M99
S
McLewis
silver
Great Leader Sprucenuce
21 posters

Page 11 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:27 am

The last 2 episodes of Dynamite were really good too.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:28 am

Moxley and Omega was brilliant, i genuinely don't understand the criticism of it being too much by some.

It was no more Hardcore than matches WWE did pre PG era, hell Glass bit aside it probably wasn't anymore Hardcore than some NXT main events.

The only criticism i would have is maybe you didn't need to go straight to the unsanctioned match? I feel like you could make the argument that the feud doesn't have enough momentum behind it to justify it this quickly.

But it was great, that V Trigger through the lights was probably my favourite spot.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:55 am

Overly sensitive people who have been conditioned by WWE. It was a great match. I loved that spot too, but I also loved Mox crawling through the glass to break the submission.

Honestly, if I was playing booker I would've had Mox-Omega in a regular singles match and let Mox win.

Then had Mox-Omega in a non-sanctioned match when Mox is champion, in which Mox wins again.

Then Mox-Omega 3 happens after an Omega comeback story and Omega wins in another non-sanctioned match. You can even play the story that he went back to Japan to study deathmatch history to beat Mox at his own game.

Then Omega gets a long run with the belt to establish himself as AEW's top guy.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:05 am

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:01 pm

bah gawd almighty

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:18 pm

People are going to wildly jump to conclusions btw.

When WWE has nothing to do with it and he's contracted to Fox not WWE.

And Punk himself already confirmed the talks with Fox weeks ago, where he basically ruled out ever wrestling again.

I'm still going to enjoy it, I've watched WWE backstage clips and it's been entertaining so far and Punk will add to that further.

But people are going to be delusional about it and think it means he's coming back when that's not happening.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:People are going to wildly jump to conclusions btw.

When WWE has nothing to do with it and he's contracted to Fox not WWE.

And Punk himself already confirmed the talks with Fox weeks ago, where he basically ruled out ever wrestling again.

I'm still going to enjoy it, I've watched WWE backstage clips and it's been entertaining so far and Punk will add to that further.

But people are going to be delusional about it and think it means he's coming back when that's not happening.

He has been far more open to returning to WWE than he has been before. This could be the first step. Sting similarly initially signed a deal with 2K Games and then signed for WWE itself soon.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:33 pm

No he hasn't....

He had a interview with Collider some weeks back where he confirmed talks with Fox over this role where he said he has zero interest in wrestling again.

This isn't even that long ago either it was like 3 weeks ago.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:54 pm

And only a few weeks ago he said during an AMA he said it would take a very "big bag" for him to return. Also said stuff like I won't "not talk to them if they call, but I won't call"

This is a stark contrast to when he would trash the company and shoot down any question of him returning.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:08 pm

Guy flopped in UFC. Only way for him is WWE tbh

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:53 pm

Imagine watching this and still having the expectation he's coming back lol, it's just straight delusion.

Then you'll be disappointed when it doesn't when it's your own fault for having over the top expectations to begin with.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:57 am

I really doubt he hasn't kept up with any wrestling for 5 years.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Considering how his life has been since i don't, sounds like he completely washed his hands of it since to me.

He hasn't mentioned anything wrestling since.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:31 am

Wow didn't see that turn coming, that's going to set up feuds in NXT for months to come.

Good stuff.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:02 am

Lmfaooo Seth Rollins’ promo on RAW was hilarious. Delusional heel trying to rebuild RAW in his image is a great character.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:13 am

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/nqrqqn
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:28 am

AEW is going a bit downhill for me. Its like they're stuck between trying to feel like a legit sport with rankings, but also trying to run storylines like WWE-Lite. There's also a lot of 50/50 booking so no one looks like a superstar.

Watched NXT Takeover for the first time. Can see the appeal. Only have big matches so don't see to sit through all the filler stuff to get everyone on the card.

Balor going back to NXT is a great move for everyone. And if Owens and Rollins ever go back, it would really push NXT as an equal brand.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:05 pm

Yeah that latest AEW episode was pretty average. I do like Darby Allen though. Lots of charisma and ability there. The Jurassic trio is pretty entertaining too and The Dark Order have an interesting gimmick as well. I like that AEW are going their own way though with the rankings. WWE tried it briefly a year or so back on Smackdown and it didn't really take, but if AEW can factor it correctly into their narratives and build bigger rivalries, it can succeed.

As for WWE, for me Raw had the best opening sequence with Rollins, but NXT had the better overall show. Smackdown was again just not at the races.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:10 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:25 am

Lars Sullivan. I prefer not to speak. if I speak, I am in big trouble. big, big trouble.

It's an attitude era storyline if ever I read one.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:39 am

Wrestle Kingdom 14 night 1 was https://i.imgur.com/zi49lgS.png

The last four matches were insane. They just kept topping themselves.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:42 am

Watched both nights live. Definitely worth it. 9+ hours of wrestling just breezed through.

Favourite match: Ospreay vs Takahashi.

Favourite moment: Suzuki's music hitting.

I'm sure everyone agrees on the positives over the high match calibre and Naito finally winning so I'll just talk about the negatives that just really annoyed me:

- New Japan tries to present itself as a "real sport" with clean winners and no interference or dusty finishes etc. There's always a clean winner and loser so its clear whoever holds the belt is the best, and its clear who the main guys are. So, when Gedo blatantly pulls the ref out of the ring how is that not an automatic disqualification...? Not only that, Gedo gets into the ring and attacks Ibushi with a weapon while you've got all the young lions around the ring and everyone watching from the back and nothing happens...And its not like its the first time its happened either.

I know its wrestling and you're supposed to suspend your belief etc etc but its hard to get wrapped up in the immersion of the whole thing when the same thing has happened for the last 20+ years and everyone is too idiotic to do anything about it like have a second referee outside the ring.

- I never understand how these New Japan factions work when you get attacked post match and all your mates in your faction are no where to be seen. Or they send the weakest guy in the faction to help after the attack has already happened. Does nobody have any friends?

- Getting to challenge for the world title used to be a big deal and hard to get. You had to win the NJ Cup / G1 climax, or somehow pin the champ in the tag match. But now you can lose clean to another guy for a lesser belt, but just attack the champ at the end of the same night and move straight up to the top of the card scratch scratch
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:18 am

It's been 3 months since its debut...

So what are our thoughts on AEW thus far?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm

Last I heard it was struggling after the initial hype. Less number than NXT. Give it 2 years and it's gone imo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:05 pm

They bounced back from a ratings perspective and have demolished NXT in the last two weeks.

If they build the show around the major stars and don't give as much time to some of the indie plebs, they'll be fine I think.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 37  Next