lucianomoggi
salmano9
jetvancake
DeviAngel
juve_gigi
19 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 26 Empty Re: - | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | -

Post by S Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:15 am

Beppe practically confirmed Asamoah is leaving.

Lichtsteiner could also be on the move as would Alex Sandro.

We'd need a fullback revolution this summer it seems. We'd need a strong fullback with international experience other than the Spinazzola's and Darmian's which we potentially might bring in as well.

De Sciglio and Spinazzola seem the only two confirmed fullbacks for next season.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 26 Empty Re: - | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | -

Post by S Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:19 am

Jonas Hector, Germany's LB could be available for like 8M if Koln get relegated(which is likely). I think we might possibly be exploring that option.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:06 pm

Asamoah and Lichtsteiner are both gone. Both have expiring contracts and neither will be renewed. Asamoah is close to Inter, and they could be giving him 3.5M a season too. I'm not even mad, good for him.

We do have Spinazzola and De Sciglio guaranteed. As of now, we can count Alex Sandro, he could easily be sold but contract wise we don't have to worry about him leaving for free this summer. We have been steadily linked with Darmian and Bellerin, I'm sure more links will appear and moves will materialize as we certainly need another RB (Darmian would be fine by me) and if Alex Sandro leaves we will need a quality replacement- I do trust Spinazzola though, it's just quite a jump up in quality for him.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:32 pm

Alex Sandro i suggest you guys pay attention to his body language. His mind is elsewhere and it shows.

Last season i sincerely think he was the best left-back in Europe, but this season... Rolling Eyes it's like he forgot how to defend and his counter attacks are less threatening. Lack of concentration is my theory.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:25 pm

Top fullbacks almost don't exist at the moment. By far the weakest position in current football. If we look at other teams pretty much only Madrid, Napoli and City can boast a top player in each side. Even then, Carvajal has been poor this season, Ghoulam and Mendy both missed almost the entire season.

Sandro this season hasn't been our best fullback and maybe not even our best left back. I still like him and would be glad to have him stay and work harder next season but also won't care at all if he is sold for good money. I'd like Asamoah to stay if Alex leaves but it seems unlikely.

I think we'll continue on with solid fullbacks and wait for an opportunity for a top one presents itself. Don't see anyone available for us atm.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:33 pm

Alex Sandro's best stuff this season has been closer to the opponent's goal rather than ours. But lets be clear, he adds an unreal attacking dimension to our attack. Its something we can't replace, we won't replace. But given that he's really a fake left winger, Martial would do the trick hmm

Spinazzola might surprise some people, much more of an offensive player than an Asamoah/De Sciglio for example

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:36 pm

He adds attacking options much much better than Asamoah but he also has been weak at the back and commits way too many unnecessary fouls. Its a sign that he isn't positioned correctly, so he rushes back and fouls/gets carded. His best has come at LM on the 4-4-2 because of this. Weak season.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:05 pm

Such is the state of full backs you're better off converting solid athletic players of any position to full back and watch them miraculously become one of the best.

Ffs Young looks like a top 3 full back these days.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:49 pm

Boy, how much I miss having a player like Del Piero.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:29 pm

He did what CR7 did tonight almost 10 years ago.

That level of talent would not likely come in our lifetime from italian football academies.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:13 pm

Juventus will allow Alex Sandro to leave the club this summer for a fee of over €60m. United and PSG are following the player.[Gazzetta dello Sport]

$$$$$$$$

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:36 pm

Juventus wants to sign a big name for the summer and is reportedly after Cavani and Griezmann

Good.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:38 pm

Luca wrote:Juventus wants to sign a big name for the summer and is reportedly after Cavani and Griezmann

Good.

A 'big name ' rumour after a humiliating CL defeat

Colour me surprised
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:40 pm

I'll take it anyways :coffee:

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:52 pm

Dybala - Griezzman swap

Sandro pays for Cavani

We use our actual budget (Probably £5,000,000 knowing us) on the midfield

We bring the Atalanta boys back

fap

Now watch us sign 2 Serie A journeymen and a half decent midfield prospect with Sandro money plus a few pennies of our own and close the window.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:12 pm

Atletico would be a fantastic club to deal with right now:
-Griezmann 100M release clause
-Vrsaljko a right back we could probably use. We were right on him when he played for Sassuolo
-Koke, Saul, Thomas Partey. Three central midfielders all capable of improving us. I'm not sure if any are actually attainable

Preparing for Cristante and Baselli

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:28 pm

If we don't try and adequately improve/refresh this team i'm semi retiring from football Laughing

There's just no surprises left when you know the level you're at.

With Napoli probably finally getting raided, Roma being Roma and Milan boys being beyond irrelevant, I can't pretend to enjoy Scudetto #20 whilst being embarrassed by one of the Spanish duo or Bayern again.

Partly it's my fading interest in the game, partly it's because we will probably keep getting further and further away from the one thing we want to win one *bleep* time in the modern era, whilst clubs that we've spent half a decade being comfortably better than will end up overtaking us too and that's beyond frustrating to watch.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:05 pm

Inter may rise to be honest. Them being in the top 4 will bring revenue they haven't seen for the better part of the last decade. And even without the CL, they still dropped 40M on Kondogbia, 50M on Joao Mario, etc. Inter signing De Vrij for free (basically confirmed), and retaining Skriniar already forms an impressive defence and Spaletti is capable. I think they'll be the next challenge for us.

To me, Roma has a wonderful team. They'll lock down top 4 as usual.

Lazio should get gutted, which is a bit sad because they're also a great team under Inzaghi.

