Doc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McLewis
36 posters

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Official Roma Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Roma Thread

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:48 am

Gianluca Di Marzio has reported that tomorrow there will be a meeting between Roma and representatives from Galatasaray to discuss central defender Ozan Kabak. The goal of the Giallorossi is to beat the competition to the young Turk, who is also liked by Inter: the player has a €7.5 million buyout clause, however, manager Faith Terim spoke to the youngster and asked him to stay until June, so Roma could decide to leave him in Turkey until next summer. In tomorrow’s meeting, there will be a clearer picture of the margins of the negotiation and Roma’s will.

On the face of it, this resembles the William Bianda deal, but in reality this is a bit different as Bianda has no top-flight experience. Kabak, despite his tender age, is already a starter at Galatasaray, which is quite impressive. Whereas Bianda is with our Primavera, this kid would likely walk right into our first team.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:52 am

I. MUST. HAVE. IT
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:00 pm

McLewis wrote:

I. MUST. HAVE. IT
It looks good. But may be they should have kept the original color (red?) in the bottom part of the logo
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:17 am

Yeah it seems to be rather divisive, as is usually the case with our 3rd kits. I'm just glad to see them return to the navy blue. Reminds me of our 01-02 3rd kit.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:07 am

Roma are the hot favourites to sign €28m-rated Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali, according to Sportitalia.

The 18-year-old is nicknamed the ‘new Andrea Pirlo,’ although he insists they have very different playing styles.

He has been linked with all the big clubs, including Juventus, Milan, Inter, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Sportitalia transfer pundit Alfredo Pedullà claims Roma have put themselves in pole position thanks to other deals with Brescia.

They are ready to sell Under-20 Italy international midfielder Andrea Marcucci to Brescia, laying the groundwork for Tonali in future.

Roma are building a remarkably strong Italy-centric midfield with the likes of Lorenzo Pellegrini, Bryan Cristante and Nicolò Zaniolo.

Kid is the hottest property outside of Serie A right now so I don't know how much I believe this report, but one can hope.

Roma have made an offer to sign Wilmar Barrios on loan with option to buy from Boca Juniors for €24m, claim reports in Argentina.

The 25-year-old midfielder had already been heavily linked with a Giallorossi move over the summer.

According to TyC Sports, the proposal is to sign Barrios on loan for six months with an option to buy in June for €24m, which represents his release clause.

He is a Colombia international who participated in the 2018 World Cup and joined Boca in the summer of 2016.

This one only makes sense if we miss out on Tonali imo. I didn't watch enough of Colombia at the WC or any Boca at all to know what kind of player he is so I don't have anything else to add.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:53 am

For anyone that wants to know exactly why it's taking so long for us to get a stadium, this is a must read.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:58 am

Tonali is begging us to sign him. Said Milan is his favorite club since childhood and he would love to play under Gatusso.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:43 am

Yeah I read that as well. What are the details on what Milan are offering Brescia for him?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:52 am

Don't think we offered anything for him yet. Its just his agent and him talking about Milan being his ideal destination.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:53 am

Gotcha. Where and how do you see him fitting into your squad?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:54 am

My official analysis of that Atalanta game: Roma happened.

The end.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:10 am

McLewis wrote:My official analysis of that Atalanta game: Roma happened.

The end.
rofl The Official Roma Thread - Page 8 2276801876 Sad
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:03 pm

Seriously though. I'm not surprised. We struggle against Atalanta whether it's home or away, especially away. Shitting the bed like this is frustrating, but very predictable.

Highlight? Dzeko and SES back to scoring again, Nzonzi having one of his best matches in a Roma shirt and Karsdorp continuing to be a good option at RB over Florenzi, who should get time further up the wing.

Marcano was not particularly good at CB though. Still failing to justify not being sold this month. Hopefully the reports about Mancini are true though as that could be light at the end of that tunnel.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:26 pm

Roma are reportedly in talks to sign Besiktas and Croatia defender Domagoj Vida.

According to Gianluca Di Marzio’s website, negotiations are ‘in progress’ to take Vida to Roma.

The Sky Sport Italia journalist writes the Giallorossi are keen on strengthening their backline this month and have moved for the 29-year-old.

The former Dynamo Kiev stopper only joined Besiktas last January but has been linked with multiple moves away since helping Croatia reach the 2018 World Cup Final.

Di Marzio adds Vida has also been ‘offered’ to Inter and that Fulham ‘like’ him, but he was deemed ‘too expensive’ for Claudio Ranieri’s side.

I like it. He looked rather good at the WC. Need to know the financials though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:27 pm

The quiet January transfer market of Roma could soon become active. SportMediaset report that the Giallorossi are closing in on Boca Juniors midfielder Wilmar Barrios, who is nearing the exit door of the Buenos Aires side. Reportedly, Roma and Boca have been in talks for some time: the Giallorossi’s initial offer was a loan with an option to buy while Boca wanted an obligation to buy — the last step, though, was made in recent hours on the basis of paid loan for 18 months worth €5 million with an obligation to buy for €16 million contingent upon the player making a certain number of appearances. Barring any late-entrance from another European club, the Giallorossi seem to have the upper-hand on the track that leads to Barrios.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:11 am

Dzeko's brace was highly unexpected and in the sheer confidence of the finishes given his recent mentality but those are goals only a honed assassin like him can perform even on the darkest days of his career to which, he has oddly never had any club or country.

SES currently is Roma's Serie A leader but the cynic in me for him see's another bottom of the foot injury to which was 50% of the reason we've yet to see his astronomic talent fulfilled. Was lovely seeing him come off a random spectating of a Snooker event to a classy finish.

Florenzi has the look of one who can slot as a fullback if a coach looks at his ground traits yet this is a common mistake and for years this has limited Alessandro for his key points that bring out his central tendencies and where he truly thrives on the pitch and that is where he has the option of drifting from deep and not just from the sidelines. Karsdorp is tailormade for a FB role and I am glad EDF has paired with the Dutchman to utilise whom is touted as the clear future right-back for Holland.

Marcano, shame to see he isn't living up to what has been a sizeably overlooked career. I do feel given more time he will come to fruition once his communication settles with a backline partner and a clear role in comparison to his very dominant role given within Porto.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:18 am

Where do you see Florenzi fitting in with the national team, Arq?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:10 am

Mezzala role ala Camoranesi and not just given Mancini's affinity for such a role but it covers the team's frailty to the wide positions in defence since Florenzi is just so efficient in tracking forward and back and completes work that is so highly overlooked for club and country.

Players like this have a blessing and a curse and in the latter used mercilessly for the completeness they possess and it has noticeably left Alessandro undeveloped in the facets of his game that were poised to develop.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:54 am

Yeah that's an excellent comparison. Camoranesi was such an unsung hero, especially in the 2006 team. Florenzi gets a lot of stick from Romanisti, but he remains my favorite player of this new generation. He's their leader. Dude hustles harder than anyone else and is so humble. He's still got quite a few years left with Italy and I hope he's able to be our next representative the way DDR has been.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:02 am

Florenzi was unfortunate that Roma had no proper right backs for so long. At this point he probably won't be starting in midfield, more likely a sub role for the whole right side.

He won't bench Bernardeschi/Chiesa on the RW or Verratti/Pellegrini on the RCM, but should be useful for all the roles.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:42 pm

I have no words for that Coppa Italia destruction. Speechless.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:55 pm

WTF, was Rudi Garcia's ghost on the bench tonight? Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:34 pm

Sitting alongside 2007 Spalletti as well probably.

This is why I don't really consider us a truly big club. We never will be until we banish this tendency to capitulate in the extreme.

This is probably the most egregious and unacceptable of these bad losses because it came in a competition that doesn't matter against a team who as far from elite as we are.

And now we have Milan up next and Porto as well. If this could happen against Fiorentina, it absolutely can against either or both of them.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:47 am

Tonight’s 7-1 humiliation at the hands of Fiorentina prompted reports Roma could sack Eusebio Di Francesco for Paulo Sousa or Antonio Conte.

The Giallorossi were already 4-1 down in the Coppa Italia quarter-final when Edin Dzeko saw red for dissent.

Federico Chiesa went on to complete his hat-trick, with Giovanni Simeone’s late brace and Marco Benassi also on target.

It was such a shocking defeat, in the tournament that Roma had the most realistic hope of winning, that it could spell the end for Coach Di Francesco.

This also came just days after the Lupi fumbled a 3-0 lead to draw 3-3 with Atalanta in Serie A.

According to Sportitalia, former Fiorentina Coach Sousa is the option available to take over right now, whereas Conte could be an option given a little more time to work out the personal terms.

Roma have a huge showdown with Milan coming up for fourth place and the Champions League spots this weekend.

Eusebio Di Francesco ruled out the possibility of resigning after Roma’s 7-1 humiliation against Fiorentina. “Tactics are pointless without mentality.”

The Coppa Italia quarter-final defeat arrived just days after they fumbled a 3-0 lead to draw 3-3 with Atalanta in Serie A.

“Any comment I make now would be superfluous,” the Coach said in the Press conference.

“We cannot afford to be embarrassed like that and behave that way during a game. It was a terrible performance in every area.

“I want to make my evaluations with a cool head, not in the heat of the moment, because to be honest my mood right now is not the best.

“I will reflect on the situation and I am sure the club will too. Tonight’s match confirmed some issues that had been only hinted at during the campaign.

“However, I can rule out a resignation. That has never been a thought in my mind.”

Di Francesco was asked what had disappointed him the most this evening.

“That in the moment of difficulty, we lost our heads. I don’t think my goalkeeper made a save and yet we conceded seven goals. Until now, Roma have had one of the best defences in Serie A. Unfortunately, tactics are worthless when they are not accompanied by other elements.

“We had talked about it with a smile in recent weeks, discussing a team that had ‘recovered’ from its ills. But we lose ourselves so easily, it is simply a psychological issue. We can do all the tactical debate we want, but without mentality, it’s pointless.

“All we can do is apologise to our fans. I struggle to explain what happened, as it was a game we got wrong in every conceivable way. It was shameful.

“The frustrating thing is it’s so inexplicable. Every time we think we are healed, we discover the illness is still there.”

Amid reports of a row between Edin Dzeko and Bryan Cristante, it’s rumoured Roma will sack Eusebio Di Francesco to bring in Paulo Sousa.

The 7-1 defeat to Fiorentina in the Coppa Italia quarter-final was a devastating blow and one that seems to have sealed Di Francesco’s fate.

Although the Coach insisted he would not resign and director Monchi assured there was no intention of dismissing him, Sportitalia claim President Jim Pallotta has other plans.

He has long been frustrated with Di Francesco and this could well have been the final straw.

It’s reported he has been in talks with advisor Franco Baldini, who convinced him to go for ex-Fiorentina boss Sousa.

The Portuguese tactician is currently a free agent, as he was sacked by Chinese club Tianjin Quanjian in October.

There might be one final chance against Milan this weekend, a showdown for fourth place in Serie A.

Meanwhile, there are also reports of problems within the Roma squad, as TeleRadioStereo and Rai Sport noted during the Coppa game that Dzeko and Cristante were having a furious row.

They seemed to insult each other when preparing to take a free kick and shortly after Dzeko was sent off for dissent, with some footage even suggesting he might’ve spat at the referee.

The squad was meant to return from Florence to Rome on the train, but in order to avoid potential crowd problems of being greeted at the station by angry fans, they took a coach instead.

There were still some ultras waiting for the bus, throwing objects and hurling insults at the players.

Antonio Conte said he is “waiting for the next destination, but I have not received any offers from Italian clubs. Chelsea is the past now.”

The former Italy, Juventus and Chelsea Coach spoke to Sky Sport Italia this evening.

“I’m fine, very good. I certainly miss the training ground, but I had decided to have some rest for this year. I am very relaxed and waiting for the next destination.

“I went to see Atalanta v Juventus, as I flew in to Milan from London to attend the game. I have not received any offers from Italian clubs.”

Conte was asked if he knew that Maurizio Sarri’s Chelsea had lost 4-0 to Bournemouth in the Premier League this evening.

“I didn’t know. Chelsea is the past for me now. I don’t want to talk about it, especially as there is still legal action on-going between me and the club.”

There have been reports linking Conte with the jobs at Inter and as of today Roma, seeing as the Giallorossi crashed out of the Coppa Italia with a humiliating 7-1 defeat to Fiorentina.

RomaPress – Roma president James Pallotta is staying relatively quiet following the Giallorossi’s humiliating defeat in the Coppa Italia at the hands of Fiorentina. The American is responding the same to every journalist or news outlet this evening when asked about the future of Eusebio Di Francesco and a potential dismissal as he simply says, “Ask Monchi”.

Sporting director Ramon Monchi after the Giallorossi’s 7-1 embarrassment at the hands of Fiorentina in the Coppa Italia:

ROMA TV

Difficult to comment on an evening like this.
It’s perhaps the most difficult — for me, it is the most difficult day in my time as a sporting director. I’ve never experienced such a match. It’s difficult. All I can do is apologise to the fans and everyone because I can imagine how they’re feeling right now. It’s not the time to make assessments, we have to wait. Right now, I can only say, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry”.

Did you have a feeling this would happen?
I do not think any of the players wanted to play badly, today everything went wrong. I was in the dressing room before the match — the players wanted to win. I think that in the last 5/6 matches, if we disregard the second half in Bergamo, the team was not doing badly.

MIXED ZONE

The lowest point of your career.
You learn every day. Today is a new lesson, you need to be good at finding solutions. The solutions are dressing room. I can already tell you that Roma won’t do anything on the market, I believe the team is here and we have to find a solution in the team. That’s my first thought: supporting the team, who are also suffering, but the fans are the ones who suffered most. I’m sorry, but now we have to stay close to them.

Is the manager at risk?
No, no. If anyone under question it is the sporting director who created the team and gave trust to Di Francesco. Today the players and managers have the maximum amount of trust.
Have you already spoken to Pallotta? Vida?
No. The solutions are in the dressing room. We have to reflect, I can’t say that nobody will leave but we must reflect.

Will there be a ritiro?
No, no.

Flaming. Dumpster. Fire.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:06 am

I should ask: do you want him gone Lewis?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:57 am

I don't actually. I don't believe the problems we're having are caused by him largely. I am in the extreme minority with that stance. I believe too many of the players are weak in mentality, especially the more experienced ones. We could have Pep coaching this team and if we're not up to snuff psychologically, the tactics don't matter. We will lose far more than expected. That's pretty much this season in a nutshell.

I get that EDF will probably get the sack as the coach ultimately is the scapegoat in this situation, right, wrong or indifferent. I just don't think it's his fault. This happened under literally every coach going all the way back to Spalletti's first stint back in 2007. That tells me it's not a coaching problem. Its a player problem. Can't fix that if we keep replacing the coach. What we kee doing is pretty much the definition of insanity.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next