M99
rincon
BarrileteCosmico
Young Kaz
Lord Spencer
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads Empty The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads

Post by Lord Spencer Thu May 28, 2020 11:35 am

It came, it saw, and it sure as hell bloody conquered. With its entry into the console race, the electronic giant, Sony, was a pro athlete competing against high school kids. Not only did Sony convincingly "win" the 5th generation console wars, it forever changed the gaming landscape. At least, it started the change which was finalized with Sega's exit with the Dreamcast.

Simply put, Sony managed to grab all the momentum of the SNES and run with it, expanding gaming into a worldwide phenomenon. Selling better than the N64 in both North America and Japan, but also selling over 10M units in the rest of the world.

Sony did this by having the largest quantity of quality games, with most of the star publishers on the SNES migrating to the PS1. It had an early start to the N64 and managed to get exclusivity deals with major publishers. Also, the 5th generation is where 3D gaming exploded, and Sony's console was better at it than the Sega Saturn which released at the same time.

Unlike the Saturn, I actually owned a PS1 growing up and played many games on it. Therefore, I won't review many games that I normally review because I already played them before. Yet, because of the extensive size of the PS1s library, there are actually many good games that I never played.

The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads 215528-591933-PS1Logojfif-noscale

As such, a top 100 list for the system is not sufficient for the system. Still, I struggled to find a top 200 list. As such, I looked at the top 100 lists from Retro Sanctuary and supplemented it with other sources, bring the list up to 200 games.

The priority for the listing goes to Retro Sanctuary since I used their lists in my other review blogs.

As always, I am going to review games that interest me from that list from the top. Like with my other review list, I am not going to review:

1. Games I already played.

2. Sports and Racing games; these genres have only gotten better with time.

3. Multiplayer Focused games, so that takes party and fighting games off the mix.

4. Genres and games that don't interest me at all, I am simply terrible at shmups.

Legend:

• Games in bold are games I am going to review.

• Games in bold italics are ones that I would ordinarily review but have already played before.

• Games in regular text are ones that I will not review. The reason I a not reviewing the game is in between the brackets.

• Games with S before them are supplements from the same series. I will play these games, but I will only review them to completion if I enjoy the game. In case the supplementary game is better than one included in the list, I will make it a priority to review it.

• Games with A before them are based on other than the Retro Sanctuary list.

The Retro Sanctuary List with Supplements:

• 100- Puzz Loop. (Puzzler)

• 99- Disruptor.

• 98- Gex: Enter the Gecko.

• S- Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko.

• 97- Vanark.

• 96- No One Can Stop Mr. Domino. (Multiplayer-focused)

• 95- Madden NFL 2000. (Sport)

• 94- Return Fire. (Multiplayer-focused)

• 93- Roll Away.

• 92- Wild 9.

• 91- Syndicate Wars. (The PC Port is better)

• 90- Jet Moto 3. (Racing)

• 89- Bloody Roar 2. (Fighting)

• 88- Team Buddies. (Multiplayer-focused)

• 87- Speed Freaks. (Multiplayer-focused)

• 86- NHL 2000. (Sport)

• 85- Real Bout Dominated Mind. (Fighting)

• 84- Silhouette Mirage.

• 83- Worms Armageddon. (The PC Port is better)

• 82- Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. (Racing)

• 81- Doom. (The PC version is better)

• 80- Alundra.

• S- Alundra 2.

• 79- Rollcage Stage 2. (Racing)

• 78- Star Ocean: The Second Story. (Remastered for the PSP)

• 77. RayCrisis. (Shmup)

• 76- Smash Court 2. (Sport)

• 75- Breath of Fire 4.

• S- Breath of Fire 3.

• 74. Vigilante 8 2nd Offence.

• 73. Mr. Driller. (Puzzler)

• 72- Micro Machines V3. (Multiplayer-focused)

• 71- MDK.

• 70- ISS Pro Evolution. (Sport)

• 69- Gradius Gaiden. (Shmup)

• 68- Klonoa.

• 67- Point Blank. (Rail Shooter)

• 66- G Darius. (Shmup)

• 65- Future Cop LAPD.

• 64- Fear Effect 2.

• S- Fear Effect.

• 63- Oddworld: Abe's Exodus.

• 62- Parappa the Rapper.

• 61- Warcraft 2: Dark Saga. (The PC version is better)

• 60- Suikoden II.

• S- Suikoden.

• 59- Tomba 2.

• S- Tomba.

• 58- Dead or Alive. (Fighting)

• 57- Tenchu 2.

• S- Tenchu.

• 56- Exhumed. (The PC version is better)

• 55- TOCA Touring Cars. (Racing)

• 54- Spider-Man.

• 53- Soul Blade. (Fighting)

• 52- Colony Wars Vengeance.

• 51- X-Com: Terror from the Deep. (The PC version is better)

• 50- Einhander. (Shmup)

• 49- Rival Schools. (Fighting)

• 48- Devil Dice. (Puzzler)

• 47- Mega Man X4.

• S- Mega Man X5.

• S- Mega Man X6.

• 46- Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and Innocent Sin.

• 45- Silent Bomber. (Arcade-style)

• 44- Dino Crisis 2.

• S- Dino Crisis.

• 43- DoDonPachi. (Shmup)

• 42- Valkyrie Profile.

• 41- Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation. (Dreamcast version is better)

• S- Tomb Raider.

• S- Tomb Raider II.

• S- Tomb Raider III.

• 40- Darkstalkers 3. (Fighting)

• 39- Rayman 2. (Dreamcast version is better)

• 38- Time Crisis. (Rail Shooter)

• 37- R-Type Delta. (Shmup)

• 36- Syphon Filter 2.

• S- Syphon Filter.

• S- Syphon Filter 3.

• 35- Threads of Fate.

• 34- Super Puzzle Fighter. (Puzzler)

• 33- Tobal 2. (Fighting)

• 32- Final Fantasy Tactics. (Remastered for the PSP).

• 31- Colin Mcrae Rally 2.0. (Racing)

• 30- Quake II. (The PC version is better)

• 29- Grandia.

• 28- Kurushi Final. (Puzzler)

• 27- Crash Team Racing.

• 26- Front Mission 3.

• 25- Spyro: Year of the Dragon. (Remade for Current-Gen Consoles)

• S- Spyro the Dragon. (Remade for Current-Gen Consoles)

• S- Spyro: Ripto's Rage. (Remade for Current-Gen Consoles)

• 24- Wipeout 3 Special Edition. Racing

• 23- Silent Hill.

• 22- Command & Conquer: Red Alert. (The PC version is better)

• 21- Vagrant Story.

• 20- Medal of Honor: Underground.

• 19- Street Fighter Alpha 3. (Fighting)

• 18- Grand Theft Auto 2.

• 17- Tony Hawk's Skateboarding 2. (Sport)

• 16- Final Fantasy IX.

• 15- Crash Bandicoot: Warped.

• S- Crash Bandicoot.

• S- Crash Bandicoot: Cortex Strikes Back.

• 14- Chrono Cross.

• 13- Driver.

• 12- Resident Evil 2.

• S- Resident Evil. (Remade for the GameCube)

• S- Resident Evil 3.

• 11- Final Fantasy VIII.

• 10- Civilization II. (The PC version is better)

• 9- Ape Escape.

• 8- Ridge Race Type 4. (Racer)

• 7- Soul Reaver. (Dreamcast version is better).

• 6- Xenogears.

• 5- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

• 4- Tekken 3.

• 3- Final Fantasy VII.

• 2- Gran Turismo 2. (Racing)

• 1- Metal Gear Solid.

Additional Games Compiled from Other Lists with Supplements:

• A80- Theme Hospital.

• A79- LEGO Racers.

• A78- 40 Winks.

• A77- Chicken Run.

• A76- Bomberman Wars.

• A75- Tail Concerto.

• A74- Battle Hunter.

• A73- Eternal Eyes.

• A72- Monkey Hero.

• A71- Blaster Master: Blasting Again.

• A70- Chaos Break.

• A69- Dragon Valor.

• A68- Carnage Heart.

• A67- Glover. (N64 version is better).

• A66- Croc: Legend of Gobbos.

• A65- Vanguard Bandits.

• A64- Thousand Arms.

• A63- Clock Tower II.

• S- Clock Tower.

• A62- Saiyuki.

• A61- Saga Frontier.

• A60- Legend of Mana.

• A59- Kartia.

• A58- Guardian's Crusade.

• A57- Chocobo's Dungeon 2.

• A56- Incredible Crisis.

• A55- Brigandine.

• A54- King's Field III.

• S- King's Field II.

• A53- Mega Man Legends 2.

• S- Mega Man Legends.

• A52- Wild Arms.

• S- Wild Arms 2.

• A51- Monster Rancher.

• S- Monster Rancher 2.

• A50- Little Big Adventure.

• A49- Discworld Noir.

• A48- Harvest Moon.

• A47- Skullmonkeys.

• A46- Nectaris: Military Madness (Strategy)

• A45- MediEvil II.

• S- MediEvil. (Remade for Current-Gen Consoles)

• A44- Pac-Man World.

• A43- Shadow Madness.

• A42- Bust A Groove.

• A41- Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror.

• A40- Tales of Destiny II.

• S- Tales of Destiny.

• A39- Kagero: Deception II. (Multiplayer Focused)

• A38- Dragon Warrior VII. (Remade for the 3DS)

• A37- Brave Fencer Musashi.

• A36- In the Hunt. (Shmup)

• A35- Zanac X Zanac. (Shmup)

• A34- One.

• A33- Rampage World Tour.

• A32- (C-12) Final Resistance.

• A31- LSD Dream Emulator.

• A30- In Cold Blood.

• A29- Crusader: No Remorse. (The PC version is better)

• A28- Rapid Reload.

• A27- Fighting Force. (Beat-em-Up)

• A26- Metal Slug X.

• A25- Arc the Lad Collection.

• A24- Jade Cocoon.

• A23- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.

• A22- The Misadventures of Tron Bonne.

• A21- Galerians.

• A20- Tempest X 3. (Puzzler)

• A19- Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete.

• S- Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete.

• A18- Strider 2.

• A17- Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. (Remastered for the PSP)

• A16- Vandal Hearts.

• S- Vandal Hearts 2.

• A15- Ehrgeiz. (Fighting)

• A14- Heart of Darkness.

• A13- The Legend of Dragoon.

• A12- Twisted Metal 2.

• S- Twisted Metal.

• A11- Jumping Flash.

• A10- Bust-A-Move 4. (Puzzler)

• A9- Legend of Legaia.

• A8- G-Police. (Early FPS)

• A7- Bishi Bashi Special (Minigame collection)

• A6- Ghost in the Shell.

• A5- Bushido Blade. (Fighting)

• A4- Die Hard Trilogy.

• A3- Policenauts.

• A2- Vib Ribbon. (Rhythm)

• A1- Parasite Eve II.

• S- Parasite Eve.

Requested Reviews:

•  

Notice how many games can be put in a top PS1 games list, and I still see room for more games I played ane enjoyed but don't see here. Considering the massive number of games I am planning to review, I am going to set a rule for myself.

If I am not enjoying a game within 5 hours of playing it, then I am going to write a quick-fire negative review with a score below 5. If I start disliking my time with a game after 10 hours, then I am going to write a more detailed quick-fire review, with a score of 5 or 6.

The compilation reports are going to be based on the Retro Sanctuary list only, but I may consider reporting on the other games as well. Note that I disagree about the placement of games on the Retro Sanctuary list, and I think there are notable omissions as well. Games like Lunar I&II Complete, Wild Arms 2, Arc the Lad Collection, Tales of Destiny II, Twisted Metal, and Harvest Moon definitely deserve a spot on that list.

Outside of List Reviews:

This list is only based on the Retro Sanctuary list as well as other lists and supplementary games considering the breadth of each franchise. As such, this extensive list of over 200 games might be missing some lesser-known games. As always, I welcome any suggestion of games I should be playing, whether they are on the list or outside of it.

Please note if any of the games above that I am thinking of playing are worth it in any way. Games in bold I will review unless someone gives me a compelling reason not to.

Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads Empty Re: The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads

Post by Lord Spencer Sat May 30, 2020 6:20 pm

Game: Disruptor.
Year: 1996.
Genre: Doom-Style FPS.
Publisher: Universal Interactive Studios.
Developer: Insomniac Games.

The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads Disruptor-NTSC-PSX-FRONT

First things first, I am changing my rating system to a simpler 10 point system. Games that get above a 7 I fully recommend, and those that get below that are mostly a waste of time. That leaves the score of 7 to depend on your taste

Disruptor is a competent Doom-like FPS with little to deviate it from the scores of such games. It is worth remembering only as a footnote in the development history of Insomniac Games, which started with this unremarkable game and then went on to become a powerhouse developer.

"Walk softly and carry a big stick"

Games in the 5th generation started to have more of a narrative focus, and games like Disruptor could not avoid having a story. This time, the story is revealed through poorly acted FMVs before any mission. To be fair, maybe it is not fair to comment on the acting ability of the cast since the stilted dialogue with its insanely high catch-phrase to exposition ratio wouldn't be flattering to any actor.

The basis of the genric story is that you are one of a special corps of soldiers who can control Psionic abilities "which can be surgically embedded in 10 minutes". As such a soldier, you go into several generic missions in a generic world using generic weapons and abilities.

Storytelling shouldn't be focused only on a threadbare narrative but should be part of every facet in the game world's design, in order to have a visual narrative that is oftentimes more important in videogames.

"Just remember, think fast, shoot fast, and kick ass"

As a Doom-style FPS, the gameplay is focused more on movement than aiming with vertical aiming being locked, so there is no need for camera control. Instead, you will need to strafe around enemies, escaping their shots as if in a Bullet Hell game.

The speed of movement and the firepower options you have is very good. It is a fluid system, with many different weapons useful for different enemies and circumstances.

The best thing about the gameplay is the Psionic abilities you slowly unlock as you progress the game. While none are big game changers, acting morel like secondary weapons than an all-powerful tool, they do add a different layer to the combat and level progression.

While ammo and health are uncovered by exploring the levels, there are no pick-ups for Psionic abilities. Instead, you must use a "drain" Psionic attack on an enemy before dispatching them and causing them to drop more energy. This adds another resource management element to the gameplay that keeps it from getting comfortably boring.

"You call healing from a psionic implant a vacation"

Of course, you are still bound to be bored by the game's lackluster levels and lackluster mission design. While each mission nominally has a different objective, all are linear affairs with the same gameplay loop with one or two exceptions.

For instance, one level attempts to force a full-utilization of Psionic powers only to cave in at the start and offer weapon drops. Of course, that;s the correct decesion to make since Psionic powers are not balanced to be your primary offensive force.

Overall, I was very bored with the game by the end, which is mercifully not too long. I think that the length is actually decent considering the standards at the time.

"You will be facing organic enemies this time. So hunt for the Phase rifle and cook them until they are well-done"

Graphically, the game was originally designed with the 3DO in mind but soon migrated to the PS1 when that console proved to be a dud. I don't know how it was supposed to look on the 3DO, but it looks decently find on the PS1.

It's not an ugly game, but it is soo unremarkable to look at, that you may actually wish for it to have any unique ugliness to it. The graphics are well-done, and the effect sprites are well-drawn, but there is little visual consistency in the world, so much that every level looks like it came fro ma different Doom clone.

This is fully encapsulated by the boring FMV scenes, which could conceivably be the work of an amateur middle-school film fan.

Ironically, the music is where the game excels at, and due to an excellent soundtrack. While the soundtrack itself is good, the way the music changes throughout the level, depending on the gameplay context, is actually foreshadowing future music design in FPS games.

In Conclusion:

As an unremarkable game, made by a studio that would become an excellent studio Disruptor proves that great things can indeed start from humble beginnings.

Also, to be fair, a competent Doom-like game in 1996 was a rarity on the PS1, and maybe that's all the game need to be highly regarded at the time, while it is merely a historical footnote today.

Final: 5/10

Pros:

• A competent Doom-like shooter.

Cons:

• Doesn't have much to separate it from all the other competent Doom-like shooters.
  • Having a bad story is sometimes worse than having no story.

"Tips"
1-To make sharp turns, strafe in the opposite direction of the turn while making a turn.
2-Mix weapons and Psionic abilities for maximum efficiency.
3-The drain Psionic ability can help you recover some Psionic energy.

"Next Game"

We begin the PS1 reviews series with a game made by Insomniac, the newest studio acquired by Sony and a studio that has shown consistent quality over the ages. If anything, Disruptor
proved they could make a competent videogame, even if there is nothing on Earth that should compel anyone to play it.

Next in the list is the first 3D game for the quintessential 90's mascot character, the ever-obnoxious Gex. The game being Gex: Enter the Gecko which sits are #98 in the Retro Sanctuary list.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads Empty Re: The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads

Post by Young Kaz Sun May 31, 2020 6:14 pm

This should be a very interesting thread. I do believe the PSONE represented the shift in video gaming for those of us who were 80's babies that really shifted how video games would exist going forward. It was an either or proposition back then. You were either a nintendo person or a sega person. When the playstation came out there was nothing immediately there to make you think it would beat Nintendo the way it did. Those of us in the know though figured out pretty quickly how bad nintendo screwed us. Even as a kid I'll just go on the record and say I didnt enjoy Mario 64. Sure, as I learned more about game development and engineering I grew to appreciate it in high school and college, but I didnt enjoy it.

