Mamad
Valkyrja
M99
farfan
huntsman
54 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition

Post by Robespierre Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:11 pm

These his words on this Friday are surreal

-1 Have you read ? Well, Conte has NEVER talked about Conte. Not even a time. Everyone talks about Eriksen-Inter except for Conte and Marotta
Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition - Page 7 EOhQZrvXsAcRJjW?format=png&name=small

2 - That's even hilarious.

Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition - Page 7 EOhQobUXkAAl-Gr?format=png&name=small

Inter have literally no reserves.
We have a good 11 , but our depth is so bad and that's the real problem that makes hard a fight against Juve.

Imo he wanted to go back to Inter this summer, he 'd  have gone back willingly but his return was never an option for us.

And he squirms a bit for this.

But honestly for as long as I  can love him ... I prefer Conte over him in 2020.

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition - Page 7 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:18 pm

Robespierre wrote:These his words on this Friday are surreal

-1 Have you read ? Well, Conte has NEVER talked about Conte. Not even a time. Everyone talks about Eriksen-Inter except for Conte and Marotta
Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition - Page 7 EOhQZrvXsAcRJjW?format=png&name=small

2 - That's even hilarious.

Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition - Page 7 EOhQobUXkAAl-Gr?format=png&name=small

Inter have literally no reserves.
We have a good 11 , but our depth is so bad and that's the real problem that makes hard a fight against Juve.

Imo he wanted to go back to Inter this summer, he 'd  have gone back willingly but his return was never an option for us.

And he squirms a bit for this.

But honestly for as long as I  can love him ... I prefer Conte over him in 2020.

Conte has gone on his list of archenemies because he dared to come to PL, take over the Chelsea team that Mourinho had imploding and at like 12th place, and win the league without a problem and without any further investment, against Peps City no less.

He will always downplay and minimize every other achievement by other managers. You might notice that when he joined Spurs a couple of months ago, the tune was like "I joined because of these amazing players and this squad with huge potential which had lost their mentality because of Pochettino, they only need proper guidance and tactical confidence", now that he's doing even worse thn Pochettino, he'll change the tune and stress how weak and poor the squad is and how little depth and how much he needs investment. It's always like this. It's never his fault.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:59 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:New manager bump is over and now spurs are no better than with Poch

Shouldve stuck with him to the end of the season, although I suppose I can't blame levy for taking Mou off the market before Arsenal could snap him up

How do you suppose that?
For Spurs, even better than not hiring Mourinho, would have been not hiring Mourinho while Arsenal "snap him up".
I mean, what part about the fact that by now he's a terrible manager that leaves every club worse than he found it does not register with people? Puzzling.
I don't think Mou is a terrible manager, I think Spurs' issues are a matter of the squad needing a renewal. An aging CB pair, a 2nd GK not worth a lot while Lloris is injured, no FBs or DM to speak of, no creativity now that Eriksen is mentally checked out/declined, etc.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:46 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:New manager bump is over and now spurs are no better than with Poch

Shouldve stuck with him to the end of the season, although I suppose I can't blame levy for taking Mou off the market before Arsenal could snap him up

How do you suppose that?
For Spurs, even better than not hiring Mourinho, would have been not hiring Mourinho while Arsenal "snap him up".
I mean, what part about the fact that by now he's a terrible manager that leaves every club worse than he found it does not register with people? Puzzling.
I don't think Mou is a terrible manager, I think Spurs' issues are a matter of the squad needing a renewal. An aging CB pair, a 2nd GK not worth a lot while Lloris is injured, no FBs or DM to speak of, no creativity now that Eriksen is mentally checked out/declined, etc.
So why was Pochettino fired then?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:50 pm

Likely for the same reason that most managers are fired. They’re used as scapegoats to distract from issues that are much more complicated to fix. And before you ask, yes, the average fan is that gullible.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:17 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

How do you suppose that?

I mean, I think BC and I are both on the boat that he was hard done by
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:22 pm

So why are we arguing?
You guys surely don't disagree that swapping Pochettino for Mourinho is a terrible move no matter the circumstances
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:49 pm

CBarca wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I mean, I think BC and I are both on the boat that he was hard done by

I don't think firing Poch was a bad move, but replacing him with Mourinho definitely was.

Poch is a good manager, but it doesn't matter how good a manager you are, sooner or later, there will come a day when you'll no longer be able to motivate your players and get the best out of them (see Klopp's final season with Dortmund, Simeone with Atlético now, Conte with Chelsea,...). The wise move at that point would be to leave for greener pastures.

I have no doubt that wherever Poch is going to land next, he's going to be successful, but his journey with Spurs had to end after it was so obvious they grew apart.

So no, I don't think firing Poch was a bad move. However, I do think that the timing of his sack was bad and the replacement was even worse.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:34 am

I can get behind the idea that every manager has a 4-5 year cycle to work with and that perhaps Poch's time had come, but the timing and manner of his sacking was disgraceful imo
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:34 pm

sacking Poch and appointing Mourinho instead was the dumbest move imaginable

would have been a better idea even to appoint Ole

Levy killed his club with this move. The new shiny stadium will be a full time NFL stadium in no time.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:38 pm

if kane and son were on the pitch it would be a different game
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:51 pm

Unique wrote:if kane and son were on the pitch it would be a different game

meh

spurs with like 30% possession and zero chance creation whatsoever for 80 minutes

Son and Kane make no difference when you've got Mourinho as coach

He'd probably have Son man-marking Sabitzer
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:57 pm

Trash.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:58 pm

They need a new midfield. Doesn't matter who's the manager when your whole midfield is bench quality.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily White Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:13 pm

Lor' luv a duck! dis greasy portagoose fish fef 'as ruined da club. Here wees is losin' ter a Gerry second division team, what is younger van most ov me whiskey bottles. Know what I mean? Wees gots a new NFL stadium cus vees not a football team, bluuddy ell!

T'day is de day da football died

Lily White
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:53 pm

Lily White wrote: Know what I mean?

No
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:58 pm

Art Morte wrote:They need a new midfield. Doesn't matter who's the manager when your whole midfield is bench quality.
Ndombele is a good midfielder. Mou benched him and started Dele. After coming on Spurs actually started creating.

Anyways nothing new with Mou. His usual strategy of getting a 0-0 at home didn't work, but the squad was also pretty depleted. Ndombele and Tanganga probably should've started.

They could recover from just 1 away goal. They deserved to concede more.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:27 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:They could recover from just 1 away goal. They deserved to concede more.
Away goal? Spurs were playing at home fam.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:30 pm

No Kane, no Son, no defense or midfield worth mentioning. As much as I dislike Mourinho, Tottenham obviously have bigger issues than him, right now.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 pm

danyjr wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:They could recover from just 1 away goal. They deserved to concede more.
Away goal? Spurs were playing at home fam.
right so rb have an away goal, is what i meant, if spurs score 2 then rb will need to equalize
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Art Morte wrote:They need a new midfield. Doesn't matter who's the manager when your whole midfield is bench quality.
Ndombele is a good midfielder. Mou benched him and started Dele. After coming on Spurs actually started creating.

Anyways nothing new with Mou. His usual strategy of getting a 0-0 at home didn't work, but the squad was also pretty depleted. Ndombele and Tanganga probably should've started.

They could recover from just 1 away goal. They deserved to concede more.

Mourinho likes Ndombele , he just isn't match fit. He looked tired 5 mins after coming on today, and collapsed on the floor after the full whistle. He can play about 30 mins of top football atm.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:48 pm

Spurs were 14 points off the 4th place before Mourinho came, now they are only 4 points off. There's definitely been improvement under him and it's only his first season. Spurs fans are more than satisfied with him so far
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:59 pm

Spurs have the 2nd most amount of points in the league since Mou came on, it's true. We'll see how he does vs Chelsea though
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:59 pm

BusterLfc wrote:Spurs were 14 points off the 4th place before Mourinho came, now they are only 4 points off. There's definitely been improvement under him and it's only his first season. Spurs fans are more than satisfied with him so far

They're actually one point off. Performances in the EPL don't really match the results, and a big part of that is the fact that Chelsea have absolutely collapsed (which people should have seen coming tbh).

As long as the results in the EPL keep up, I don't think people will complain, but when you look at the football, it's never really convincing.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:31 am

CBarca wrote:
BusterLfc wrote:Spurs were 14 points off the 4th place before Mourinho came, now they are only 4 points off. There's definitely been improvement under him and it's only his first season. Spurs fans are more than satisfied with him so far

They're actually one point off. Performances in the EPL don't really match the results, and a big part of that is the fact that Chelsea have absolutely collapsed (which people should have seen coming tbh).

As long as the results in the EPL keep up, I don't think people will complain, but when you look at the football, it's never really convincing.

Yeah 1 point my bad. The team was at a really low point when Mourinho came, you can't expect a perfectly drilled team 3 months after he came and with lots of injuries too, you should wait for next season. There's some areas that can do strenghtening in the summer too, that defence has regressed, and a proper DM would do wonders for this team. The most important thing  this season is to get results and secure CL fooball for next season
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:00 am

My problems are more with the fact that until it was insanely clear that he couldn't, he wanted to keep playing Dier as a DM even though Dier is not good enough for the Chinese league. He wouldn't play Lo Celso until recently when Lo Celso made it clear that he was too good not to play.

N'Dombele continues to suffer under Mourinho.

It's the same old shit on a stick football we're used to with Mou but without the defense. Chelsea will be a big test. Against big teams so far he's failed against United, won against City but was lucky, and failed against Leipzig. I can't recall if that game where Pool got away with a lot of missed chances by Spurs was with Poch or Mou.

If Spurs get CL for next season, it was probably worth it.

I just want him out as soon as possible. the football is so shit
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next