Vibe
Myesyats
The Demon of Carthage
Zagadka
Robespierre
44 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Robespierre Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:10 am

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:26 am

Fourth confirmed death in Italy: a man in his eighties and had been in hospital for treatment for an unrelated illness when he was struck down by coronavirus.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:31 am

Robespierre wrote:

The claim was rebutted by Iranian health ministry and said the death toll still remains at 12 in Iran.

Now, who's lying and who isn't between them? We really can't know for sure.

Meanwhile, Turkey, Pakistan and Armenia have closed their borders with Iran while Austria did the same with Italy.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:37 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Fourth confirmed death in Italy: a man in his eighties and had been in hospital for treatment for an unrelated illness when he was struck down by coronavirus.

The third death was also like this iirc. It was an elderly person with cancer in intense care.

A region in the south, Basilicata, is placing everyone coming in from the affected regions in the north in quarantine.

The public health ministry bans every social events.

A lot of measures being taken fast to try to reduce the spread.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:47 am

Our government be like:

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 2 3q2udy
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:55 pm

today the centre of Milan is   desertum and military  have masks

It seems an apocalyptic scenario
It is not probably ? , but we 'll remember it for a while

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 2 Mill
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:21 pm

Fifth and sixth death confirmed in Italy. The sixth one was a cancer patient while the fifth one was an 84-year-old woman.

209 confirmed cases overall.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:39 pm

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 2 Rslw-u10

not sure if i should post this here or in the conspiracy thread hmm
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:50 pm

Also read that some guy wrote a book back in '81, and the book said that a virus called the Wuhan-400, named after the facility originated from and the place it initially broke out at, will wreak havoc around the world.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:53 pm

Here it is

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 2 EQvMqvbVUAAfhNP
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:56 pm

Vibe wrote:Here it is

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 2 EQvMqvbVUAAfhNP
Shocked Shocked
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:38 pm

Pedram wrote:Our government be like:

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 2 3q2udy

you know what? I feel the same about India.

We had 3 cases with about 900 in quarantine and we've basically roaming freely.

I doubt it highly.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:41 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Fifth and sixth death confirmed in Italy. The sixth one was a cancer patient while the fifth one was an 84-year-old woman.

209 confirmed cases overall.

All of this kinda makes it certain that there is nothing to worry about Coronavirus except the long incubation and recovery period. A decent immune system can sufficiently fight it off albeit with time, which couldn't be said for SARS or H1N1 and no way for Ebola.

But Iran is at 12 deaths now, I hope Pedram can fill us in on what's happening there.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:52 pm

i think they have a vaccine for this now but the cost is so high compaired to the death rate that they are holding it back imo. they are waiting to see if it slows down and dies out first. the people that are dying are on deaths door to start with so healthy people are making antibodies to fight this easily.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:00 pm

Vibe wrote:Also read that some guy wrote a book back in '81, and the book said that a virus called the Wuhan-400, named after the facility originated from and the place it initially broke out at, will wreak havoc around the world.

Vibe, why are you freaking out Unique like that? Laughing

No, but seriously, the original copy of Dean Koontz's novel The Eyes of Darkness didn't even have the word Wuhan in it. He called it Gorki-400 (after the Russian city where it was created. ).

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 2 A7996a8a-5394-11ea-8948-c9a8d8f9b667_972x_215927

It was later changed to "Wuhan-400" when the book was released in hardback in 1989.

Other than that, there are also some dissimilarities between the virus described in Koontz's novel and coronavirus, mainly:

1. In the novel, “Wuhan-400” has a 100% fatality rate. While researchers are still learning about the coronavirus, the current fatality rate sits at about 5.7%.

2. The fictional “Wuhan-400” has an extremely quick incubation period of about four hours, compared to the coronavirus which has an incubation period between two and 27 days (as far as we know).
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:56 pm

Iranian minister with COVID-19 sweats on stage

https://news.sky.com/video/share-11943011
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:52 pm

So guys, have you taken any precautions against it??? Is there any vaccine or known cure??? Take care, will you...
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:41 pm

Of course they have a vaccine for it. Making a vaccine for this is the same as all the other vaccines in the world they inject with either a dead or very weak version of the virus your body produces antibodies to the virus and your good to go but the cost to vaccinate millions and millions of people is to high for the rate of death so they are gonna let it run its course and then vaccinate people over the course of 10 or so years.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:08 pm

Latest update:

1. First case in Switzerland confirmed.
2. Four more deaths confirmed in Italy (11 overall).
3. Bahrain reported 6 more cases (23 infected overall).
4. Thailand confirmed two 2 cases, taking its total number of infections to 37.
5. France reported two new cases.
6. Spain reported its fourth case mainland.
7. Austria confirmed two new cases and claimed they are both Italian citizens.
8. Croatia has its first confirmed case.
9. Iran confirmed cases rises to 95 (15 deaths).
10. South Korea total number of cases is approaching 1000.
11. The latest tally of the coronavirus cases in the United States has jumped to 57.

Countries with confirmed cases so far:
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 2 Territ10
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:06 pm

Unique wrote:Iranian minister with COVID-19 sweats on stage

https://news.sky.com/video/share-11943011

The guy who was standing beside him is spokesperson of the government, they just confirmed he tested positive for Coronavirus.

It's entirely possible that the whole government is now infected since cabinet members regularly hold meetings every morning and as the traditions they shake hand and kiss each others cheeks.

What a fucking disaster.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:17 am

doing my coronoavirus apolyscype shopping today.

Stay safe boys, shit is yet to even get serious
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:33 am

iftikhar wrote:So guys, have you taken any precautions against it??? Is there any vaccine or known cure??? Take care, will you...

posted some breakthrough articles, but vaccine development has yet to really kickstart on large scale.

for more testing on subjects, medical institutions need more funding and more resources and some top researchers even said that to test is one thing to see results but they will have to do lot of trials. full scale developments could take several months, to more than a year. i forgot to save the link

with virus spreading quickly on global scales, you can imagine then that the demand for vaccine if there has been production on mass scale wouldnt be enough, i guess one could imagine that people would have to wait in line again for months

best not to rely on dot com sites for these intels... get it from .edu journals from reliable medical institutes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:35 am

i guess i was complaining too much why my medical insurance is so damn expensive... now i feel like its worth it ... Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:41 am

https://sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/news/2020/02/10/sydney-researchers-make-coronavirus-breakthrough.html

i guess it wouldnt be new that more and more medical institutes publish updates on breakthrough actively... hope everyone has a same common ground for this and find solutions quick!

rooting on ya researchers! cheers get em !

btw anyone here on forum do medical research thing as your regular job ? XD

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:33 am

First case in Algeria and North Africa confirmed yesterday. The carrier is an Italian man who arrived on February 17.

Thanks, mate!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:34 am

It has reached Germany.
But I'm not ready to go into panic mode tbh.
I live in a big city. Emergency shopping is not part of my skillset. I buy what I need in the next day or two. If I run out of milk or toilet paper at 3am, I go and buy some. I'm not going to change my well-practiced behaviour just to indulge some common cold virus on steroids ffs.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next