My dad loved Castlevania. On the super nintendo he would sit for hours in front of the screen playing it. He'd get off work, and park it right in front of the screen. The love he had for that series was probably one of the defining things in me picking up programming as a hobby as a kid. He bought BOTH of them for the N64 and they were some of the most boring, poorly designed, and infuriating games I have probably ever played. They were expensive too and he really wanted to enjoy them but he couldnt. I remember like it was yesterday, and this was well over 20 years ago, him turning to me and handing me the remote and saying: " boy, I dont like video games anymore" and that was it. I dont think he has ever played another video game. Nintendo will probably never really know how many of us they burned with the N64 being such a clusterfuck.

I didnt stop because I knew kids at school who were getting a better example, I saw other games, and knew the PSOne just did it better. The chatter behind it make it a point of whether or not you were going to get a PS2 when it came out, but when you were going to get a PS2. The PS2 became the best selling video game console of all time because of the PSOne. It was just that dominant, and its pretty telling I was able to write such a long post about a system I NEVER PLAYED. I never had a PSOne and I never got to play one. Sure I watched other kids play, but what fun was it to play competitively on a game you had no experience with. The genius of Sony, and the PSOne, is that even though I never was able to play one I could still code for one. I was able to secure a PSone Development kit around the time the PS2 came out and was able to test a lot of things on it and really refine techniques I were able to reproduce on the Dreamcast development kit years later, and even still to this day with other consoles. Them going, almost, opensource with the hardware was a really good thing to a lot of aspiring developers. Especially with how expensive Development Kit hardware used to be when you found it on ebay or on bulletin boards.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:23 pm

Young Kaz wrote:This should be a very interesting thread. I do believe the PSONE represented the shift in video gaming for those of us who were 80's babies that really shifted how video games would exist going forward. It was an either or proposition back then. You were either a nintendo person or a sega person. When the playstation came out there was nothing immediately there to make you think it would beat Nintendo the way it did. Those of us in the know though figured out pretty quickly how bad nintendo screwed us. Even as a kid I'll just go on the record and say I didnt enjoy Mario 64. Sure, as I learned more about game development and engineering I grew to appreciate it in high school and college, but I didnt enjoy it.

My dad loved Castlevania. On the super nintendo he would sit for hours in front of the screen playing it. He'd get off work, and park it right in front of the screen. The love he had for that series was probably one of the defining things in me picking up programming as a hobby as a kid. He bought BOTH of them for the N64 and they were some of the most boring, poorly designed, and infuriating games I have probably ever played. They were expensive too and he really wanted to enjoy them but he couldnt. I remember like it was yesterday, and this was well over 20 years ago, him turning to me and handing me the remote and saying: " boy, I dont like video games anymore" and that was it. I dont think he has ever played another video game. Nintendo will probably never really know how many of us they burned with the N64 being such a clusterfuck.

I didnt stop because I knew kids at school who were getting a better example, I saw other games, and knew the PSOne just did it better. The chatter behind it make it a point of whether or not you were going to get a PS2 when it came out, but when you were going to get a PS2. The PS2 became the best selling video game console of all time because of the PSOne. It was just that dominant, and its pretty telling I was able to write such a long post about a system I NEVER PLAYED. I never had a PSOne and I never got to play one. Sure I watched other kids play, but what fun was it to play competitively on a game you had no experience with. The genius of Sony, and the PSOne, is that even though I never was able to play one I could still code for one. I was able to secure a PSone Development kit around the time the PS2 came out and was able to test a lot of things on it and really refine techniques I were able to reproduce on the Dreamcast development kit years later, and even still to this day with other consoles. Them going, almost, opensource with the hardware was a really good thing to a lot of aspiring developers. Especially with how expensive Development Kit hardware used to be when you found it on ebay or on bulletin boards.

I think the big virtue of the PS1 was that Sony basically did nothing.

They leveraged their extensive supply network and made CDs the medium of choice. Then they sat back as virtually all the major video game companies made excellent games in their system.

The N64 is actually where a lot of progress in game development was taking place, in terms of 3D modeling, camera control, analog control, open-world design, and other factors. Not enjoying Mario 64 is probably in the minority (Castlevania 64 in the other hand was always criticized).

On the PS1, it was only after the N64 came into the scene that the console truly started to shine, with most of is greatest games coming in 1997 and afterward.

Anyways, after I finish from the PS1, I will go ahead and review the N64, and I will be in a better position to judge the relative quality of their games.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:15 pm

The big virtue of the PS1 vs N64 is that since it used CDs the games were super easy to pirate, which made it the system of choice in developing countries like my own. A lot of corner stores used to sell games for super cheap. Only rich kids had N64s, but everyone had a PS1.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:16 pm

PS1 was incredible for RPGs (my favorite genre)

FF 7, 8, 9
FF tactics
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Legend of Legaia
Suikoden 2
Legend of Dragoon
Star Ocean 2
Mana games
The re-releases of the old FF games that most hadn't played

and I didn't even play tons of series back then other's would appreciate like Grandia, Wild Arms, SaGa, or Persona.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:17 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The big virtue of the PS1 vs N64 is that since it used CDs the games were super easy to pirate, which made it the system of choice in developing countries like my own. A lot of corner stores used to sell games for super cheap. Only rich kids had N64s, but everyone had a PS1.

This. I had like 3 legitimate games and like 100 pirated.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:20 pm

rincon wrote:PS1 was incredible for RPGs (my favorite genre)

FF 7, 8, 9
FF tactics
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Legend of Legaia
Suikoden 2
Legend of Dragoon
Star Ocean 2
Mana games
The re-releases of the old FF games that most hadn't played

and I didn't even play tons of series back then other's would appreciate like Grandia, Wild Arms, SaGa, or Persona.

such an underrated gem, shame about the ending
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:27 pm

Yeah, sadly never played Xenosaga.

I'm waiting for the Xenoblade definitive edition coming out next week to get into that series.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:02 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The big virtue of the PS1 vs N64 is that since it used CDs the games were super easy to pirate, which made it the system of choice in developing countries like my own. A lot of corner stores used to sell games for super cheap. Only rich kids had N64s, but everyone had a PS1.

Yep can confirm.

It went up to as far as last gen. Xbox 360 used HD DVD and not Blu Ray and was easier to pirate so most people in these countries used Xbox.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:58 pm

I wasn't a rich kid and i had an N64 and not a PS1 hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:10 pm

You are not from a developing country hmm
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:24 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I wasn't a rich kid and i had an N64 and not a PS1 hmm
Yeah you rich from where I come.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:35 pm

rincon wrote:You are not from a developing country hmm

Ah true enough that's fair.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:04 pm

That's actually a view I held fo a long time. I really wish someone does a study on the effect of piracy on spreading the PlayStation brand. For the entire duration of the PS1 ad PS2 eras, it dominated in most of the developing world while software sales were ridiculously behind. Now, with the PS3 and PS4, many of those places are actually buying original games as the price of games decreased with time (accounting for inflation)
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:58 am

The Saturn had an optical drive too and that didnt save it.

It was the fact that PSOne development kit could literally be plugged into any PC and used to work that way. It was a a stroke of genius.I wouldnt even say it was easier to develop for than the Saturn(which is a subjective metric anyway), but the fact that you could give your workers a dev kit, send them home, and they could produce at home to get the tedium out of the way outside of regular hours and keep production moving more than the standard 12 or so hours they were in office.

The games are the result of Playstation making their system a friendly envrionment for developers. Optical drive or not.

If we are being real you can do the exact same games on a saturn that you can do on the PSOne. The difference is one is completely developer friendly while the other isnt. Sega made you get this development kit(I never had the early one, but was able to get the Cartdev one after the saturn was long dead) and its a bitch to work with. Even as something as simple as mapping a 3d texture. On the playstation we were able to map these using triangles.  Everything is based on this. The geniuses at Sega based it on Quadrangles. So any sort of cutscene that would take a designer and 3 or so programmers per scene is now a big hassle because you gotta convert that, and guess what. Your programmers now need somebody whos gonna do ALL that math to push that quadrangle to triangle(or a quick conversion) and make it so that your programmers can do what would be simple with another way. The most telling example of this is Shenmue being in development on the saturn, and Yu Suzuki saying Fuck that shit and pulling out as soon as the dreamcast was announced.

That said though. When it was done right, Saturn 3d performance with a dual processor?  Gives you a better experience than a PSONE.

That shit just looks clean Proud

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:55 am

24- Wipeout 3 Special Edition. Racing

Probably my favorite game Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:38 am

Game: Gex: Enter the Gecko
Year: 1998.
Genre: 3D Platformer.
Publisher: Midway Games, Crystal Dynamics.
Developer: Crystal Dynamics.

The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads Gexcover

First things first, I am changing my rating system to a simpler 10 point system. Games that get above a 7 I fully recommend, and those that get below that are mostly a waste of time. That leaves the score of 7 to depend on your taste

Of all the videogae mascots born in the 90s, Gex has always been the one that most emobodied the spirit of the decade. With his saracastic humor and misuse of parody as a style, he was as obnoxious a 90s star as you can get.

Other than the character himself, the game he featured in were not unique, even it they were not actually bad. The first 2D platformer was a competent game that played well on the Saturn at a time where 3D platformers were ugly as sin.

Enter the Gecko was Gex's first foray into 3D platforming, and it works well. However, I am not sure "well" cuts it when there are so many better platformers than it.

"Looks like I am heading back to the Media Dimension. It's gonna be deja-ouch all over again"

Enter the Gecko (Gex 2) starts with a short CGI movie informing the player that Gex had to go back to the "Media Dimension" to defeat Rez, his old foe, all over again. Instead of crafting its own world and identity, Gex relies on parodying the TV focused popular culture of the day, and the Media Dimension servs as the hub area before he goes in each TV parody.

While there are multiple levels, they each are split between one of six themes: scary movies, cartoons, prehistoric movies, Kung-Fu movies, space, and something that resembles Tron. In theory, these locations should be a form of parody or humor, but I simply don't see enough wit in the design to illicit any such humor. What these location do provide is a varied, if not particularly impressive, visual motifs.

So its left to the wise-cracking gecko to carry the game's comedic chops, and the best you can say is that he tries very hard, and that the game is proud of that effort.

Touting over 700 unique catch-phrases as a selling point, the team apparently green-lit any phrase that they could, never stopping to ask if they should. While the comedic value of each utterance by Gex is debatable, the obnoxiousness of it is overbearing.

Still, that's actually the point and design of the character, and much of what he says is designed to illicit an eye-roll. Thankfully, the PS1 version has that 700 samples to choose from, so it rarely gets extremly repetetive.

Playing it on the N64 with its reduced audio capcaity (which allowed for only 100 voice sample) must have been extremly grating.

"Aaah, to see the world as Keith Richards does"

Jumping into a 3rd dimension in 1998 meant that Gex 2 already had a bunch of reference games to look at. Super Mario 64 and Crash Bandicoot both preceeded it by nearly two years, and other 3D platformers were released as well. In an already crowded genre, there is little that Gex 2 to seperate it from the crowd.

Gex's main tools are his tail, tongue, and ability to climb walls. The tail is just another twirling attack that is somehow much less useful than Crash's twirl, and the tongue is very much under-utilized. Needing a seperate button to activate, you imagine it would be very useufl. However, you only use the gun to swallow health or power-up flies in a frankly redundant action. To be fair, the tongue itself automatically activates as a hanging mechanic to compensate for the game's wonky jumping.

Wall climbing is where the game's most unique mechanic, and it isn't utilized enough to be ground-breaking, nor is it abused to the point of distraction.

One thing the game does well ,but not well-enough to avoid all issues, is with its camera system. With three camera control options, the game seemingly avoids all the issues related to 3D platforming auto-cameras. However, the game still wrests control from you even in manual camera mode, and the game is at its worst when you wrestle with the cameral for control.

Damn it, just let me control the camera myself in manual mode.

""I will beat this level, but in an hour, I will be hungry for another

The goal in each level is to get to the Red Remote at the end of each area. Most levels have more than one remote, each bieng in a different part of the level, while some ask you to find four or five collectibles before the Red Remote shows itself.

As the game progresses, the levels become harder and ore interesting. Ironically, once the game itself becomes more interesting, you starte getting bord of the reused assets and one-liners (even if the level itself changes).

Also, each level has one-hidden remote, and another that you get by collecting 120 "coins" in the level. These hidden remotes unlock some bonus stages, but that went beyond my engagment with the game.

Initially, I thought that all levels will require revisiting the same areas to get all Red Remotes. However, most levels actually have entierly seperate areas dedicated to each one.

To progress and reveal more levels, you need to both find enough Red Remotes to unlock later areas as well as fight some really basic bosses. Except, that is, one excellent boss which you fight like in a monster movie.

"It's all in the tongue baby!"

By the time they made Gex 2 Crystal Dynamic were already highly competent with 3D graphics through their experience with the Tomb Raider series, and it shows here. Gex himself looks great and animate really well, and the world's graphics are very good from a technical point of view.

Overall, of the six themes, four work really well while two have some issues. The Cartoon theme is ugly for most of the level, and the space theme is barren beyond reason (except in its great background art).

It's in its sound department where the game truly falters. Beyond the obnoxiousness of Gex's one-liners, the voice acting is good. However, when you combine it with repetetive and annoying sound effects, the result is something else. The beeping sound that rejects your assertion of camera control is the icing in the terrible cake.

Unfortunately, the soundtrack does nothing to take command of the situation, and instead is a mishmash of unattractive tunes and noises that is outside the norm in 3D platformers. This is surpsigins when you consider the soundtrack for the first Gex game was actually decent.

In Conclusion:

There s little, othere than the terrible sound effects and weak soundtrack, that is seriously wrong about Gex 2. It looks good, and plays well most of the time, and has a bunch of varied levels with the rare instances of an interesting mechanics.

However, its lack of major faults also betrays its lack of major merits, its "witty" and "sarcastic" one-liners notwithstanding.

Pros:

• A competent 3D Platformer

Cons:

• Doesn't have much to separate it from all the other competent 3D Platformers.
  • Really bad sound.

"Tips"
1-Collect enough (120) tokens in each level to find a bonus Remote.
2-Use the manual camera control mode.
3- Each time you go into a level, you can only get one Red Remote.

"Next Game"

I know that I played one Gex game as a kid, but I wasn't sure which, but now I know that it isn't Enter the Gecko, which would have been something I would have enjoyed then, but not so much now.

Next game i nmy review list is Gex 3: Undercover Gecko, which is the game that I probably played (but not completed) as a kid. I will play the game, and if I see any improvments on Gex 2, I will continue playing and review it as a supplement to the list. Otherwise, I am movign on to Vanark, which is at #97 in the Retro Sanctuary list.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:07 pm

#98 (S)

Game: Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko
Year: 1999.
Genre: 3D Platformer.
Publisher: Eidos Interactive.
Developer: Crystal Dynamics.

The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads File:Gex_3_box

Right on the tail (HA) of the last Gex game, Crystal Dynamics were busy crafting a sequel that would push the boundaries of the PlayStation console while opening new ground with their reptilian mascot.

It's arguable if they succeeded with their first objective, but it is clear that they failed with their second and more important objective. Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko was the last game featuring the obnoxious lizard, selling less than its predecessor and perhaps convincing its developers to drop the character.

Ironically, I think that caused Gex to end in a high note, because Gex 3 is the best game in the admittedly average series.

"Let's get it on!"

Not being content with his obnoxiousness simply being expressed in ludicrous number one-liners, the developers actually wanted to craft an actual storyline that reinforces that trait. Enter the abduction of Agent Xtra, a Baywatch actress with a prodigious cleavage. This very human agent was kidnapped by the evil and genric Rez, which is why Gex must go back into the Media Dimension to save the girl.

Being a kid at the time, I didn't actually understand the not-so-subtle hormonal angle being pushed by the game. However, hearing the way Gex fawns over the girl coupled with her suggestive tunes is horrific in a uniquely 90s way.

Of course, this extra "plot" has little bearing in the gameplay but is interesting in a historical sense.

What actually builds on the world of Gex is a much-improved level and world design. Starting with a hub area that looks like Gex's secret layer, levels are accessed through TVs as usual. This time though, each level has its own unique theme, reinforced by a different costume for Gex every time (Which thankfully hides his naked lizard body).

Like the past game, each theme is a pop-culture parody of sorts, but the improved level design allows that parody to hit home in a more entertaining way. Also, it allows the world to speak for the game without relying on Gex's one-liners as an ultimate crutch.

"I want to lick it, but my tongue will get stuck"

With an improved world comes a slightly improved gameplay. In reality, the mechanics are virtually unchanged from the first 3D Gex game, but a much-improved camera is a clear advancement. True, the camera still throws things off more than occasionally, but it a greater degree of control and a more forgiving layout means that it isn't as frustrating.

Each level has three remotes to collect, with one extra remote requiring that you find all 100 "Fly" tokens in the level. Half the time, the three remotes justify the repeated visits to each level. However, in the other half, all three remotes demand you redo the same actions and basically replay the level three times in the same manner, since you can only get one main remote at a time. The worst offender is the "Mythical Station" level which was just a terrible waste of time, which is not something the game shies away from.

This obvious in the way you get the secret fourth remote for each level. Since there are only 100 tokens in a level, getting the fourth remote means you must do all the activities to get the three remotes, which gets you all the tokens. Then, you must choose only one of the remotes before you go back into the level and get the other two remotes. This could have been avoided if the game saves the tokens you get every tie you attempt the level.

Thankfully, the game can be completed with only 30 remotes, which means you can skip the more obnoxious levels and not get the fourth remote in each level. Yet, it is always a bad sign when you are thankful for playing "less" of the game.

"There is my big, strong, Transformer"

To its credit, Gex 3 does try and shake things up quite a bit. Every level is truly different from the others. Some have quirky minigames to shake things up, snowboarding, and tank battles for example.

