Firenze
LeVersacci
9 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Overwatch Part 3 - Page 7 Empty Re: Overwatch Part 3

Post by Firenze Thu 25 Jan 2018, 01:34

i see the game is still out of control

STILL no servers for arab players, literally 85% of my teammates in the 10 games I've played the last two days have been from Saudi Arabia

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat 09 Feb 2019, 22:42

I know I'm VERY late to the party but I admit addicted to this game.

What I love about Blizzard's games is that they are so easy to learn, but hard to master. The characters are all very unique and interesting. Game modes and maps are well thought-out and sound design is brilliant. It will be hard to go back after using the Dolby Atmos sound system, so immersive! Don't even get me started on how good the optimisation is on PC. You could run this game with a 10 year old PC and it'll still look good. The matchmaking system is on par with Starcraft's in how it lines you up against players of similar skill and experience. Not once I have felt like I've been been teamed up with/against players that I thought were out of my league. Not too easy, not too difficult, just right. Compared to the hell I am against with Battlefields and CoDs, getting headshot instantly or play against complete noobs that don't realise they are getting shot, this is certainly the most multiplayer fun I've had since FIFA 17.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 27 Apr 2022, 02:56

Saw overwatch 2 closed beta is out. You guys going to get back into it?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed 27 Apr 2022, 10:14

Believe it or not I've been playing OW pretty much non-stop since late 2018. There have been close to nothing in terms of additions, 2 new heroes and a couple of maps, one of which was scrapped altogether (Paris). A lot of the friends I used to play quit due to lack of new content but I still play 2 or 3 Quick Play matches every day.

OW2 changes from 6v6 to 5v5 by getting rid of one tank. Also the tanks are called Brawlers now, in the sense that they don't offer much defensive protection to the group but more abilities and health to play aggressively. Feedback from Alpha and Beta testers have been mixed. What's obvious is that the way the game plays is now more fast-paced and closer to an FPS as opposed to a MOBA, hence the divide. They also got rid of Assault (2 Control Points) maps altogether and replaced by a mode called Push.

If you want to get into the beta, tune in Twitch at 6:00 PM CET today and watch 4 hours of selected streamers. PC master race only.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed 27 Apr 2022, 15:53

RealGunner wrote:Saw overwatch 2 closed beta is out. You guys going to get back into it?
80% of my friend list is still OW people and most still play it on and off and will def come back when it’s out.

I will play it when it’s out to see if it’s more skill based aswell as less team reliant.

I watched some streams last night and it looks intriguing. Will pick up a beta key later and try it out.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed 27 Apr 2022, 16:32

Auto aim characters and Ultimate abilities aren't going anywhere, that has always been part of Overwatch's appeal. However there are fewer crowd control abilities and more counters, so there may be fewer instances where you feel completely helpless.

The combination of 5v5 and no shields means the game plays very differently now. Old strategies don't work so there will be a learning curve. The game clearly rewards offensive play more than defensive now, and it feels like the game is catered towards those who play DPS. I'm a LĂșcio main and I play a mix of defensive and offensive, but I've been told defensive supports aren't as viable. Generally the game feels more bland with fewer unique abilities and more DPS, which is exactly the blueprint Blizzard went with WoW too. Fewer unique abilities, fewer CC, more pew pew.

One fewer player means it is more about individual play and less about the team than before.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 28 Apr 2022, 22:12

I'm not sure that it'll grip me again since its a glorified update, but good to see there's a lot of eyes on it again, still my fav MP game ever, I installed it on PC but I cant believe that in 2022 Blizarrd arent doing cross progression smh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri 29 Apr 2022, 00:19

I have played the Beta for 6 hours. First 2 hours I just about tolerated it. One fewer tank and fewer shields means the game is much faster paced and wipes happen much quicker than before. It was a hot mess, like a glorified Deathmatch game. Your tank isn't really the protector or someone who creates a path to an objective for the rest of the team any more. They are pretty much a high HP/armour DPS now. More aggression, less protection.

The game became more enjoyable after 2 hours once I adjusted my gameplay to the new setup, but I still much prefer 6v6. The game feels more like a generic shooter now than Overwatch. I know double shields and long DPS queue times were annoying but removing a tank wasn't the way to fix them.

Other changes are insignificant. Graphics and sound update is meh, UI is worse (work in progress probably). New Hero is okay, new maps are good, but 2.5 years of no content for this is laughable.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri 29 Apr 2022, 11:07

Firenze wrote:I'm not sure that it'll grip me again since its a glorified update, but good to see there's a lot of eyes on it again, still my fav MP game ever, I installed it on PC but I cant believe that in 2022 Blizarrd arent doing cross progression smh
S1-S3 comp Proud

Best MP experience i’ve ever had despite the issues.

Got the beta key when the drops happend. Will give it a go during the weekend.

Glad cc & double shield BS is gone.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat 30 Apr 2022, 14:48

Played a few hours of the beta on PC today and i'm enjoying it alot.

Shields gone (except for Rein & Winston), ccs gone and 1 less tank makes it more fast paced, skill based and less reliant on your team. I can actually carry a shitty team as a dps and win games now. Something that was rare in high ranked games.

I played a few support to get the tickets for fast Q and noticed Moria's brain dead left click now requires aiming, before it can damage players.

I'm definitely gonna give ranked a try with these changes and 2CP also gone.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7