Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

+25
danyjr
futbol_bill
The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
Zagadka
Art Morte
FennecFox7
RealGunner
Adit
rincon
VivaStPauli
Mamad
elitedam
futbol
CBarca
Vibe
Unique
Hapless_Hans
McLewis
Myesyats
Pedram
Blue
Young Kaz
Freeza
BarrileteCosmico
29 posters

Page 13 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 13 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Art Morte Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:59 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:idk if I agree with an age limit, I know 50 year olds that seem 80 and 80 year olds that seem 50, but physical and mental checks by an unbiased association who report the results so the public can decide with full transparency seems like a no brainer

The other age limit of 35-year-old-at-least is much harder to justify than a tops age limit would be, imo.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 13 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:14 am

Art Morte wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:idk if I agree with an age limit, I know 50 year olds that seem 80 and 80 year olds that seem 50, but physical and mental checks by an unbiased association who report the results so the public can decide with full transparency seems like a no brainer

The other age limit of 35-year-old-at-least is much harder to justify than a tops age limit would be, imo.

Yeah that’s true. Should be one of the other. I think this age requirement is worse because someone 32 years old as an example is much closer to the median age than a 80 year old is and should be much closer to the current state of the country they’re living in.

And that’s one point before even taking the mental and physical well-being into account.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:24 pm

Interesting exchange. The AR-14 gaffe is getting the heat, but that's typical Biden. Not a big deal to me. What is a bigger deal is how forceful he's talking to that worker. His supporters will say he's standing up to a gun nut, Trump supporters will say he's attacking the 2nd amendment, and Bernie supporters will simply attack the gaffe.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:38 pm

Biden will lose to Trump badly. just imagine how his debates with trump will play out. nightmare.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:13 pm

I saw it, and IMHO Biden was right, the guy was full of shit.

Doesn't make Biden not demented, sadly.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:46 pm

Got em

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:05 am

Joe Biden wins Missouri.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:25 am

Has he won a state yet that he's actually got a chance of winning in November?

Seems like he's really loved in states that won't vote for him. Great way to pick a candidate imo.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:31 am

Freeza wrote:Has he won a state yet that he's actually got a chance of winning in November?

Seems like he's really loved in states that won't vote for him. Great way to pick a candidate imo.

He won the Most democratic state ever(And Warren's home state) just last week.

Bernie Talked all that shit about obama not getting it done in Mississippi and then got mollywhopped by the actual democrats in Mississippi.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:11 am

Freeza wrote:Has he won a state yet that he's actually got a chance of winning in November?

I mean, that seems like what you want, a candidate that would play well with swing voters

The states that are voting for Bernie vote blue every time
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:38 am

Bad thing to say tonight after Biden destroys Bernie in Michigan @Freeza.

I mean that seals it. He's the clear choice for the Dems.

I said it earlier that I'll vote for the person who will win the rust belt states, and Biden is making a major statement tonight. This race is over
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:43 am

CBarca wrote:Bad thing to say tonight after Biden destroys Bernie in Michigan @Freeza.

I said it earlier that I'll vote for the person who will win the rust belt states, and Biden is making a major statement tonight. This race is over

I didn't see any news about that one before I wrote it. It was Missouri and Mississippi.

Also can't believe they're actually naming him their candidate. It's so wild. Four years to plan for who should be the candidate and they choose the creepy, senile uncle.

I'm willing to bet a lot he'll lose to Trump. And clearly.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:45 am

Chinese wasteman ANDREW YANG endorses Biden.

We've come full circle Smile

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:45 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I mean, that seems like what you want, a candidate that would play well with swing voters

The states that are voting for Bernie vote blue every time

I just don't know why they're even holding primaries in all these states. And why are they doing it spread out instead of on one day? This whole process seems so fucking weird in general. It becomes more of an election about who the media elects when the process is so drawn out.

In total it's been a complete shitshow. The whole primary.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:54 am

Biden has run a great campaign tbh. This is unreal. No political platform at all and managed to do this.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:03 am

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:24 am

Freeza wrote:
CBarca wrote:Bad thing to say tonight after Biden destroys Bernie in Michigan @Freeza.

I didn't see any news about that one before I wrote it. It was Missouri and Mississippi.

Also can't believe they're actually naming him their candidate. It's so wild. Four years to plan for who should be the candidate and they choose the creepy, senile uncle.

I'm willing to bet a lot he'll lose to Trump. And clearly.

It's not to say that you should have seen the news about Michigan, but that you should have waited until we had more results from rust belt states.

Biden won Michigan which means he's going to win WI, PA, and Ohio too. Already won MN as well.

He's destroying Bernie at the states he's supposed to have an advantage at. But this confirms my own ideas and what I see around me. People here don't want Bernie. They'll live with Biden though. They would even be happy to vote for him.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:25 am

McLewis wrote:

Interesting exchange. The AR-14 gaffe is getting the heat, but that's typical Biden. Not a big deal to me. What is a bigger deal is how forceful he's talking to that worker. His supporters will say he's standing up to a gun nut, Trump supporters will say he's attacking the 2nd amendment, and Bernie supporters will simply attack the gaffe.

Biden became president in this video. Thats how you do it.

Dont gotta take that shit from some hard hat wearing prole. Let him know up front you'd handle him simple and clean like Hikaru Utada.

Should have told him he and his homebody Obama the only reason that auto worker even has a job to buy his guns with. Biden is about that life Proud Proud Proud

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:27 am

Look, I don't like Biden. At all.

BUT chastising the Democratic party for siding with Biden vs Bernie (I'm talking about the candidates as much as the party itself) when the goal is to beat Trump is not an argument that makes sense.

If you want to talk about how the Dems missed an opportunity with Bernie, sure. If you want to lament the left's inability to really publicly support a "farther left" candidate, sure.

But I don't understand the argument Bernie is gonna do better against Trump than Biden. I'll admit it that a couple weeks ago I started to buy into that argument because of how poor Biden started. But it turned out that the first couple states were just a poor combination for him and the entire party has coalesced behind him.

If he can keep this momentum with him, and progressives bite their tongue and vote for him come November, Dems will win.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:51 am

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 13 ESyoGh4U0AEHbS6?format=jpg&name=large

From the Michigan exit polls.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:53 am

Biden winning heavily in the groups that matter. Perfect.

Does anyone have statistics about where most swing voters/ moderates are age wise, btw? I'm willing to bet that they actually trend older. If that's true, Biden winning big in those groups is a good omen for his ability in the general election.

Would have been a disaster to rely on young voters in the general.

Nobody is happy, but I'll take 4 years of Biden over 4 more years of Trump. That's the slogan of the rust belt in 2020, I'll tell you that.

Congratulations on winning the 2020 election everybody
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:00 am

How did Michigan go from being "too close to call" in the polls to Biden winning by 16 points? Laughing

Honestly this margin might as well seal the race

Freeza wrote:I just don't know why they're even holding primaries in all these states. And why are they doing it spread out instead of on one day? This whole process seems so fucking weird in general. It becomes more of an election about who the media elects when the process is so drawn out.

In total it's been a complete shitshow. The whole primary.

Agreed it's fucking weird and I think the people that benefit the most are news agencies. From the beginning of the primaries to the presidential election it takes like 2 years, insanely long.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:15 pm

The reason being that the parties want to get maximum publicity exposure on the media... if they did it all in one day, they wouldn't stay in the news cycle.

Very smart and makes absolutely perfect sense and I'm not joking.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:The reason being that the parties want to get maximum publicity exposure on the media... if they did it all in one day, they wouldn't stay in the news cycle.

Yeah I agree. Politicians have a time staying in the news cycle lately.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:11 pm

Freeza wrote:
sportsczy wrote:The reason being that the parties want to get maximum publicity exposure on the media... if they did it all in one day, they wouldn't stay in the news cycle.

Yeah I agree. Politicians have a time staying in the news cycle lately.

It makes the spotlight shine brightest on your candidates and your message as opposed to the opponents'... It's not just politics that does this; every industry tries to maximize its time in the spotlight around events.

There's plenty of things you can criticize politics for. But this absolutely the right way to go about it from a publicity standpoint.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:19 pm

I don't know about that. I find it to absolute pervers and grotesque for campaigns to be president last for two years.

Politicians work for the people and most candidates are elected by the people for a certain job, and they're just not able to do that to the full extent when they're on the campaign trail for two years. They either need to quit as senators, representatives and mayors of tiny towns to run.

Or they can do as we do in Denmark at least, which I very much like and have a 3 week period where the campaign runs.

We don't democratically decide who our candidates are though. That's a very internal things, which I find to be terrible overall. I just think some middle ground should be possible for both countries. There's just nothing politically (politics as in actual politics and not schemes to gain/stay in power) to gain from having such a long drawn out process.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next