Napoli can drop to midtable, if they win the Scudetto especially, I can see it happening.

Milan under Gattuso will go for the top 4 but it won't be easy for them on their talent level and probably another Europa League run into March.

We have no choice, thankfully. It's not necessarily to say that our changes will result in improvement (we can only hope this), but we have no choice but to make changes. We have several key players ending their contracts: Buffon, Lichsteiner, Barzagli, Asamoah. Then we have Mandzukic who clearly doesn't look happy this season compared with last, I bet he leaves too, he wants to play more than anything. Then there's a few players we could cash in on, like Alex Sandro and a few players that we ought to think about moving like Sturaro, Khedira etc.

All in all, it SHOULD be a busy summer. Every summer we make 5-6 transfers anyways. I don't expect this one to be any different.

If we don't drop money on a big midfielder then it won't matter. There's no Pirlo free deals, Vidal's at 12M or Pogba for 800k type of deals floating around. We shouldn't look for them. Maybe Pellegrini at 25M fits the bill but we still need to drop a big chunk of cash on a Verratti/Sergej/Jorginho type of player- by name and stature alone.

I also think Allegri will leave. It's just a gut feeling at this point mind you and I'm sure a conversation with Marotta would go a long way at the end of the season, but I want to go on record today and say that I feel Allegri will leave us.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:11 pm

I love Cavani and Griezmann is a baller but they don't actually fit anywhere do they.

I wanna read some Saul, Verratti, Sergej, etc. links.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:12 pm

I think he's gone too, and i'm absolutely OK with that as long as we break the mould with our next manager. If our next coach prioritises defence above all when in Europe it leads to a 3-4 goals smashing, then it's pointless changing coach.

If we start the season with Pellegrini for Khedira, Spinazzola for Alex Sandro and Caldara as 3rd choice CB then it's pointless.

At the end of the day this is entertainment, and if we keep buying bargain bin players and continue to play what is let's be honest often absolutely awful to watch football, then the CL is impossible and our fan base will stagnate at best. I doubt we can even do a Porto or a Chelsea with the current strength of the Spanish duo.

The only way to close the gap significantly long term is to be an attractive team to neutrals and bring in the hype and revenue that comes along with that.

Part of that is on the rest of the league, but we do ourselves no favours. No neutral is going to be tuning in to watch Juve retirement home walk around against Chievo and fail to string 5 passes together only to nick it at the end when they could watch banterinho and bantaldio do 30 step overs and bang one in from 35 yards. It's sad but true.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

I don't think our next coach will be as much about control, details and defense as Allegri because I think no other good coach in Italy atm is.

Sarri, Spalletti, Inzaghi, Giampaolo are the opposite.

EDF is more like Allegri but still more "open". Donadoni is like him but we ain't going for someone of that level.

Unknown coaches (to me) or someone from the primavera ala Grosso could come and have the same style.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:23 pm

rincon wrote:I love Cavani and Griezmann is a baller but they don't actually fit anywhere do they.

I wanna read some Saul, Verratti, Sergej, etc. links.

Well, both fit if both Higuain and Dybala leave, almost in a straight swap. I can't ever see us signing both Cavani and Griezmann in one window though. That just won't happen.

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I think he's gone too, and i'm absolutely OK with that as long as we break the mould with our next manager. If our next coach prioritises defence above all when in Europe it leads to a 3-4 goals smashing, then it's pointless changing coach.

If we start the season with Pellegrini for Khedira, Spinazzola for Alex Sandro and Caldara as 3rd choice CB then it's pointless.

At the end of the day this is entertainment, and if we keep buying bargain bin players and continue to play what is let's be honest often absolutely awful to watch football, then the CL is impossible and our fan base will stagnate at best. I doubt we can even do a Porto or a Chelsea with the current strength of the Spanish duo.

The only way to close the gap significantly long term is to be an attractive team to neutrals and bring in the hype and revenue that comes along with that.

Part of that is on the rest of the league, but we do ourselves no favours. No neutral is going to be tuning in to watch Juve retirement home walk around against Chievo and fail to string 5 passes together only to nick it at the end when they could watch banterinho and bantaldio do 30 step overs and bang one in from 35 yards. It's sad but true.

I don't disagree with you tom. We had to invest in the midfield this past summer and we didn't because we made a CL final playing through Pjanic and Khedira. This wasn't a fluke but anyone looking at the team from last season knew we were thin here. At the end, we made two important attacking signings in Bernardeschi and Douglas Costa- which I appreciate the intention for both. Beranrdeschi particularly excited a lot of people because we see him as the top Italian attacking talent available and to bring that to Juve is something we have come to expect but haven't seen for more than a few seasons. Maybe we would have been better off not signing one of Douglas/Bernardeschi and using those funds in the midfield. Matuidi wasn't necessarily cheap at 30M but at 29 years old, this transfer should not have been our marquee midfield signing.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:25 pm

I can't believe we paid 30m for Matuidi. I had forgotten about that. Was thinking it was like 15 :facepalm:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:33 pm

30M for the only "physical" player in our midfield, who happens to be 5'9 and 30. Lol.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:36 pm

I have bashed Sarri so much here that my ego cant take him becoming the next Juve coach tbh. Its all about dat GL rep ffs

Seriously though, he would be a very interesting option for sure although one i'd not consider for now
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:44 pm

Sarri is a great manager. I hope we never see him at Juventus though

I think Conte is realistic but I don't want it. I can also see Simone Inzaghi, I wouldn't be against it but I can imagine it taking a season for him to find his feet at Juventus if it is to be him

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next