halamadrid2
Harmonica
zenmaster
Beautiful Football
Unique
Mamad
17 posters

Go down

Congrats to Luka Modric for winning the fifa best player 2018 award Empty Congrats to Luka Modric for winning the fifa best player 2018 award

Post by Mamad Mon 24 Sep - 22:02:33

cheers cheers cheers
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Congrats to Luka Modric for winning the fifa best player 2018 award Empty Re: Congrats to Luka Modric for winning the fifa best player 2018 award

Post by Unique Mon 24 Sep - 22:13:04

cant argue with this tbh but how the hell did Thibaut Courtois win keeper of the year. i know only madrid or barca players win these awards but the guy aint even played 10 games for madrid yet ffs. Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Congrats to Luka Modric for winning the fifa best player 2018 award Empty Re: Congrats to Luka Modric for winning the fifa best player 2018 award

Post by Beautiful Football Mon 24 Sep - 22:24:37

Congrats. well deserved. Hope Ronaldo stop crying and congrats Luka too.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon 24 Sep - 22:26:58

Unique wrote:cant argue with this tbh but how the hell did Thibaut Courtois win keeper of the year. i know only madrid or barca players win these awards but the guy aint even played 10 games for madrid yet ffs. Laughing Laughing

He won it because of his performance in the world cup.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon 24 Sep - 22:34:01

Mamad wrote:
Unique wrote:cant argue with this tbh but how the hell did Thibaut Courtois win keeper of the year. i know only madrid or barca players win these awards but the guy aint even played 10 games for madrid yet ffs. Laughing Laughing

He won it because of his performance in the world cup.
so its player of the year and he won it with 6 games or what ever. scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Tue 25 Sep - 7:46:16

Happy for Modric Thumbs up

zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue 25 Sep - 8:09:08

Fake football, love it.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue 25 Sep - 8:10:09

Messi voted Modric as number 1 Laughing

Argentina's journalists didn't even have Messi in the top 3

Martinez couldn't find a place in the top 3 for Hazard.....uff

http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2018/09/25/5ba95cf522601dc8278b457d.html
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue 25 Sep - 10:43:00

It's funny to see some other random Uefadrid player winning all these awards after Fakenaldo left. Shows the power of Perez co.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue 25 Sep - 11:29:14

modric was absolutely immense in january onwards. he wasn't just attacking, he was defending, playing fullback at times, tackling, making key interceptions, dictating the play all in one.
ronaldo turned it around in the 2nd half of the season but modric was a big reason for our comeback
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 25 Sep - 11:34:09

He was great... but nowhere near the best player in the world. He wasn't even the best player on Madrid from January (Ronaldo and Varane were). You also can't be the best player in the WC when you were the one who got raped in the 2nd half of the final (Pogba and Mbappe goals were directly a result of Modric not closing down the space).

Great player. But this is a farce. Ronaldo should have gotten it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue 25 Sep - 11:37:30

Ronaldo for playing well in February and March ? Embarrassing coming from people who saw Modric playing right back in the CL semifinal against Bayern Munich. What a world we live in.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue 25 Sep - 11:38:54

that's pretty harsh on modric. he had a great world cup in my opinion, in the final he was gassed because the coach refused to rotate and had beef with kovacic.

i agree ronaldo should've won, didn't want to seem like a massive fanboy here unlike some people.. (harmonica). but really modric was so great, i have him winning as well

varane was everywhere.. but when's the last time a defender won it?

Portugal were absolutely the worst team i saw this world cup, morroco and iran dominated them and ronaldo pulled a miracle until uruguay Laughing

messi was absolutely shocking this WC AND in big games on a side note.. he has zero off the ball movement and looks shockingly bad when his team don't always have possession.. @alexjanosik was right in a lot of ways
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue 25 Sep - 12:14:54

Modric is refreshing winner so I like that. Worthy winner of the award in the WC. For the full season I think I disagree. He seemed very quiet for at least the first half of the season, I remember reading in the Madrid section about decline. Ronaldo probably deserved it for how hard he hit the second half of the season, it was him who kept Madrid in the CL.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue 25 Sep - 15:13:48

FennecFox7 wrote:that's pretty harsh on modric. he had a great world cup in my opinion, in the final he was gassed because the coach refused to rotate and had beef with kovacic.

i agree ronaldo should've won, didn't want to seem like a massive fanboy here unlike some people.. (harmonica). but really modric was so great, i have him winning as well

varane was everywhere.. but when's the last time a defender won it?

Portugal were absolutely the worst team i saw this world cup, morroco and iran dominated them and ronaldo pulled a miracle until uruguay Laughing

messi was absolutely shocking this WC AND in big games on a side note.. he has zero off the ball movement and looks shockingly bad when his team don't always have possession.. @alexjanosik was right in a lot of ways

If the award was purely based on performance, I would’ve voted for Varane. CR may have ensured that we scored enough goals to advance through the tournament, but Varane’s been as solid as you’d expect from an elite defender since the start of the season, not to mention for his national team. When you factor in how often he has to compensate for his less defensively reliable partner at Real Madrid, it really makes you appreciate how stable he is at the back. If you ask me, he was more consistent and reliable than any of the other nominees. He’s got the trophies to show for it, as well, having enjoyed both international and club success in this calendar year. I wouldn’t trade him for anyone.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Tue 25 Sep - 15:35:35

Also it would be shame if Perez barbie had more best player award than the True goat. CR robbed Messi's ballon dor in 2013 when Blatter re opened voting (order by Perez) and asked voters to change their opinion, because CR scored hat trick that day. Its clear that Messi was the winner until that moment, if winner was CR, Blatter would not re open it unnecessarily

Even after that there was only 3% difference in both players points. If that poll didnt re open Messi would have won it without a doubt. it would be 6-4 in messi's favor now
So dont be sad for the media boy, he got more than he deserved

p.s I dont talk about Sneijder or Ribery dont bring it up. I talk about the war between Messi and Ronaldo
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue 25 Sep - 16:25:26

Congrats to modric fully deserved, not everything is about goals the only thing that keeps CR relevant tbh, since his overall play is shit and been shit for a while, more to footy than stats hopefully after CR and Messi Era people can go back to appreciate the rest of the game again.

@rincon don't listen rm fans when discussing rm players they live in a hyper dream world, where every season the team is trash, Flo lost it and can only be save by buying the latest youtube prospects every summer, season ends win something best team ever and Flo is a genius rinse and repeat.

chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue 25 Sep - 16:28:34

Chad is so triggered its so funny

Relax Cool

Anyway back to the topic... CR deserved that. But the argument that Modric was only good in the second half of the season; so was CR. Not a valid argument. Modric also had a better world cup and performed in the CL final aswell. But in the end it was CR's clutch goals that kept us in the tournament and he was really our best player!
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Tue 25 Sep - 18:34:27

im really happy for modric, been underappreciated for some years.

wish varane was there, afterall he's a beast for both UCL winner and WC winner teams.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Wed 26 Sep - 0:36:02

cr7 deserved nothing. scoring a couple of tap ins and 1 bicycle in the round of 16 and quarters, doesn't deserve anything.

his hat trick against spain was meh since spain are bad. other than that he did nothing at the WC.

he shouldn't even be top 3.

top 3 should be made up of either modric, messi, griezmann, salah and mbappe.

modric deserved winner. best RM player last few years. only time real madrid got knocked out of CL last 5 years was when modric was injured in the semis against juve.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed 26 Sep - 0:59:46

BORUSSIA!! wrote:cr7 deserved nothing. scoring a couple of tap ins and 1 bicycle in the round of 16 and quarters, doesn't deserve anything.

his hat trick against spain was meh since spain are bad. other than that he did nothing at the WC.

he shouldn't even be top 3.

top 3 should be made up of either modric, messi, griezmann, salah and mbappe.

modric deserved winner. best RM player last few years. only time real madrid got knocked out of CL last 5 years was when modric was injured in the semis against juve.

The main reason why we lost that game was because Marcelo was a calamity in defense. They took full advantage of his lack of defensive discipline and ran his side ragged. We also fielded off-form Varane instead of Pepe, who wasn't fit at the time. With Modric out, we fielded Kroos, Isco and James in midfield. There was no way we were going to keep a clean sheet. Juventus had injuries to key players, as well. Barca went on to win the CL, as the only top team that didn't have any injuries or suspensions. MSN were in red hot form, as well. Having Modric around would've definitely helped, but I think you're giving him a bit too much credit.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed 26 Sep - 7:17:34

Has come sooner than I thought someone other than Messi or Ronaldo to win it...

Interesting that Messi actually voted for Ronaldo in his top 3, but as expected Ronaldo would never vote for Messi Very Happy A lot of ppl voted for Varane and Mbappe and Grizemann.

So now its only the Ballon D'or left but thats end of the year so will it still be Modric favourite to win that?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri 5 Oct - 16:05:45

So amidst the rape allegations, it's pretty obvious Modric is going to win the Balon d'Or this year since Ronaldo is a soon to be convicted rapist...

Basically, congratulations Modric! Ronaldo IS NOT winning this one.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum