Jay29
Doc
halamadrid2
21 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Sevilla vs Real Madrid - Page 5 Empty Re: Sevilla vs Real Madrid

Post by chad4401 Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:yeah it's benzema's fault Laughing no wonder i stopped coming around here much.

Maybe because Ben afra is a scrub, pogba is a scrub, payet scrub, where was all this slick talking midweek? Your all cowards can't man up for nothing, anyone could have lost that ball it would have no effect on that goal navas was way off his line, and JoJo punished him, what Ramos own goal, bunch a cowards talking footy rofl

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:58 pm

I'm not saying that last goal wasn't Benz's fault initially.  It was (and then Navas for being lost).  Losing the game wasn't on him.  Blaming him for the loss is crazy.

Why did we lose?  Should have brought fresher legs in late, Ramos, Benz, Navas, Kroos (he was poor imo), Marcelo (he was also poor)...  etc.

I don't really blame the strikers.  They were very isolated.  We played a super conservative tactic.  Should have worked too if not for late errors.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:20 am

Sorry as much as olove Zidane and support his manager ability. This was completely and utterly his foult.

Experimenting against sevilia with 5.3.2. Seriously.

5.3.2 needs months and years to perfect and it's still not the best formation unless u r playing fifa or pes.

The back line is open and flat. You need to rely on last defenders. The marking needs to be tight and non stop and u need pepe and ramos type defenders, not varane who stays behind the attackers shouldve played him in ramos place to hide his weaknesses as he is better as last one chasing. You need to focus all game long. A simple 1.2 and you are infornt of goal, all lines need to perfecly closed all the time or u r infront of goal. barca will kill us with that formation.

We were haphazard and lucky in defence. No body was used to that formation in defence.

The midfield had no control over the match. They had no wing support other then fullbacks and they had to look back too.

Wings are similar as last line and 2 forwards are isolated with no support yet everyone blamed cr7 and benz cuz they had no support.

I donno why we change from that 3.0 at first leg formation. It was the best formation and performance for us. We had total control in midfield, defence and attack with that high pressure game and many shots on goal.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Did you watch the copa del rey away game to Sevilla?

Sevilla were way better than Madrid, he had to change something. That 3-0 in the copa was a different game, Madrid were playing at home. Sevilla are a different side when in Seville.

The system he played made sense. The only things I can fault him on is not replacing Cristiano and Benzema.

He should have kept Kroos and brought on Vazquez and Morata. The speed of those two would have made Sevilla to focus on them at least. Sevilla had nothing to worry about with Benzema and Cristiano, they cant outrun the slower defender in the league.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:48 pm

I agree with you. Let's first give credit to Sevilla and Sampaoli. This team is legitimate, much improved over Emery's teams and arguably the 2nd or 3rd best Spanish team.

As I understand it the ultra conservative tactics were for the first 60 or 70 minutes, which when you at game results worked to perfection. Their goals came from miscues (Ramos, Benz and Navas), not from the tactics. However I would have expected fresher legs to go on in the 60 or 70th minutes and yes that would have changed the outcome IMO.

However, assuming we beat near relegated Valenica , we still have a lead of 4 points over Sevilla (and they have the hardest schedule in 2nd half of top 4 teams) and 5 over Barca. That is good for us in the sense it forces them to keep up the intensity (which is good for us fans).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:27 pm

the second leg was just a game for zidane to test his bench and tactics, not even close to first team or tactics.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Thought Zidane was spot on with his tactics. It was almost a classic Italian game of sorts. Sevilla couldn't flood the opposition half and create overloads because of the fear of Madrids counter potential. The defensive phase of Madrid with essentially 8 players behind the ball ensured Sevilla couldn't really create clear cut chances.

They conceded an own goal from a set piece and poor keeping. Ronaldo was awful. Madrid really need to flog him off tbh. The team carry him and he gives nothing outside of the box. He disrupted Madrids build up when he dropped deep. Benzema wasn't great but at least he kept things moving.

Madrid have played all the difficult away stadiums now so there is nothing to worry about.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:53 pm

Ronaldo still has his speed but man his acceleration is garbage. It's killing his game. This is what happens when your ego takes over and he wants to play every game. He needs the muscle mass he had before
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:15 pm

Zidane has been really good with using his full squad, but he never (or rarely) subs for Ronaldo. He should have put Asensio or Lucas or even Morata (although based on last few outings, I would have put on one of the former) on for Ronaldo. We needed fresh legs and pace. I have no problem with the sub for Kroos as it was obvious he was suffering out there. But I feel he should have taken Ronaldo out and probably Benz as well. If he has played the tactics to perfection, it would have been turn up the offensive heat around the 70 minute mark. If they somehow had made it 2-0, we would have seen a totally different end of game.

But such is futbol. This way noone should get complacent. As Jibers pointed out, the 2nd half of schedule is very favourable for us. The only tough away games are Villareal and Bilbao and re Copa , I suspect the semi final match up (let alone the final which won't be a concern until late April.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:56 pm

I don't understand why so many of you are panicking?

Sevilla is 2nd in la liga, they have had a great season, and they learned alot from the copa games against us, and fielded the right tactics.

Mind you, I would say draw would have been the right result, that Jovetic goal, any top GK should be saving that, however Sevilla is a monster at home this season.

One thing is for sure however, CR's days are numbered, he has no speed anymore, can't take anyone 1v1 even if his life is depends on it, prolonging his contract any further than it is, is horrible, the only reason he wins Balon d'ors is due to the team success, rather than individual brilliance, which is odd, because all he does is score tapins and penalties...

NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5