Myesyats
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
31 posters

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Page 30 Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 09, 2019 1:46 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:I have had in on my PS4 for a while (Witcher 3). Do I need to play or know the story of the other ones?

Not really, there's some interactions with established characters you might not get straight away but the story is very self contained in the sense it's mainly about characters which weren't in the first two games.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 09, 2019 2:04 pm

Lucifer wrote:Completed the story last night, would like to describe my experience in few words. First of all let me start with the fact that I am by no means  a serious gamer. This is my first console and first game besides usual ones like FIFA, Pes or WWE. Used to sporadically play GTA along with my brother (serious gamer), although I would just fool around killing random people and cops in various creative ways. Bottom line is I am a complete novice in this field.
Now regarding the game, to sum it up in one sentence, this game has made me seriously  wanting to play various other games. I started this game with sole objective of fooling around in open world and hunting but the story  is so engrossing that I barely wasted any time doing any of those things. My working hours are little stressful or else I would have completed the story in less than 30 hrs. I absolutely loved the arc of Arthur and Micah was absolutely a legit heel. One complaint, albeit a minor one is I would have liked to end the story with Arthur due to the bond I had developed with the character. John n Marston was good character but there was not enough time for him to grow on me. Gotta admit it felt like a anti climax.
No need for me to highlight how beautiful and realistic the graphics are so won't go into it. Have to mention one funny incident through, I was playing the game and my grandpa sat behind me, he was so hooked  watching it and  after some time asked what is the name of this movie. Laughing
All in all I definitely very much enjoyed the game. Will definitely revisit it in near future. Also going to play The Witcher next so please bear with me when I get excited like a 12 year old girl and post about small things.

So you‘re a new gamer, like myself. Red Dead Redemption 2 is a damn masterpiece and speaking from experience as someone who hasn’t played many video games since PS1/PS2 before playing RDR2, it‘s hard to get into other games immediately but lowering your expectations and understanding that some games are great for different reasons helps.

I also played Witcher 3 immediately after RDR2 and while I did finish it eventually, it’s a slow burn and the story becomes a bit tedious eventually. Still worth playing though.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 09, 2019 2:12 pm

I couldn't imagine playing RDR2 and Witcher 3 back to back tbh Laughing

I would definitely burnout.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 09, 2019 2:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I couldn't imagine playing RDR2 and Witcher 3 back to back tbh Laughing

I would definitely burnout.

It was mostly my fault because I try to be a completionist, did almost everything in White Orchard, Velen, Novigrad and then got to Skellige lol.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 09, 2019 2:26 pm

Bought rdr2 when it came out. I still haven't played it as I still haven't finished witcher 3 Laughing (at the end in Toussaint though)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 09, 2019 2:29 pm

I've played the game like 6 times over and i don't think I've ever done that lol.

I usually just play main story, side quests, witcher gear quests for better gear and sometimes monster contracts.

Game has so much quality content, you don't really need to be exploring points of interest on top of it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 09, 2019 2:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Witcher 3 is only massive if you do everything.

A straight story run through isn't that long, although i do advise anyone who plays that game not to ignore side quests related to main characters as they are in some ways better than the main story and they enhance the main story.

Some of the sidequests add a ton of quality to the game. Playing through the game without doing them, and not playing the DLCs would be a disgrace. You either invest the time, or you settle for a comparatively poor experience. Such an immersive and character-driven game deserves more than a plain run through the main story ffs Laughing There's also Gwent. Yep, it's a time consuming game.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 09, 2019 3:03 pm

I don't disagree, I'm just saying that's what makes it massive.

Gwent can be ignored tbh :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 09, 2019 4:40 pm

Just like Newcastle FC :coffee:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 09, 2019 4:46 pm

I would highly recommend The Last Of Us to both Lucifer and urban. Its a linear story driven game, there are no sidequests or open world, but it is a damn masterpiece.

Also if anyone enjoyed Witcher 3, they really should get the Hearts Of Stone and Blood & Wine DLC. It was the best part of the game for me.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu May 09, 2019 4:46 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Lucifer wrote:Completed the story last night, would like to describe my experience in few words. First of all let me start with the fact that I am by no means  a serious gamer. This is my first console and first game besides usual ones like FIFA, Pes or WWE. Used to sporadically play GTA along with my brother (serious gamer), although I would just fool around killing random people and cops in various creative ways. Bottom line is I am a complete novice in this field.
Now regarding the game, to sum it up in one sentence, this game has made me seriously  wanting to play various other games. I started this game with sole objective of fooling around in open world and hunting but the story  is so engrossing that I barely wasted any time doing any of those things. My working hours are little stressful or else I would have completed the story in less than 30 hrs. I absolutely loved the arc of Arthur and Micah was absolutely a legit heel. One complaint, albeit a minor one is I would have liked to end the story with Arthur due to the bond I had developed with the character. John n Marston was good character but there was not enough time for him to grow on me. Gotta admit it felt like a anti climax.
No need for me to highlight how beautiful and realistic the graphics are so won't go into it. Have to mention one funny incident through, I was playing the game and my grandpa sat behind me, he was so hooked  watching it and  after some time asked what is the name of this movie. Laughing
All in all I definitely very much enjoyed the game. Will definitely revisit it in near future. Also going to play The Witcher next so please bear with me when I get excited like a 12 year old girl and post about small things.

So you‘re a new gamer, like myself. Red Dead Redemption 2 is a damn masterpiece and speaking from experience as someone who hasn’t played many video games since PS1/PS2 before playing RDR2, it‘s hard to get into other games immediately but lowering your expectations and understanding that some games are great for different reasons helps.

I also played Witcher 3 immediately after RDR2 and while I did finish it eventually, it’s a slow burn and the story becomes a bit tedious eventually. Still worth playing though.

I'll take that into account Thumbs up like I said I am novice and don't know many games to begin with. Witcher and GoW has made lot of noise so I said might as well start with them. After that uncharted 4 and maybe TLOU before it's sequel comes out.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu May 09, 2019 4:48 pm

M99 wrote:I would highly recommend The Last Of Us to both Lucifer and urban. Its a linear story driven game, there are no sidequests or open world, but it is a damn masterpiece.

Also if anyone enjoyed Witcher 3, they really should get the Hearts Of Stone and Blood & Wine DLC. It was the best part of the game for me.

Now I am confused. Laughing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 09, 2019 5:34 pm

I would recommend Bioshock Infinite, as well. You can probably get it for cheap, at this point in time. It's uncomplicated and less time consuming game than the other titles that have been mentioned, but it has a quality storyline and I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri May 10, 2019 9:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:I have had in on my PS4 for a while (Witcher 3). Do I need to play or know the story of the other ones?

Not really, there's some interactions with established characters you might not get straight away but the story is very self contained in the sense it's mainly about characters which weren't in the first two games.

Alright thanks.

I think I'll stay watch a video on the other two games so I kind of know what happened. I did the same with GoW even tho this one was a little different helped me understand Kratos character a little better.

Nevertheless not sure when I'll get too it still playing Skyrim.

I also have to play AC: Odyssey, Spiderman, two of these Tales games I got. I LOUT is coming out.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri May 10, 2019 9:08 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:

Alright thanks.

I think I'll stay watch a video on the other two games so I kind of know what happened. I did the same with GoW even tho this one was a little different helped me understand Kratos character a little better.

I also have to play AC: Odyssey, Spiderman, two of these Tales games I got. I LOUT is coming out.

Which of the Tales of games are they?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri May 10, 2019 11:21 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

Alright thanks.

Zestiria and Berseria. Have you played them?

The first ever one I played was Vesperia and I really loves it saw these and decides to download them.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat May 11, 2019 12:38 am

Winter is Coming wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

Alright thanks.

The first ever one I played was Vesperia and I really loves it saw these and decides to download them.

I played Berseria recently. Impulsively decided to get it during a christmas or winter sale or something. I thought it was surprisingly good, so I bought Vesperia remastered. I haven't completed Vesperia, yet, but I'm pretty close to the end. So far, I definitely preferred Berseria, but the internet seem to think Vesperia is top 2 in the series. The combat system in the two games are pretty similar, but Vesperia's just feels a lot more clunky, and even though I'm close to finishing the game, I never quite came to grips with the peculiar combo system and redundant features like, "fatal attacks" where you have to press one of the shoulder buttons as soon as you see a color indicated flash above the enemy. Was that in the original game? I might check out Zestiria, but that one seems to be rated far below both Vesp and Bers by people who have played them all.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat May 11, 2019 4:00 am

Thimmy wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

I played Berseria recently. Impulsively decided to get it during a christmas or winter sale or something. I thought it was surprisingly good, so I bought Vesperia remastered. I haven't completed Vesperia, yet, but I'm pretty close to the end. So far, I definitely preferred Berseria, but the internet seem to think Vesperia is top 2 in the series. The combat system in the two games are pretty similar, but Vesperia's just feels a lot more clunky, and even though I'm close to finishing the game, I never quite came to grips with the peculiar combo system and redundant features like, "fatal attacks" where you have to press one of the shoulder buttons as soon as you see a color indicated flash above the enemy. Was that in the original game? I might check out Zestiria, but that one seems to be rated far below both Vesp and Bers by people who have played them all.

Honestly I can't remember I played that game like 7-8 years ago. But yeah it was pretty fun for me as it was my first time encountering a Japanese RPG style game and the whole mechenics were interesting to me, but I enjoyed the story a lot. But yeah I think Vesperia will have some kind of outdated type of fighting in it, as I've heard they've improved on it in some newer games but that just depends some people still prefer Vesperia mechenics.

Am so behind on all these games tho so I probably won't get to it just yet lol
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue May 28, 2019 5:19 pm

Bought this game on PS4 and it cannot load online Showdown series to save its life. Any suggestions?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 28, 2019 5:21 pm

No idea, i haven't played the player vs player modes.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:05 pm

Really enjoying the online since the update.

The roles seem quite threadbare at first but once you go through it you notice the depth to it all.

They also added a bunch of random events which makes the world feel much more alive like the single player which makes the free roam much more enjoyable.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Really enjoying the online since the update.

The roles seem quite threadbare at first but once you go through it you notice the depth to it all.

They also added a bunch of random events which makes the world feel much more alive like the single player which makes the free roam much more enjoyable.

That would've been pretty cool back in 2018, mate Thumbs up I gave online multiplayer a chance, and it was a very barebones experience. Ain't no one.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:55 am

No idea why you and others act like i'm trying to sell a game to you lol when i speak about it positively.

I couldn't care less if you and others want to play it, all i said was is i'm enjoying it since the update.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:38 pm

All I’m saying is it’s too late hmm I don’t care if you and others care to care that I care to think it’s too late hmm What are you selling, anyway? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:55 pm

Been thinking about getting back into this game, especially the online, since there appears to be more to do. I really liked where Rockstar was going with the multiplayer when RDO first launched, but there just wasn't enough content so I stepped away from it. I suppose the hope is that it's eventually filled with a ton of stuff to do like in GTA Online. Seems to be heading in that direction so this fall/winter seems like a good time to check in and see where it's at.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:42 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Really enjoying the online since the update.

I got Bounty Hunter and Tradesman licenses for free.

I have not played much but is there anything beyond bounty hunter than...well the bounties? The tradesman gameplay is a complete rehash of Bikers in GTA Online. Don't know much about Collectors but it sounds like the worst out of the three.

The interview with VG 24/7 did sound promising. Obviously disappointed at no SP DLC but their plans for Online sounds good. Heavily hinted at Heists coming. It took a while for GTA Online to find its footing. Will be the same for this game.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Permissions in this forum: