Thimmy
Firenze
Great Leader Sprucenuce
30 posters

Page 38 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 38 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:06 pm

Warrior wrote:Which version of PS+ you guys have ?

From what i understand EXTRA would give me access to hundreds of games (do you keep them forever ?) while PREMIUM is really for hardcore gamers ??

I have Extra right now, but only for another 2 months. Once you've played the games in the catalogue that you're interested in, there's really no point in being subscribed to extra any longer. It just gives you temporary access to a catalogue of games that has some newer, AAA titles, quite a few older AAA titles, and a shit ton of old school/indie/obscure games.

From what I understand, Premium just includes the games that are available through PS NOW, which is a very similar catalogue to what you get through Extra. I suppose, one benefit of PS Now is that you can stream a lot of the games instead of having to download them, which saves you the hassle of having to delete games on the hard drive if you're running low on space. I don't know what else you get from Premium. Seems to just be Extra+PS Now.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:12 pm

From what i understand EXTRA would give me access to hundreds of games (do you keep them forever ?) while PREMIUM is really for hardcore gamers ??

You only have access to them for as long as you're subscribed to Extra or Premium. Once you downgrade to regular PS+ or stop subscribing fullstop, you won't be able to access the games even if they're on your hard drive.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:48 pm

Thanks i'll try the extra

My main fear was to have a deadline to complete my games, that would suck terribly

What i do now is wait for big promotion then i buy games for 10-20$ and stash them in my library. PS+ extra seems more convenient and maybe i save money in the process
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:37 pm

Finally i took PREMIUM

With 141 days left to my subscription, extra was 17$ and premium 27$. The access to classics catalogue made this decision a no brainer.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:36 am

Yeah, I forgot to mention the classics catalogue. I keep reading people complain about those retro/indie games on here, so I assumed it wouldn't be interesting to you.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:16 pm

Just got the tier that allows you to play some new games but not the classics, is that premium?

We got it so my gf could play Stray. Cool game, well made and has a great atmosphere. Not too much in terms of gameplay mechanics, its more of a roaming experience getting to know a post-apocalyptic/cyberpunk world.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:50 pm

Is it worth it right now? I still have the PS4 and everything works just fine, doesn't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Wanted to wait for the slim version, because honestly I think PS5 is ugly and looks very big. This is just from pics though, haven't actually seen it.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:55 pm

Vibe wrote:Is it worth it right now? I still have the PS4 and everything works just fine, doesn't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Wanted to wait for the slim version, because honestly I think PS5 is ugly and looks very big. This is just from pics though, haven't actually seen it.

I do think it's worth it, based on the games that are available for it right now, but I suppose it depends on what kinds of games you want to play on it. If you're really into racing games, for instance, your selection will be very limited. You do have a pretty good amount of options in other genres, but I do feel like the amount of games being produced in general has gone down quite drastically over the past decade or so. As for the appearance of the console, itself - that's subjective. Doesn't bother me, but it might bother you, for all I know  PlayStation 5 - Page 38 1f605

I've been busy with school, so I haven't been paying all that much attention to new game releases, but Spiderman 2 is being heaped with praise from professional critics. It's supposedly a lot better than the first one in every single regard, which makes me want to buy it although I had somewhat lukewarm expectations to begin with.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:13 pm

I play eFootball and F1, that's about it.

Though I'm looking into buying the Mass Effect trilogy and replaying it, because I will never forget how it felt the first time. It's been years and I'm looking to recapture that feeling.

That probably doesn't require a PS5. It's just nice to have something new.

Only games I ever really played were on PS1, then SWKOTOR, then Mass Effect. I went to the PS store yesterday and the choice was so enourmous that I just couldn't even decide what I want. Eventually I just bought PS Plus so I can play the classic PS1 games Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:19 pm

I always sort the games by a certain genre of them whenever I browse through the PS store. Sounds like you would manage just fine with a PS1  PlayStation 5 - Page 38 1f605

I'm not much of a classic/indie games player, myself, but I recently bought Darkest Dungeon which was on sale in the PS store, and I've been hooked on it. It has an odd and occasionally stressful/frustrating, turn based RPG setup where your characters literally suffer from stress and anxiety based on your actions or actions that are sometimes out of your control, and that occasionally makes my blood boil. It's a brutal little indie game, but I still find it to be addicting Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:06 am

I'm also still on PS4 with PSN Premium you got access to hundreds of recent games and dozens of old games at derisory cost (it's like 180$ for 12 months)

And Mass Effect trilogy is included. As far as i can tell PS5 is not worth the cost for now, given the use you make of the console. Seems like PSN extra or premium is what you're searching for.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:09 am

Warrior wrote:I'm also still on PS4 with PSN Premium you got access to hundreds of recent games and dozens of old games at derisory cost (it's like 180$ for 12 months)

And Mass Effect trilogy is included. As far as i can tell PS5 is not worth the cost for now, given the use you make of the console. Seems like PSN extra or premium is what you're searching for.

For real? I was going to buy Mass Effect as well, didn't notice it in there.

Also I really like GTA III and San Andreas, are those definitive editions PC or console as well, should probably get that too. hmm
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:15 pm

Yes i got III, VC and SA for "free"

Games get removed from time to time but you know in advance, i'll post the link when i get home. There ain't nothing interesting to be removed in foreseeable guture however.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:14 pm

I don't see Mass Effect or GTA on PS Plus hmm
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:18 am

I just checked, not sure what happened to GTA but it's gone

And i think Mass Effect (Legendary Edition Trilogy) was the monthly free game and you did not download it banana well i did and i got it in my library

All the lists are here
https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/all-ps-plus-games
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:18 pm

I didin't know you can cloud stream, that is a cool feature.

Decided to try Death Stranding cause I saw Daryl, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS THIS
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:56 pm

Was watching the 2013 Playstation E3 in which Microsoft got absolutely demolished, that was ass-whooping of the century.  Laughing

GL thread was legendary too. Proud

Game Awards coming up tomorrow. DS2 will most likely appear, secretly hoping for a Wolverine showcase, been some time since we last heard about that game.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:16 pm

Dragon's Dogma 2 looks really interesting. I didn't play the first game, but I might just buy this one.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

Permissions in this forum: