titosantill
El Gunner
sportsczy
27 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Mbappe may be headed to EPL - Page 10 Empty Re: Mbappe may be headed to EPL

Post by Pedram Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:I just find it very annoying that Real Madrid fans feel like "if you don't accept to come to our shithole, your football career has failed" or "you're not that good anyhow".

What kind of entitled nonsense is the first part.  The second part is a bit more understandable.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Real Madrid, he just needs to move out of Ligue 1 to be taken seriously.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:19 pm

sportsczy wrote:I just find it very annoying that Real Madrid fans feel like "if you don't accept to come to our shithole, your football career has failed" or "you're not that good anyhow".

What kind of entitled nonsense is the first part.  The second part is a bit more understandable.

That’s rich coming from you. The guy who posted over and over again, how much Madrid needed him if they were going to win.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:00 pm

Before there were any rumors about any remote possibility of Mbappe or Haaland coming to Liverpool, I had said that Haaland will be preferred in my team. That was few years ago and that hit sensitive Madrid fans really hard Laughing . Now that 0.01% possibility of Mbappe coming to Liverpool is there, I would still say the same. Liverpool's issue is, we are in no position to say or even utter a word about Haaland or Mbappe because financially we can't match the likes of Madrid/Man City/Man Utd even after the success under Klopp.

Talking about Madrid, objectively with the current set of players they are better off to be waiting for Haaland.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:44 am

Well Helmer... don't let the overall data and big game performances (and i mean big) get in the way of your opinions.  You're entitled to them.  The Mbappe hate is about him not giving two shits about what people think and taking his own path.  As far as his play goes, he's clearly (and I mean clearly) the best player in the world with Messi out of the picture.  Haaland is right there if he were more complete... he's the best 9 by far.  I blame Pep btw.  Haaland could become a lot more but he's not given the freedom.  So if you can't see the total scope of Haaland's game, you can't project.  If Haaland were given the chance to show his real self, it would be very fun like Messi v Ronaldo.  But as it stands, Pep has made Haaland into a poacher, which is crime IMO.  What made him crazy special was speed in space and high twitch.  Now, he just hold the ball to pass it off to a teammate and then goes to the box to poach.

Anyhow, Mbappe definitely scoring 50 goals for club this season and he's pacing for 60 with the form he's picked up (barring injury).  They moved him to CF and he's just doing it all.  

Overall, he has 28 goals and 6 assists in 26 games.  But at CF, he has 17 goals and 6 assists in 13 games.  Just crushing it there.  

Really picked up his level in 2024 (which i thought he would to prepare for Euros and Olympics).  In this calendar year, he's played 4 games....  7 goals and 4 assists.  Why?  They surrounded him with Barcola on the left as opposed to playing Goncalo Ramos and Muani out of position.  He's playing like Thierry Henry used to in terms of general style.  He's more lethal, technical and dynamic than Henry though.

My prediction?  55 goals and 15 assists.  If he makes it to semis in CL, then chance at 60.

Where he goes?  60/40 PSG.  He's been offered 400 million guaranteed net wages over 4 years and he gets to cash in on the 80 million bonus he's delayed this year.  So that's 480 million over 4 years.  Madrid is offering 170 million signing bonus and 30 million in net wages per year.  So over the 4 years, that's 290 million.  That's such a big difference.  I don't think he can say no to that.  But, he's not really predictable so he may want a new challenge... but Madrid has to fill the financial gap a bit somehow. Man U would match the PSG offer... but that's a step down frankly as the team is a mess. City cannot because they'd need to bring Haaland up there too and that's just too much within the rules.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:01 am

Here's something new though... according to L'Equipe, John Henry flew into Paris, boarded Mbappe, his family and his lawyer, and made a round trip to Monaco and back to discuss a potential transfer on his private jet.

The number that is thrown around is a nominal fee but a near same wage as PSG (100 million per season net).  Tax rates are the same so no benefit there.   Not sure if true but I assume Henry flew in with a plan.  

There's talk that Mbappe would back defer the wage (meaning lower the early year wage and increase it over time) to make the time value better. This allows the additional revenue from his presence to pay the high wage number in the future.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:56 am

They flew around in a private jet instead of just going to a restaurant or something? Mmmkay

this seems like old news though: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kylian-mbappe-liverpool-transfer-news-23522857
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:21 pm

Enough with the low quality bait sports no one is saying that except maybe one person. All mbappe needs to do is win cl with psg and the rhetoric would massively change. Otherwise he needs to leave. He is a top talent. Not up for discussion. But as it stands, he is on the path of Pogba. CL will elude him so long as psg remains a clown show. He would have a far greater chance at CL success were he to leave for liverpool. Or even city.

Don't want him in my team. Its not a problem of talent. Its a problem of attitude and mentality. Guy's become a diva, kicked nerman out and psg has become a lesser force for it. And since he has assumed dictatorship role at psg, it makes all the mistakes psg makes more glaring and belong squarely at his feet. To be the main man also means to take responsibility. He has to shoulder the blame for every failure psg makes. Nerman was doing him a favor taking all the heat. Shame he probably will never realize that.

