Hapless_Hans
Unique
S
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Emre Can #23 Empty Emre Can #23

Post by S Sat May 19, 2018 9:07 am

All reliable Italian sources confirm his signing will be announced after the Champions League final

Apparently he's getting a monstrous commission apart from nearly €6M net annual wages

He better be worth it

Last edited by S on Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Emre Can #23 Empty Re: Emre Can #23

Post by Unique Sat May 19, 2018 10:09 am

S wrote:All reliable Italian sources confirm his signing will be announced after the Champions League final

Apparently he's getting a monstrous commission apart from nearly €6M net annual wages

He better be worth it

you've seen him play what do you think. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 19, 2018 10:18 am

Mixed feelings.

I wouldnt mind on a free ofcourse but i'm afraid he'll be our 'top' midfield signing of the summer. I hoped for someone better in that case.

He's a younger, more agile Khedira. That could work well for us i guess. I think he'll adjust fairly easily to our style of play. The slow tempo in Serie A should suit him too.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat May 19, 2018 10:20 am

S wrote:Mixed feelings.

I wouldnt mind on a free ofcourse but i'm afraid he'll be our 'top' midfield signing of the summer. I hoped for someone better in that case.

He's a younger, more agile Khedira. That could work well for us i guess.
his problem is his inconsistency when he plays at his best he is a good player tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 19, 2018 10:56 am

would be the second Champions League Winner they have in theri team, then, besides Mandzukic.
Slowly, but surely they're getting there.
Maybe sign Shaqiri instead of Grifo, also Luis Gustavo and Diego Contento and they'd have five.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 19, 2018 10:59 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:would be the second Champions League Winner they have in theri team, then, besides Mandzukic.
Slowly, but surely they're getting there.
Maybe sign Shaqiri instead of Grifo, also Luis Gustavo and Diego Contento and they'd have five.

One Morata should be enough

Next year is our year. YNWA
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 19, 2018 11:03 am

Six included Khedira. That's what I call 'eritage
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sun May 20, 2018 5:49 am

Just release/sell sturaro,marchisio,khedira,mandzukic free up some wages and try and get another good - world class midfielder on affordable wages. Im liking these Veratti rumours even for say 60 million its actually cheaper to get him in then recycle 5-6 average italian cm's and haveto buy another one every season like bonaventura plus veratti level player would sell shirts. But then again that would be too easy and we can't go over 0 net spend so that won't happen
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun May 20, 2018 6:17 am

He's a great deal for free but he's not Juventus starting 11 quality yet which pains me to say because he's had potential since about 4 years now and even Klopp couldn't help him a lot.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sun May 20, 2018 6:41 am

Nishankly wrote:He's a great deal for free but he's not Juventus starting 11 quality yet which pains me to say because he's had potential since about 4 years now and even Klopp couldn't help him a lot.

We dont need him to be world class because we have matuidi for the dm position to rotate we actually need a technically gifted cm like i say before veratti or a kovacic so that will allow pjanic to push abut further up the pitch but our answer for that will probably be cristante or bonaventura so we will waste the money anyway lol
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 20, 2018 9:10 am

Nishankly wrote:He's a great deal for free but he's not Juventus starting 11 quality yet which pains me to say because he's had potential since about 4 years now and even Klopp couldn't help him a lot.

He'll walk into our starting eleven IMO right about now. Cant be worse than Matuidi or Khedira when he's lazy. Its a slight improvement in our midfield but we need more quality for sure.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Allegri knows how to work in players like Can

Played Sturaro against teams like Bayern and Real and had favourable results in those matches, surely he can't be worse

On a free, this is a no risk, no brainer type of transfer. The club seemed to be very excited with his profile in January when the rumours were heating up so hopefully he comes good. Personally, I have no expectations but it wouldn't surprise me if he has a Paulinho effect and comes good (even for a short time)

The only thing that would frustrate me if this is our key midfield signing of the summer because even if he is an improvement to, lets say a Khedira or Matuidi, its a marginal one at best (if that)

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 20, 2018 1:38 pm

He's way better than Sturaro and its not even close imo.

I expect him to be as good as Khedira in his first season if not better. Guy has a good long range shooting ability in him too which we've been missing from our midfield for quite a while.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 20, 2018 1:58 pm

As much I don't rate Khedira, you have to rate his positioning and tactical understanding of the game

If Can has that kind of impact then I think we'll be relatively pleased

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 20, 2018 2:18 pm

I dont disagree with that. However Can's versatility means he can fit in multiple positions and in defense if required. That's something Allegri values highly. Add to that, Liverpool play a completely different style, who play at a very high tempo with quick passing interchanges. Perhaps Can might not be an ideal fit in that respect but even then he's managed to do fairly well with them so i think some of the criticism towards him is a bit misplaced. I watched him in the Confed Cup for Germany and he looked impressive for them along with Goretzka(who would've been my ideal midfield signing for the summer).

I think he would adjust into Juventus' setup fairly comfortably. The slow tempo should suit him. And as games go, he could on improve on his tactical understanding as well. He's only 23 afterall.

He has always been a Paratici favourite. He's scouted him since his u-21 days. So its not a surprise to see our management value him highly. Rather him than Cristante's and Bonaventura's.

I am still hopeful we can sign a top level midfielder along with him.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Can is the type of player that Allegri will use well. I have no doubt he will be useful.

I don't see Can as a holding midfielder, hopefully I'm wrong. I see him as the b2b khedira type. I do think he will be better than Matuidi and that lazy-Khedira.

Much rather him than Bonaventura, not rather him than Cristante. I doubt Marotta would go for Can over Cristante if Can wasn't free. The financials is what makes the deal attractive.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 20, 2018 3:09 pm

The investment on Can is pretty substantial. Massive signing on fee and right off the bat, he'd be our 4th highest paid player at the club.

Can is also more experienced than Cristante with already 20 caps to his name for the German NT and also has played at a higher level already. Cristante is Roma/Lazio level atm. That's where i could see him ending up eventually.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun May 20, 2018 3:13 pm

Why not, after all

I always believe he was somewhat a light replacement for Khedira.
BUT, Emre Can can actually take the starting spot of... Blaise Matuidi

Of course this implies we must buy a better CM than Khedira too. Would leave us with CAN_PJANIC_SERGEJ starting midfield... Matuidi, Marchisio, Mandragora as great substitutes

as you can see i have found a way to twist reality so it suits my J-agenda What a Face
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 20, 2018 3:18 pm

Cristante is Roma/Lazio level atm. Is Can not? Can plays for Liverpool. He doesn't even shine much for Liverpool either. None of Liverpool's midfielders are better than the top midfielders in Roma or Lazio.

Can has experience "at the top level". That doesn't mean that he plays like a top player. He has a lot of chances to take a step up, but he hasn't.

Not even Germans or Liverpool fans will praise Can much. That tells us all we need to know.

Remember 23 year old Khedira. World's apart.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun May 20, 2018 3:24 pm

If Liverpool wins Champions League next saturday, Can will be a 2x times CL winner

That's not something to be taken lightly given the state of things
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 20, 2018 3:27 pm

That means nothing. Can didn't even play a game for Bayern in CL and is also out for these later games for Liverpool's CL

It's about performances.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun May 20, 2018 3:33 pm

rincon wrote:That means nothing. Can didn't even play a game for Bayern in CL and is also out for these later games for Liverpool's CL

It's about performances.

For everything we have said against him, he can only surprise us in a positive way.

Worst case scenario he'll be as bad as previously expected.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 20, 2018 3:33 pm

We've been actively courting Can since the last 2 years and were even ready to pay 30M last year but Pool said no.

That doesnt sound to me like we'd have picked Can over Cristante given a choice. Even leaving the Cristante talk aside, for a player they've been tracking for so long, can we doubt their judgement ?

And yes Can is more experienced, plays for one of the best NT's in the world and surely compared to Cristante is 'more established' as well. Cristante was even barely talked about before this season and its not like we're prepared to 'forego' some world beater talent like him for Can.

'Not even Germans or Liverpool fans will praise Can much'

No one talks about Cristante either except for some staunch Italy NT supporters who think every Italian midfield talent would turn out to be great.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 20, 2018 3:36 pm

None of what you wrote answers anything I wrote about. I assume that was meant for someone else.

The grass is always greener.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Warrior wrote:
rincon wrote:That means nothing. Can didn't even play a game for Bayern in CL and is also out for these later games for Liverpool's CL

It's about performances.

For everything we have said against him, he can only surprise us in a positive way.

Worst case scenario he'll be as bad as previously expected.

Still better than spending 30M on Cristante IMO :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next