Others rely on a unique level structure. For example, one level parodying the famous "Jack and the Beanstalk" fable is very vertically focused. Another has three remotes each in a different linear path (Which makes getting the fourth remote a nightmare).

Outside of the main levels, there are bonus stages you can unlock by finding bonus coins, which are fun but not in any major way. Most recycle the basic mini-games from the main levels, while others introduce a small level with a time-collection challenge.

What's disappointing is that none of the bosses come close to match the great Gexzilla boss fight from Gex 2, as all of them were as boring to fight as they are to look at.

"The Pentagon spent 25 million dollars on this one level??!!"

As I said earlier, I am not sure if Gex 3 actually stretches the PlayStation to its limits. Visually, the game pales in comparison to the best looking 3D platformers on the N64, and its N64 port suffers accordingly.

Still, the game is a marked improvement on Gex 2, but that's mostly attributed to better and more consistent art design. This, for me, indicates how art is often more important than raw power in preserving the visual flourish of a game.

One element manifesting that improved direction is the costumes in each stage, which were included in the last game but have much better design and personality here.

Another area of great improvement is in the game's soundtrack, which is actually solid and suitable. Of course, that's not a big achievement considering the very poor soundtrack of Gex 2, and I won't include any tunes in my videogames playlist. Thankfully, the soundtrack is not as frequently interrupted by Gex's one-liners or the game's obnoxious sound effects.

In Conclusion:

When compared to the first 3D Gex game, this game is highly laudable. However, those two games do not exist in a vacuum. In hindsight, I was too generous on Gex 2, because even after much improvements, the game doesn't compare to the best 3D platformers of the day.

Simply, even when it is fun at times, it doesn't maintain that state for longe, eventually becoming as tired and repetitive as Gex's signature zingers.

Final: 7/10

Pros:

• A good 3D Platformer
  • Varied levels with different styles

Cons:

• There are still some camera issues
  • The game gets repetitive if you want to get all the remotes

"Tips"
1-Collect 100 Fly tokens in each level for one extra remote.
2-You will need to learn how to use the karate kick jump to cross long-distance pits.
3-Use the triangle button to activate the first-person view, which you will rarely need at some levels.
4-for example, you can use it to stare into a vampire picture and turn into a vampire.
5-Collect Gecko Paws to increase your life meter.
6-Costumes with capes (or jets) allow you to hover when you jump by using the crouch button.

"Next Game"

Obviously, the Retro Sanctuary list is mistaken by putting Gex 2 instead of Gex 3 on its list, even if its at only #98. This is a much better game and a marked improvement in every way.

Next in my reviews will be Vanark at #97, which is slightly worrying as I have heard nothing about before and it doesn't even have a Wikipedia page. Here is hoping for some fun.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:48 am

Game: Wild 9
Year: 1998.
Genre: Action Platformer.
Publisher: Interplay Production.
Developer: Shiny Entertainment.

The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads 44451-wild-9-playstation-front-cover

Made by some of the same people responsible for the Earthworm Jim series, Wild 9 already had a pedigree for zany worlds and unique humor behind it. Yet, that didn't transfer in any meaningful way to the game.

In fact, this actually exposed the design weakness of the team which was usually masked by Earthworm Jim's uniqueness.

"Any careless Bonehead not watching their step near floor grinders will find themselves in a world of hurt"

Apparently, this game was boneheaded enough to go into a floor grinder, because the end result is a mangled mess. Here is a game that attempts to encompass the "attitude era" of the 90s, but instead fails at building any meaningful style to it.

Firstly, seven or eight levels in, I have no idea what the game is about. Apparently, you control a character named Wex who goes into what looks like planets to save some of his friends who were captured by the main villain, Karn.

In theory, each character you save has a unique design and personality, but the game shows you none of that. There is no dialogue except the advice bubbles you occasionally find and the terrible catchphrases uttered by the game's hero.

In the absence of a written narrative, you would look for the world's design and game progress to provide a story of sorts. Tough luck, because there is little of that here. Outside of the loading screens, there is no visual consistency in the world's design nor is there any physical storytelling going on.

To be fair, this issue is probably compounded by the terrible graphics, which look worse in the 2.5D mode the game employs. Everything looks bland and brown and nothing has the visual splendor and great animation of the Earthworm Jim series.

Just to make things worse, the game's soundtrack is a forgettable space-inspire jumble whose sole advantage is to mask the horrible sound effects the game emits.

"Karn has set nasty traps all over the place, the spike pit is one of the nastiest"

Karn's nastiest trap is not actually the spike pits but the act of playing this game itself. This ironic because one of the game's "selling points" is the ability to torture your enemies. Yet, it is the player that the game in fact tortures.

At first glance, the game is simply a clunkier Action-Platformer. However, the game's main hook is something that affects the entire experience, degrading it way beyond its clunkiness could ever do.

Wex's signature ability is to use a beam that extends a little distance out of his arm to grab enemies. Once grabbed, you can move around with these enemies, or you could smash them in the ground. Both movement and smashing are controlled by the directional buttons, and as such, you can imagine how confusing that can get.

What makes it egregiously bad is the fact that this is both your main offensive weapon and your "puzzle-solving" method. You see, the game provides many obstacles in which you must your enemies to progress. For example, using them as a stepping stone in a spike pit or chucking them at a grinder gate to open a path. Hence the enemy torture part. So, when you need to use the game's signature mechanic that much, it better work more than half the time.

Nonetheless, even if the Grab n' Smash mechanic worked perfectly, that wouldn't solve the many problems the game has. Chief among these problems is how everything you do takes much more time than it has any right to ask. Take the examples above as a reference. Often, you must chuck three enemies into the grinder to open the path, which requires you to backtrack, grab a respawning enemy, and then go back to the gate wishing you don't accidentally drop the enemy or smash them to smithereens.

The inclusion of some different style levels does not alleviate any of the game's issues, and boss enemies only exacerbates them.

In Conclusion:

I can imagine how Earthworm Jim, with considerably worse graphics and poor artwork would become a bad game. However, it still wouldn't be as terrible as Wild 9. Because what makes this game truly awful is that it built on a foundation of awfulness.

Set aside the morally reprehensible catchphrase of "Torture your enemies" and consider how the game's signature mechanic is clunky to use, slow to execute, and torturous to your own idea of fun.

Final: 2/10

Pros:

• Unique Grab 'n Smash Mechanic

Cons:

• The unique mechanic is boring and brings the whole game down
  • Drab world design
  • The game actively wastes your time
  • Obnoxious sound effects

"Tips"
1-Don't underestimate your jump (you also automatically grab onto ledges)
2-Lower the sound effects volume if you value your ears.
3-You will need to grab respawning enemies and smash them around the environment in a lot of places as a form of "puzzle-solving".

"Next Game"

Here is one of the first major games to make me question Retro Sanctuary's judgment in making their list. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about Wild 9 and I can think of five PS1 games fro the top of my head more deserving of this spot than this trash game. Apparently, the game didn't even review or sell well, which begs the reason of why it was considered in the first place.

Next on my scheduled reviews is a report on the top 100-91 games in the Retro Sanctuary list before I go all the way down to #84 and play Treasure's Silhoutte Mirage.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Game: Silhouette Mirage
Year: 1998 (JP), 2000 (NA).
Genre: Run 'n Gun.
Publisher: Working Designs.
Developer: Treasure.

The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads 220px-Silhouette_Mirage

While they are not a very well-known developer, Treasure managed to carve a well-regarded niche for themselves. They are known to make all kinds of solid action shooters from Shmups like Radiant Silvergun to Run 'n Guns like Gunstar Heroes.

As such, fans of the developers know what to expect here, and Silhouette Mirage mostly delivers in that front. It has a great shooter foundation and adds into it a unique color-coded shooting mechanic in addition to a funny story and charming characters.

Yet, several minor shortcomings add up to detract from the final game, holding it back from being on of Treasure's best, erm, treasures.

"I was created to be the messenger of Justice"

Past Treasure games did have the semblance of a story, but none had any extensive dialogue that fleshed it out or much of character interactions. That changed with Silhouette Mirage and Working Designs excellent localization, which make a cohesive story with honestly some good and funny dialogue.

The story is set in year 2XXX on Earth, where some calamity caused all creatures to separate into two attributes, "Silhouettes" and "Mirages". In this world, the game heroine who has both attributes in her body, Shyna, is born to resolve whatever this calamity was. Obviously, this won't be simple, with the most powerful men in the world sending their minions to stop her.

While the main story is nothing to write about, especially with its weird and confusing conclusion, the journey is some seriously funny and charming stuff. All the enemies Shyna encounters have some funny dialogue that fits very well with their visual design. Also, the story progress includes some over-the-top set-pieces that are straight out of 90's anime shows.

This level of charm and hilarity was never approached in previous Treasure games and is actually one of the best attributes of Silhouette Mirage, and this has a lot to do with Working Design's excellent localization as well.

