Yeezus
Pedram
silver
Casciavit
M99
19 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:56 pm

M99 wrote:Meltzer said Bryan requested to turn heel because he was disappointed with his booking as a face lol.

I mean it sounds unbelievable that they would screw up the purest face in years but thats exactly what they did with a two month Big Cass feud, sticking him with Brie, jobbing to Bludgeon Brothers and what not.

LMAO, i think that's all you need to say really.

At least Bryan recognised it though, i mean it was obvious he was reactions were getting more and more muted but not all wrestlers are that self aware or passionate enough to get it changed.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 34 - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 34

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:02 pm

Speaking of pure babyfaces this made me laugh....

When he gets to Johnny Gargano.....

" Yes i know, turn him heel ! What Hunter did it already? Oh ffs i was joking even i can tell he's a babyface " rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:02 pm

Mainly just watch youtube clips from time to time. Haven't watched a full show in a long time.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Watched Bryan/Lesnar, good match imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:45 pm

It was.

Survivor Series was saved by it's two main events tbh, Ronda vs Charlotte and Brock vs Bryan.

The rest was decidedly meh, the angle involving Ronda, Becky and now Charlotte i presume is their best by far. All 3 of them are being used great.

What ever they are doing there needs to be kept up.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:30 pm

When i heard this at takeover was trying to figure out what it sounded like and i figured it out.

It basically sounds like a late 90s Dre remix lol

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:18 pm

Saw my first NXT Takeover before watching Survivor series. That WarGames match was pretty amazing. I hope that stays exclusively on NXT. I cringe at the ways it would get ruined on the main roster.

As for Survivor Series, I have no clue why RAW was allowed to clean sweep Smackdown, but it made the whole PPV look rather pedestrian outside of the 2 matches you guys mentioned above.

It's almost like Ronda is heading towards the Reigns/Cena treatment from the crowd. Who didn't see that coming? [smiley]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_lol.gif[/smiley]

Last edited by McLewis on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:12 pm

I was quite disappointed in War Games (The match not the event) this year, maybe because i saw it last year and the freshness wasn't the same.

I thoroughly enjoyed the other matches though, even i think the Women's match probably needed more time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:29 pm

McLewis wrote:Saw my first NXT Takeover before watching Survivor series. That WarGames match was pretty amazing. I hope that stays exclusively on NXT. I cringe at the ways it would get ruined on the main roster.

As for Survivor Series, I have no clue why RAW was allowed to clean sweep Smackdown, but it made the whole PPV look rather pedestrian outside of the 2 matches you guys mentioned above.

It's almost like Ronda is heading towards the Reigns/Cena treatment from the crowd. Who didn't see that coming? [smiley]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_lol.gif[/smiley]

Shouldn't have been the case she really doesn't deserve that. Smarks are fickle.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:43 pm

Agreed. I think it's also down to her feuding with someone that is way over like Becky.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I was quite disappointed in War Games (The match not the event) this year, maybe because i saw it last year and the freshness wasn't the same.

I thoroughly enjoyed the other matches though, even i think the Women's match probably needed more time.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that about the Sane-Baszler match. That was my favorite of the singles matches.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:05 am

The booing of Rousey happened by proxy of being related to Becky being hugely over and because WWE are incapable of reading a crowd.

The crowd was massively pro Smackdown all night and you proceed to have RAW sweep lol. What did you really expect to happen?

Not really the crowd's fault they are massively incompetent.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:59 am

Heel Bryan promo. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:52 pm

He'll get cheered the second he's done working with AJ.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:18 pm

Casciavit wrote:He'll get cheered the second he's done working with AJ.

Without question, i think the turn was more a character momentum thing though. Felt like the crowed cared less and less as each week passed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:38 pm

True, his work was really boring before the heel turn. His feuds lacked heat and his matches were pretty dull IMO.

Watched RAW though. I liked how they gave Ambrose and Rollins multiple segments throughout the show to build on their feud, they don't really do that much anymore. It's usually one segment and then repeated highlights after. Laughing

I'm enjoying heel Ambrose and his promos. If the rumours of Rollins facing Lesnar are true I hope Ambrose isn't shafted with a multi-man IC ladder match or some shit. :facepalm:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:51 am

"Mean" Gene Okerlund died today R.I.P.

Found tbis tweet from Hogan to be quite apt considering today's product, it's a shame they've gone so far away from what obviously works.

Overscripting talent isn't beneficial to anyone. With that said the guy was amazing, even if you didn't watch one show in the 1980s you've likely heard Gene's voice.

GOAT interviewer IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:33 am

Anyone else excited for Wrestle Kingdom?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:12 pm

Kenny Omega drops the title to Tanahashi, does not sign for AEW (yet) either hmm Could very well be joining WWE.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:20 pm

Over/Under until WWE makes him terrible like everyone else lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:30 pm

@MT

Miles better than anything from Yes movement era IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:33 am

Just saw that this evening. Loved it. He had me cracking up. Laughing

FICKLE. FICKLE. FICKLE.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:14 am

Thoughts on AEW?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:12 am

Its a nice dream. But when you see their rally is a few hundred people at some parking lot you know they have a long long way to go.

Frankly I think this will just stretch the talent pool even further between ROH, Impact, AEW and NXT. I love Kenny Omega but he's wasting his prime years wrestling Pac and Christopher Daniels. He should have stay in NJPW.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:53 am

Competition is always good. Maybe this will force WWE to step their game up.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:03 pm

M99 wrote:Competition is always good. Maybe this will force WWE to step their game up.

Thing is i don't think it's just a question of stepping up their game.

It's more of a question to me is do they know how? Their track record since Ruthless Aggression is they simply just don't know.

I have faith in HHH long term but personally i just feel like Vince doesn't know how to implement any changes.

The promo with the McMahon's before Christmas tells me they simply don't get it.

New talent, new matchups etc etc completely misses the point and misunderstands what people's real issues with the product is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum