M99
S
McLewis
silver
Great Leader Sprucenuce
21 posters

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by S Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:10 pm

He's more or less going to be a tweener bordering on anti-hero status. Paul will probably do the talking for him and you can expect him to feud with both faces and heels. This way Vince probably thinks everyone's gonna like him.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:42 pm

Is WWE really suffering that much these days?

Does anyone see any hope for a renaissance of improvement at least? Maybe when HHH takes the helm etc.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:49 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Is WWE really suffering that much these days?

Does anyone see any hope for a renaissance of improvement at least? Maybe when HHH takes the helm etc.

Doubt it. The entire family is more or less the same. HHH was never the saviour.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:21 pm

Vince will continue making the decisions until he's dead lol

Won't be surprised if he's around for another 10 years atleast and still making all the crucial boardroom and creative decisions

HHH would have to wait until he's like 60 or something to gain control of the company
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:19 am

Having known and learned from Vince's business path I can verify he is amongst the best all time business persons I know of. Like, ridiculously good.

So rather odd he will appoint himself to the decisions despite an apparent decline.

WWE needs a new image and revolution.

A one year hiatus and redevelopment would work.

And at that focusing on the fundamentals being wrestling and the quality of it and then of course actually good storywriters on them.

The rise of UFC hurts the image of the business.

I genuinely hope someone comes in to think completely out the box as this is a worrying trend and I want the business to thrive regardless of my lack of following it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:37 am

Even NXT is getting boring (except for Adam Cole bay-bay)

Why was there another ppv? Didn't we just have Summerslam?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:39 pm

Financially, WWE are fine. Creatively, they're completely bankrupt.

The crux of the issue is everything has to be Vince's grand design but he doesn't know what makes a modern star or compelling TV anymore. The number of wrestlers who got over by themselves but were sabotaged by horrific booking and creative decisions is endless. They did so much they ran out of main event stars people would tune in to watch. Nobody can be a star unless Vince says you can, and when he does you won't get over anyway because the scripts are shit and every one can tell how phony the characters are.

Look at Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose. Moxley is a big-time guy now. People want to see him. In WWE, Vince was making him do comedy spots, reading from long scripts, not allowing him to play the character how he wants, and so on. Nobody cared about Ambrose anymore.

Remember Rusev Day? Rusev doesn't even work for the company anymore. Remember Kofi winning the title at Mania, and how happy everyone was? Dropped the title in a squash to Lesnar. Remember Daniel Bryan being the biggest babyface in years, having to retire, but then coming back unexpectedly a year later still a beloved babyface? They turned him heel.

Rather than follow the crowd reaction and roll with it, they insist the fans don't know what they want and shit in their mouths. This is a company who wanted a Mania main event of Orton vs Batista without Bryan until the fan reaction forced their hands. They put Reigns in the main event several times when fans were sick of him.

Whereas AEW is doing the opposite and growing as a result. Fans wanted to see Moxley so they gave him the world title. Fans wanted to see Orange Cassidy so they gave him a push and put him in a feud with Jericho. They wanted to see Cody every week and they got him. I don't watch New Japan but I get the feeling they have a similar mentality. Give the fans satisfying conclusions to matches and stories and they'll come back for more.

Honestly, you can draw a lot of parallels between what WWE are doing now and the demise of WCW.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:10 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Smackdown had more storytelling in it than about the last year of shows combined lol.

Not just the Roman stuff but there was some good storytelling with AJ, Sami, Jeff Hardy, Sasha and Bayley (in fairness those two have had consistent storytelling behind them)

Hell the backstage stuff with Cesaro/Nakamura/Zayn was more than the norm.

If they did this consistently then the product might actually not be terrible, watch it go back to barely any build or storytelling next week.

That's something I wish AEW would do. I would prefer if they had a big storylines build throughout the show, rather than trying to shoehorn everyone by giving them their own 10 minute segments.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:13 pm

Jay29 wrote:Financially, WWE are fine. Creatively, they're completely bankrupt.

The crux of the issue is everything has to be Vince's grand design but he doesn't know what makes a modern star or compelling TV anymore. The number of wrestlers who got over by themselves but were sabotaged by horrific booking and creative decisions is endless. They did so much they ran out of main event stars people would tune in to watch. Nobody can be a star unless Vince says you can, and when he does you won't get over anyway because the scripts are shit and every one can tell how phony the characters are.

Look at Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose. Moxley is a big-time guy now. People want to see him. In WWE, Vince was making him do comedy spots, reading from long scripts, not allowing him to play the character how he wants, and so on. Nobody cared about Ambrose anymore.

Remember Rusev Day? Rusev doesn't even work for the company anymore. Remember Kofi winning the title at Mania, and how happy everyone was? Dropped the title in a squash to Lesnar. Remember Daniel Bryan being the biggest babyface in years, having to retire, but then coming back unexpectedly a year later still a beloved babyface? They turned him heel.

Rather than follow the crowd reaction and roll with it, they insist the fans don't know what they want and shit in their mouths. This is a company who wanted a Mania main event of Orton vs Batista without Bryan until the fan reaction forced their hands. They put Reigns in the main event several times when fans were sick of him.

Whereas AEW is doing the opposite and growing as a result. Fans wanted to see Moxley so they gave him the world title. Fans wanted to see Orange Cassidy so they gave him a push and put him in a feud with Jericho. They wanted to see Cody every week and they got him. I don't watch New Japan but I get the feeling they have a similar mentality. Give the fans satisfying conclusions to matches and stories and they'll come back for more.

Honestly, you can draw a lot of parallels between what WWE are doing now and the demise of WCW.

Honestly I feel like it's too late now.

2016 is when they should've made wholesale changes. Too much of the audience has given up on them.

The question is how do you get them back? Would less scripting and pushing who the fans like help? Yes. I don't think it's the entire solution though. There needs to be a lot at play to win them back over again.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:14 pm

Onyx wrote:
Casciavit wrote:How would you fantasy book him MT hmm

Khal Drogo esque larger than life evil heel with a stable. Probably far fetched with the current creative, so he'll most likely be plain old Roman Reigns with a few heel tendencies at best.

He had one of the scummiest title wins I've seen in a while at Payback. Laughing

Needs new music and gear imo.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:53 pm

HHH will just promote his NXT workrate stuff if he takes over. Need someone who has larger than life ideas. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:13 pm

Bah gawd heel Reigns with Heyman.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:43 pm

Is this WWE 2K Universe mode?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:44 pm

Uso plebs are still employed?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:43 pm

Probably an angle where Reigns up destroying Jey Uso to prove his heel status.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:45 pm

They should have the Uso's team up with Roman. Go all in on his Tribal Chief name that Heyman gave him.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:46 pm

All Out today. Hangman or Omega will be getting a big push coming out of this. I expect Omega to turn heel and then take the title off of Moxley within the next 2 PPV's.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:16 am

Someone catch me up please

1. Why is one of the Uso's getting a singles push?
2. When did Balor win the NXT title, is Kyle O'Riley getting a single's push, and where is Adam Cole (bay-bay)?
3. When did the Revival join AEW?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:30 am

I mean how does this not get over?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:28 pm

y'all see uso vs reigns?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:30 pm

silver wrote:Someone catch me up please

1. Why is one of the Uso's getting a singles push?
2. When did Balor win the NXT title, is Kyle O'Riley getting a single's push, and where is Adam Cole (bay-bay)?
3. When did the Revival join AEW?

1- The other one got injured, so Jey ended up winning the title contender match and they made it a cousin vs cousin storyline.

2- Don't know, don't watch NXT.

3- A few months ago during the pandemic. I'm thinking it was back in May maybe?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:32 am

Casciavit wrote:y'all see uso vs reigns?

Yes the best bit of storytelling WWE has done in ages, anyone complaining about it is a damn moron.

Also the ladder match on the same show was incredibly creative for WWE standards. Sami Zayn Handcuffed A ladder to Jeff Hardy's earlobe and then handcuffed himself to AJ knowing he had the key so he could release himself at any time.

Was great.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:29 pm

I agree. I wish wrestling was more like that these days. I wish the matches were built to tell a story coming out of it, rather than just having a match for the sake of having a match or having a spotfest with no story.

I recently really enjoyed Uso vs Reigns, and Moxley vs Darby because of that. Their matches referenced their promos which made it some gripping stuff.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:49 pm

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 20 FTi_BRhTvOTdFYarMDwSnn1e5JhNtj5nGXzG-w6y1wA

These five are undoubtedly top 5 in WWE history. Trish and Lita were highlights during a dark time (and more physically attractive) but these five left them in the dust. Becky was consistently RAW's top draw, Sasha and Bayley were having the highest rated segments on Smackdown, one of the few times NXT beat AEW on ratings was when Sasha main evented. Not to mention all the classics these five have with each other. We are missing a classic Bayley vs Becky one on one, could have had it last year but fkin Shayna was inserted between them.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:18 pm

I think 2003 is really underrated when it comes to WWE womens wrestling.

You had Victoria, Trish, Jazz, Lita, Molly Holly and they had way more air time than people will led you to believe.

I know this because I'm currently going through a back catalogue of Raw's and I'm up to 2005 now lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:07 pm

If you have the time, do yourself a favor and watch this match.

http://thechefonline.com/cgi-bin/megapro.php?File=y%26lister=none%26mirror=m6p2%26mainid=469794
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28 ... 37  Next