"Ha? It looks like you really screwed up baby! You 'ave stumbled into my messed-up lit'l world, an' we're on the attack!!"

Even if it has a good story, a Treasure game still lives and dies by its gameplay, which is expectedly good here, but with some serious caveats.

Silhouette Mirage is a regular2D Run 'n Gun game on the surface with obvious inspirations from Gunstar Heroes. Shyna has access to several weapons (most which are useless, but more on that later) but also has several other options as well. She can slide beneath enemies, dash around a lot, triple jump, grab enemies, and even throw them around. Mechanically, the game can play almost exactly like Gunstar Heroes but in a different setting.

However, what sets this game apart may is its color-coded attacks mechanic that is an obvious precursor to the legendary Ikaruga. Enemies in the game come in two attributes and can only be damaged by the opposite attribute. For instance, "Silhouette" enemies can only be damaged by "Mirage" attacks, and the same goes for bosses (some which can also change their attributes).

Unlike the latter Ikaruga, the attribute switching here isn't done through a simple button press. Instead, Shyna's attribute is governed by what direction she is facing. You see, having both attributes in her body means that each attribute occupies half of that body vertically. So, if she one direction, only one side is shown and she starts shooting with that attribute.

Obviously, this opens up a unique tactical dimension to battles where you try and push enemies (or throw them) towards the end of the screen facing the correct attribute, which is fun in the beginning but grows annoying later on. Thankfully, shooting enemies with the same attribute is not useless as it both reduces their attack power while recovering some of your spirit meter.

It would have been better to change attributes with a button press (which is available but require a lot of spirit power to use).

"I can take consolation in the fact that my life is nowhere near as pathetic and painful as your miserable existence is about to become"

With its solid action-shooter gameplay in place along with its unique hook, Silhouette Mirage is all about providing varied scenarios to test the player's mastery of those mechanics. True to Treasure's usual style, this leads to a larger Boss to Pawn ratio than any other developer.

These bosses are all great fights.

In fact, they are so great that Treasure believes you will want to replay the game four times to fight all of them (to see all endings). Unfortantnetly, this leads to Treasure making some questionable design decisions that downgrade your first playthrough so that it can justify subsequent ones.

For instance, buying different weapons is very expensive, which means that you will most probably only have two or three options for the entire playthrough. This is due to money being locked down behind an annoying "cash bash" mechanic. Still, if you persist and get enough money to buy different weapons you will only realize that all but one of them is significantly inferior to your basic shooter.

Honestly, it can be said that the game is worth playing through twice. However, there is really little variety between each playthrough as the game only diverges in the final level. By the third time, it justs gets too slow and boring for a Treasure game.

"Two attributes... just like me... but I'm cute and kind and strong and smart and sweet and humble"

I think the only reason that the game's writing landed as well as it did is because of the amazing personality of its graphics. Drawn expertly in 2D sprites, the game graphics showcases Treasure's usual cartoony style that belies its deep and difficult gameplay.

Characters are uniquely drawn in a style similar to early 90's kid's anime, and that translates to some of the ridiculous animation (one guy slashes an ENTIRE BUILDING IN HALF). Of course, the graphic aged very well and still looks great today.

That's especially the case when you consider how well the game behaves even when there is a lot of things going on screen, which you need to pay attention to decide which attribute to use (and which side to face).

Thankfully, the sound effects help make things clear without being annoying at all, and as such, they don't mask the game's quirky and funky soundtrack Truth be told, this is not among Treasure's best OSTs but it actually fits the game very well.

Only later, when the stakes are much higher, the soundtrack goes for a generic evil-sounding style that doesn't fit with the upbeat nature of the game.

In Conclusion:

Would Ikaruga exist without this game? I think this is an important question to consider when discussing the legacy of Silhouette Mirage. It is true that its signature mechanic may have inadvertently lead to an unwelcome slowdown of its gameplay, but that mechanic was simply a brilliant idea.

You may wonder if the reception would have been different if attribute switching was done with a single button press. I think it would have improved the game a bit, but then we would focus on some other minor issues.

For whatever reasons, Silhouetter Mirage is a good Treasure game with some a heap of minor things holding it back from being one of the studio's best games.

Pros:

• The usual very good Treasure action-shooting gameplay
  • It has a truly unique mechanic
  • Graphics and story are full of character

Cons:

• The game's unique mechanics lends for some tediousness in playing
  • For a game built on replayability, there isn't a lot of variety in approaches

"Tips"
1-Don's depend on switching attributes with spirit power, it's not a valid strategy.
2-Don't neglect grab attacks as they can set up small enemies for the attribute that damages them.
3-Also, when grabbing enemies, you can bash them to get cash (most viable way of getting cash).
4-Slope are not stable ground, you might slip into enemy fire if you are not careful.
5-You basic weapon (Sarusa) is the most useful so focus on upgrading it.

"Next Game"

I haven't played all Treasure games, but I think I rank this one above Alien Soldier on the Genesis and under four other games which I gave 8 or higher. I think this actually will be the last Treasure game I play for a while, at least until I finish my PS1 reviews.

Next in my review list is a report of the top 90-81 games on the Retro Sanctuary list. After that, I am going to start reviewing games from the "Additional List", starting with Tail Concerto at #A75.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:55 pm

#A75

Game: Tail Concerto
Year: 1998 (JP), 1999 (NA).
Genre: Action Adventure.
Publisher: Bandai, Atlus.
Developer: CyberConnect.

The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads Tail-Concerto-NTSC-PSX-FRONT

Here is a game that is obviously the passion project of someone. It has a unique world, with unique gameplay, and a lot of passion behind it.

Tail Concerto starts really well, showing a world consisting of islands in the sky that invokes memories of Miyazaki's Castle in the Sky, except this is a world inhabited by Dog and Cat people.

Yet, despite all the charm and heart that went into making the game, I am afraid the game doesn't stick the landing.

"His first breath was filled with hatred. His arms touched the clouds. His roar shook the heavens and his breath froze the land. He struck fear to those who stood in his way and left nothing but silence in his wake"

The opening anime scene in the game is a flashback of the dog-boy hero, Waffle, giving a blue crystal thing to a cat-girl. Later, as a police-dog riding an inexplicable robot, Waffle finds himself chasing the Black Cat gang which is lead by that same cat-girl whose name is Alicia. This conflict between seemingly two childhood friends should be a strong emotional core of the story, yet it is left underdeveloped (or really overcooked) like many other elements in the game.

Take the world of Prairie for instance. It supposedly consists of many floating islands revolving around a castle and is a world that subsists on ancient technology. Early on, your first mission takes place in what is supposedly a major harbor town. I thought that would be the first of many interesting settlements but it turned out to be the only one.

Likewise, ancient technology and history of the world are explored in two cut-scenes and the final moments of the game, but there is no attempt at world-building or any interesting lore.

That would be fine if the main story at least half-delivered, but that was too much for the game. Basically, Alicia's central motif is supposed racism between the dog and cat people. However, the game never bothered to establish that as a thing in the world, and in fact, it flat out contradicts it removing any sympathy you may have with Alicia. Yet, the game actively expects me to have sympathies with characters that continue to make stupid and moronic decisions.

Of course, this being a PS1 game, this is not helped by some poor dialogue even if the voice acting is (mostly) acceptable.

"Packs of kittens are tearing up the town!!"

You may have noticed that I mentioned that Waffle rids a robot, which for some reason is the only robot of its kind in the world. This robot moves faster than a tank in fluid 3D movement and you can back-up with a dedicated button, and shoot bubbles instead of bullets. Also, you can jump around and flap your arms like a bird, and even get a jetpack in one area in the game.

This robot is cool, but the game doesn't do much with him.

Waffle's main objective n each area is to catch the Black Cats kittens in separate arenas. You basically have to chase them around a bit, catching some by trapping them in bubbles, and destroying their tanks by the same bubble shots. More satisfyingly, you can throw back their bombs at them which always feels great when it hits.

It's not a bad system, but you feel the game never really takes it into its full potential except in boss battles. These battles are often the highlight of the game, requiring more deliberate action and strategy than the chaotic tag contests with the kittens.

"Our princess will know who the real dog is! Hahaha..."

Outside of combat, the game does shake things up a bit in its short runtime. There is a minecart focused level, a level focused on some light platforming, a jetpack fueled island-hop, and then the game ends.

Seriously, I feel like the budget suddenly ran out in mid-development. Several islands are simply two kitten chases and a boss battle, with a few showing the inventiveness and complexity of the first two or three areas.

In total, the game can be finished in less than six hours, and that's not enough when you consider that there isn't much side-content to the game. You feel like there should be some mini-games in the world's only visitable settlement, but the only side activity is collecting photo pieces.

So, there is a big variety in the game considering the short run time (glass-half-full outlook)

"Hey! I better not catch you throwing my furniture around! I can't really complain if it's for an investigation though..."

