Great Leader Sprucenuce
Harmonica
Doc
Tomwin Lannister
Perucho21
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Peru complete one of the greatest comebacks in WC qualifying history Empty Peru complete one of the greatest comebacks in WC qualifying history

Post by Perucho21 Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:55 am

After our first 6 games the dream had pretty much ended. 4 points out of a possible 18 with the embarrassing loss to Chile at home and the embarrassing draw against Venezuela at home.

Then the copa American centenario happened, and Gareca decided to leave out established players like Pizarro, Ascues, Lobaton, Vargas, Zambrano and Farfan, leaving the youth to be part of the new era of Peru.

Then the Nelson Cabrera incident happened. And we cannot thank our Chilean rivals enough for going to fifa and complain, because in the end, it kick started our path to the comeback while Chile were once again hated by the region.

Before matchday 15 and 16, Chile claim they are the best team in the world after the Confed cup. This led to their embarrassing loss to Paraguay and then Bolivia claimed their revenge for the incident in a 1-0 win.

Meanwhile, Peru did not let the opportunity slip. They defeated Paraguay, Uruguay, Bolivia and Ecuador while getting crucial draws to Venezuela, Colombia and Messitina. Their only loss coming against heavy world cup favorites Brazil.

The last match day, where Peru were on the brink of elimination. In came Guerrero, probably the most underrated striker this past decade, scoring from a indirect free-kick and thanking Ospina for being a moron. Chile lost 3-0 and the "best team in the world" were out of Russia, and Peru made the playoff, to the celebration of all of CONNEBOL and as far as Mexico, as the biggest underdog story was coming to fruition while the most hated villain were defeated.
I give full props to new Zealand as they prove no team should be underrated. They gave us a good game tonight, but our quality was enough

I was brought to tears tonight, Farfan returns to a goal and the 2nd goal was the icing on the cake. Since I was 5 yrs old I dreamt about this moment.

I finally get to say my country will play at the world cup. We are on the brink of a golden generation, and this is the beginning.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Peru complete one of the greatest comebacks in WC qualifying history Empty Re: Peru complete one of the greatest comebacks in WC qualifying history

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:50 am

WE DONE IT PERUCHO :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Peru complete one of the greatest comebacks in WC qualifying history Empty Re: Peru complete one of the greatest comebacks in WC qualifying history

Post by Doc Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:04 am

As someone who truly understand what it means to see a not so fancied (and usually disregarded) NT side qualify for the WC, enjoy the moment Perucho. Really.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:35 pm

Thought Peru did something amazing against New Zealand... Meh but congratz anyway. Chile really exhibited the quintessential definition of bad karma. rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:40 pm

Doc wrote:As someone who truly understand what it means to see a not so fancied (and usually disregarded) NT side qualify for the WC, enjoy the moment Perucho. Really.

Same tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Third best story of WC qualifying after 1) your nation of 300+ million people fails to qualify for the World Cup after losing to *bleep* Trinidad & Tabago AND 2) Christian Eriksen's incredible WC qualifying run. Best player in the world
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Let me say congratulations and I'm very happy for you Perucho

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Congrats perucho, your posts alone made me want to see Peru do well and I'm happy they did the job

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:50 pm

I still can't believe Gianluca Lapadula chose Italy over Peru rofl
Massive epic fail.
Congrats Perucho, I was supporting Peru on this play off
Strange sensation for me, I feel as the whole world is to play this cup expect us. But i will have to accept it
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:52 pm

Cheers guys

Hope to see you all in Russia as ill be working overtime to get the money for it Laughing

Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:14 am

Crying or Very sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:32 am

Robespierre wrote:I still can't believe Jorginho chose Italy over Brazil rofl
Massive epic fail.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:23 am

Kick wrote:Crying or Very sad

Calm down. Australia is already there. I strongly feel demanding New Zealand to be there as well is petty and greedy.
It's like demanding Austria has to be at the WC as well because they also speak "German" (*cough*) and have great mountains.
One gives you the pinky finger and you take the whole hand.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 am

Congrats for your country bro

What is the style of play and who are the best peruvian players by the way ? I think i am deluded because fast like that i can only remember Pizarro, Vargas & Farfan... all probably in their late 30s by now.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:40 am

Congrats Perucho.

My namesake is long due a world cup appearance.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Doc wrote:As someone who truly understand what it means to see a not so fancied (and usually disregarded) NT side qualify for the WC, enjoy the moment Perucho. Really.

Same tbh.

Oh right, England. Yeah you guys don't count when it comes to underdogs.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:31 pm

Why not hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Why not hmm

Because you comfortably qualify for everyone of them and the media always puts you as one of the favorites every time (except 2014 and this).
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:58 pm

M99 wrote:
Robespierre wrote:I still can't believe Jorginho chose Italy over Brazil rofl
Massive epic fail.

No contest tbh.
At least Jorginho will be Italy starter for years.
Lapadula was uncertain until the very end if Italy and Peru. At the end , after a choice very suffered, chose for Italy because he thought it'd have been better choice for his career.
Peru courted him great for the 100th Copa America , he was very honoured for it.  
His doubts  increased because he feels to he half Peruvian (and indeed he is , his mother is from Peru) . Anyway he desisted.
The moral of story is that Peru will play World Cup now.
He'd have been probably starter there while he will watch Italy NT just on tv in future. Because the hype around him is finished.
It was real sliding door tbh
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:46 pm

M99 wrote:

Because you comfortably qualify for everyone of them and the media always puts you as one of the favorites every time (except 2014 and this).

Unreal successful underdogs :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:05 pm

Besides what m99 mentioned, you have the best league in the world. That alone kicks you out of the underdog category.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:43 pm

Guerrero kicked out of WC due to FIFA finding cocaine traces in him
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Cocaine should be allowed for natives of Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Venezuela, north-western Brazil and Colombia tbh

It's like banning German players for traces of beer
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:13 pm

Is there a rule against alcohol before a match? Just curious.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:28 pm

Don't think alcohol is on the doping list so I don't think so
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next