Hapless_Hans
Twoism
urbaNRoots
Jay29
RealGunner
38 posters

Page 21 of 44 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 44  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:19 am

Ruslan Malinovsky would be good option to consider for central attacking midfielder
In before unrealistic drunken

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Dinos Mavropanos signs contract extension and joins Stuttgart on loan:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/dinos-signs-new-contract-joins-stuttgart-loan

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:19 pm

thoughts?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:49 pm

Coutinho is just going to be Ozil 2.0. No place in the modern game. Has to be specially accomadated in the team.

Don't know if a few worldies a season is worth it.

Also wages.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:30 pm

Agreed
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:09 pm

Not the strongest source, but:

https://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/2020-07-19/ceballos-arsenal-real-madrid-arteta-zidane-florentino-perez_2686156/

Arsenal could ask for Ceballos on loan again next season with an obligatory purchase clause of 20m.

Zidane doesn't want him, Madrid are happy to sell and it seems Ceballos would be interested in staying with us, so it seems a good a deal on paper.

Given the impact of the pandemic and the potential lack of European football, I'm sure Arsenal would prefer a deferred payment. Whether Madrid will is another matter. I know Perez has talked about not signing anyone this summer due to the pandemic but I imagine he'd change his mind if they raised enough funds from sales.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:05 pm

Given how we are looking for players with a more "box to box" profile and a viable back up for Casemiro, i am a bit surprised i haven't seen the dots connecting Madrid and Guendouzi. Except for his bad attitude, he checks a lot of boxes for something we need. Swap with Ceballos would work well here
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:34 pm

Jay29 wrote:I know Perez has talked about not signing anyone this summer due to the pandemic but I imagine he'd change his mind if they raised enough funds from sales.

Highly unlikely.

They can't buy before balancing the books, and in order to do so, they need to make 200m in sales. [Source]

By the way, this article was published in December, 2019, so it doesn't even include the losses Madrid has suffered during the pandemic. Add those to the 200m they have to make in sales and you're looking at a club that won't make any signings until next summer at the very least (except maybe for really cheap signings).
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:11 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Given how we are looking for players with a more "box to box" profile and a viable back up for Casemiro, i am a bit surprised i haven't seen the dots connecting Madrid and Guendouzi. Except  for his bad attitude, he checks a lot of boxes for something we need. Swap with Ceballos would work well here
Guendouzi isn't Madrid quality imo. I think he would drown in that atmosphere and would not progress much given an inability to outperform the guys already at the club. He's young and has potential but I'd gladly drop him for Ceballos.
RealGunner wrote:

thoughts?

We don't have enough creativity in our midfield and I'd hardly disregard the impact he could make for us when you consider that he can also play out wide. I'd absolutely take him or someone of his quality if we can do it without spending a lot of money.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:43 pm

Grealish and Mings easily, and i mean easily walk into our team. We don't even have to reach far out to get better players, only problem is the Kroenke's don't want to splash the cash.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:04 pm

Arsenal preparing to offer Aubameyang £250k p/w to stay.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/22/arsenal-verge-offering-pierre-emerick-aubameyang-250000-a-week/

I'm confident Auba could score 20+ goals a season for the rest of his career, so I'd be happy with this.

This rebuild is tricky enough without having to invest in the front line.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:31 pm

£250k per week is 14m Euro per year which is not really excessively much for a seasoned world class striker at a top club honestly
Of course he deserves as much
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:05 pm

Player+cash
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:23 pm

give em Reiss Nelson and Calum Chambers, we can spend our much limited budget better imo
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:32 pm

The transfer window is officially open.

All I want is new defenders and midfielders. We've got two good keepers, our full backs are functional for another year, and the forward line has quality (provided Auba stays) and a handful of exciting young prospects. The centre of the pitch though is a disaster.

One good CB, one good creative mid, Saliba in, and Ceballos made permanent would be a decent summer in the circumstances.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:48 pm

Seeing as our top 4 chances are almost zero next season, all I‘m hoping is more players who are fun to watch and compatible with attacking football.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:44 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:£250k per week is 14m Euro per year which is not really excessively much for a seasoned world class striker at a top club honestly
Of course he deserves as much

It wouldn’t be much at all, if he had been 20-25 and not 31. Considering his age, I think the hesitance on Arsenal’s part is understandable. In hindsight, signing Bale on a jumbo contract that lasts through 2024, for instance, was a really poor decision.

It’s easy to judge these things in hindsight, but like with Bale, speed has always been a crucial part of Aubameyang’s repertoire, and it would be hard to argue that he’ll still worth £250k per week when he loses it. Not to mention the injury issues that often plague aging players. But of course, I doubt Arsenal are in a position to pass up the chance to keep a player of his caliber, so it’s a dilemma they’ll just have to deal with.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:58 pm

Yeah but Bale gets double that, or more, and is also always injured, while Aubameyang never is
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:21 pm

The only dilemma for Arsenal is how much they can afford to pay. Even when Auba loses his acceleration, his instincts, timing and the quality of his runs will ensure he continues to score goals. He's the one of the fittest members of the squad, very rarely injured and, by all accounts, professional enough to maintain a healthy life style. So I've very few concerns about his age impacting his performances.

Tbh, I think the idea of a player post 30 suddenly declining and having to be phased out for younger players is outdated. Modern day science and nutrition means players are maintaining fitness for longer. Players between 32 and 35 are still performing at the top level.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:23 pm

Yes, I mean he's 9 months younger than Lewandowski and scoring at a similar level too
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:29 pm

Should try Guendouzi+cash for Aouar instead
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:12 am

I've read that Arsenal have told Atletico that they don't want to pay the full release clause for Partey and now Atletico don't want to do business with Arsenal.

This club continues to disappoint their fans everyday. I fear winning the FA cup will set us back in the transfer market
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:14 am

Sina wrote:

Should try Guendouzi+cash for Aouar instead

You were all for the Pepe signing and he was okay at best.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:08 pm

Rumour round-up:

Ornstein:
- Willing to sell Holding, Sokratis and Mustafi to make room for a new CB
- Want to sell Guendouzi
- May listen to offers for Torreira
- May also listen to offers for Lacazette if a good bid arrives
- Arteta wants a wide player as well

Ornstein on Auba:
- Sanllehi handling negotiations personally
- Seems happy at club
- Has interest from Barcelona, Inter and Juventus

Other sources:
- Willian could join on a free
- Arsenal offered Guendouzi is part-exchange for Parety but Atleti want fulll 50m release clause; Arsenal unwilling to pay that much
- Coutinho rumours still hovering around
- Amadou Diawara (Roma) mentioned as a possible plan b if we can't get Partey

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:56 pm

Jay29 wrote:Rumour round-up:

Ornstein:
- Willing to sell Holding, Sokratis and Mustafi to make room for a new CB
- Want to sell Guendouzi
- May listen to offers for Torreira
- May also listen to offers for Lacazette if a good bid arrives
- Arteta wants a wide player as well

Ornstein on Auba:
- Sanllehi handling negotiations personally
- Seems happy at club
- Has interest from Barcelona, Inter and Juventus

Other sources:
- Willian could join on a free
- Arsenal offered Guendouzi is part-exchange for Parety but Atleti want fulll 50m release clause; Arsenal unwilling to pay that much
- Coutinho rumours still hovering around
- Amadou Diawara (Roma) mentioned as a possible plan b if we can't get Partey

it seemed like Holding has such a high ceiling. Does he have potential to be Ox for us ? If yes, we should try to check how much he would cost.

Also if you guys get Coutinho your all problems related to creativity and attack will get solved automatically against lesser teams. Give him a role in the midfield behind Auba, Saka and others, your top 4 is guaranteed. In fact I would love if Liverpool tried to get him on loan.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:59 pm

Coutinho's passing is abominably bad so as much I'd like to recommend him and as much as it might seem a good idea, I'm afraid it's not.
He's a nice kid, got a good touch, he can dribble, he used to be able to shoot from distance (not anymore for some reason but I could see him getting that back with all the space and time afforded in PL), but he can't pass a ball to a teammate. Just can't get it done. Overhits them grotesquely, underhits them pathetically, almost every second pass. Playmaker my arse.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 44 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 44  Next