M99
zizzle
Raptorgunner
KMD
Ali
40 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:47 pm

ali8775 wrote:DMX has more then 2 albums worth of material.

Wu Tang is some of the most over-rated groups ever.

That mean's he's a popular, by your standard's Lil Wayne is the best ever.

As for the underlined comment

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 2 Third-party-facepalm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Ali Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:04 am

thats not the same and you know it, DMX has more then 2 albums and more then 2 classics.

Wu Tangs production makes most of their songs unbearable and most of their albums are littered with stupid kung fu skits
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:14 am

ali8775 wrote:thats not the same and you know it, DMX has more then 2 albums and more then 2 classics.

Wu Tangs production makes most of their songs unbearable and most of their albums are littered with stupid kung fu skits

DMX is a decent rapper with a few good hit's but that's where it ends.

i can find atleast 30 rapper's in 5 mins that were or are better than DMX.....

GZA, Raekwon and Ghostface Killah have made some of the best solo album's in the history of Hip Hop and other members are pretty darn good too.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:27 am

i never really liked wu tang, there's something wrong with them i donno, im not saying i dont rate them, but i just dont like them

same goes for biggie, but i can say that he's a bit over-hyped, i dont see anything special with his lyrics, and his most over hyped skill, his flow, is good at best, i can name many rappers who match him or even surpass him flow wise

pac is the greatest but he's also overhyped a little, big L was great but a very short career, same thing goes for big pun who's the greastest lyricst ever, Nas could've been more legendry if it wasnt for his choice of beats, rakim is the godfather of rap but he never seems to get the recognition he deserves (who bought to his last album for example)

amongs the new cats i used to love chamillionare, but this guy fell off real bad, lupe is still doing real hiphop eventhough he's more into the mainstream now, immortal technique WAS good, and so was vinnie paz

a special mention has to go to royce da 5'9, and ill leave you with this joint

Last edited by zizzle on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:33 am

zizzle wrote:i never really liked wu tang, there's something wrong with them i donno, im not saying i dont rate them, but i just dont like them

same goes for biggie, but i can say that he's a bit over-hyped a little, i dont see anything special with his lyrics, he's not a lyricst, and his most over hyped skill, his flow, is good at best, and i can name many rappers who match him or even surpass him flow wise

pac is the greatest but he's also overhyped a little, big L was great but a very short career, same thing goes for big pun who's the greastest lyricst ever, Nas could've been more legendry if it wasnt for his choice of beats, rakim is the godfather of rap but he never seems to get the recognition he deserves (who listen to his last album for example)

amongs the new cats i used to love chamillionare, but this guy fell off real bad, lupe is still doing real hiphop eventhough he's more into the mainstream now, immortal technique WAS good, and so was vinnie paz

a special mention has to go to royce da 5'9, and ill leave you with this joint

@ Wu Tang

Fair enough

@ Biggie

Anything special, overhyped Flow? ok then name them because no one will come close.

Nothing really to add in 3rd or 4th paragraphs......

Agree Royce is extremely underrated as is AZ.

I will discuss more on my opinions on the greatest and my faves and who is underrated in my view tomorrow and it will be quite long because i have over 100gb of Hip Hop on my hardrive.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:43 am

Tech N9nes flow is doper.

DMX just a few hits?

It's Dark And Hell Is Hot > Ready To Die.

theres nothing special about Ghostfaces individual albums. Hes one of my favorite characters in rap though.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:44 am

AZ is the most underrated.... he's in my top 5....
”I stay in tune with the sun, stars and moon, cause behind bars you're doomed if your mind can't consume”
eminem even admitted to rip off his style

Ali, some of your list is questionable, like 50 and banks....

Mine is probably like this (not in order)

Nas
AZ
Talib Kweli
Royce 5'9
Ghostface Killah
Rakim
Dj Premier
eminem
GangStarr - not Guru with that fag
Outcast

KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:45 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

@ Wu Tang

Fair enough

@ Biggie

Anything special, overhyped Flow? ok then name them because no one will come close.

Nothing really to add in 3rd or 4th paragraphs......

Agree Royce is extremely underrated as is AZ.

I will discuss more on my opinions on the greatest and my faves and who is underrated in my view tomorrow and it will be quite long because i have over 100gb of Hip Hop on my hardrive.

well maybe Big's flow was special back in his days, but judging by today's standards he wouldnt look as good as people rate him

to start with, royce has a better flow, he's more versatile, and the way he can change speed is just mad
and talking about switching speed and flow, luda criss takes the title hands down.
Busta rhymes has to mentioned here, along with Krayzie Bone of bone thugs
Rakim is one of the guys who can make you pounce without a beat just by the way he writes his lyrics, while big pun's choice of words, along with his speed, makes him special in his way
and to end this list, i have to mention Eminem, coz love him or hate him, the guy is good and thats that

zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:55 am

zizzle wrote:well maybe Big's flow was special back in his days, but judging by today's standards he wouldnt look as good as people rate him

to start with, royce has a better flow, he's more versatile, and the way he can change speed is just mad
and talking about switching speed and flow, luda criss takes the title hands down.
Rakim is one of the guys who can make you pounce without a beat just by the way he writes his lyrics, while big pun's choice of words, along with his speed, makes him special in his way
and to end this list, i have to mention Eminem, coz love him or hate him, the guy is good and thats that

LOL, i dont think you understand what flow is, it does'nt mean the faster you can spit the better flow you have.

Big Pun is and Rakim are the only one's there that are even close. As for Eminem as talented as he is he has'nt produced it often enough since Marshall Mathers LP for my money.

This does'nt mean Krayzie, Busta and Royce are not great because they are it's just the greatness of Big is only matched by very few.

And those will be in my post tomorrow in greater detail Smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:59 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
zizzle wrote:well maybe Big's flow was special back in his days, but judging by today's standards he wouldnt look as good as people rate him

LOL, i dont think you understand what flow is, it does'nt mean the faster you can spit the better flow you have.

Big Pun is and Rakim are the only one's there that are even close. As for Eminem as talented as he is he has'nt produced it often enough since Marshall Mathers LP for my money.

This does'nt mean Krayzie, Busta and Royce are not great because they are it's just the greatness of Big is only matched by very few.

lol @ ur lol. i said switching speed and flow, read better next time
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:04 am

zizzle wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

lol @ ur lol. i said switching speed and flow, read better next time

Nah i was basing my LOL at people you named and majority of them spit faster than Big but imo they dont flow nowhere near as where as Big did......

And he switched up his style often ok it renamed the same languid laid back way but it was different in each song.

When you flow so seamlessly between each verse you dont need to spit 48 bars.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:06 am

Wow, lol, at some of the sh1t being said in here.

B.I.G. is average, Wu-Tang are overrated? B.I.G.'s lyrics were nothing special? BIG was one of the greatest story tellers to do it, when he rapped certain songs you pictured everything clearly. Listen to Warning specifically. Gimme The Loot, Suicidal Thoughts, I Got A Story To Tell are also some of his best tracks at painting a picture in your mind. Not only that, he was above average lyrically, and he had many different styles, he'd do a mainstream track, a dark gritty track, a funny track, and a great-lyrical track like Notorious Thugs. He only made two albums but they're both undisputed classics. He's top 2 DOA.

And Wu-Tang are a top 5 hip hop group of all time, along with EPMD, NWA, Outkast, ATCQ. They are probably the most influential out of those 5 as well, they spawned tons of different styles.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:11 am

dmize wrote:Wow, lol, at some of the sh1t being said in here.

B.I.G. is average, Wu-Tang are overrated? B.I.G.'s lyrics were nothing special? BIG was one of the greatest story tellers to do it, when he rapped certain songs you pictured everything clearly. Listen to Warning specifically. Gimme The Loot, Suicidal Thoughts, I Got A Story To Tell are also some of his best tracks at painting a picture in your mind. Not only that, he was above average lyrically, and he had many different styles, he'd do a mainstream track, a dark gritty track, a funny track, and a great-lyrical track like Notorious Thugs. He only made two albums but they're both undisputed classics. He's top 2 DOA.

And Wu-Tang are a top 5 hip hop group of all time, along with EPMD, NWA, Outkast, ATCQ. They are probably the most influential out of those 5 as well, they spawned tons of different styles.

Dmize is here, finally someone that know's what he's talking about........

Speaking of dark gritty tracks it dont get no more dark or gritty than this.....

I know i have posted it twice but is dat damn good and here's a mainstream track for ya......

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:13 am

you look so good (uh) id suck on your daddys dick" - biggie - me and my bitch

"dont you know my nigga gutta fuckin kidnap kids frak em in they ass throw em over the bridge" - biggie - whats beef

Biggie wasn't especially above average lyrically. Could tell a mean story, def not top 5 when there are many more complete and greater rappers.

top 2 DOA ?

I guess 2pac and Eminem and Nas and Lupe are stuck in the middle between life and death.

50 might not make it, but he is one of the most influential rapper of all time.

I disagree 150% about Banks, if you guys have heard ALL his mixtapes and ALL his albums, dude is most consistent rapper of all time after 2pac and Nas.

Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:17 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Dmize is here, finally someone that know's what he's talking about........

Speaking of dark gritty tracks it dont get no more dark or gritty than this.....

I know i have posted it twice but is dat damn good and here's a mainstream track for ya......

Thumbs up Nice, yeah, both great tracks.

Can't believe we have to CONVINCE people of BIG's greatness, lol.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:20 am

ali8775 wrote:

"dont you know my nigga gutta fuckin kidnap kids frak em in they ass throw em over the bridge" - biggie - whats beef

Biggie wasn't especially above average lyrically. Could tell a mean story, def not top 5 when there are many more complete and greater rappers.

top 2 DOA ?

I guess 2pac and Eminem and Nas and Lupe are stuck in the middle between life and death.

I disagree 150% about Banks, if you guys have heard ALL his mixtapes and ALL his albums, dude is most consistent rapper of all time after 2pac and Nas.

Lupe and Banks better than Biggie? and fiddy one of the most influetial rapper of all time?

Even Eminem is'nt in Biggie's league.

Your really showing your age here kid, the fact is if majority of the people you consider to be top 10 were around in the 90s

They would be working in maccy d's.

I hate to offend people like this but the fail in this thread is beyond comprehendsion.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:23 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

top 2 DOA ?

Lupe and Banks better than Biggie? and fiddy one of the most influetial rapper of all time?

Your really showing your age here kid, the fact is if majority of the people you consider to be top 10 were around in the 90s

I hate to offend people like this but the fail in this thread is beyond comprehendsion.

Eminem has 3 classics at least , and a couple great other ones

Lupe has 2 classics as well .

Biggie ?

at the end of the day it all comes down to opinion really

I'm not gonna downplay Biggie or the impact hes had on hip hop, he was a legend, but as a rapper he just doesn't make it for me.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:25 am

ali8775 wrote:

top 2 DOA ?

Yeah, top 2 DOA as in. 1. 2pac 2. BIG

And yes, Biggie was above average lyrically. Ask any actual rap fan.

And all the rappers you named have garbage bars too. And if you wanna get into it because he made a gay lyric, well Eminem's the king of that. "i been lying my ass off, All this time, me and Dre been f*cking with hats off" 50 too; "Yayo grab the condoms we in room 112".

Either way, all rappers have bars that aren't good... Doesn't really prove much.

FWIW, here's my top 10 DOA
1. 2pac
2. BIG
3. Nas
4. Eminem
5. Cam'Ron
6. Jay-Z
7. Big Daddy Kane
8. Big L
9. Ice Cube
10. Rakim

thats off the top but I dont think Im forgetting anyone
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:28 am

CAM'RON?!!?! well opinion opinion

how is Big > Nas ?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:29 am

ali8775 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

top 2 DOA ?

Eminem has 3 classics at least , and a couple great other ones

Lupe has 2 classics as well .

Biggie ?

at the end of the day it all comes down to opinion really

I'm not gonna downplay Biggie or the impact hes had on hip hop, he was a legend, but as a rapper he just doesn't make it for me.

Biggie only did 2 albums, but they were 2 of the best album's history ffs

Lupe did one great album, but not a classic.

Eminem did 2 classic's but they were still nowhere near Ready to Die or Life After Death.

Also Eminem's album's have been pretty poor since Marshall Mathers LP.

Ofcourse it is down to opinion but comparing people like Lupe with Biggie is like comparing Shola Ameobi with Lionel Messi. Rolling Eyes
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:34 am

The Cool not a classic ? F&L not a classic ?

Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP, Eminem Show .

3 classics.

Encore was Garbage.

Relapse & infinite were good

Recovery was GREAT

so just cuz his only 2 albums were classcis doesn't mean that he is the greatest. Look at what Pac did in the same years he did.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:35 am

Also, I don't believe in top 10s, they're basically , who is the top 10 hottest to you at that moment

EDIT: Just to change the subject , have any of you heard HOPSIN? He's so sick , might be freshman of the year next year. Has anyone heard Nocturnal Rainbows ?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:37 am

ali8775 wrote:CAM'RON?!!?! well opinion opinion

how is Big > Nas ?

Lol @ questioning Cam'Ron, yet I'm sure you co-sign Big L.

Cam's been in the game since 93-94, started Children of the Corn(im sure you've never heard of) with Big L/Bloodshed/Mase, one of the most lyrical groups of all-time. He was as lyrical as Big L was in the CotC days. Not too mention he released Purple Haze and Come Home With Me, both classic CD's. Started one of the best modern hip-hop groups in Dipset/Diplomats, which released DI 1 and 2, which are great, I won't go as far as saying classic but they're close. I could go on and on.

Most likely you've only heard the Cam'ron of the last few years though, where he lost most of his hunger(lyrically at least), he still puts out good music though.

And Nas has released duds; Nastradamus, Hip-Hop is Dead, Untitled.

Last edited by dmize on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:42 am

ali8775 wrote:Also, I don't believe in top 10s, they're basically , who is the top 10 hottest to you at that moment

EDIT: Just to change the subject , have any of you heard HOPSIN? He's so sick , might be freshman of the year next year. Has anyone heard Nocturnal Rainbows ?

Nah, if I would have said this is my top 10 right now if that was the case, which is different than my top 10 all-time.

Anyways I think either Dom Kennedy, Stalley, or Theophilus London will end up Freshman of the year. If I had to pick I'd say Dom Kennedy.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:46 am

ali8775 wrote:Also, I don't believe in top 10s, they're basically , who is the top 10 hottest to you at that moment

I agree with that i often change my top 10.

F&L was not a classic, it was a great album it got hyped because it was a debut album, in no way was it a classic.

Eminem Show was not a classic it was good, Recovery was a pop album ffs Laughing and besides it was'nt great.

All Eyez on Me, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, Ready To Die, Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Illmatic, 2001, The Chronic, Doggystyle, Death Certificate, AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, Low End Theory,Enter The Wu Tang: 36 Chambers etc etc

Are classics.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:47 am

Hip Hop Is Dead and Untitled duds?! Really?
I guess everyone has their opinions.

I guess I'll need to give Dom a listen, give me his best track and listen to Nocturnal Rainbows
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next