LFP Awards

+2
Khaled
BarcaKizz
6 posters

Go down

LFP Awards Empty LFP Awards

Post by BarcaKizz Wed 20 Jul 2011, 06:08

Of the 36 standout players nominated from La Liga’s Primera and Segunda Divisiónes for Spain’s Liga de Fútbol Profesional awards, eleven players represent FC Barcelona, with nine coming straight from La Masia. Read on after the jump to see which players were nominated for each category.

The list of finalists will be sent to all coaches in the Spanish First and Second Divisions, who will then vote for the players they feel have been the most successful in their respective positions. The award date has yet to be determined.

The players, meanwhile, will choose the Best Player and Best Coach of each of the two leagues among those that played last season. Finally, the fans, through an organization called Aficiones Unidas, will vote for the recipient of the fair play award, which is given to one player in each league who the fans believe best embodies that quality.

PRIMERA DIVISIÓN:

Best goalkeeper: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), De Gea (Atlético de Madrid) and Víctor Valdés (Barcelona).

Best defender: Eric Abidal and Dani Alves (Barcelona), Marcelo (Real Madrid).

Best midfielder: Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Xavi Hernández (Barcelona) and Javi Martínez (Athletic Club).

Best attacking midfielder: Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona), Özil (Real Madrid) and Borja Valero (Villarreal).

Best forward: Kun Agüero (Atlético de Madrid), Leo Messi (Barcelona) and Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid).

Most surprising player: Antoine Griezmann (Real Sociedad), Iker Muniaín (Athletic Club) and Rubén Pérez (Deportivo).

SEGUNDA DIVISIÓN:

Best goalkeeper: Cobeño (Rayo Vallecano), Keylor Navas (Albacete) and Roberto (Granada).

Best defender: Bartra (Barça B), Coke (Rayo Vallecano) and Nyom (Granada).

Best midfielder: Beñat (Betis), Abel Gómez (Granada) and Mikel Rico (Granada).

Best attacking midfielder: Armenteros (Rayo Vallecano), Dani Benítez (Granada) and Sergi Roberto (Barça B).

Best forward: Rubén Castro (Betis), Javi Guerra (Real Valladolid) and Jonathan Soriano (Barça B).

Most surprising player: Bartra (Barça B), Beñat (Betis) and Sergi Roberto (Barça B).

Source: AS

Great to see Bartra, Roberto and Soriano all nominated for Barca B!

Interestingly the Best Player and Coach of each division is voted upon by players, so here we have great chances again... with Pep and Messi surely surefires here and Enrique and Soriano probably in with great chances as well...

I'm mainly surprised that Sergio Busquets was omitted from this list... he was superb, really underrated. Martinez was very good when I watched him, but I'm not sure that he was better than Busquets.

My picks:

Valdes-should get it easily.
Alves?- Maybe a sympathy vote will come in for Abidal, but I think Dani deserves this.
Alonso?- Could be Xavi. Seems unfair that Ozil and Alonso may win both when they're inferior players.
Iniesta- Iniesta deserves it, but Ozil may get it.
Messi

Player- Messi, easy... who would you pick if you were a rival... CR7 or Messi?
Coach- Pep.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

LFP Awards Empty Re: LFP Awards

Post by Khaled Wed 20 Jul 2011, 06:19

Cr7 scoring 40 Goals vs Messi with 31 Goals, 18 Assists & League Winner.. add to them a 5-0 win in the Classico !
for me its Messi for sure..

But 40 Goals in one season ( La Liga Record) could lead some people to vote for Cr7, imo its not fair since 11/40 Goals cr7 scored where meaningless, he scored them in last 4 matches when Barca were already champions & Messi didn't play 3 of these games becuz of the CL Final!

--------------

& lol @ Martinez in this list!
Busq is easily the better play ffsss!!

------------------

My Vote:

Valdes
Alves
Xavi
Iniesta
Messi
Guardiola!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

LFP Awards Empty LFP Awards

Post by messixaviesta Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:54

I want to discuss about three consecutive seasons together.

2008-09

You can see the winners and other nominees here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LFP_Awards

2009-10

Here is the list of nominees - http://www.totalbarca.com/2010/news/lfp-best-forward-candidates-messi-higuain-and-ronaldo/

I couldn't find the list of actual winners. Could someone please post it.

2010-11

Here is the list of nominees released today - http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/news/eleven-barca-players-nominated-for-lfp-awards/

Now here are my choices. Sorry all are from Barca. I may be a little biased but I do think our players were excellent in every position this season in La Liga.

Best goalkeeper: Victor Valdes
Best defender: Dani Alves
Best midfielder: Xavi
Best attacking midfielder: Andrés Iniesta
Best forward: Lionel Messi
Most surprising player: Iker Muniaín ( just a guess since I haven't followed these clubs closely )

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:08

I can only see Alves not winning.It could go to Alves,Pepe,and Abidal.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu 21 Jul 2011, 16:02

Thread's been made and my opinion is above.

Valdes
Alves
Alonso or Xavi
Iniesta or Ozil
Messi

Young Player- Griezmann, for sure.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu 21 Jul 2011, 16:54

Never heard of these awards before. It would nice to see the winners n 09/10, but it's like they never elected from the nominees! Such amateurism in the LFP... a league terribly run compared to the PL.

Our players should win all the awards, with Abidal as best defender IMO.

Muiain best surprise.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu 21 Jul 2011, 16:57

free_cat wrote:Never heard of these awards before. It would nice to see the winners n 09/10, but it's like they never elected from the nominees! Such amateurism in the LFP... a league terribly run compared to the PL.

Our players should win all the awards, with Abidal as best defender IMO.

Muiain best surprise.
I agree, barcelona has been great this last season.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu 21 Jul 2011, 20:14

BarcaKizz wrote:Thread's been made and my opinion is above.

Valdes
Alves
Alonso or Xavi
Iniesta or Ozil
Messi

Young Player- Griezmann, for sure.

Why Alonso & Ozil above Xavi, Iniesta!!

IMo there is no compatition!!

especially when it come to laliga... we saw the big difference in the midfield when it came to classicos ( they matches which make the difference, realmadrid midfielders were zero)!!

if Alonso or Ozil were better than Xaviniesta.. how can they lose 5-0 in most important match of the season, the match that gave Barca the laliga title!!
it will be very stupid if ozil or alonso won this award...

for me its all Barca!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down