BarcaLearning
The Franchise
24 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Match Day Thread 21-22 - Page 4 Empty Re: Match Day Thread 21-22

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:28 pm

Myesyats wrote:Cant believe we got Depay as a free agent. What a steal

Yeah, might actually be good for us, early days, but he keeps this form/performance up will help us get somewhere this season.

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:02 pm

I thought Fati was ready, it seems he just joined the training

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:33 pm

What an assist by Frenkie.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:41 pm

Throwing on Nico and Gavin with the game at 2-1. Takes balls. Imagine Valverde in the same situation. Man would bring on grandpa Rakitic, grandpa Pjanic

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:08 pm

Gavi debut is nice. The rest (and the ref) was pretty forgettable. Only watched the 2nd half
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:44 pm

Myesyats wrote:Cant believe we got Depay as a free agent. What a steal
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:05 am

Depay is an a good patch of form, hope this continues and isn't momentary. His finishing looks good, is able to get a goal from tight angles. We'll need those to break deadlocks now and then.

I hope one of Fati or Dembele have an injury-less season, otherwise we won't have any other goal scoring threats.

And I feel Depay might also err on the side of the flashy option when attacking. Like wtf was that wannabe Neymar-type volley attempt in the 2nd half. Just head the damn ball and it's 3-1.

My patience with Griezz is running really thin. What does he need exactly to thrive now? He puts in a good defensive shift, but zero in attacking. Poor man's Pedro at this point.

Did not enjoy Sergi Roberto in midfield either. Commentators seem to be on some whitewashing spree... described Roberto to have supreme technical skill Laughing Made him out to be the 2nd coming of Xavi or something. As if they've never seem him play Laughing

Anyway, our best midfield is probably Busi-Pedri-FDJ. If any one of them isn't there though, the ability to retain possession just goes down a lot.

Also, we desperately need a better pressing system. Seems to be to individual driven currently (or maybe just start of the season, and players are getting used to it). With Messi gone, we can have all 11 press, but that needs continuous implementation. Koeman needs to work on this part.

Lastly, Lenglet Laughing Erratic to say the least. I'm sure he has some good games in him this season, but man oh man does he give heart attacks. Pique+Aruajo or even Migueza+Araujo please.

Pleased with Dest and Emerson, and also Alba's workrate. And nice to see Nico and Gavi substituted in the last few mins.
CM Pep
CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:12 am

Should have offered Greaseman to man u for 40/50 maybe they would have fallen for it.

Assuming everyone is fit, I think this is my preferred lineup
Btw dont we have any CBs in la masia? this defense is awful and we're conceding way too much needless goals

Ter Stegen
Emerson Araujo Pique Alba
Frenkie Busi Pedri
Dembele Depay Ansu

Aguero as a super sub to break the deadlock
Griezmann left-bench (expensive sub...)

Glad Ansu is back in training. We need more goals which is possible with his killer instinct
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:44 am

Griezmann is really pissing me off. With Messi gone, we should go to a standard 4-3-3. That means wide players maintaining a bit of width to combine with the FB. Instead, Griezmann is doing his best Messi impression constantly clogging the middle. Leaving the RB 2 vs 1. Roberto provided runs on a couple of occasions but still. Our RW is useless right now as the fullback is left on his own.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:03 pm

Gavi is tremendous, he will be special. Not sure how we will fit him, Pedri and De Jong in the same team. It is possible, but takes a great mind.

Tired of moaning about Griezmann, could do it every game. It's just really insane that we need to dig deep into things like work rate to find any scrap of credit you can assign to him.

Roberto's goal's and assists will not erase what a midfielder is supposed to be about. How has he been at Barca a decade, yet so frequently passes it behind his target.

At this high level, if you pass it behind a runner in transition and you force them to slow down or stop, the move is dead. If this happen's against an organised defence, the player is going to struggle just to keep possession after he is inevitably under alot of pressure due to that pass. Such a dead wood player.

Overall a very sloppy, ugly and low quality game. There was a 15 minute period where we couldnt make 2 forward passes in a row. The ref was also horrific, Getafe made roughly 20 fouls and received 1 single yellow. Basically encouraging them to foul at every opportunity.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:57 pm

Who do you rate as the bigger talent?
Pedri or Gavi? I know Gavi has only played 15 mins while Pedri has played 3 seasons worth of football.
They are not that far apart in age. Pedri is just a year older. Who has more raw talent? I feel it's Pedri. He has cut a lot of flair out of his game( unnecessary if you ask me) but first touch, close control etc feel Pedri is better.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:18 am

Hard to compare, still need to see more of Gavi.

