Adit
Doc
Thimmy
halamadrid2
guest7
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

UCL QF : Juventus Vs Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: UCL QF : Juventus Vs Real Madrid

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:04 pm

Carvajal really really really needs to stop ball watching on these plays. If you're on a bigger player, it's too late to try and mark him once the ball is in the air. He needs to stop them from getting into positions or do things to put them off so they can't jump like that.

He needs to learn the tricks of the trade in these situations.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

UCL QF : Juventus Vs Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: UCL QF : Juventus Vs Real Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:09 pm

Mandzukic on the back post is one of the reasons why we went out to them all those seasons ago. I can't believe ZZ couldn't see that. He probably did but dumb Bale played like he didnt gaf, could explain the HT sub

We got away with one here. Didn't understand why Jjuve dropped off after they scored the 3rd. Allegri bottled it in the end

How many reds did Benatia deserve today? Was running round like a bulldog tackling everything and everyone. Only right that he gave up the penalty
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:11 pm

What was zidane doing in the first half when even a nursery school child can see that right back crossing to Mandzukic was the game plan?

He did absolutely nothing to counter that.

Bring casemiro down to CB, push varane to RCB and push carvajal up.

Varane takes care of Mandzukic. Casemiro and Vallejo takes care of Higuain and we maintain a 3vs 2 at the back easily. Instead zidane did nothing which was pathetic to say the least.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:15 pm

Juventus gameplanned better than Zidane for sure, but i think the players let down Zidane more than the other way around.

Douglas Costa skewered Marcelo for 45 staright minutes, Marcelo never made an adjustment. Vallejo was a disaster. Carvajal cost us 2 goals because he cant defend a taller player in the air. Navas was horrible.

just a bad bad game by our defense
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:15 pm

What could he have done? Put Varane at fullback and move Carvajal to CB? Because other than playing fullback, there's no other player that could have covered Mandzukic on both those plays.

The issue was that Vallejo was out of position on both those goals so Varane couldn't help Carvajal out. Casemiro was atrocious too today for some reason.

You can't leave the middle open as CB. Can only leave it with cover or if you know that you'll get the ball.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Juventus gameplanned better than Zidane for sure, but i think the players let down Zidane more than the other way around.

Douglas Costa skewered Marcelo for 45 staright minutes, Marcelo never made an adjustment. Vallejo was a disaster. Carvajal cost us 2 goals because he cant defend a taller player in the air. Navas was horrible.

just a bad bad game by our defense

Carvajal has no chance against Mandzukic. It is upto zidane to

Either block the crosses from right back.

Put a tall player in the right.

Release carvajal, move varane, bring back casemiro.

He did neither.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:What could he have done? Put Varane at fullback and move Carvajal to CB? Because other than playing fullback, there's no other player that could have covered Mandzukic on both those plays.

The issue was that Vallejo was out of position on both those goals so Varane couldn't help Carvajal out. Casemiro was atrocious too today for some reason.

You can't leave the middle open as CB. Can only leave it with cover or if you know that you'll get the ball.

Varane should've moved to RCB and carvajal should have moved up as a rw/rwb. Casemiro at centre CB. Vallejo LCB.

3VS 2 against Mandzukic and Higgy

Tall player to mark Mandzukic.

There was nothing else juve were doing.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:22 pm

Who exactly?  Nacho and Ramos were out.  Who could he have put out there?

Casemiro at CB?  Then who recovers the ball and blocks the middle...  Kroos? Do you really think Kroos can stop anything as a holding mid?

And Carvajal is far too influential as a fullback to bench.  We just had a very poor game from all the defenders bar Varane and our keeper.  It wasn't a systematic problem here...  we were very destabilized mainly because Vallejo wasn't ready at all.

Marcelo with a kid CB is like giving candy to a kid on that side.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:24 pm

Even if you bring Casemiro down to deal with crosses, I still don't trust Modric or Kroos to track runners. Kroos didn't bother to track Matuidi today and Griezmann last week and both scored

I agree with nick, the players were a massive let down today. Marcelo for gettimg skinnedby the 1000th winger he's faced, Vallejo for not forseeing this, Varane for missing every header and Carvajal for not backing into Mandzukic given that the latter had height advantage

Bale though facepalm: good riddance
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:24 pm

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/04/12/5ace8663ca474114068b45df.html

Ramos could face another suspension.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:26 pm

But there was no threat from middle. Who are the threat Matiudi and khedira lol.