Looking at the opening anime scene, it would have been a shame if the game's graphics and art design did not live up to its promise. Thankfully, within the technical boundaries of the PS1, the game looks great.

Sure, these are low-res PS1 polygons we are looking at, but they look acceptable and still convey a sense of character and place to the world. That's especially obvious in the aforementioned island-hop sequence where faraway islands can still be seen in the distance.

Thankfully, there are many anime cutscenes interspersed throughout the game, giving you a helping hand to guide your imagination of the world (Even if the game's declining budgets butchered the last few islands you visit.).

The same level of care went into the game sound department, which boasts an impressive percentage of voiced lines (but not that impressive of a number considering the length of the game) that are competent most of the time. This extends to the music, which is good but I didn't feel it had any memorable themes.

In Conclusion:

There was a definite passion behind making this game. In fact, that passion eventually culminated in making Solatorobo on the DS, which is a much better game.

After all, the game suffers from some downright stupid narrative beats that are not helped by limited gameplay in a world that obviously finished its budget in mid-conception. I am actually hesitant now if the game's faults are more forgivable for me given its ambitions, or if the game would have been better recived by my much younger self back on the PS1 days.

Final: 6/10

Pros:

• Charming world
  • Unique gameplay mechanics and good bosses

Cons:

• The story develops in a very cringy way
  • No camera control
  • Short story mode and limited world
  • The game is too easy

"Tips"
1-When you get all the kittens in an area you hear a specific chime.
2-Search inside closets for picture parts and some recovery items.
3-Talk to all townspeople to uncover the next destinations.
4-Tamp the jump button to keep from falling hard.
5-you can throw bombs and other physical projectiles back at people.
6-Your main bubble shot bounces off walls.
7-Hit the jump and direction buttons at the same time to do a dodge leep.

"Next Game"

I imagine that Tails Concerto would have better appealed to me if I played it back on the PS1 days. Now, both the game's narrative and the gameplay faltered too much in the second half for me to rate it highly. In fact, the only reason I don't rate it lower is that the game does have a charming premise and is mercifully short.

The next game on my radar is Battle Hunter at #A74, which is a unique RPG-hybrid that is reportedly more multi-player focused. If the game is too multi-player centric, then I will automatically move on to Eternal Eyes at #A73, which is an early PS1 Tactical RPG.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:01 pm

#A73

Game: Eternal Eyes
Year: 2000.
Genre: Tactical RPG.
Publisher: Sunsoft.
Developer: Tamtam.

The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads 42043-eternal-eyes-playstation-front-cover

Initially, I thought that Eternal Eyes would be a hidden gem. It starts with an intriguing murder and a promise of a gritty and serious story. That is soon dashed by the introduction of a bunch of interchangeable kids right after. Still, the story could be a fun adventurous romp.

Unfortunately, that doesn't turn out to be the case, as the story progresses at a snail's pace and lets go of most characters to make room for silent Pokemon-like monsters. Yet, it is not the poor story that sinks the game, but the absolutely slow and mediocre gameplay that should be its saving grace.

"If you two are reading this, it means that the world is about to be enveloped in the flames of war'"

The beginning of the game features a scene where obviously evil people kill a hero of a past war. This menagerie of villains threatens to be an interesting if a little cartoony bunch. However, the game is not in interested in developing its story, as is soon apparent by the main gameplay loop.

First, the main story is not alluded to in any way by the group of children who are the real stars of the game. Rather, just one of them, Luke who is from the tribe of the "Eternal Eyes" and can, therefore, control Magical Puppets. Here exits the supporting cast as the game replaces them with silent Pokemon.

Unlike Pokemon, where the game's world provides the story in the absence of a central character, there is no story to speak of here. There are no towns, no microstories, and the main story advances slowly, only after going through five or six maps.

Maps which lack variety or personality, which is an issue that permeates throughout the game.

While the 2D sprites did not age much, they are some of the poorest sprites I have seen on the PS1, with a blocky texture that is somehow not even comparable to mid-tier SNES games. The poor sprites are not supported by the collection of poorly designed and forgettable collection of creatures.

On the other hand, the music is pretty good from what little I have heard. Also, perhaps for the better, there is no voice acting that could have made it worse. Although, it would have been fun to hear some VAs trying to make sense of the grammatically incorrect and mistake-filled text of the game.

"My little seeds of nightmare should soon start to germinate throughout the world"

If you are not in it for the story, then a monster-collection game can always attract with its gameplay. Unfortunately, there are three elements in which Eternal Eyes fail in its gameplay.

First, the game's mechanics are poorly explained regarding the evolution of monsters and improving their stats. Apparently, you earn a number of jewels through combat which you can then consume to evolve your monsters and/or upgrade their stats and teach them spells, but this is never explained well in the game.

This means that you will need to rely on an external source to navigate the evolution trees and the stat growth requirements. Even then, the system is set up in such a way that evolving a monster doesn't always give you a better monster. It is like the final evolution in Pokemon being a Magikarp instead of a Gyrados.

Second, even if the evolution system was properly explained and was fun to tinker with, the basic tactical gameplay is slow and boring. The gameplay is slower than a late-stage in Wargroove on the Genesis where you needed to move around 40 units. Here, moving four units around feels more cumbersome and boring.

Animations are boring, movement is slow, actions take much longer than they ever should, and the middle evolutions in the game are all low-movement idiots. To top that off, defeating enemies spawn chests in their place that may act as obstacles on your path unless you waste a turn to open them.

Third, even if the gameplay was fun and all systems made sense and were inviting for experimentation, the game is too damn easy, to begin with. Ironically, this becomes the game's saving grace as it spares you from trying to understand its system or repeat levels too often.

In Conclusion:

There is no single element that is at fault in sinking Eternal Eyes in my view. This is truly a case where the game is so mediocre in its many parts that it becomes less than the sum. However, I think I may have brought myself to finish the game if not for its painfully slow-gameplay.

Truly, you can ignore a game's lackluster gameplay, but you can never ignore shortcomings that affect 90% of your time with the game.

Final: 3/10

Pros:

• Good music
  • Monster collection and evolution is ok in theory

Cons:

• The story doesn't develop at all
  • The TRPG gameplay is painfully slow
  • Design of the world and monsters is uninspiring
  • Monster evolution is haphazard and poorly explained
  • The game is very easy

"Tips"
1-Press Triangle to see enemy movement range.
2-You can revisit previous levels to grind and look for "jewels"
3-Characters recover full HP and MP when you level-up.
4-Evolutions happen at Levels 3, 8, 15, 30.

"Next Game"

First, I played Battle Hunter, which was such a weird game that I decided I can't be bothered to understand it. After watching videos of the game, I was glad since it looked to be such a slow slog to go through. It turned out that the Eternal Eyes wasn't much better.

The next game to be reviewed is Monkey Heroat #A72, which is a game that is reportedly similar to The Legend of Zelda series. Hopefully, this would be an upturn on the additional list which hadn't wowed me so far.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:25 pm

#A72

Game: Monkey Hero
Year: 1999.
Publisher: Take-Two Interactive.
Developer: Blam!.

The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads 256px-Monkey_Hero

Imagine The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past but with much less charming graphics that didn't age very well, an unimpressive soundtrack, and some painfully slow gameplay and animations. Then, put in a by-the-books character in an unimaginative world fighting some unimaginative enemies.

That's basically Monkey Hero in a nutshell, as boring a Link to the Past clone as you can imagine.

"Now I will rule this land and NIGHTMARE will reign supreme! Go forth my minions and conquer!"

The world of Monkey Hero is divided into three realms: DREAMS, The Waking World, and NIGHTMARE. As you might expect from the naming convention, the NIGHTMARE realm denizens invade the Waking World to cause havoc.

Enter the hero of the game, the aptly called Monkey, to save the world. You do that by gathering the eight pages of the STORYBOOK (by now you may have noticed my use of CAPITAL letters, which simply mirrors the game's style of STORYTELLING).

This is done in a typical Zelda style by going from dungeon to dungeon, but the game never has the style, NPCs, or general feeling of adventure to feel remotely exciting. The game lacks charm, and that's most evident in the design of the game's world and characters.

Even if you accept the fact that a top-down 3D world would never look as good as the sprite-based masterpieces of the SNES era, that doesn't excuse the poor art direction in display here. Colors are muddy and the world is very dark. Character designs are boring, with enemies modeled after bargain bin monster designs.

Nothing in the game is creatively imaginative or remotely interesting.

That extends to a musical score that repeats mediocre tune too often. I get the rhythmic and jungle tunes is trying to convey, but I don't think the soundtrack is interesting or fun to listen to at all.

"Only you possess the strength and bravery to gather the scattered pages of the STORYBOOK and restore its MAGIC"

Unfortunately, the lack of fun extends to the general gameplay itself. It's a Link to the Past with slower and more boring gameplay.

True, in principle, this is the same gameplay loop as the famed game. You go from dungeon to dungeon, getting items to unlock the path to the next dungeon. Each dungeon has a bunch of light puzzles and some enemy rooms.

