lucianomoggi
salmano9
jetvancake
DeviAngel
juve_gigi
19 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 23 Empty Re: - | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | -

Post by S Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:46 am

Luca wrote:I'm at the point where I would welcome Cristante, he's big, he's strong and he's technical.

Cristante and Can as our midfield signings though, tougher pill to swallow. We do need depth but we do need a marquee player here also, neither fits the bill for me.

There are some pretty loud whispers about Florenzi atm. Now this is the kind of player I'd welcome if we can't get the expensive ones. Proven quality Serie A player who can play multiple positions. The Cristante's of this world are all bench players at best. We need significant upgrades in midfield and if Roma are willing to sell, I'd take a chance on him despite his injury history. Doubt he's been injured at all this season.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 23 Empty Re: - | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | -

Post by rincon Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:22 pm

Florenzi isn't gonna join us. Its De Rossi, Hamsik or Di Natale all over again.

While Florenzi is awesome and very useful in a squad due to his versatility, I think Pellegrini looks like he has the higher ceiling. So if its one of the two, I welcome Pellegrini more.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:29 pm

Cristante looks like the ideal Allegri midfielder. Tall, strong, good awareness and positioning, good passer. A "responsible" midfielder that is also able to break the lines. Basically a Khedira that's not half dead and thinking about retirement.

He has the profile that I see most useful to Allegri's existing gameplan form all the (reasonable, no Sergej) names. Now if Allegri changes the system enough then different profiles could shine more. I'm still most excited about Barella. His passing and vision seems exceptional, probably a midfield 3 kind of guy though.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:04 pm

Luca wrote:You’re implying we have no revenue warrior

That’s not how it works

That's not what i wanted to imply at all but sometimes i have poor choice of words in my posts and they become unclear it seems. Sorry.

I include our "normal budget" in the minor operations category, simply because idk how much money it represents Laughing

Whilst i agree we seem to follow a tight budget plan with Marotta on board, this summer we NEED to dig in the savings account. A big move like Sergej/Jorginho without a major sale. Alex Sandro is the best player we can afford to lose.

Cristante, Barella, Pellegrini... fair enough but to me those aren't big transfers. An improvement over our dead wood. If anything we'll buy 1 out of 3 and our usual revenues will cover for it.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:19 pm

I think a lot of that depends on our success this season. If we don't advance in the CL, or retain the scudetto, then all of a sudden we will see our revenue drop considerably.

With that being said, we've been profitable season after season and haven't exactly displayed a reluctance to spend, just sometimes a reluctance to meet audacious demands. For all we know, De Laurentiis and Lotito would not sell to us at any price- and by that I mean an out of this world cost, for this we can have no complaints.

I'm not pointing at you, but we've made important investments season over season. 90M between Douglas/Bernardeschi is not a by product of say, selling Bonucci @ 40M. I mean, you can easily say that Higuain would not have been signed without selling Pogba in the process and you would probably be correct but that doesn't mean that Vidal's sale financed Dybala's signature.

I think we just realistically consider the market and evaluate the best options available versus the economics that come into play, and the player's desires, which we sometimes overlook because they are a bit tougher to speculate on. For example, take Sergej, he could be dead set on leaving Italy, or he could have wage demands that can only be met in the Premier League, or he could absolutely want to join Juve and only Juventus. We are dealing in many variables each summer.

I'm calm, we are handling this transitional period quite well but I do agree that a top midfielder is necessary. Can/Cristante can be very useful additions and maybe even improvements over some of our players but by no means are they to bridge the gap between what happened at home to Tottenham in the midfield and the MVP masterclass we used to boast about.

A bit more on topic:
-I don't ever see Florenzi joining Juventus and to be honest, the profile we need is more Cristante than it is Florenzi
-I don't rate Pellegrini very highly at all. I liked him at the U21 Euro last summer, but at Roma, I know he's quite up and down thus far. But he does have a 25M release clause (way to go Roma), so I could easily see us snapping him up and him doing quite well. It would be quite the coup if he continues developing and shows that U21 form. Pellegrini, Pjanic and a defensive midfielder would be quite a trio on paper

Some of this in a Juve jersey in a CL final loss please

The silver lining is, its February and so far:
-Can
-Cristante
-Florenzi (?)
-Jorginho
-Pellegrini

All linked, most reasonable. Were looking to the midfield and rightfully so. Everyone prepare your welcomes for Cristante and a Mandragora loan re-call

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:53 pm

Douglas Costa is a transfer for 2018 bro, we only paid 6m for him last summer and this reprensents pocket change for Juventus.

Vidal --> Dybala
Pogba --> Higuain/Pjanic
Bonucci --> Bernardeschi
Sandro ? Khedira ? --> Costa

Only Higuain was clearly financed by Pogba. To me this shows one thing. We haven't spend a lot of money for any of those transfers since they were fund by major sales. Not even a 50m net spent for the whole.

Currently we have a big hole at the CM position and we need a top class player. It's time to spend all that cash we saved over the years right now.

If we don't go all-in there are 2 solutions, both not very desirable imo
- Sell Dybala to fund the top class CM
- Don't buy a top class CM and contempt ourselves with B- at best Pellegrini, Cristante, Emre Can as starter
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:01 pm

SERGEJ wants to remain in Italy as for now, said it multiple times.

You may say i have a big bias here but Juventus might be the only move that interests him this summer. Lazio surely has a breaking point in negociations. Lotito is a crooked fool and Marotta is much more intelligent than him.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:28 pm

Well if we're talking about a tall, technical , Khedira-esque player in Cristante, then there's no need for him as Can is virtually a Juve player who fits the description posted above.

What we need is more technical ability in midfield. Someone who can keep possession/improve our passing game, reduce the burden on Pjanić(which is even more evident since the sale of Bonucci). A healthy prime Marchisio would've been that guy and we need to look for someone in that mould. These gambles like Cristante won't help us address our immediate midfield problems.

I like Florenzi because he's probably as close we can get to sign a proven midfield player. We have good relations with his agent, Pallotta is not anti-Juve and apparently his contract negotiations have stalled since he's asking for higher wages so I don't think it's impossible at all. Probably unlikely at this point but I won't rule this rumour out just yet.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:45 pm

I agree we don't need Cristante if we have Can. I don't think Can is virtually a Juve player, or any club player for that matter. Every other day new links of him emerge with other clubs, then "closer to Juve", then "farther from Juve".

I don't personally want Can. He has stagnated and doesn't look particularly promising, Liverpool fans won't even be too bothered to see him leave. The other players (Cristante, Pellegrini, Torreira, Barella, etc.) are all at least 2 years younger and look to have more upswing. Can just seems like an OK talent that stayed OK.

If we are gonna sign young players to invest time on I always believe that they should at least show enough promise, and not be "proven" average. Its why I didn't understand why signed Lemina after his loan or why we didn't sell Sturaro for the past 2 seasons.

A guy like Can already got his big break and somewhat failed. We should move on to players ready to be tested imo.

Of course he can come here, revitalize his career and grown to be a legend. I just always think, if we are gonna take the gamble. let at least take an exciting gamble. Can seems low risk (because he is free) low reward. Being a liability for Liverpool should rule you out of joining Juve altogether. The other rumored are at least performing better while being younger.

I hope that if Can comes he does in a rotation role and a better midfielder still joins, then I'm happy. My worry with the whole Can situation is that given his wages, and the fact that he is coming from a "big" club where he was a starter, he will be seen as an important player from the get go. Its easier to sign Cristante and rotate him until/if he steps up than to do so with your high wage, former-EPL, German NT, player and keep him happy.

So I can see us ending up with Can+Pellegrini instead of Can+(1st choice guy) or Cristante+(1st choice guy), which seems like the worst situation of all.

Last edited by rincon on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Palotta is cool with us, Roma is cool too, his agent as well. The problem I see with Florenzi is of course the player itself. He is so clearly a diehard Roma fan. It would be strange for all involved.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:39 pm

I think we can't argue against Can on a free, still fills a need in the midfield- if anything displaces one of our lesser ones and we will have no excuses not to have funds available to still pursue another one.

The only thing that's clear is that we definitely need some quality here and we need it yesterday

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:24 pm

Watching Felipe Anderson now that he returned from his injury makes me sad we didn't get him. Vision, passing, dribbling, speed and his understanding of the game. He has become really complete. Always a fan.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Yes that is my fear too Rincon

Now we need to replace Khedira AND buy an extra top class midfielder. Not doing so next summer is a potential disaster... and that's why i simply don't expect this worst case scenario to happen What a Face
(because of Marotta)
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:14 am

Warrior wrote:Douglas Costa is a transfer for 2018 bro, we only paid 6m for him last summer and this reprensents pocket change for Juventus.

Vidal --> Dybala
Pogba --> Higuain/Pjanic
Bonucci --> Bernardeschi
Sandro ? Khedira ? --> Costa

Only Higuain was clearly financed by Pogba. To me this shows one thing. We haven't spend a lot of money for any of those transfers since they were fund by major sales. Not even a 50m net spent for the whole.

Currently we have a big hole at the CM position and we need a top class player. It's time to spend all that cash we saved over the years right now.

If we don't go all-in there are 2 solutions, both not very desirable imo
- Sell Dybala to fund the top class CM
- Don't buy a top class CM and contempt ourselves with B- at best Pellegrini, Cristante, Emre Can as starter

Ok, well in that case, Higuain's deal was payable in two installments, one was paid in 2016, the other this passed summer. It's the same cost as what Douglas cost, in any case they committed to this transfer in last summer, so that's why I counted it there. And Douglas' remaining 40M is also payable in two financial years, so were really only on the hook for 20M this upcoming summer.

In any case, our squad will also be bolstered by Caldara and Spinazzola, whom we already know of, with Asamoah/Lichtsteiner leaving and I guess a CB- Barzagli, but I hope he does extend because why not and Howedes doesn't count for obvious reasons.

Apart from our midfield, where we need basically one top signing and even a second good one wouldn't hurt, all of our other moves should be reactive to the market and if a player- say Mandzukic, wants to leave, then we will need to replace said player

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:03 pm

Luca wrote:
Apart from our midfield, where we need basically one top signing and even a second good one wouldn't hurt, all of our other moves should be reactive to the market and if a player- say Mandzukic, wants to leave, then we will need to replace said player

Certainly agreed on that

Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Does Pogba have Juve option on his release clause like the media are talking?
Are we about to witness another masterpiece by Beppe this summer?

It sounds unlikely but just wondering if anyone knows anything about it.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:20 pm

I don't think anyone knows. Would be something though.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:54 pm

That clause thing is all rubbish.

Even if that were the case, we'd struggle to afford his wages. He earns way lot more at United.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:20 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5425637/Matteo-Darmian-join-Juventus-Manchester-United.html

Darmian to Juventus this summer

I'm very happy. With Asamoah and Lichtsteiner almost both surely to leave, this will leave us with Alex Sandro/Spinazzola and De Sciglio/Darmian.

Darmian and De Sciglio can both play on the left or right and Spinazzola, while a left back by trade, is actually right footed.

You know what means?

4-4-2 with all of them on the field at once, JOGA BONITO

------------------------------

Copy pasted from my general section post, belongs here as much as there

Another good move in my opinion, not every signing has to be spectacular and we will have gone from: Alex Sandro, Asamoah, Lichtsteiner and De Sciglio to Alex Sandro, Spinazzola, Darmian and De Sciglio in the space of one season, that's good (assuming we don't sell Alex Sandro, in which case we suck will find a way)

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:03 am

Yes i think Darmian is a good move. He is a solid defensive full-back, a better version of MDS. Seems like versatility is becoming the key word at Juventus.

Sandro wants out i've read this before. Look at his face he doesn't look happy at all and his performance on the field prove those bs rumors to be true.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:06 am

I think he’s performed fairly well in the last couple of months, he adds a new dimension to our attack but defensively he can be very questionable sometimes.

I don’t think MdS will be dropped on current form but everyone of our full backs will see time

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:17 am

The lack of creativity on the left side in the only problem if Sandro leaves.

However, if we stop playing with that Wingdzukic strategy, an offensive minded LB is less needed. Darmian is solid enough to be a starter, MDS too. Spinazzola/Asamoah as subs.

If Sandro remains Asamoah is gone
Left: Sandro
Right: battle between MDS and Darmian
Sub: Spinazzola
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:35 am

Spinazzola may even surprise you and I agree, if we’re playing full time a combination of Douglas, Dybala and Bernardeschi and we add a good central midfielder then we will be just fine

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:13 pm

GK: Szczesny, Sirigu, Pinsoglio
CB: Benatia/Caldara/Barzagli, Chiellini/Rugani
SB: Darmian/De Sciglio, Alex Sandro/Spinazzola

DMF: Pjanic/Marchisio
CMF: Fabinho/Bentancur, Matuidi/Barella
AMF: Dybala/Cuadrado, Douglas Costa/Bernardeschi

CF: Higuain, Balotelli, Pjaca

Higuain
Douglas Costa - Dybala
Matuidi - Pjanic - Fabinho
Alex Sandro - Chiellini - Benatia - Darmian
Szczesny

Balotelli
Bernardeschi - Cuadrado
Barella - Marchisio - Bentancur
Spinazzola - Rugani - Caldara - De Sciglio
Sirigu

hmm

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:57 pm

Just read about Astori’s death. I’m honestly shocked. I always had a lot of respect for him. Great character and professional. Always reliable.

RIP.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:22 pm

True it's a very sad news Sad

RIP boss
- | Transfer Talk | Rumors | News | - - Page 23 France10
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next