windkick
BarrileteCosmico
danyjr
33 posters

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Go down

Match Day Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Match Day Thread

Post by danyjr Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:22 am

This team has been left on its own for way too long. It is a shame that Messi is playing in such a terrible club. I want him to move to another club where he doesn't have to carry a bunch of scrubs.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:06 am

Poor performance again. Got countered after every corner we had. Tells me that the positioning is horrible. And our midfield got bypassed very easily. Rakitic is no Busquets.

I still dont understand the obsession with some players Valverde has. Even after all these years, still dont get what Roberto brings. We have had some very talented youngsters in recent years who we have mismanaged. And yet the least talented and useless footballer of them somehow makes it to our starting 11. To go from Alves to Roberto has to be one of the biggest downgrades in football history.

The less said about Paulinho the better.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:23 am

danyjr wrote:This team has been left on its own for way too long. It is a shame that Messi is playing in such a terrible club. I want him to move to another club where he doesn't have to carry a bunch of scrubs.

Yeah, this club has been needing big changes for a long time. Does this awful board of morons plan to be in charge of Barcelona forever? I also wish Pep would be willing to come back but of course that is never possible with the current people in power. Valverde is a small cub coach and he manages us like a small club. I don't like that.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:25 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Poor performance again. Got countered after every corner we had. Tells me that the positioning is horrible. And our midfield got bypassed very easily. Rakitic is no Busquets.

I still dont understand the obsession with some players Valverde has. Even after all these years, still dont get what Roberto brings. We have had some very talented youngsters in recent years who we have mismanaged. And yet the least talented and useless footballer of them somehow makes it to our starting 11. To go from Alves to Roberto has to be one of the biggest downgrades in football history.

The less said about Paulinho the better.

Why criticise Roberto? He wasn't bad at all. He was playing with Dembélé in front of him who had no positional sense, no agility and no composure when receiving a slightly difficult ball.

Rakitić is not Busquets, but even Busquets would have been in trouble last night. The whole team was badly prepared for this match. It was not a high press and it wasn't a sit back deep. It was none. All the second balls, all the 50-50 balls were won by Sevilla players. The only good thing about Paulinho was that he brought a little bit of physical presence to the midfield other than that he played  extremely poorly and at fault on one goal.

I still don't understand what Coutinho and Dembélé bring to this team. I still don't understand the obsession Barcelona had to bring them in for the kind of money you see world class, difference making players bring to a team. They may not be average players but they are playing like average La Masia scrub. And I doubt if they will ever be anything close to world class.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:24 pm

I think we can all agree that Dembele was a panic purchase to show that we "still have it" after Neymar left us, regardless of his actual ability.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:20 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I think we can all agree that Dembele was a panic purchase to show that we "still have it" after Neymar left us, regardless of his actual ability.

I think this is a fair assesment, although he has shown what he can do with a little bit of confidence. He's not a scrub. He can dribble, he can make great passes other can only dream of, but he's too reserved and afraid too show it. He needs better man management, something that IMO Valverde can't provide. He's bland and doesn't really have much influence. He's a mediocre manager... I've come to realize that.

He can provide 1/4 of what a legit big team coach could provide. I know he could have better players at hand, but with current personel he should be doing much better pure football quality matter wise. Results aren't everything.

I'd rather lose 2-0 to Sevilla yesterday while playing attractive football. I don't give a fvck about silverware. I wanna have fun on the weekends while sitting down to watch the game.

That's what matters, not trophies or any of that shit.

Messi, Iniesta or Coutinho aren't defensive workhorses that want to defend 90% of the game and have a couple offensive raids to decide the game. That's not how we roll. *bleep* that shit. Why do you think attendace has suffered so much this season? We're a lot of points ahead after all. Why do people not come to the games? Because we fvcking suck. That's why.

These are sad times. Things got to change.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:08 pm

I think the thing he is most criticized for, his positioning, is not as big deal as most people presume. He's 19 and this is one of those few things that are actually trainable and not innate. If he fails to improve this he is either hardheaded or Valverde is a clown.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:44 am

danyjr wrote:I still don't understand what Coutinho and Dembélé bring to this team. I still don't understand the obsession Barcelona had to bring them in for the kind of money you see world class, difference making players bring to a team. They may not be average players but they are playing like average La Masia scrub. And I doubt if they will ever be anything close to world class.

yo calma Coutinho has been great so far and he IS a difference maker. He did well against Sevilla despite the awful approach Valverde decided to take. He should have a leading role in the team come next season

Also another major problem is Paulinho starting as a deep lying midfielder. Obviously his strength is goalscoring so the deepest he should be playing is basically behind the striker. He brings nothing to the game as a deep playmaker where genius Valverde instructs him to be
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:13 pm

Decent result although 3-0 would have been much better.
Once more, not happy with the lack of control. Why does Valverde insist on bringing on Paulinho? He is not defensive workhorse. We become more vulnerable when he is on as we lose whatever control we have.

Thought Semedo and Iniesta were outstanding. Semedo looks like a gem and I wish he rightfully takes the RB spot from Roberto. He is a tank, almost impenetrable one on one and skilled going forward. Just needs confidence, time on the pitch and the right coaching.

Our CL chances rest on the backline (Semedo in it) staying fit and wrapping Iniesta in cotton wool. He should not play a single La Liga game.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:55 pm

Shoutout to Suarez too who finally broke the curse in CL. Deserved goal after all the donkeys work he puts which is criminally underrated. Need to rest him too and play Paco in the league.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:50 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Decent result although 3-0 would have been much better.
Once more, not happy with the lack of control. Why does Valverde insist on bringing on Paulinho? He is not defensive workhorse. We become more vulnerable when he is on as we lose whatever control we have.

Thought Semedo and Iniesta were outstanding. Semedo looks like a gem and I wish he rightfully takes the RB spot from Roberto. He is a tank, almost impenetrable one on one and skilled going forward. Just needs confidence, time on the pitch and the right coaching.

Our CL chances rest on the backline (Semedo in it) staying fit and wrapping Iniesta in cotton wool. He should not play a single La Liga game.

Actually I couldn't see the game continuously due to an exact overlap with Liverpool-City. Had to keep switching between the two and ended up watching neither very well. Sad

Your comments please me so much. Not too many people talk about Iniesta nowadays and when they do its mostly about how he is at the end of his career and can't make the difference as before. So to read such effusive praise and that too from someone who understands the game as well as you do is wonderful. Smile

As for my impression of our current team we are strong but in an anti-Barca way. We grind out results, a far cry from the swashbuckling performances of the Pep Guardiola days, but what we are better at now than then is the defensive solidity. We don't concede easily and don't look that vulnerable on counter attacks.

Still I think Madrid will win the UCL again. They have become so set in this competition that its hard to see anyone including us knock them out. It could all have been so different if either the 2014 or 2016 final had not been so one sidedly lucky for one team. Anyway whats done is done. We can criticize and try to bring down our rivals but ultimately its the results that write history. Now my worry is if Madrid do win this UCL not only will Cristiano have more UCLs than our legendary players but many of Madrid's current squad will equal our numbers, numbers that we have built for so many years and that I am so proud of. So truth be told I just want to see Madrid out even if it is with terrible refereeing decisions against them. Sad

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:53 pm

https://www.transfermarkt.com/uefa-champions-league/erfolgreichstespieler/pokalwettbewerb/CL

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:26 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Semedo looks like a gem and I wish he rightfully takes the RB spot from Roberto. He is a tank, almost impenetrable one on one and skilled going forward. Just needs confidence, time on the pitch and the right coaching.

Semedo had a good game but that is because Roma had nothing going on for them offensively. I've seen him countless of times losing the man he's supposed to mark because he is too invested in the ball itself rather than runners going behind him. He also gave away a needless penalty which the referee didn't blow his whistle for. So all in all don't know you what you're talking about when you say he is better than Roberto.

He is quick, is physically strong and his first touch is good. That's about it. He lacks any creativity and his final balls are terrible. And other than 1v1 battles, he is prone to defensive mistakes.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:29 pm

Dembele is absolute whack. Dany was right all along
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:18 pm

Semedo is one of the most talented right backs in the world. He has too much technique for a right back. Cant understand why coaches always destroy career of great players

messixaviesta wrote:
Still I think Madrid will win the UCL again. They have become so set in this competition that its hard to see anyone including us knock them out. It could all have been so different if either the 2014 or 2016 final had not been so one sidedly lucky for one team. Anyway whats done is done. We can criticize and try to bring down our rivals but ultimately its the results that write history. Now my worry is if Madrid do win this UCL not only will Cristiano have more UCLs than our legendary players but many of Madrid's current squad will equal our numbers, numbers that we have built for so many years and that I am so proud of. So truth be told I just want to see Madrid out even if it is with terrible refereeing decisions against them. Sad

Only Barcelona can stop Madrid. Bayern is strong but they somehow lose confidence against Madrid or Barca easily. These 2 teams rule the world, sometimes their name is enough to put them through. This is why only Barcelona can stop them and if it happens in semi-final it will be better.
Ronaldo winning more than our legend never will make him better. Eye test says everything and watching only 10 minutes of each player's performance will give an idea who was better player for future people. but to see ronaldo in the game 10 minutes is not enough so they need at least 30 minutes long video to compare
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:41 pm

What was Umtiti doing on the goal? Really poor from him. He has been a bit suspect lately.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:05 pm

Hanging on for dear life against Roma. Where are the Valverde apologists?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Stegen has had a shocker. He is supposed to be a sweeper keeper. He should come out a lot more and help the CB's with balls into the box.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:31 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Hanging on for dear life against Roma. Where are the Valverde apologists?

Blame the board for not buying the proper players that your team needs. In my opinion valverde is playing with what he can
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:37 pm

rofl

What a flop team. And don't say you didn't see this coming. This team has been in mud for years.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:42 pm

Lol I've been saying all season that we're absolute shit and that we can't dominate the likes of Girona

No style and now also no results. Valverde's 4-4-2 is laughable. No gameplan whatsoever
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:44 pm

danyjr wrote:rofl

What a flop team. And don't say you didn't see this coming. This team has been in mud for years.

Have to agree with you.

On a side note, even though Valverde played with what he has, this is a team that has some of the most lethal boots up front, so he should have not kept trying to save a result after we were two down. He should have gone for the kill. We lost and we played like a *bleep* mid table team which makes this a very painful loss.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Dumped out and rightfully so. Even if we win the league and cup double it's unlikely any Barca fan will be happy with this season. I can live with that or even less as long as one of the three others remaining will ensure that Madrid do not win the trophy for the third consecutive time. If they do it will be a complete disaster with nothing else that happened in this club season mattering much. Sad

A minor point. Maybe I just speak out of my bias but I will still share my thought. I was watching the other game from the start. Only when this became 2-0 I switched to our game. Since then based on whatever I watched, it seemed to me that Iniesta was Messi's in-let. The only way the ball was reaching Messi was through Iniesta. The minute Valverde replaced Iniesta with Gomes we lost whatever little chance we had of scoring a goal back.

Above all though immense respect for Roma. :bow: It's possible to do great things in football without breaking the bank. Also worth mentioning that they did this after being very unlucky in the first leg. It's just a minor irony but before the game there was a mention of Deportivo overturning Milan in 2004 and immediately in my mind that mention got connected to Roma possibly doing that to us.

Last edited by messixaviesta on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:13 pm; edited 5 times in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:49 pm

the madrid fans will be brutal tonight Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:56 pm

I really don't want to dig up my old threads of 5 years ago, but ever since Rosell came this team has been going downhill. From the sale of Thiago and Neymar to dodgy transfers like Gomes, Paulinho, Douglas and I bet this new Arthur guy.

In terms of coaches, only Luis Enrique was the only semi decent coach and even he was just a good coach, nothing world class. Tito, Tata, Valverde are all sub par beta coaches with no right to coach a club like Barcelona.

The spine of squad is what was inherited almost a decade ago from Guardiola. The rest of the squad has just gotten worse and worse. I have already criticised Coutinho and Dembélé's transfers countless times this season. I will save my breath.

But hey Barcelona will win LOL Liga, possibly being invincible and Valverde, Bartomeu and co get another try. Rinse repeat for years.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:01 pm

I think nearly everyone here has a negative opinion of the board, I wouldn't get into a high horse because you denounced those idiots since that's what everyone else did too. It's only the past 2 transfer seasons that they did a semi competent job. They only have their job because Messi has been carrying them this entire time.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next