VanDeezNuts
CBarca
Blue
Mr Nick09
Harmonica
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Modric WC18 Golden Ball was one of the worst Empty Modric WC18 Golden Ball was one of the worst

Post by Harmonica Sat 21 Jul 2018, 14:13

Modric WC18

Modric WC18 Golden Ball was one of the worst 8gYboqW

2 goals from 2 great scoring chances
9 great scoring chances created
15 players beaten by dribble (OPTA)
tackles (OPTA)

Goals (Scored + Assisted + Involved)
6 (2 (1p) + 1 + 3) out of 14 team goals = 43% importance (+ 2 SO Goals)

Goals Scored

Nigeria 1
Argentina 1

Great Scoring Chances Missed

Denmark 1
Russia 1

Great Chances Created

Nigeria 1
Argentina 1
Denmark 1
Denmark 2
Russia 1
Russia 2
Denmark 3
England 1
France 1

For a Golden Ball performance Modric WC18 isn't good, for me it's the third worst performance. It's pretty equal to Charlton 66, maybe slightly better. Both were involved the same amount of team goals 45% vs 43%, both advanced the play same by dribbling 15 players, and although Modric created more chances, Charlton tackled more and were better round by round in four games to three.

This again gives additional perspective how good Messi WC14 performance really was, and how football journalist work for creating exaggerated headlines (mostly fake) to drive traffic to their sites, and how this then usually gets instilled on football fans memory. Messi scored twice the goals, was involved almost all the team goals 88% to 43%, created twice the great chances, was round by round better in 6 games, advanced the game by dribbling three times more and even had the same amount of tackles. Croatia even conceded two goals directly because Modric failed tackle on his man. Whole deluded football world shat on Messi WC14, and didn't bat an eye for Modric's WC18 Golden Ball, and that alone shows why football today is fake on media level.

World Cup performance index, considering statistics, the best (and worst) plays, importance and relation of quality of opposition and own team. Color highlighted as golden, silver, bronze ball, or not in Top 3.

Maradona 86
Messi 14

Kempes 78
Jairzinho 70

Robben 14
Cruyff 74
Forlan 10
Romario 94
Eusebio 66
Pele 70
Rossi 82

G.Müller 70
Schillaci 90
Suker 98
Ronaldo 02
Charlton 66
Modric 18
Ronaldo 98
Zidane 06

All the details in here: http://www.goallegacy.net/t36526p125-most-controversial-world-cup-golden-ball-s-since-1966#1881733
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Modric WC18 Golden Ball was one of the worst Empty Re: Modric WC18 Golden Ball was one of the worst

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat 21 Jul 2018, 14:25

One of the worst post i have ever seen on the forum. If there is one evidence you dont watch football here it is, judging his world cup by how many goals or chances on goal he created.

what an absolute clown ass joke this is

ps: i hope people dont reply to this thread so it can disappear from our sight in the gen sec
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Modric WC18 Golden Ball was one of the worst Empty Re: Modric WC18 Golden Ball was one of the worst

Post by Harmonica Sat 21 Jul 2018, 14:32

Mr Nick09 wrote:One of the worst post i have ever seen on the forum. If there is one evidence you dont watch football here it is, judging his world cup by how many goals or chances on goal he created.

what an absolute clown ass joke this is

ps: i hope people dont reply to this thread so it can disappear from our sight in the gen sec
Umm those are one of the ways performances can be quantified yes. If you don't quantify performance's how do you judge them then?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat 21 Jul 2018, 15:44

You really could argue he was not even Croatia best player by the end of the tournament.

Modric is a wonderful player, truthfully he was not deserving.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat 21 Jul 2018, 16:30

I mean, I agree Messi 14 was underrated, but every time I read the words "advanced the ball" as a statistic some part of me dies
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat 21 Jul 2018, 16:50

Blue wrote:You really could argue he was not even Croatia best player by the end of the tournament.

Watching the games although I didn't concentrate on him, I would say dangerous chances started mostly from Rakitic, and Rakitic was more involved player than Modric.

CBarca wrote:I mean, I agree Messi 14 was underrated, but every time I read the words "advanced the ball" as a statistic some part of me dies
Well dribbling is the only way of player advancing the game individually. Dribbling one player, you have one opponent less between ball and the goal. Otherwise it's just team dynamic which advances the game. Dribbling, or advancing the game individually is the reason why Hazard is 200M player, because in goal scoring he certainly isn't one.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat 21 Jul 2018, 17:50

Harmonica wrote:
Blue wrote:You really could argue he was not even Croatia best player by the end of the tournament.

Watching the games although I didn't concentrate on him, I would say dangerous chances started mostly from Rakitic, and Rakitic was more involved player than Modric.

More evidence you didn't watch the WC.

Rakitic was mostly a passenger for Croatia, Modric was head and shoulders the main man. Perisic, and Rebic also had great WC's but to say Modric was not the main man (basically everything started from or went through him) just shows a lack of understanding.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 21 Jul 2018, 19:11

There were no stand out overall performances at this WC. Modric was one of the best, although that penalty miss against Denmark should count quite a bit against him. I suppose I'm fine with him getting the award, but this WC certainly won't be remembered for any one player.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat 21 Jul 2018, 19:32

vanDEEZ wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

More evidence you didn't watch the WC.

Rakitic was mostly a passenger for Croatia, Modric was head and shoulders the main man. Perisic, and Rebic also had great WC's but to say Modric was not the main man (basically everything started from or went through him) just shows a lack of understanding.

Not true at all. Modric was not head and shoulders the main man.
Rakitic completely outshone him in the knockouts and played a great final. In fact, in the final, all of the good plays and passes went through Rakitic while Modric went hiding. Croatia's best players were Perisic, Mandzukic and Rakitic from the midfield.
This award is a legacy award and for a goal against Argentina.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat 21 Jul 2018, 20:07

I guess I’ll agree to disagree. For me Rakitic was more a foil to Modric controlling games and scored some steely penalties, but outperformed Modric in any match? No. Certainly not in the group phase or the first 2 knockout matches.

You actually think there is literally zero reason what so ever that Modric was awarded the golden ball besides 1 goal against Argentina? So you're going with the corruption/Illuminati angle?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sat 21 Jul 2018, 20:29

Would not Messi called a flop if he played like Modric and lost to France in the final? But for Modric it was a big success. see the difference?

There is a big gap in reputation. Losing any game is a disaster for messi, doesnt matter if its the final or not final. If fact Messi played in 3 finals and lost. He was called flop after all those cups

Messi was considered best of all time in 2014 after winning 4 ballon dors and scoring 91 goals, breaking every record possible and he was not the turtle he was today, he was fast and freak of nature. At that time comparison with maradona and pele was at its highest level and anything less than winning WC was considered flopping for him. He should have outperformed everyone by big distance like he did in Barcelona and win it all. this was messi standard, anything less is a decrease in reputation and it makes you flop

So after the WC people said he is not the player we all acknowledged, he is a flop and doesnt deserve wc golden ball

Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat 21 Jul 2018, 23:04

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't understand the Modric hype. I saw Rakitic at least as equally good as well. And as always in the biggest moments Modric went hiding whereas Rakitic didn't.

Only 1 standout game in the groups against Argentina. Absolutely agreed.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat 21 Jul 2018, 23:42

futbol wrote:Absolutely agreed.

this, yeah.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun 22 Jul 2018, 01:03

What a coincidence, every Real fan in this thread favors Modric and every Barca fan favors Rakitic Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun 22 Jul 2018, 01:08

We give you a lot of latitude on your posts, Harmonica, perhaps more than you deserve, but this is a bridge too far.

I'm not going to lock this thread, but I am going to put it where it belongs.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun 22 Jul 2018, 01:20

What's wrong with it?

I don't think there was a clear standout player this WC, but I also think it's absolutely fair to say Modric was one of the less remarkable players to win it compared to past winners.

Messi had a better WC in 2014 than Modric did, but he got 10x more abuse for winning it. What's wrong with calling out the double standards?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun 22 Jul 2018, 01:38

Unremarkable, definitely. Undeserved, disagree. He would have deserve it as much as Rakitic or Pogba. It was just that sort of WC where a few guys have had a serious claim to the prize (due to whatever reason one can come up with).

I liked that Modric won it, I also would have liked if Rakitic won it. Feel a lot of Madrid/Barca fans just needed another excuse to argue with one another. This doesn't apply to Harmonica, he is a Messi fan.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun 22 Jul 2018, 02:04

This topic would still be in the GS had it been created by a neutral. The chances of the discussion being more objective and in good faith would've been better.

With harmonica, there's not much of a chance with that. He's hopelessly partisan and the lack of effort in even trying to make this a good faith discussion annoyed me.

Personally and on topic - I think Modric is quite deserving of the award. He was indefatigable, kept his side in every scrap they found themselves in, and barely put a foot wrong all tournament from what I saw of him. He's a worthy recipient in my book.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun 22 Jul 2018, 02:04

Rakitic or Modric could have won it. Pogba too. Maybe even Hazard?

The quality in this world cup was poor, and so it makes sense that the winner of this world cup golden ball would compare poorly to others.

I'm fine with Modric winning it. He was easily the best group stage player and I think he was still very decent in the knockouts. I think he tired as the tournament went on, though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun 22 Jul 2018, 07:23

McLewis wrote:We give you a lot of latitude on your posts, Harmonica, perhaps more than you deserve, but this is a bridge too far.

When somebody actually posts a valid and researched argument it gets moved to right back. I'm starting to think you're being paid by some pr department, because you keep the "Rinaldo is goat and stfu threads" there instead lmao. There no way an adult mod would be so biased, or stupid, otherwise.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun 22 Jul 2018, 07:45

CBarca wrote:Rakitic or Modric could have won it. Pogba too. Maybe even Hazard?
Hazard was easily better than Modric, scored more, created more, dribbled more. Watching the stats it possibly could even be one of the best performances in World Cup, ever. Maybe I will check it next.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun 22 Jul 2018, 10:43

Harmonica wrote:
McLewis wrote:We give you a lot of latitude on your posts, Harmonica, perhaps more than you deserve, but this is a bridge too far.

When somebody actually posts a valid and researched argument it gets moved to right back. I'm starting to think you're being paid by some pr department, because you keep the "Rinaldo is goat and stfu threads" there instead lmao. There no way an adult mod would be so biased, or stupid, otherwise.

I make enough money on my own, bud. My presence here is merely for my own entertainment.

As for bias. I truly don't watch enough La Liga to care one way or another.  I may strongly dislike Lazio, but I respect the talent of many of their players. It's not hard. You should try it some time. That's the whole point I'm making.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue 24 Jul 2018, 14:07

McLewis wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

I make enough money on my own, bud. My presence here is merely for my own entertainment.

As for bias. I truly don't watch enough La Liga to care one way or another.  I may strongly dislike Lazio, but I respect the talent of many of their players. It's not hard. You should try it some time. That's the whole point I'm making.
You don't make any sense, this is the most researched and well put argument in general section, and you moved it, just because?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 24 Jul 2018, 15:28

I hope you're a different person in real life, Harmonica, for the sake of the people around you
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue 24 Jul 2018, 15:46

Harmonica wrote:
CBarca wrote:I mean, I agree Messi 14 was underrated, but every time I read the words "advanced the ball" as a statistic some part of me dies
Well dribbling is the only way of player advancing the game individually. Dribbling one player, you have one opponent less between ball and the goal. Otherwise it's just team dynamic which advances the game. Dribbling, or advancing the game individually is the reason why Hazard is 200M player, because in goal scoring he certainly isn't one.

It's a combination of an individual action (the pass) and team dynamic. You make it sound like playing the pass is not an actual skill. Simply wrong and not taking passing into account is horrible if you actually want to talk about a players quality / performance.

That being said i actually agree that Modric wasn't all that.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next