And finally Mbappe was a cf from the start bozo.  His numbers should be of no surprise. And if he is truly smart as you claim him to be, he needs to stop his cr7 roleplay and focus on playing his natural position for better stat padding. I've always said Mbappe's most effective spot was at cf. I still remember your silly posts suggesting otherwise. Nice 180° there btw.:coffee:

I hope he goes to liverpool. Dont like liverpool. Donkey team. But i do like klopp and i hope things go well for that guy.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:15 pm

And for those who think he's money-driven and selfish... he gives 30% of everything he makes annually to his foundation. They take kids off the street and pay for them until they start working (whatever level they reach scholastically), they build schools in Cameroon and France, create youth centers, etc.

Interesting story. His mother is a teacher. When he went to Madrid as a little kid and received VIP treatment, his mother put him immediately to work for 3 days upon his return cleaning her classrooms... to keep his head on straight.

Here's a great interview released a few days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl9Y-d9q4Zw&t=281s
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:16 pm

Myesyats wrote:They flew around in a private jet instead of just going to a restaurant or something? Mmmkay

this seems like old news though: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/kylian-mbappe-liverpool-transfer-news-23522857

Did it again. Here's the English article on it: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kylian-mbappe-liverpool-psg-transfer-31886609
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:21 pm

PSG winning the CL especially with Mbappe there isnt that impossible actually. Even the bookies have them generally high amongst the 4-6th favourites. Ppl dont watch n hence dont rate them... would be funny if they surprise everyone n win it Very Happy Its a cup after all, u just need a lucky draw, a few big performances v the best teams n beat the ones u should be beating. Far from not doable.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:42 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:PSG winning the CL especially with Mbappe there isnt that impossible actually. Even the bookies have them generally high amongst the 4-6th favourites. Ppl dont watch n hence dont rate them... would be funny if they surprise everyone n win it Very Happy Its a cup after all, u just need a lucky draw, a few big performances v the best teams n beat the ones u should be beating. Far from not doable.

Bookies don't count the choke factor PSG excels at, otherwise they wouldn't even be in the top 10.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:12 am

sportsczy wrote:And for those who think he's money-driven and selfish... he gives 30% of everything he makes annually to his foundation.  They take kids off the street and pay for them until they start working (whatever level they reach scholastically), they build schools in Cameroon and France, create youth centers, etc.

Interesting story.  His mother is a teacher.  When he went to Madrid as a little kid and received VIP treatment, his mother put him immediately to work for 3 days upon his return cleaning her classrooms... to keep his head on straight.

Here's a great interview released a few days ago:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl9Y-d9q4Zw&t=281s

Similar to rashford, vanquisher of kids going hungry.

Fair enough to him but if he were serious about charity, he should just stay put and milk qatar for all their gdp. Unless its mancity or newcastle (lol), i dont think madrid or liverpool got the  money to give him enough to keep donating to charity the amount hes currently given. Surely he doesnt have a 50/50 feal on image rights with psg? 30% of what i believe was... hm. I dont remember how much his generational money was. What was the number?  Because neither real madrid or liverpool for that matter got money like that to pay for generational wealth salary. Well... Not without getting into fiscal trouble.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:40 am

True Algerian mom right there. But yeah sports didn’t know that. I just assumed since I heard she has a lot of influence in the youth set up and that she is pretty intimidating.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:And for those who think he's money-driven and selfish... he gives 30% of everything he makes annually to his foundation. They take kids off the street and pay for them until they start working (whatever level they reach scholastically), they build schools in Cameroon and France, create youth centers, etc.

Interesting story. His mother is a teacher. When he went to Madrid as a little kid and received VIP treatment, his mother put him immediately to work for 3 days upon his return cleaning her classrooms... to keep his head on straight.

Here's a great interview released a few days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl9Y-d9q4Zw&t=281s
paying your own charity is a good loophole to not pay taxes tbf

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:25 pm

Clutch wrote:
sportsczy wrote:And for those who think he's money-driven and selfish... he gives 30% of everything he makes annually to his foundation.  They take kids off the street and pay for them until they start working (whatever level they reach scholastically), they build schools in Cameroon and France, create youth centers, etc.

Interesting story.  His mother is a teacher.  When he went to Madrid as a little kid and received VIP treatment, his mother put him immediately to work for 3 days upon his return cleaning her classrooms... to keep his head on straight.

Here's a great interview released a few days ago:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl9Y-d9q4Zw&t=281s
paying your own charity is a good loophole to not pay taxes tbf

He gets his wages and bonus net of taxes (PSG pays his taxes).  Everything that comes in is post-tax.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:02 pm

I had stopped following this as there are endless reports about what might happen and yet I think it is petty obvious about where he is going.

