La Liga Matchday 22 | Huesca vs Real Madrid

+4
halamadrid2
Mr Nick09
Thimmy
The Demon of Carthage
8 posters

Go down

La Liga Matchday 22 | Huesca vs Real Madrid Empty La Liga Matchday 22 | Huesca vs Real Madrid

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:04 pm

La Liga Matchday 22 | Huesca vs Real Madrid 16125270124610
Venue: Alcoraz
Sat, 06/02/21   |  4:15 PM
Referee: tbc

Injuries & Suspensions:
 La Liga Matchday 22 | Huesca vs Real Madrid Latex11
Squad List:

Goalkeepers: Courtois, Lunin et Altube.
Defenders: Varane, Nacho, Marcelo, Odriozola, F. Mendy et Chust.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modrić, Casemiro et Marvin.
Strikers: Benzema, Asensio, Vini Jr. et Mariano.

Probable lineup: Courtois; Odriozola, Varane, Nacho, Mendy; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Asensio, Benzema, Vinicius

Real Madrid La Liga form: LWDWD
Huesca La Liga form: WDLLL
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

La Liga Matchday 22 | Huesca vs Real Madrid Empty Re: La Liga Matchday 22 | Huesca vs Real Madrid

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:12 pm

HT.

I regret watching it, and if you guys still haven't, don't bother tuning in.

It was like watching the same thing on repeat: pass the ball around and cross from the wings. Nothing else.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

La Liga Matchday 22 | Huesca vs Real Madrid Empty Re: La Liga Matchday 22 | Huesca vs Real Madrid

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:27 pm

1-1.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:52 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:HT.

I regret watching it, and if you guys still haven't, don't bother tuning in.

It was like watching the same thing on repeat: pass the ball around and cross from the wings. Nothing else.

I think most of could’ve guessed that. Ole out! hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:28 pm

Solid win, nothing more.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:58 pm

Mendy is tragically bad. Out
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:22 pm

How many crossses did it take today
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:55 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Solid win, nothing more.
I wish I was as positive and looked at life the way as you look at madrid

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:42 pm

Clutch wrote:
I am sure this feeling is the same for many. When the team wins I have a good weekend, when they don’t, it fees shitty lol and it almost sounds silly to say “my team lost so I’m gonna be pissed for a while”

I have already accepted that we are in a transition and good things will come later. We won la liga last year so that fills the coffers for a while. The only thing I don’t want to see is another 3-4 years of doing nothing. Otherwise, I know how this team is gonna play, I know what to expect, and I can only be positively surprised. It’s just a matter of what your expectations are really.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:32 am

Exactly.

It's a win. That's all that matters at the moment.

To be fair, was some beautiful build up and passing in the first half. The team was unlucky not to score.

Modric was playing like ballon d'or albeit against a bottom of the table team.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:46 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Clutch wrote:
I am sure this feeling is the same for many. When the team wins I have a good weekend, when they don’t, it fees shitty lol and it almost sounds silly to say “my team lost so I’m gonna be pissed for a while”

I have already accepted that we are in a transition and good things will come later. We won la liga last year so that fills the coffers for a while. The only thing I don’t want to see is another 3-4 years of doing nothing. Otherwise, I know how this team is gonna play, I know what to expect, and I can only be positively surprised. It’s just a matter of what your expectations are really.

Well, sure that's a clever way to dissociate Madrid from blame. Politicians do that all the time. They try to lower the general public's expectations so when their initial campaign promises don't pan out, nobody holds them to account.

I also don't share the same feeling as you and I don't think there are many who do, contrary to what you claimed. I mean, just by reading the comments here, most Madrid posters know that the club is not being managed in the best of ways  and the policy they are so stubbornly sticking to isn't bringing them the results they were initially hoping for.

You also claim that we are still in transition, but I'm not sure it's still a valid excuse. Ronaldo left us three years ago, Nick. Three years. That was exactly the time it took Klopp to turn Liverpool into a European heavyweight. During that time, Madrid kept on playing veterans and wasting a lot of money buying players they later sold. And if you try to compare the team that we had three years ago to the one we have now, you'll realize the difference between the two is minuscule.

Clearly the club doesn't think they are still in transition, and even if they were, they are certainly not doing anything to get out of it.

But even if we were to assume for the sake of the argument that we are still in transition, Madrid has no excuse under the sun not to win the league this year. Yes, I don't rate Madrid and I don't think we are elite anymore, but I do still think that the team is strong enough to win this weak league and not be 7 points behind a shitty team with 2 games in hand.

The fact that we are in this dire position with no visible light at the end of the tunnel after spending north of €300m proves clearly that the management has royally fucked up. And of course I'm not going to put the blame entirely on Zidane or the players. But if Madrid fails to win the league this year, in a just world, many heads should roll at the end of the season starting from the president all the way down to the manager. Because guess what? This club deserves to be managed better.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:48 pm

Every club goes through a down time! You have just raved about the resurrection of Liverpool. How many years were they in a down period? A few years before Torres left them! That at least a decade. How about Man. U? And Arsenal? And Spurs? PSG and City were practically unknowns for decades, all of the Italians team have gone thru several down years.  Barca is worse off than Madrid, at least this year.
The only top team, i can think of is Bayern, at least in their leaque.
You seem to expect a CL every year!

I don’t think any of us are happy about how the season is going, but with all that is happening with aging players, youth either not performing or not given proper opportunities, injuries and Covid, it’s, as Nick says, lowering your expectations.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:50 pm

Like I said we won la liga last year, so I would say that we are not doing so bad. I think the same people you are criticizing brought records to Madrid that I didn’t think I would see in my lifetime, so I give them the time to figure things out.

Why is there so much anger on this board? I don’t know but I have a feeling we are different generations of fans. I have been around GL since the times that we truly sucked. We overcame that we won a lot and now you think I am going to lose my mind over what is happening today? No.

We won a major trophy just a year ago; we had a legendary generation and note we got the down cycle; to me I see that we are in a clear transition, I accept that. Things are gonna get better, I trust the people running the club and I respect the choices they make; there are things I don’t agree with but all things considered we are at a good place to build forward
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:01 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Every club goes through a down time! You have just raved about the resurrection of Liverpool. How many years were they in a down period? A few years before Torres left them! That at least a decade. How about Man. U? And Arsenal? And Spurs? PSG and City were practically unknowns for decades, all of the Italians team have gone thru several down years.  Barca is worse off than Madrid, at least this year.
The only top team, i can think of is Bayern, at least in their leaque.
You seem to expect a CL every year!

I used Liverpool as an example to prove to you that the so-called transitional period is only as long as you want it to be. They wasted many years post-Rafa trying to rebuild and bring the club back to its glory days and failed miserably through a series of bad decisions and crappy transfer deals.

But because they appointed the right man for the job later, they got out of that "transition" in three years time. Do you think they would be where they are today if they had kept Dalglish or Hudgson?

I have nothing against being in transition, that's how things work in this world and every club goes through a similar period every now and then. However, what I'm absolutely against is the idea of getting so comfortable with the transition to the point it becomes the norme for you, to the point that you start lowering your expectations and accepting things that you normally would not. That's dangerous and that's exactly what's happening with the club right now.

Whether you choose to admit or not, Madrid has had enough time and money post-Ronaldo to build a team from the ground up and be fairly strong. But because they chose to follow a transfer policy they clearly can't carry out correctly, they haven't advanced one inch in three years. And that's because they are being led by a president who has made many mistakes in recent years and a manager who simply can't develop young talent.

You said that I want Madrid to win a CL every year. Nonsense! What I want is for the team to be strong enough not to get bitchslapped by Ajax and a crappy City side in the round of 16, especially after spending €300m.

And please stop gloating about winning La Liga. A monkey could've won it last year. Same thing for this year by the way. So the fact that we're 7 points behind a shitty Atlético side with two games in hand further proves my point that Madrid is being led by the wrong people.

Winning such a weak league should be a straightforward thing for Madrid considering how weak Barça and Atlético have become. In fact, not winning it would be an embarrasment all things considered.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down