Normally, this should be a derivative game that is fun nonetheless, since its apes a very successful formula. However, the game is just so damn slow and mediocre at everything it apes. Monkey's base attack has a pathetic and unpredictable range. His other items are not better.

Movement wise, the game is not as snappy as other Zelda clones, suffering from a sluggish malaise that permeates through every moment in the game.

Eventually, the general sense of mediocrity makes this a difficult game to enjoy even if it doesn't do much that makes you actively hate it.

In Conclusion:

Usually, being a Zelda-clone is used as a pejorative for games that are perfectly good. Excellent Action RPGs like Soul Blazer and Terranigma were described as such, but both were great games.

I don't think it's negative to be inspired by such an iconic game as A Link to the Past.

However, in the case of Monkey Hero, it copies the basic formula of the game while downgrading every part of it. The end product is the skeleton of a good game with the flesh of a bad one, and once the flesh rots away, the bones crumble without the necessary support.

Pros:

• It's inoffensive

Cons:

• This is basically as boring a Zelda clone as you can get

"Tips"
1-When you hear a chime (usually after you clear a room from enemies) it means that a chest appeared.
2-Talk to NPCs to get hints about the best area to visit next.

"Next Game"

So far, I didn't have the best of luck in this additional list. I hoped that a Zelda clone would at least be half-enjoyable, but Monkey Here was just so damn boring.

I don't actually expect much from the next game at #A71. Blaster Master: Blasting Again is not widely considered a good game, but it may be an interesting twist to the famous series.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:36 pm

#A71

Game: Blaster Master: Blasting Again
Year: 2000 (JP), 2001 (NA).
Publisher: Sunsoft, Crave Entertainment.
Developer: Sunsoft.

The Official PlayStation 1 Gaming Threads Ps1_blaster_master_blasting_again-120314

The first Blaster Master game was released in the second half of the console's life cycle, a little after most of its iconic early games have already been released. It managed to gain critical acclaim and a dedicated following because it used the console to its full potential while basically being a mishmash of genre ideas of many of those iconic games all in the same package.

Released in the late stages of the PS1 lifecycle, Blaster Master: Blasting Again was poised to do the same thing. Alas, the PS1 was a more complex console than the NES and the developers, Sunsoft, didn't have the same deft touch in everything they set to accomplish despite ultimately making a really good game.

"With their great power, they caused upheavals in the Earth, threatening humanity"

The major gaming element that became semi-mandatory in the 5th generation of gaming was the existence of a story. Games could be elevated or ridiculed by their story, but the story can be ignored in most cases as an extra flavoring layer.

Sunsoft attempts to elevate their game with a story. Surely enough, the CGI scenes are actually surprisingly good for the time, and there is even voice acting in the game. Yet, the story itself is a forgettable mess, with the voice acting somewhat making it even worse, that I simply wouldn't acknowledge its existence in the game.

In broad strokes, the story is about Roddy, the son of the hero of the last game, protecting the world from the "Lightning Beings" and saving the world while piloting his dad's trusted "Sophia" tank. He is also supported by his sister, Elfie, who provides mechanical and communication support.

Far more important is the story told in the game world itself, and that's where the game is truly lacking.

Simply put, the design of the game's levels, enemies, locations, and everything that encompasses the game's world is lacking. Other than the design of the Sophia, which was already set in the NES game, the game lacks any distinctive visual or artistic characteristics.

"Roddy, always be careful and don't go on over your head"

Gameplay-wise, the game aims to be a 3D translation of the original NES game. Like I said in the intro to this review, the original was a mishmash of genre ideas. One portion was a 2D Run & Gun game like Contra, others were top-down Zelda-inspired dungeons, and the game was set up similar to Metroid.

Blasting Again actually tries to preserve that varied identity of the original, but in 3D, and it mostly succeeds. The majority of the game is spent piloting the Sophia in various labyrinthian stages. Often, you will need to get out of the Sophia and proceed on foot into smaller "dungeons". As you finish stages, the Sophia is upgraded in ways that improve its mobility. Meanwhile, you can find upgrades at each level that increase your special firepower capacity.

On the tank, the gameplay is surprisingly smooth. The Sophia moves like a charm and the shooting action was not as inaccurate as I originally thought it would be. Usually, in 3rd person shooting, its a hassle to aim when lacking an aiming reticule. However, the Sophia automatically locks-on targets within its aiming cone, and the movement allows you to strafe around the enemies if you need to. That's because you have access to side-dashes mapped to the shoulder buttons that simply make the tank a joy to control.

The same cannot be said about the on-foot segments, as Roddy isn't as fun to control and the segments themselves are usually too repetitive. While the Sophia has access to four special weapons, Roddy is stuck with his base weapon and two special attacks that are of questionable use. Also, he is not as fast, and there is too much platforming in his segments. Also, due to having smaller "rooms", Roddy's section have more frequent loading spots. Still, it's not a deal-breaker, and honestly add value in variety.

As for the level-flow itself. I initially was very confused regarding what to do and how to navigate each level. However, I soon got the hang of it, and the secret is to frequently check your map. Basically, each level consists of several rooms, with some rooms containing a "dungeon". Without even knowing what you are supposed to do at each level, a good idea is to simply go to each room and the game will tell you if there is something that you were supposed to do, which often is a switch in another room or inside a dungeon.

"Be careful, Rody! There is something huge just ahead!"

Besides navigation and platforming in each level, there is also a lot of shooting going around, culminating in some intense boss battles.

Aboard the Sophia, in addition to your trusty shooter, you have access to four special weapons: Bomb rocket, close-range Tank thunder, defensive orbital Field drones, and Homing lasers. Learning how to best utilize these special weapons is pivotal to handling the tougher enemies and bosses fo the game. However, the majority of enemies are easy to dispatch.

Unfortunately, Roddy doesn't have the same offensive capabilities, but that's not his biggest weakness. For some reason, aiming as Roddy is simply not good enough. Flying bat enemies can easily go past his blast to hit him, and he loses weapon power as a result.

Note that you can always run past enemies, which is often a faster option. Yet, fighting is fun when riding the Sophia which is why I don't run often, but it's not as fun as Roddy.

Of course, you cannot run from boss fights, which are super-intense and fun when riding the Sophia. These battles needed me to jump and dodge around like a madman while taking advantage of every weapon at my disposal.

Unfortunately, Roddy gets his own boss fights and they are not as fun. Ironically, it looks like Sunsoft understood that he isn't as fun to control, which is why they made his boss battles have more of a puzzle component (which makes them better).

"This world will be destroyed in a matter of time. What good is your futile resistance? It's not too late... TO REPENT!"

Like the first game, Blasting Again came late enough in the console's lifecycle with more knowledge on its capabilities. That shows in the creations of admittedly impressive CGI scenes. However, despite their best abilities, the console's 3D graphics capabilities were lacking.

As such, pure technical merit wasn't able to shine. Instead, the game's lack of artistic cohesion is ore evident to us judging the graphics today. Even though Balsting Again may have looked better than other 3D games of the time, its still is not as memorable as some admittedly uglier games.

It's worth noting that the game doesn't suffer from any technical bugs and glitches but that it has significant loading time at each level. Since the loading happens between rooms, its more obvious in the smaller rooms while in on-foot dungeons.

Thankfully, the game's musical score is more memorable, with some really good level tunes. My favorites were the "Water" and "Plant" level themes, which had some complex arrangments with both naturalistic and sci-fi layers.

Of course, like many other PS1 games, its best to tune down the volume of the sound effects, which can get annoyingly loud at higher volumes. Especially since you will be shooting your gun a lot during the course of the game.

In Conclusion:

Even though it's not a classic like its legendary predecessor, Blasting Again is still a good game. It has some surprisingly action-packed and smooth gameplay when riding the Sophia, and the on-foot segments provide some variety despite being less fun.

Yet, beyond its gameplay (Which is good but not excellent), the game suffers from some boring design choices regarding its level and artistic design that keeps it from reaching the next level.

Pros:

• Great gameplay when piloting the Sophia
  • Very Good Music
  • Some cool bosses

Cons:

• Gameplay is weaker in on-foot segments
  • Level design and graphics are uninteresting.

"Tips"
1-I suggest mapping the special weapon attack to a shoulder button.
2-Learn where each special weapon is most useful.
3-Explore the environment a bit for upgrades on special weapon capacity.
4-In on-foot segments, you lose weapon power if you are hit.
5-Make sure to always look at the map to understand your bearings.

"Next Game"

After a string of disappointing games, I am glad I played something that's enjoyable to play despite not being a masterpiece like its NES predecessor.

Next, I am going to write a report on the top 80-71 games on the Additional List, which are numbered randomly by the way. After that, I will continue going down the Retro Sanctuary top 100 list by reviewing Alundra at #80, which should be a good game from what I have seen of it.

Stay Tuned
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next