But today, I like the stories out there,

Mbappe is demanding RMad increase their salary offer from 35M to 70M. - club was in this position once before when Ronaldo was demanding another huge salary increase and they said no as no club can have one player so out of the range of rest of team. The highest earners are 10.5M. No way Flo will agree to Mbappe’s demand.

Kloop resigning will kill any Liverpool agreement, not that they would be able to match PSG anyways.

RMad have been in active discussions with Haaland camp and apparently have a positive response that he would come if Mbappe is not in picture. And total cost for him is less than what Mbappe would be.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:And for those who think he's money-driven and selfish... he gives 30% of everything he makes annually to his foundation.

How much does he give for all the PR work you do for him? neymar
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:25 pm

Myesyats wrote:
sportsczy wrote:And for those who think he's money-driven and selfish... he gives 30% of everything he makes annually to his foundation.

How much does he give for all the PR work you do for him? neymar

agree with myesyats, this is butt kissing. what's next, we're gonna talk about how mbappe has invested money for curing of diseases and solar power research? how do you even know the percentage of what he gives? you're not his accountant, nor the government for you to have those numbers. and even you say "its France, once you are at a bracket they make those numbers public" (i don't know if that's true but that sounds like something @sportczy can say), what sparks your interest to view such? i'm not sure even @harmonica would go that route with messi. But who knows maybe he already has lol
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:07 pm

Tebas at it again. Says he believes Mbappe will come ro Madrid because he wants to! Says Flo seems to always gets what he wants! Then he says it just his personal opinion!

Comical, it’s as if he has no idea what PSG is doing, nor Mbappe’s demand for 70M salary! (Unless Sports report is BS). This is the guy that insists on Salary within clubs revenue, main reason why Messi left Spain.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:40 am

Supposedly Mbappé's decision is not yet taken would you believe Rolling Eyes his choice is very simple: for football he goes to Real, for money he stays in Paris. He can get both so there is no need for negociation levers, what are we waiting for ? In reality this guy just likes to be subject of such mediatic attention, thinks he's slick but we are not fooled, his affected indifference makes LeBron's decision TV show looks like an humble initiative.

Some of the few certainties are the toxic environment at PSG, their disappointing european record and failed mercato. In my opinion he'll sign for Real at relatively decent price, having already hit the jackpot in 2022.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:43 am

The other night i dreamed that Mbappé signed for Juve, or maybe i signed him and assumed i was working for Juve, whatever it's vague memories.

How many bs rumors and fake clickbait articles have i read over the years about this transfer saga for it to find a way into my subconscious ??
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:53 am

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/replay-emissions/after-foot/psg-mbappe-n-aime-pas-la-position-que-lui-a-attribue-luis-enrique-pense-riolo_VN-202401301086.html

Riolo (legit journalist who is close to Mbappe for RMC Sport): "Enrique is playing Mbappe in a position (center forward) that will trigger his departure. Mbappe does not like to play there. Everyone knows it. But of course, since it's Mbappe's last year at PSG, he'll do it and keep his mouth shut. He won't complain. Mbappe now knows that he's leaving. So he's giving everything a pass."
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/replay-emissions/after-foot/psg-mbappe-n-aime-pas-la-position-que-lui-a-attribue-luis-enrique-pense-riolo_VN-202401301086.html

Riolo (legit journalist who is close to Mbappe for RMC Sport): "Enrique is playing Mbappe in a position (center forward) that will trigger his departure. Mbappe does not like to play there. Everyone knows it. But of course, since it's Mbappe's last year at PSG, he'll do it and keep his mouth shut. He won't complain. Mbappe now knows that he's leaving. So he's giving everything a pass."

He will leave because he's playing as a striker to a team where he'll almost certainly be a striker? Sounds sus tbh.

I don't see Real selling Vini to play Mbappe on the wing.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:04 am

Real Madrid plays a diamond 442 with 2 strikers mostly. Very different than a 433 in terms of how strikers play.

It works when you are compensating for a lack of strikers and no true 9. It's not ideal in terms of pitch balance however. You're playing with a 10 and a DM and only 2 CMs + a lot of gamps. In a 433, you have 3 CMs and the lines are far more connected. RM has an advantage against teams like Atleti because Atleti isn't challenging the weaknesses of the system. Barca should be challenging but they are a team in disarray right now. It will be EXTREMELY hard to beat City. The rest of the field is wide open since nobody else is a complete team.

I think City walks the CL frankly if Haaland is back. They are that much better.

Anyhow I digress... my point is that Vini or Rodrygo will need to get sacrificed in a 442 and Vini would need to play central in a 433. The most likely scenario? Mbappe is the best player in the world arguably (with Haaland). Bellingham is great but the scoring has fallen off (as it should). You accommodate the best scorer on your team (by far) on the attack. Simple as that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:27 pm

Didn’t you tell us a few weeks ago that PSG had offered him twice the amount of salary and that he would remain in Paris?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:41 pm

As to RMad’s formation, the 4-4-2 is only for this year. Next year with Haaland at CF we will be fine
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next