Kebab
RealGunner
Mr Nick09
43 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ballon D'Or 2018 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ballon D'Or 2018

Post by McLewis Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:28 am

It was sexist full stop. For me there is no question about it. He would never have asked a male player a question like that.

That shit had me fuming.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:40 am

McLewis wrote:It was sexist full stop. For me there is no question about it. He would never have asked a male player a question like that.

That shit had me fuming.

While I'm inclined to agree that he wouldn't, he could've asked a male player to flex their abs, and no one would bat an eye. Sexist, sure. Cause for outrage? In my opinion, no. It strikes me more as poor sense of humor than intentional sexism. Just inform him of what he's done wrong, and leave it at that. There's no need to hang him out publically, unless he doesn't learn from this experience.

Coincidentally, a male, Norwegian, comedian was asked to twerk on TV, just the other day. No drama ensued.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:55 am

Elma Aveiro posted on Instagram: “Unfortunately this is the world we live in, rotten, with mafia and f******g money.

“The power of God is a lot greater than all this rottenness. God takes his time but he doesn’t fail.”

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:58 am

Yeah it might not be intentional sexism. It’s 100% sexism though imo. It’s good he learned his lesson and he seems to be ashamed enough and want to improve himself from what I’ve seen.

Also hate when stuff like this happens to men. I’ve seen plenty of times where actors like Zac Efron and Chris Hemsworth are treated like cattle. Zac Efron won best body or something at the MTV Awards and they pressured him into taking his shirt off. Absolutely disgusted me.

Edit: found the clip. Wasn’t pressure. Just straight forceful undressing.

This is sexist in every sense of the word. Just like last night. Although one is more explicit than the other.

Last edited by Freeza on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:59 am

Valkyrja wrote:It would be odd if it were meant to be given to the best footballer who is Messi. But that's  not what BDor is.
What is it then, as it certainly isn't the best performance? Kind of sad that some people think Modric was a deserving winner, when Messi had the most goals, assists, dribbles being the most marked player winning double in the toughest league in a shitty team. I would like to have 1on1 with this kind of person and study him psychologically though. Maybe even find a cure for such delusion. Fake d'Or has become a completely irrelevant title the past few years, given out of whim to marketable choice.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:03 am

McLewis wrote:He would never have asked a male player a question like that.

That's because nobody wants to see Modric twerk
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:03 am

Balon D’or voting has always been like this.

If it hadn’t merged with the other award Sneider would’ve won in 2010.

It’s always been more comparable to the American MVP award which are usually given to the best player from the most successful teams.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:05 am

Harmonica wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:It would be odd if it were meant to be given to the best footballer who is Messi. But that's  not what BDor is.
What is it then, as it certainly isn't the best performance? Kind of sad that some people think Modric was a deserving winner, when Messi had the most goals, assists, dribbles being the most marked player winning double in the toughest league in a shitty team. I would like to have 1on1 with this kind of person and study him psychologically though. Maybe even find a cure for such delusion.

i'm sure i'm going to regret this but this is it Laughing

You can't give the BalonD'or to someone for destroying minnows in the league while doing shit in CL followed by a disastrous WC campaign, not matter how talented he is. Modric while not as capable skillwise and consistent in the league, he was Croatia's best player on course to the final and the best player on the pitch in the semi finals and final of the CL.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:08 am

Valkyrja wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
What is it then, as it certainly isn't the best performance? Kind of sad that some people think Modric was a deserving winner, when Messi had the most goals, assists, dribbles being the most marked player winning double in the toughest league in a shitty team. I would like to have 1on1 with this kind of person and study him psychologically though. Maybe even find a cure for such delusion.

i'm sure i'm going to regret this but this is it Laughing

You can't give the BalonD'or to someone for destroying minnows in the league while doing shit in CL followed by a disastrous WC campaign, not matter how talented he is. Modric while not as capable skillwise and consistent in the league, he was Croatia's best player on course to the final and the best player on the pitch in the semi finals and final of the CL.
So change the definition then, given for a random player of a team that won the CL with the help of  officials and refs. Nothing else matters. I would happily award that to Fakenaldo or Modric every season.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 am

Putting aside the blatantly sexist aspect of it, who the hell talks about twerking in 2018? Who are these people that FIFA hires?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:55 am

Says everything how much league performances really matters when Messi finished 5th place behind the likes of Griezmann & Mbappé despite single-handedly leading Barca to LaLiga trophy and was No.1 in every relevent offensive stat. Don't think any other player from Europe's top 5 league was this dominant as Messi was last season.

Ballon D'Or 2018 - Page 4 DmC8JAKUYAAq2Uh

At the end of the day, performances in UCL KO-stage or WC/Euro/Copa are significantly more important compared to random league games against low/midtable fodders. It's why many RM-player were part of Ballon d'Or shortlist despite they underperformed badly in LaLiga, which doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things as shown by Messi's ending up 5th place.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 am

Of course the likes of CL and WC get the edge over domestic competitions where you face fodder in all but 2-4 matches a season. In the CL you compete for the best against the best teams, so it's weight in the BDor voting is certainly higher than domestic competitions such as La Liga or PL.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 am

Well, the league was not competitive last season, and I see he had the most shots - which tells me that "singled-handedly leading Barca to LaLiga trophy" is quite an exaggeration. I know he was a difference maker in a couple of their league matches, but ultimately I don't think it made a lot of difference.

Ballon D'Or 2018 - Page 4 2ni8bdl
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:35 am

Biggest fraud to win Ballon d'or since Michael Owen. What did he do? Was he Madrid's best player? No. Was He Croatia's best player? Also no.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq8NYTYgVAi/

Ronaldo's *bleep* Sister wrote:Melhor jogador do mundo para quem entende de futbol, claro
rofl

Like she understands football herself Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:41 am

Varnagel wrote:Says everything how much league performances really matters when Messi finished 5th place behind the likes of Griezmann & Mbappé despite single-handedly leading Barca to LaLiga trophy and was No.1 in every relevent offensive stat. Don't think any other player from Europe's top 5 league was this dominant as Messi was last season.

Ballon D'Or 2018 - Page 4 DmC8JAKUYAAq2Uh

At the end of the day, performances in UCL KO-stage or WC/Euro/Copa are significantly more important compared to random league games against low/midtable fodders. It's why many RM-player were part of Ballon d'Or shortlist despite they underperformed badly in LaLiga, which doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things as shown by Messi's ending up 5th place.

That's why 1 CL trophy worth 5 times a league title.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:52 am

Varnagel wrote:

No, Raphael Varane and Courtois were on the shortlist because they performed well for their country, in addition to performing well in the Champions League in Varane's case - which is why he ranked 7th. That makes sense, in my opinion. Are you referring to Bale, Benzema, Isco, Ramos and Marcelo? They're on the bottom of the list, below the likes of league heroes, Salah, Kane and Sergio Aguero... and Pogba.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:00 am

He asked her to twerk.? Wow, quite sexist, yes
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 am

danyjr wrote:Biggest fraud to win Ballon d'or since Fakenaldo.
Doesn't take much tbh.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:14 am

The best player individually isn't the most valuable player necessarily in a team sport.  Individual excellence in a team sport is defined, first and foremost, by team success and your + the team's ability to produce at the absolute highest level in the biggest games.  

If you're not playing for the CL and the WC titles, it doesn't mean you wouldn't do well.  HOWEVER, those who did play those games and performed greatly get extra points because they were able to get their teams there and performed at the absolute highest level.

To put it simply, Messi played in very very few top level games this calendar year and he was poor both in the WC and in the CL elimination round games...  thus his teams losing.

Stats require context and provide context.  They're not the full picture.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:22 am

Love the WC-argument which Messi WC14 and Forlan WC10 can testify. And they even were many tiers better performances than Modric WC18. Laughing

Like I said, 1-5 games in CL decide the winner team, no matter how it was won. Then take a random poll of those players, based on market, freshness, cool factor etc.

It's completely bogus.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:46 am

Modric called his Ballon d’Or win a “victory for football” as if Messi and Ronaldo aren’t generational players. The disrespect man.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:51 am

Rat-faced sewer rodent. Unreal disrespect. SMH.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:27 am

He said in the past the likes of Sneijder and Xaviesta deserved to win the award but didn't so his win was for them all who never got to win the award despite being so instrumental in their teams success.

Messi and Ronaldo are still the greatest players this generation but that doesn't mean other players in their teams are not making it possible for them to be this good. For years Ronaldo was called a tap in machine when he played for RM, now it's a disgrace that he hasn't won. Sounds more like an agenda than a reasonable argument. How else did he get his goal if not for players like Modric and co

Anyways when we win the CL this season Perez will send Modric packing and start his operation Ramos for Balon d'or campaign, someone should give Ronaldo some B blockers just in case
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:52 am

Myesyats wrote:Rat-faced sewer rodent. Unreal disrespect. SMH.

Balon D'or and 4 time CL winning rat faced sewer rodent tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:07 am

Doc wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Rat-faced sewer rodent. Unreal disrespect. SMH.

Balon D'or and 4 time CL winning rat faced sewer rodent tbh.
Fake d'Or and 4 time Uefadrid rat faced sewer rodent tbh.

Last edited by Harmonica on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:08 am

The butthurt of Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi and their fans Laughing
Mamad
Mamad