Thimmy
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
10 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Yakuza series - Page 7 Empty Re: Yakuza series

Post by Firenze Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:51 pm

Finished it maybe a week ago, clocked in at 35ish hours, I only did 25 or so side stories, found most of them meh compared to say, Yakuza 6

wasn't a huge fan of the combat system (negatively affected what the series is all about, epic boss battles IMO) or Ijincho as the main setting but the characters (party especially) and the last third of the game were very strong IMO. I enjoyed the story a lot. Ichiban is a great MC.

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:45 pm

Firenze wrote:Finished it maybe a week ago, clocked in at 35ish hours, I only did 25 or so side stories, found most of them meh compared to say, Yakuza 6

wasn't a huge fan of the combat system (negatively affected what the series is all about, epic boss battles IMO) or Ijincho as the main setting but the characters (party especially) and the last third of the game were very strong IMO. I enjoyed the story a lot. Ichiban is a great MC.

I’m about to finish the game, and I agree with your impressions. I didn’t really mind the combat that much, but I do think it takes away from the epic boss battles that the series is known for.

The last third of the game has been strong. That seems to be typical for the Yakuza games. I got goosebumps during the part where someone attenpts to attack a certain patriarch with a knife. That scene was quite cheesy, and some would probably describe it as anti-climatic, but I loved it.

I feel like both Yakuza 6 and 7 save too much of their best parts for last, though. 0 did a much better job of scattering the tension and action scenes.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:34 pm

Man this series. Really nothing like it.

Finished Like A Dragon. Would have went for the platinum but True Final Millenium Tower is ridiculous. Got all other trophies.

Story is amazing, as good as 0, 1 and 2 and much better than the later numbered entries. Enjoyed the combat. Characters were the highlight, not just the party members, but all the supporting characters and villains too.

Spoiler:

I hope SEGA never stops releasing Yakuza games.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:22 pm

I don’t think the game is quite as good as Yakuza 0 overall, but it’s a very good game, nonetheless. The boss battles are still good, but there’s something about them that didn’t quite feel the same to me. I’m not sure if it’s the new combat systemx or what it is, but they didn’t feel quite as bombastic as they did in past iterations. It might be that there’s no longer quite the same element of stress and tension in the battles themselves.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:16 pm

another god tier final (ish) boss theme

@M99 glad you liked it a lot

I planned to do the millenium final tower too but read how much of a grind it was and nope'd
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:04 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWCjnYx7Ytc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxkn-dcy01k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJhqN7R_oAg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:03 pm

I don't know what Kiryu is doing in feudal Japan, but I'm so here for it. Day 1. Thanks for sharing!
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:32 pm

@Thimmy

you playing Like A Dragon Gaiden? I finished it up (in 15 hrs, skipped most of the side content as I don't want to burn out with Infinite Wealth just 2 months away)

Lots of filler in a game with only 5 chapters  total (supposed to be a shorter thing to bridge the gap between 6 and 8 for Kiryu) but it all came together nicely by the end, was satisfied, combat maybe the most fun its been for me and it was real pretty on muh gaming laptop

somewhat hyped for infinite wealth but the devs just said it will be by far the longest game in the series (well, its also had the longest dev time)and 7 was already a game I felt overstayed its welcome a little (took me 75 hrs)
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:36 am

Firenze wrote:@Thimmy

you playing Like A Dragon Gaiden? I finished it up (in 15 hrs, skipped most of the side content as I don't want to burn out with Infinite Wealth just 2 months away)

Lots of filler in a game with only 5 chapters  total (supposed to be a shorter thing to bridge the gap between 6 and 8 for Kiryu) but it all came together nicely by the end, was satisfied, combat maybe the most fun its been for me and it was real pretty on muh gaming laptop

somewhat hyped for infinite wealth but the devs just said it will be by far the longest game in the series (well, its also had the longest dev time)and 7 was already a game I felt overstayed its welcome a little (took me 75 hrs)

Yeah, 7 felt pretty long for me as well. The pacing of that game was slow, even by Yakuza standards. The story didn't start picking up until very late into the game, which was a bit weird. I haven't played Like a Dragon Gaiden. I read that it was originally intended to be DLC, but then the devs decided to extend it and turn it into a standalone game instead. To me, that sounds like a lot of filler, which you just confirmed Laughing It's also nearly full price, so I figured I'll pick it up whenever it goes on sale instead. The combat in the game does look fun, and I personally prefer the action based combat of the Yakuza games over the turn based combat in the Like a Dragon series.

I'm on the second year of my programming course, and we've got a lot of tests and assignments coming up before christmas, so I don't have a ton of time for games these days. I'm definitely looking forward to Infinite Wealth next year, though!
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:58 pm

@Firenze what’s your final verdict on Infinite Wealth? I’m going to resume playing it this weekend. Hopefully, the story picks up towards the end of the game because I was feeling a bit burnt out the last time I played it. I’ve only just gotten back to Kamurocho, Japan.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7