Hopefully he gets more and more minutes and id have a decent answer.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:29 am

So now we have two mediocre "strikers", and for what? Hard to call someone who scores 5 goals per season a striker

Ansu/Braithwaite—Depay/Kun—Dembele/Demir

I dont want to even consider Luuk as a first team player, gtfo
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:25 pm

I wouldnt wanna consider the thought of De Jong injured or missing just one game, I dont see much positives in the team anymore apart from him tbh... also Alba still able to bomb forward all game is pretty amazing to see and lucky for us, as well as Braithwaite deserving praise for doing what hes done considering his limited playing time overall.

I guess another positive is we are not aiming to win anything and are just in survival mode now, and as long as we secure CL spot and dont get humiliated in the CL then its acceptable?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:55 pm

Myesyats wrote:So now we have two mediocre "strikers", and for what? Hard to call someone who scores 5 goals per season a striker

Ansu/Braithwaite—Depay/Kun—Dembele/Demir

I dont want to even consider Luuk as a first team player, gtfo

What happen to Aquero?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:23 pm

He's injured Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:15 pm

New numbers, new beginnings

Dembele—7
Ansu—10
Demir—11

Match Day Thread 21-22 - Page 4 E-MZNaEXIAIoGyv?format=jpg&name=large
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:54 am

Puig getting the no.6 shirt, Demir no. 11, geezzzz the state of things loool... thought Koeman dont want him, I guess we gonna use whoever has low wages - ie. La Masia products Razz

Just gonna keep adjusting to things and having to accept whatever happens I guess, but geezzz Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:48 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Puig getting the no.6 shirt, Demir no. 11, geezzzz the state of things loool... thought Koeman dont want him, I guess we gonna use whoever has low wages - ie. La Masia products Razz

Just gonna keep adjusting to things and having to accept whatever happens I guess, but geezzz Very Happy

:d

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CM Pep Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:27 am

I think we'll be good as long as we avoid getting into banter era. Arguably getting Luuk is banter-ish.

I just hope Laporta works on getting us back up financially in the next 2 years and we're able to attract some good talents.
CM Pep
CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:16 pm

Luuk is less embarrassing as Braithwaite tbh. We went to Leganes for a striker and still missed out on a better option ( En-Nesyri sold a few weeks earlier)

De Jong at least costs no money and while not a goal scorer, he has been effective for Sevilla. We have had far worse strikers over the years who ended up playing bigger roles than De Jong will.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:21 pm

The Franchise wrote:Luuk is less embarrassing as Braithwaite tbh. We went to Leganes for a striker and still missed out on a better option ( En-Nesyri sold a few weeks earlier)

De Jong at least costs no money and while not a goal scorer, he has been effective for Sevilla. We have had far worse strikers over the years who ended up playing bigger roles than De Jong will.

Hope you're right. Paulinho was also supposed to be a disaster but he turned out to actually be a decent sub and not a bad signing by any stretch.

Still, I'd rather have kept Manaj instead.

In the last days of the window we were also linked to Cavani but the move fell through. If we went from Cavani to Luuk De Jong, then I don't wanna know the thought process behind that move.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:48 pm

going for Cavani would be a logical move. The arrival of CR surely would have unsettled him. However, the rumour was not coming from a reliable source, some British tabloid, I guess

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:49 am

Myesyats wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Luuk is less embarrassing as Braithwaite tbh. We went to Leganes for a striker and still missed out on a better option ( En-Nesyri sold a few weeks earlier)

Hope you're right. Paulinho was also supposed to be a disaster but he turned out to actually be a decent sub and not a bad signing by any stretch.

Still, I'd rather have kept Manaj instead.

In the last days of the window we were also linked to Cavani but the move fell through. If we went from Cavani to Luuk De Jong, then I don't wanna know the thought process behind that move.

I dont particularly like De Jong, but his goal scoring for Sevilla in Europe is actually pretty decent. In La Liga, poor, but in Europe he has actually looked a decent striker in my opinion. He is a good target for crosses, he's aggressive and has good movement.

That being said, Cavani would have been much better and once all our forwards are back im worried Koeman will still favour the Dutchman. I also agree, would have rather kept Manaj. I think Koeman made it clear he wasnt going to give Manaj any chances at all though. Didnt even use him with the score tied with only minutes left, perfect time to throw in a box 9.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:20 pm

Molenation
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor