2016 Playoffs

2 posters

Go down

2016 Playoffs Empty 2016 Playoffs

Post by elfmeter Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:36 pm

Everyone here too uppity to talk about soccer in North America? Not a single post in a year?

Full disclosure, before I start. I should go out and watch MLS games, I want to support it, I would like to see football grow here, but the thing is, I usually have something better to do and in my opinion the quality is not the greatest, not to mention, I hate playing on fake grass, Dont get me wrong the fake grass is now better, but it is still fake.

So, two teams from the Iceburg, beat the two big, rich New York city teams, These are teams that have to play on ice hockey rinks for 11 months of the year and yet they beat those dirty, crack smoking, gun toting, shoot anything that comes on your lawn 'muricans. Yes both games were played on the Iceberg and it was quite cold last night, but it did not seem to bother David Villa.

Oddly, the greatest English players since Gary Lineker are not able to make the starting line ups for their MLS teams. Neither Stevie G nor Frankie L started, though Frankie did come on late in the game for NYC. Not saying he was too blame, but Toronto did score two late goals to win the game 2-0.

Didier Drogba appears to be exiled on rue Main, he also was absent, though word is he will be back for the second leg. He was complaining earlier about being dropped for that big Serie A star who is scoring all the goals now-forgot his name? Montreal won the first leg 1-0, before going to the opium den laden, crime ridden, killer cops on the loose city next Sunday,

LA Galaxy managed to score a goal and win at home 1-0 without the great Stevie G. Tim Howard did quite well on the losing side for Colorado. Or so they say.

Seattle-who probably have the best MLS supporters-easily won the game vs Dallas, with ex Bundesliga player Nelson Valdez opening the flood gates. Now I am not suggesting his playing in the Bundesliga made him the huge super star he is today, but I will say, playing for Bremen made him Paraguay's greatest player in the history of the universe and a legend of South American football. Seattle won 3-0.

All home teams not only won, but kept clean sheets, return games are next Sunday.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

2016 Playoffs Empty Re: 2016 Playoffs

Post by Warrior Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:51 pm

elfmeter wrote:
Didier Drogba appears to be exiled on rue Main, he also was absent, though word is he will be back for the second leg.  He was complaining earlier about being dropped for that big Serie A star who is scoring all the goals now-forgot his name?  Montreal won the first leg 1-0, before going to the opium den laden, crime ridden, killer cops on the loose city next Sunday,

His attitude stinks. Always injured and he rarely does the full training with the rest of the team.

He doesn't perform as well as last year. Mancosu is the new striker and he actually does a good job and scores goals. The coach left Drogba out (in favor of Mancosu) for a match against i don't remember who.

Drogba then angrily left the team but the owner talked to him and now he acts soft again. Joey Saputo is not a man to *bleep* with no matter who you are lol. Never would have thought Drogba would be such a little bitch. The guy comes in Montreal thinking he's a big shot yet no one cares about him anymore. He got some hype for a couple of weeks last year but things went back to normal. The local hockey team is doing well, so Impact could cease all form of activity and people wouldn't mind.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:25 pm

Second legs on today.

Colorado and LA are into extra time (Series tied 1-1 onAgg)La brought on Stevie G in extra time to win this, I am going to say this is going to PK's
currently 109 min.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:41 pm

Colorado v La going to penals
Stevie G scoring the first kick

NY Red Bulls v Montreal 0-0 early in the game
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:45 pm

Ashley Cole and Gio dos santos have failed to score for LA. Colarado have not missed yet.
3-1
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:47 pm

Timmy Howard thwarts the high priced LA imports. Colorado win 3-1 on PK's
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:36 pm

It seemed inevitable that NY would score in the first half, but they didnt.

Montreal score an away goal and lead 1-0 in the second half and dare I say will go through. Lots of time left though, but NY have to score three now.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:48 am

This is huge for the Iceberg teams (though the Iceberg is rather warm now, supposed to get up to around 20 C today). Montreal play Toronto in the Semi final, meaning a team from the Iceberg will make the final for the first time.

Toronto beat up Frank Lampards XI 5-0.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:27 pm

Toronto will win this

Montreal has a weak mentality. They were gonna concede on a penalty after a STUPID mistake from Cabrera, who lost the ball just outside the pen box :facepalm: Bush saved his team's ass this time but he is error-prone too. Weak midfield really, no one shines there, just ageing guys who are decent at best.

Drogba is of no help, the best offensive player in this team is Nacho Piatti, by far. And the only good defender is Laurent Ciman (who played for Belgium in Euros), the rest is dead wood.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:13 pm

Told ya

5 goals conceded in such an important game lol
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE