elitedam
Kebab
Jay29
zenmaster
Sri
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brazil football team Chapecoense in Colombia plane crash - Page 2 Empty Re: Brazil football team Chapecoense in Colombia plane crash

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:46 am

I was devastated yesterday, I watched many of their games this season, they were living a Leicester-esque fairy tale. Yesterday was such a terrible day...

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Brazil football team Chapecoense in Colombia plane crash - Page 2 Empty Re: Brazil football team Chapecoense in Colombia plane crash

Post by guest_07 Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:34 am

condolences to their relatives

Crying or Very sad

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:58 pm

RIP and condolences to the families
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:03 pm

The scene at Chapecoense's Arena Condá this evening

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:33 pm

I saw the semi-final against S.Lorenzo.
At the last second their GK makes an incredible save,if he didn't save it they'd never have   played the final .. incredible the life.
Absoutely awful news . RIP.
Frankly I've enough fear of flying and this type of news increase it
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:16 am

Apparently the plane ran out of fuel. If that's indeed the reason for the crash, that's a terrible mistake in flight planning and someone or someones should be held accountable for that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:42 am

Gutted to hear the news. Its so weird as I was reading stuff about Busby Babes and the Munich disaster last week for particularly no reason.
What can we all say more than a customary Rest in Peace. Truly truly sad. The photos they took before it happened. Smiling faces. Sad

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:07 pm

Art Morte wrote:Apparently the plane ran out of fuel. If that's indeed the reason for the crash, that's a terrible mistake in flight planning and someone or someones should be held accountable for that.
They were low on fuel AND had electrical problems. I think if it were just fuel it couldve been salvaged since they were only 30 mins from the airport and could probably glide most of the way there.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:33 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Apparently the plane ran out of fuel. If that's indeed the reason for the crash, that's a terrible mistake in flight planning and someone or someones should be held accountable for that.
They were low on fuel AND had electrical problems. I think if it were just fuel it couldve been salvaged since they were only 30 mins from the airport and could probably glide most of the way there.

No, this does not appear to be the case. They entered a holding pattern near the airport, waiting for permission to land, which they inexplicably were refused by the air traffic control. As planes get most of their electricity from generators attached to the engines when they're running, I reckon that they first ran out of fuel and then ran out of electricity as the engines weren't providing it no more. So, it is starting to look like only a human error, and a very, very basic one, too, running out of fuel, that it's an absolutely shocking level of incompetence.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:58 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Frankly I've enough fear of flying and this type of news increase it

You still have hundreds of times more chance to get hit by a car or get involved in a driving accident. So you shouldn't have

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:10 pm

Condolences to the familes of everyone involved in this crash.

May the Rest in Peace.

As Art said, this looks to be an entirely human-caused accident. Starting with the fuel situation, and ending up with the fact the plane was not allowed to land. Someone should have been told about the fuel situation, and it should have been resolved.

I hope swift action is taken to identify what went wrong in this case. We owe them that much at least.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:27 pm

they were deny landing because whoever they are requesting, was also handling another low on fuel jet.

reporting on above was short and fast, maybe i heard wrong.

meanwhile, a spokeperson said that the pilot was alert of the situation and should refueling at a place, instead pilot decided to go all the way to the destination

dont that sound weird?
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:30 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2305821/ronaldinho-and-argentina-legend-riquelme-to-come-out-of-retirement-to-play-for-chapecoense/

Would be pretty neat if they follow through on it.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:16 pm

@Terrance

UNfortunately that doesn't sound weird. As I'm an avid viewer of the "Mayday" documentaries on plane crashes and their investigation, there have been other instances of plane crashes due to running out of fuel.

As many airlines are running at a loss or barely manage, the pilot are ordered to fly low on fuel to save money (as then the machines are lighter and thus are supposed to use less fuel, thus m,aking the flight cheaper.

Additionally, every stop that might let the airplane arrive late, is frowned at by the people running these companies as this coasts money and possibly passengers, too.

Thus the pilots often are forced to take bigger risks than would be sensible, thus leading to problems, just to save their employers money.

Oh, and about the electricity on board - normally airplanes (at least the bigger ones) have a tiny ram-air turbine that can generate power just via the airstream due to the speed of the aircraft.

So far I haven't checked what type of aircraft it was that they used, so I'm not sure whether they had a RAT or not, I have to admit, but at least the larger planes normally would have some emergency electricity even without fuel nowadays, unless there is a malfunction in that subsystem, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:10 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Chapecoense president has revealed that Barcelona are the only club in Europe that helped them monetarily after their tragedy. [foxsports]

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2