Nishankly
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
BarrileteCosmico
Unique
39 posters

Page 16 of 35 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 35  Next

Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 16 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:33 am

futbol wrote:I really want them to go though. They've always done their own thing anyway (no Schengen member, no Euro currency) and been a loyal US vassal. Hope they enjoy their chlorinated chickens and genetically manipulated food which the US will shove down their throats if they want to have any sort of trade deal with them.

Laughing

Your anti-US language is usually a lot more reasonable than this

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 16 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by Doc Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:39 am

Did not think this nonsense would have gone on for so long.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:41 am

What's your personal best case scenario right now? What would you like to happen? @RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:06 am

CBarca wrote:
futbol wrote:I really want them to go though. They've always done their own thing anyway (no Schengen member, no Euro currency) and been a loyal US vassal. Hope they enjoy their chlorinated chickens and genetically manipulated food which the US will shove down their throats if they want to have any sort of trade deal with them.

Laughing

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/03/01/dont-let-smears-us-farms-trap-britain-eus-museum-agriculture/

This week the United States published our objectives for a future trade deal with the UK. We are now ready to negotiate the most ambitious and comprehensive trade deal in the history of our special relationship. And of course we want agriculture to be part of those negotiations – it is a great opportunity for both of us.

Article is behind a paywell but the US ambassador calls the strict EU laws on food "aggricultural museum" while the US would be using the newest technologies to feed the world with cheaper hormone beef so it's time Britain opens its market for US products post EU. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:09 am

CBarca wrote:

Laughing

Is it, though?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/25/us-uk-trade-chlorinated-chicken-fox-ross.html

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2019/01/18/us-agribusiness-lobby-calls-on-trump-to-target-uk-food-and-environment-rules-in-brexit-trade-deal/
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:10 am

I’m sure we can still buy organic eggs from Lidl after we leave guys. rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:13 am

Or am I missing something. Will all organic food be removed from our shops when we leave. Are the French saying no more organic food for the Brits after brexit. Well it won’t be the French will it we just say boo. And they will surrender the threat Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:59 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
CBarca wrote:

Laughing

Is it, though?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/25/us-uk-trade-chlorinated-chicken-fox-ross.html

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2019/01/18/us-agribusiness-lobby-calls-on-trump-to-target-uk-food-and-environment-rules-in-brexit-trade-deal/

I should have been more clear

I think that the idea the US would shove chlorinated chicken and genetically modified food down the throats of the UK is absolutely true and likely to happen.

I just don't really see the problem with either chlorinated chicken or genetically modified food
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:12 am

In the 2011 U17 Football World Cup in Mexico, 109 footballers were positively tested on HGH after eating steak from the cantine. German national team was negative because they had their own cook. Laughing

Sure, you're not going to die because of it, you're not going to eat steak every day anyway, but I'd rather avoid eating stuff which would make me fail a doping test. Also it's still unknown what long-term effects it could have on children, pregnant women or even women in general (many are already fighting with hormone imbalances in daily life). You'd be surprised what treatments many women have to go through to be able to get pregnant.

Should be a no-brainer to avoid meat filled with hormones and antibiotics.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:44 am

futbol wrote:In the 2011 U17 Football World Cup in Mexico, 109 footballers were positively tested on HGH after eating steak from the cantine. German national team was negative because they had their own cook. Laughing

Sure, you're not going to die because of it, you're not going to eat steak every day anyway, but I'd rather avoid eating stuff which would make me fail a doping test. Also it's still unknown what long-term effects it could have on children, pregnant women or even women in general (many are already fighting with hormone imbalances in daily life). You'd be surprised what treatments many women have to go through to be able to get pregnant.

yeah i think nascar was being sarcastic when he said

I just don't really see the problem with either chlorinated chicken or genetically modified food
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:39 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

And rumor has it May will ask for a 21 month extension (the date when the UK will no longer have any budgetary commitments to future EU projects).

Could we please fucking not? Imagine living with this uncertainty and angst for 2 more years.
Looks like this is the way we are going
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Did any of the mainstream parties supported leaving EU? I mean what caused the referendum?
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:19 pm

futbol wrote:In the 2011 U17 Football World Cup in Mexico, 109 footballers were positively tested on HGH after eating steak from the cantine. German national team was negative because they had their own cook. Laughing

Alright, to each their own. I guess I shouldn't have said that your rhetoric is usually more reasonable because your argument isn't unreasonable even if I disagree with it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

And rumor has it May will ask for a 21 month extension (the date when the UK will no longer have any budgetary commitments to future EU projects).

Could we please fucking not? Imagine living with this uncertainty and angst for 2 more years.

Why would the EU agree to this extension though?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:21 pm

CBarca wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

because they want to take the brits for everything they can. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:39 pm

Unique wrote:
CBarca wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Literally the opposite of reality. It's the UK that wants an extension, not the EU.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:28 pm

rincon wrote:
Unique wrote:
CBarca wrote:

Literally the opposite of reality. It's the UK that wants an extension, not the EU.
the EU are happy with the extention in the hope a deal can be made. the EU dont want a no deal because they will get fuck all from the divorce
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:28 pm

rincon wrote:
Unique wrote:
CBarca wrote:

the EU are happy with the extention in the hope a deal can be made. the EU dont want a no deal because they will get fuck all from the divorce
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:03 pm

@Unique, is that double post just for emphasis or is it your age showing!!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:58 pm

futbol_bill wrote:@Unique, is that double post just for emphasis or is it your age showing!!!!
no man my mouse is fucked. sometimes it double clicks when i only click once. fucking thing is pissing me off. i need to replace it because a single post from me is more than people can take so a double post does not go down well Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:28 pm

Exactly why I asked?

On a separate note, you should get yourself checked out rather than the mouse. Computer misbehaving is often a sign of senility!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:50 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Exactly why I asked?

On a separate note, you should get yourself checked out rather than the mouse. Computer misbehaving is often a sign of senility!
a man of your age would be a expert on such matters. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:55 pm

Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:30 pm

RKO OUT OF NOWHERE
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:53 pm

He has buried May ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:What's your personal best case scenario right now? What would you like to happen? @RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 35 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25 ... 35  Next