Khedira - Matiudi were doing nothing in the middle and that is why zidane took off casemiro for extra winger in second half. There was no threat through middle.

Juve was all about crossing from right to Mandzukic.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:30 pm

So essentially, Zidane still makes ridiculous tactical decisions and our players shit the bed today. Really fortunate Benetia decided to bail us out in the end, was wondering where that winning goal was gonna come from.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:32 pm

a great cross will always beat any defense, i think it's unfair to judge a CB just on his inability to clear a great cross. Juve crossed a lot, two were pinpointed from the right to the second post which was their gameplan, and Mandzukic beat Carvajal twice.

I dont think It would have been smart to move Varane as RB.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:44 pm

we were extremely reckless, from the opening kick off, shambolic defending and keylor was super terrible, he had one or two good moments but damn. marcelo was nowhere to be seen and that's always been his problem, its like who the hell is defending that flank? forget about vallejo, i've never expected much from him anyway to begin with. but marcelo as the leader of the back 4, like command your line....we just had to go gung ho and if juve were a better side they'd have wrapped this up......just seen the post about ramos, our players need to read the freaking rule book, if u're suspended, serve your bloody suspension
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:49 pm

Omg, Ramos was on the sidelines. I swear I thought it was the stands. That man is a complete dunce, do we not have advisors, like men who actually tell the players what or what not to do? Even self, how does he not know you can't be in the on the pitch when you're suspended.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:52 pm

He didn't actually enter the football area. He was still on the steps. Technically outside the pitch hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:53 pm

Does the tunnel count as pitch or nah lmao. I saw him arguing with allegri and was confused why was he there

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:55 pm

All of a sudden, the Serie A fans of this forum are closet Juve fans who have reason to believe that a conspiracy took place tonight. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, considering the state of AC Milan. Classic Goallegacy post-CL match discussions involving the top 4 Proud

Last edited by Thimmy on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:55 pm

its like somebody lost the rule book, a club like madrid, the coach and caretakers should know who should or shouldn't be in the tunnel, for a club at our level we make these foolish mistakes to often, coentrao sitting on the bench when he wasn't even on the team sheet, the spanish cup disqualification a few years back, now this....(i'm not including xabi jumping unto the pitch cos of what that moment was), but this is just ridiculous from ramos and the team. we are already thin at the back
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:59 pm

This was Vallejo's first CL start, against Juve in the quarter finals and he was also coming back from injury so i won't give him too much slack. Zidane also got it tactically wrong and our midfield and fullbacks were crap.

That being said i want him out, the reason being his injury record. This injury prone at such a young age? it's unfortunate but no thanks. It's not like there's a lack of quality CB's today, loan him out for a few more seasons to see if he can sort his injury issues out and gain enough experience to come back as a starting spot.
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:02 am

The tactics weren’t really the issue today, the main issue was the complacency from the players, then lack of leadership, and third was defensive mishaps because of the high Juve press

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:31 am

i'm just happy we went through but trust us to make things more interesting than they should have been. i mentioned in another thread that i feel roma was responsible for the confidence juve had today to rush us so early.....keylor, my goodness, i'm just happy we didn't have to do overtime cos we got so gung ho we left too many holes in the defense as it wore on
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:21 pm

https://streamable.com/hyzdt

Another angle at the PK. Honestly, Ronaldo has nerves of steel.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Watch this one from Zidane... very reminiscent for me:

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Thimmy wrote:All of a sudden, the Serie A fans of this forum are closet Juve fans who have reason to believe that a conspiracy took place tonight. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, considering the state of AC Milan. Classic Goallegacy post-CL match discussions involving the top 4 Proud

calma, actually it were inter and milan fans that def us the most lol.

breva is just breva, and cruijf is closet barca fan.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:37 am

Ramos escapes punishment. Bah gawd, my confidence of getting past the semis just went up 10 fold. Bring them all on.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next