a minority opinion. And, that's fine.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:30 am

France vs Brazil 86 will be my favourite, apart from the 98 final ofcoarse
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:31 am

Argentina vs England 86 :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:33 am

Everyone's favorite match is when brazil loses Sad...
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:36 am

The only game that can compare to Italy-Brazil 1982, was the Game of the Century, Italy-Germany 1970. All these minority opinions based on personal allegiances are not really in the competition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy_4%E2%80%933_West_Germany_%281970%29
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:38 am

Ganso wrote:Everyone's favorite match is when brazil loses Sad...

Or when Italy loses on penalty kicks to Brazil.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:39 am

Hey Brazilian fans, you have only won 1 World Cup more than Italy and you won it on penalty kicks, don't flatter yourselves.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by PedroBR Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:48 am

Hey Italian fans, stop crying

Brazil have not only won 1 World Cup more than Italy, but at the ranking of every World Cups, we are in 1st place(172 pts), second is Germany(160 pts) and Italy is only in 3rd(122 pts).
PedroBR
PedroBR
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:52 am

Since when are FIFA rankings relevant?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:52 am

So what that we won it on penalties?it was all fair and square

Last edited by Ganso on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:56 am

PedroBR wrote:Hey Italian fans, stop crying

Brazil have not only won 1 World Cup more than Italy, but at the ranking of every World Cups, we are in 1st place(172 pts), second is Germany(160 pts) and Italy is only in 3rd(122 pts).

We have won 4 World Cups even after losing our whole team in an airplane crash in 1949. Had we not lost our team, we would have certainly won in 1950. You can count all the points you want , but you are dealing with someone that has forgotten more about football than you will ever learn.

wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:59 am

no need for insults
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:59 am

If the U.S ever manages to win a world cup before England wins their second, and I am still alive, I will personally guarantee that you will all hear about me on the news....I don't care if I'm 85 by that time

this is a promise
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by PedroBR Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:06 am

Lionel Messi wrote:Since when are FIFA rankings relevant?

I'm not talking about the FIFA ranking you're thinking about, it's not the one that is on FIFA.com
I'm talking about a ranking I found on wikipedia, where it shows the position of each country if the world cup was a point based tournament. A victory earns you 3 points, draw 1 point, loss 0 point, you know what I'm saying.
PedroBR
PedroBR
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by PedroBR Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:10 am

wigglesworth wrote:
PedroBR wrote:Hey Italian fans, stop crying

We have won 4 World Cups even after losing our whole team in an airplane crash in 1949. Had we not lost our team, we would have certainly won in 1950. You can count all the points you want , but you are dealing with someone that has forgotten more about football than you will ever learn.

The world is not based on "if that" "if not", etc..
If that's like that, I can say that "if" Ronaldo hadn't a convulsion before 1998 final we would have won it.
PedroBR
PedroBR
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by honduran09 Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:29 am

well didnt italy win like two of those world cups in the thirties... im just saying if people on this forum discredit uruguays world cup wins because they happen so long ago why not italys?
honduran09
honduran09
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:44 am

honduran09 wrote:well didnt italy win like two of those world cups in the thirties... im just saying if people on this forum discredit uruguays world cup wins because they happen so long ago why not italys?

I have always admired Uruguay's two World Cup wins, especially when they beat Brazil in Brazil.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:45 am

I think that people descredit Uruguay when they claim that Olympic wins equal World Cup wins.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by honduran09 Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:28 am

well im not dogging on anything to me a win is a win considering my country has only made it to the actual world cup twice I really cant put my two cents in over if it was valid or not, but I was just throwing in my two cents in for what it is worth lol
honduran09
honduran09
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next