farfan
urbaNRoots
Hapless_Hans
Perucho21
Mr Nick09
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lucas Hernandez to Bayern for 80 mil - Page 2 Empty Re: Lucas Hernandez to Bayern for 80 mil

Post by Doc Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:52 am

Love the part where Madrid tried to sign the brother of the LB we are currently (slowly) getting rid of. Love that level of disrespect.

Akin to flirting with the sister of your ex. Perfect.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Lucas Hernandez to Bayern for 80 mil - Page 2 Empty Re: Lucas Hernandez to Bayern for 80 mil

Post by M99 Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:18 am

Doc wrote:Love the part where Madrid tried to sign the brother of the LB we are currently (slowly) getting rid of. Love that level of disrespect.

Akin to flirting with the sister of your ex. Perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjdn--pYMeU
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:01 pm

This one will drag to the summer. Atletico are doing everything they can to retain him right now, and while he has an offer from Bayern, Hernandez has not made up his mind about leaving. We will see if Atletico wanna pay him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:58 pm

With Brazzo as DoF in over his head, and our board becoming senile, we are turning into Manchester United post Ferguson.
Agents will now use us, our interest, our deficient squad, and our proclaimed will to spend, to get better contract for their players, and we are gullible anough to play along.

That is what Hernandez and his agent does. He's not actually planning on joining us.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:42 pm

Maybe, it's a double edge sword. It's a strategy that Griezman used to success and secured a 30 mil deal from Atletico. Now they have to make the same decision about Hernandez, pay or he leaves. Diego Godin's contract is gonna be up next summer and we might find ourselves in situation where they can't pay both, and they will choose Hernandez most likely.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:36 pm

I just hate that we're becoming part of this public transfer circus, we used to sign players without theatre, now we're increasingly having theatre without signing players.

If I remember how they didn't manage to sell Boateng to PSG despite mouthing off about it all summer, and then publicly complained that the PSG DoF was not being straight with them and unprofessional, I get the feeling we're the ones who are not up for it anymore. Our transfers have been questionable for a while now.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:52 pm

This is the new market, and any club is willing or unwilling participant, doesnt matter. Look at players like Felipe Anderson or Richarlison, good talents playing for middle of the road clubs in england. If you try to sign them, you will be asked to bring 100 mil. this is the market we now live in. Campos was in the media the other day saying he can't refuse 80 millions for Nicolas Pepe lmao. sigh

As far as the Boateng thing, it's 100% on PSG dont worry about that. Tuchel and Antero Enrique do not get along and they have different transfers lists. ultimately decisions are made in Qatar so both try to get their deals in, it's a circus.

Also, when you spend a lot of money on a sure thing, then i dont think it's money wasted, and Lucas Hernandez is as sure a player as it gets imo. He will mature into a world class center back. so having a guy right now who can play CB and LB on command at as high a letter for 80 mil, while  expensive, is not that bad a deal.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:34 pm

Don't get me wrong, I would very much welcome a Lucas, looks like a top player.

It's just a bit strange because if there's an area we're good, it's CB, and starting left back.
Hummels is rumoured to be leaving, and he's been poor, Boateng has been awful tbh, but still they are absolute elite on their day.

But I don't mind, stacking the squad is good, and overspending on the transfer clause of a team puzzle player worked well for us with Javi Martinez back in 2012.

Our main problems continue to be in wide attacking positions, right back (with Rafinha rumoured to not be offered a new contract), and most of all the position of head coach.
Lucas can't help us there, and it will all be moot until we get rid of Kovac and bring in someone better, which is admittedly difficult.
It's already difficult enough to identify an available quality manager, it's even more difficult when one half of the leadership duo doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground and has some twisted point to prove due to his personal circumstances.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:28 pm

Shame to hear Hummels has been poor.

Despite having a very impressive career it would not be a stretch to say his career has not panned the way we expected given what was projected.

Would you go into how Hummels has been in his entire tenure in Bayern, if you would?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:56 pm

@Arq, im no Bayern expert but i would argue injuries have slowly impacted his physical abilities over the past few years. When you factor in his size and weight, it's easy to understanding why he is performing worse overtime. His ability to read the game, anticipate and playmake was always elite, but if you think fast and the body can't keep up, well...

If Bayern thinking is to bring build a defense with

Alaba-Hernandez-Sule-Kimmich, then i think this is pretty outstanding, and it will put them on part with the best lines in europe again.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:43 pm

The point about Size-Weight in coordination to Injuries is actually a point that I have never thought of.

Hummels was projected beyond his defensive talent but for his ability on the ball in comparison to the obvious German legend and it just has not panned out that way since his ambitious and rightful move to Bayern.

The line-up sounds promising even if just on paper.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:58 pm

Hernandez is left footed.  He should only play LB or left CB.  You shouldn't play left footed players on the right as a general rule (much much preferable).  You don't want their strong foot to bring the ball towards goal.

Not an absolute rule obviously.  But one you want to follow if you can.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:59 pm

and you say that in answer to..?

Or just generally imparting your wisom on us?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:02 pm

I was just thinking out loud looking at Bayern's current defenders. Hummels plays on the left, does he not? I assume Alaba is untouchable. So Hernandez would play as a right CB?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:08 pm

No of course not.
Hernandez would play as left CB, as both Hummels and Boateng are in the process of being axed, and Süle would be the right CB. Both Hummels and Boateng are also of course capable if playing as the right CB.
He would also cover the LB spot, whose backup is missing since Bernat left.

Or maybe Kovac wants to try a 3 man defense like he did in Frankfurt (please kill me now), and then Lucas could play LCB with Alaba going into midfield/wing back, and maybe they still think about bringing Pavard in as the RCB.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Ah ok. Well as long as you keep him on the left. I personally think he's a better fullback than CB at this point, mainly due to height and the fact that he likes to take some risks (which isn't the best idea as a CB).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:23 pm

Sports, I have no idea what these people are doing, over there at Säbener Straße
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Not much better at Valdebebas.

I'm still stunned that you guys let Tuchel go for Kovac.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:50 pm

like Tuchel would have past on coaching Neymar + Mbappe for old man Robben and Ribery lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:52 pm

Well he is German and it is Bayern. No disrespect to PSG, but i take the Bayern job all day every day over PSG...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:
I'm still stunned that you guys let Tuchel go for Kovac.

Yep. Shocking stuff from Hoeneß.

Mr Nick09 wrote:like Tuchel would have past on coaching Neymar + Mbappe for old man Robben and Ribery lol

There were a few months during which we should have made it a done dealio before PSG approached him and he'd taken the job 100%.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:38 pm

Congrats to Bayern for signing a guy that beats women, will get along well with the tax evading sausage maker
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:22 pm

80 mln for a fullback who is not Maldini or Roberto Carlos
if we include Pavard signing it's 110 totally
they have also Alaba
Great stuff , make it  clear, but it's a Guardiola-esque move
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:25 pm

One of Hummels or Boateng will surely leave in summer, maybe both, so both Pavard and Hernandez are CBs first and foremost, while simultaneously covering the RB and LB positions of Kimmich and Alaba respectively, after Rafinha will leave and Bernat was sold.

Just hope it will not end with Kovac having us play his poverty 3-5-2.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:38 pm

Mmm for me both are fullbacks as first thing and I am always skeptical about adapting players on other roles ... but we'll see though
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:35 pm

Both of their primary positions is centre back.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next