Tomwin Lannister
rincon
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Luca
Kaladin
37 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore - Page 5 Empty Re: Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by M99 Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:25 am

ES wrote:

rofl

What a clown club you've become

That would actually be a good signing.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore - Page 5 Empty Re: Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Based Bonera Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:10 am

Blue wrote:It looks like they are keeping Sandro though.

Just wait until January, we'll raid them and get Sandro + Dybala. Most likely Dybala next summer.
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:22 pm

Robespierre wrote:Nah Juve did it also before of Calciopoli ,sold Baggio , sold Vieri to Atletico Madrid, sold Ravanelli just a month after he scored the decisive goal for their last CL won (96) , Inzaghi etc
Expecially Ravanelli explains everything, imagine if Inter sold Milito after the CL '10.
It's always same the Exor' s policy and so Juve's policy, noone is essential or more important than club. Take big money and he'll be replaced worthily. It's the Agnelli policy.

I don't know if it is good or not, but this is their policy ever . Not since '17
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:44 pm

Exactly... Juve have always been a club that embrace the churn, relishing the opportunity to recoup funds and replace with quality young players.

You can argue that it's not the best way to run a football club (at least not at the highest level), but it is a good way to run a business. It's cold, impersonal, and difficult for supporters to buy into (who can blame them when their stars are perpetually on the market), but the club retains a stable business model that lets them maintain the success they've enjoyed in recent seasons.

"Maintain the success" is probably the most important phrase, there. Over the past few seasons, they've been so far ahead of the rest of Serie A that they've been able to effectively write off the league and focus on the CL in the latter stages of the season. You can make the case that they don't NEED to invest heavily to continue achieving their goals.

That may sound strange considering that they were just destroyed in a CL final. However, they've been to two CL finals in since 2013, and they did it with very different managers, very different squads, and very different styles. That doesn't sound like a problem with player recruitment and squad building to me.

Bonucci is a great player, no doubt. But, is he any more crucial than Pogba? Than Morata? Than Tevez? Maybe... Maybe not. However, Juve look to be in a good place to fill the void. Not only do they have experience in the position (Chiellini and Barzagli), but they have several young options that are looking to make the step into a big side like Juve (Rugani and Caldara). Is it guaranteed to work out? No, of course not. Nothing's guaranteed in football. However, it seems that keeping Bonucci was an untenable situation. So, it was time to move on.

This isn't a sign of Juve's downfall anymore than any other player sale. It's actually an opportunity for them to do exactly what they've done better than just about anyone in recent years...
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:37 pm

yeah jokes and all aside , what they've been doing works . And it should still work , no matter who comes and goes. I know they get a lot of slack about selling important players and tbh i won't complain about that lol , but i for once was always on the same ship with regards to the 'who wants here stays' . Any club which respects itself will do the same.

Their issue is that they haven't yet figured out the formula that gives the incentives for their players to not actually consider out , before even begin accomodating a sell. I think they have been a little too proud in that regard. Players want out and before you know it , they actually are. I think there's always more they could have done there , i think one way to do this would be to pay their players even better , include generous bonuses for seasonal successes etc.

Don't know the inside out of things , but you can't have it all . Have a great 11 and winning shit and also a wage bill that looks unrealistic compared to the rest of the elite. Make an extra effort even at the last moment if you have to and if they still want out , by all means. My criticism is reserved solely on that extra effort. For all their sporting and economic success , i think they should seriously consider begin paying better than they have. You want to be and remain elite status , you will have to keep paying premium , if anything , just to be as safe as possible everyone wants in.

Pay premium to all your very important players , then balance it out by selling someone replaceable every summer or so and only for a premium of course. Or just buy less extravagant when there's no need to sell , it's not like they will lack in quality for just 1 season anyway.

Again it's all fun and all , i could never complain about any of this lol , but they are very much still an elite club and they will remain , at least i hope so. Many won't believe me about this but i say it sincerely. I want strong rivals , as strong as they can be. Only way we all collectively get better , competition always drives these clubs to improve and stay at the top.

In any case , at least in Bonucci's case , it's obvious they weren't exactly shopping him around , let alone sell him to Milan . I bet you anything they must have tried anything to convince him to go somewhere in PL , just so they get even better money. Bonucci wanted to stay in Italy and wanted Milan. What could they even do lol , bench a player who helped them to so many victories , a NT starter , potentially someone who would captain them?

Lol these things don't just happen . In fact , what actually happened was much more reasonable to happen than such a scenario. Would absolutely destroy their dressing room and tranquility . It was just VERY unfortunate , because Sandro apparently was on the verge of moving too , selling 2 such players in a summer can turn out very ugly. I am certain they are fighting this battle as we speak , to keep him at least for the season. Watch out for this , talk is fine but if they have to sell Sandro as well , they are going to have a lot of trouble.

Bonucci really fkd them over here Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:00 pm

Here is an image that represents Juve's small mentality and its consequences very well. I think some of you guys will find it damn interesting.

Spoiler:
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:23 pm

How adorable you use GL tax methods to count your league titles

Something tells me you won't find the consequences there though

Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore - Page 5 DBbMwAuUwAE73HY

Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore - Page 5 DBexzpcXgAA6eLo

Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore - Page 5 DBbNlS8U0AA7m8V

Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore - Page 5 DBbNQgjXoAUVMLP

#ItsTimeToBeProud

#LaDecimaSilvera
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Its time to be proud rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:43 pm

Juventus has been relevant in Europe for most of its history, only the CL final record is laughable. Most fans, i included, have created an armour to protect themselves from the sadness after 2015. So your post only makes 60hp damage out of 100.

This image that was hidden in my back pocket boosts my morale, therefore i regain 20hp
Spoiler:

Come back when you have a SECOND STAR Very Happy
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:45 am

Juventus has been a selling club. Even when Serie A was the top league in the world, they sold Zidane when he was at the top of his game to Madrid. They have done very well notwithstanding.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:44 am

ES wrote:Its time to be proud rofl

rofl rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:19 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Good God Juve is such a joke of a club.

Reminds me of those times in elementary when our classroom is having collective momentum in comedy during science given the sheer chemistry within us all and that one awkward try hard kid kills it with an awkward uncomfortable joke that settles the dust.

Delete your club, pls.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 am

ES wrote:Its time to be proud rofl

rofl

This was the Tuttosport's title ( juve sports magazine basically ) after the 1-4 against Real ( it's still Schadenfreude Proud )

Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore - Page 5 46ebc6bae61c5136f8194bfdd3932e9b

Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:11 am

TuttoSport is Juvemania to what is the Russkoye Znamya for Anti-Semitism.

Their Editor-in-Chief, Dejan aka DeviAngel does a good job of placating losses by teary pride.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:11 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Good God Juve is such a joke of a club.

Reminds me of those times in elementary when our classroom is having collective momentum in comedy during science given the sheer chemistry within us all and that one awkward try hard kid kills it with an awkward uncomfortable joke that settles the dust.

Delete your club, pls.

Youre just mad you cant hit the notes like he can

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:35 am

Only Madrid, Milan and Bayern have been to more CL finals than Juventus.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:17 pm

Some of the Juve Kool Aid

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFsF1VeXsAYJ3AP.jpg

Meanwhile, having fun with De Sciglio lads?

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:22 pm

Didn't know Rincon wrote for the Independent.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:29 pm

Very factual article to be honest.

You can tell there is really a strain between Bonucci and a Juventus. Marotta in an interview was mentioning how he wanted out so they obliged, basically instantly. Bonucci discussing the move, mentioning that he felt unappreciated and that him being left out of the squad versus Porto was the last straw.

It's a sad end but I don't really mind him being bounced, circumstances considered.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:47 pm

Apologies Rincon, new evidence suggests it's actually Luca who writes for the Independent.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Sadly I don't have a job in sports journalism. It'd be the easiest thing in the world, would love it. Make a bunch of stuff up and get paid for it.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:54 pm

Rincon is my ghost writer.

Selling Bonucci doesn't prove our strength nor is it a sign of weakness. It just is what it is. We've reinvested into our team heavily, which more than cushions the blow but demonstrates our ambition for constant improvement. We would undoubtedly be a better team with Bonucci AND the signings we've made this summer but there's no way to certainly tell that we would've had both. We're not going to be held ransom by Bonucci on this matter.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:34 pm

Love the banter from the Milanisti. You finally have a reason to be alive and follow football after the Chinese cut you a cheque for $4 trillion.

Must be nice just to be able to write cheques and not worry about an actual budget or anything like normal clubs.

We will see what happens this year. All banter aside, Milan will obviously be improved from last year. I doubt you can spend over $200 million in one summer and not be improved unless your name is ManCity.

Anyways, we will see how Bonucci does in the red and black. As for your other signings, other than Andre Silva I don't really see any world class players, just a bunch of average to above average squad players or players with some good potential. But those players now need to play as a team, so putting pretty much an entire starting XI together over one summer may become a challenge for you. We will see.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:14 pm

ES wrote:Some of the Juve Kool Aid

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFsF1VeXsAYJ3AP.jpg

Meanwhile, having fun with De Sciglio lads?

If you played in a dumpster fire for 7 years, youd look like crap too.
Give'm a few weeks

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:15 pm

juve_gigi wrote:Love the banter from the Milanisti. You finally have a reason to be alive and follow football after the Chinese cut you a cheque for $4 trillion.

Must be nice just to be able to write cheques and not worry about an actual budget or anything like normal clubs.

We will see what happens this year. All banter aside, Milan will obviously be improved from last year. I doubt you can spend over $200 million in one summer and not be improved unless your name is Inter.

Anyways, we will see how Bonucci does in the red and black. As for your other signings, other than Andre Silva I don't really see any world class players, just a bunch of average to above average squad players or players with some good potential. But those players now need to play as a team, so putting pretty much an entire starting XI together over one summer may become a challenge for you. We will see.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next